SNC Playoff Proposal (Participants Please Vote)

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Do you accept my proposal:

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:08 am

Yes
85%
Yes but with some changes (please specify below)
No votes
No
15%

Total votes: 13

Shoalzie
WingNut

SNC Playoff Proposal (Participants Please Vote)

Post by Shoalzie »

Due to the imbalance in participation with the two conferences, I'm strongly considering the idea of doing away with the division system from now on and have all participants compete in one large pool with a new playoff format being adopted. My new plan is to have all participants compete with one another in one group with group being paired down through a series of elimination rounds. We currently have 24 players who have participated and earned points in this years game. The first stage of elimination would be after Week 25 (March 24) where the entire field will be narrowed to the top 16 based on points. Tiebreakers will be determined at another time. March 31 and April 7 will include only the remaining 16 players competing with their regular season point totals still carrying through to this round. The top 8 from those next two weeks will advance to compete during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The playoff format from that point on will be determined at a later time.

This poll will be active for 3 weeks (21 days)...the results will determine whether or not this system will be put into play for this year or if the current system will continue. If the proposal passes, the system will immediately go into affect and starting with Week 16, the standings will reflect the new changes. I encourage all who have played this year to vote as well as make a suggestion or ammendment to my proposed plan. Your vote does count. Thanks!
Last edited by Shoalzie on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I'm cool with it.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

same here shoalzie . i am down with it ..

the simpleton that I am can't get here from week to week cause i forget ....

sorry for that ...

C'Mon the Hoops
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

I'm good with whatever.

What about a wildcard system for playoffs?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Sounds fair to me, I don’t deserve to be in 2nd place right now just because my division is full of quitters.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicatrix wrote:What about a wildcard system for playoffs?

Going away from the divisions will take away the need for wild cards. I'd like to find a way to better reward those who have the highest scores in the regular season. I'll draft up my final playoff plan around the All-Star break.
NjSooner
Elwood

Post by NjSooner »

godzilla2002 wrote:Sounds fair to me, I don’t deserve to be in 2nd place right now just because my division is full of quitters.
If people are quitting, why not replace them?

Seems like the logical thing to do.
A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line. "We need a fourth for poker," said the friend. "I'll be right over," whispered the doctor. As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, "Is it serious?" "Oh yes, quite serious," said the doctor gravely. "In fact, there are three doctors there already!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

NjSooner wrote:
godzilla2002 wrote:Sounds fair to me, I don’t deserve to be in 2nd place right now just because my division is full of quitters.
If people are quitting, why not replace them?

Seems like the logical thing to do.

It's not a matter of replacing people...you can come and go as you please. There's no sign-ups or anything. Once you play a week in the game, you stay in the standings. If you want to play...you're more than welcome to.