Chiefs 11-5

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

mvscal
Blank

Re: Chiefs 4-0

Post by mvscal »

What part of feasting on bottom feeders were you pathetically stupid fucktards struggling to comprehend? Do I need to draw you a picture?

Here: 4-12. That is the combined record of the teams you have beaten. I suppose that might be cause for celebration...if you suck.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The Queefs and Chargers haven't played, idiot. Why are you trying to compare them? Oh, yes, that's right. You're attempting to deflect attention away from the fact that you haven't done jack shit other than slap around some of the worst teams in the league.

Go ahead and give yourselves another gatorade shower, dickbags.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The first thing that should be noted is that Locker is out and, yes, losing your starting QB matters.

This doesn't have anything to do with the Chargers anyway so why do you keep bringing them up? Will that somehow change the fact that the Queefs have proved nothing so far?

I don't see anyone tooting the Chargers horn here. My prediction for them was 8-8 possibly 9-7 with a little luck. I don't see any reason to back off that prediction.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:It is wildly premature to start glossing yourselves a "good team" as Scrote did up thread.
DId he actually declare KC to be a good team?

I didn't honestly read it that way.

He said they gave a crap team a solid beatdown -- and that is what a good team is supposed to do, but he came up short of actually declaring that the Chiefs are indeed a good team.

Because everyone knows that there are many marks of a good team, and beating down a garbage team is just one of them.

I dunno.

Maybe we need to check with the sideline reporter on this.

Kcdave absolutely did call his shot, though.
After KC beat Philly he said they were going to the playoffs.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The epitome of the NFL forum: an AFC West hair-pulling contest.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:The epitome of the NFL forum: an AFC West hair-pulling contest.
And what exactly have YOU contributed to it lately? Other than "Tampa really sucked in the 80s. Good times... *sniff*"
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

They also sucked in the 70s and much of the 90s, you little cyber-poodle.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:Chargertards lost to Tenn

KC plays Tenn Sunday

If KC beats Tenn what will MVS say then?

I would think he should say "you should change your name to M2v2.0, and give yourself a Gatorade shower for winning the Superbowl."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Goober McTuber wrote:The epitome of the NFL forum: an AFC West hair-pulling contest.
Awwww. Does it hurt your feelings that the only time anyone thinks about the black and blue division is when people wish Chris Berman would shove the frozen tundra shtick up his fat ass?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I'd like the Chiefs much better if they had a competent QB, somebody who is more than just a game manager. Smith was successful in SF when they were dominate in the trenches, and not so good when they weren't. Meaning Smith is the weak link for KC no matter the record when the going gets tough vs playoff caliber teams.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:
Awwww. Does it hurt your feelings that the only time anyone thinks about the black and blue division is when people wish Chris Berman would shove the frozen tundra shtick up his fat ass?
Not really. The NFL forum is not that high on my must-read list. It’s an OK place to kill a little time when there’s a lull on the BTPCFB board.

orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Joe in PB wrote:I'd like the Chiefs much better if they had a competent QB, somebody who is more than just a game manager. Smith was successful in SF when they were dominate in the trenches, and not so good when they weren't. Meaning Smith is the weak link for KC no matter the record when the going gets tough vs playoff caliber teams.
Just stop.

Your short-sighted, media-induced take is the result of years of FFL eroding your brain cells, Joe.

Alex Smith is a good fit for this offense and exactly what we needed at this particular course in history. He's not a Manning or Brees, mind you, but with the emerging playmakers we have on both sides of the ball … he doesn't need to be. Reid wanted him because Smith fits in with his system, not because he needed a top-five fantasy QB. He's part of an ensemble cast in Kansas City that features a stout defense, solid running game and receivers who can move the chains. Now we just need better protection up front to keep his jersey clean.

You toss around the game manager tag like it's some type of curse, but there's a long list of game-manager guys just like Smith with Super Bowl appearances and, yes, victories. If you've got the personnel to win games as a team, after all, there's really no need to put it all on your QB. That said, Smith's last drive to beat the Eagles wasn't merely an example of game management, it was good quarterbacking.

Plain and simple.

I will take a game manager backed by a solid game plan, moves the chains and, most important, doesn't kill multiple drives with turnovers. The right system turned Drew Brees from a good quarterback to a great one. It got super bowl rings for guys named Dilfer and Johnson, and you can add Flacco to that list as well. Alex Smith doesn't need to be an FFL monster for the Chiefs to win football games. First and foremost, he needs to keep from hurting them. Mission accomplished, thus far.

Yes … Kansas City is a good team that can absolutely make the playoffs. As Scott said, 10-6 or 11-5 are realistic expectations for this team. Those inferior opponents have the records they do this season because most have already played Kansas City and Denver. As is the case with all 32 teams in this league, a laundry list of things can pop up and crash our hopeful, little bandwagon … but we'll enjoy the ride all the same.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

orcinus wrote:Yes … Kansas City is a good team
There you have it.

Orc has KC as a good team.
Dave has KC making the playoffs, which = a good team.
Scott has revised them to 10-6 or 11-5, which = a playoff (good) team.

My apologies and you may continue berating these individuals, mv.

:mrgreen:
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I based my take on the Philly game, what i saw at times was a QB who wasn't all that poised. Playing from behind can be an issue for Smith because he can't make all the throws. Meaning he rarely passes 20 yards plus beyond the LOS. Its true other game managers have won it all, but those teams had dominating defense. The Chiefs defense has looked good, but I wouldn't say they were dominate, especially with the Broncos in division.

Every team has a weakness or two, I just prefer a teams weakest link to be other than QB.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

tilikum wrote:You toss around the game manager tag like it's some type of curse, but there's a long list of game-manager guys just like Smith with Super Bowl appearances and, yes, victories.
This.

People are getting carried away with that tag, and slapping it on anyone who isn't a black dual threat or whose name isn't Brady, Brees or Manning. Enough. Flip off the ESPN and the Colin Cowturd already. Hell, Brady is the quintessential "game manager." He's a master at methodically dinking and dunking the ball down the field, moving the chains and avoiding turnovers.

Gimmicks come and go, but the timeless recipe for success in the NFL is to have a stout defense, at least a serviceable running game, and a smart and accurate QB who can make all the throws in the pocket and avoid costly mistakes and turnovers. If he's good in the clutch, that's a bonus. That basic formula for success won't be going away anytime soon. This idea that you need some dynamic, game-changing QB to win just isn't true. The RGIII's of the world are very few and far between, and even then, those guys don't stay healthy. Oh, you're saying you want the next Peyton Manning? Okay, well, good luck finding and drafting that guy. Maybe you'll hit the lotto sometime in the next 30 draft classes.

Until then, certainly there are worse options than Alex Smith. At least he's plenty experienced and knows how to run an offense. At least they're not stuck with some shitty second year 4th rounder or something who's in over his head or just flat out has no business being a starting NFL QB. Some of the quarterbacks these bottom feeders are trotting out are just flat out embarrassing.

KC is 4-0, and in the NFL wins are at a premium...unless you're playing the Jaguars. So I think it's safe to say they're at least a "good" team. Sure, you can say they beat up on scrubs, but last year they WERE a scrub, so the fact they've apparently ascended a tier is a good sign. The question is are they an AFC contender? In that respect mv is right, we just don't know yet, and KC hasn't earned benefit of the doubt status, unlike Denver who's also beaten up on scrubs.

All I know is if they want in the playoffs, they'll have to nab a wildcard, because they sure as shit aren't winning the division. Not unless Manning gets sent to the ER.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Joe in PB wrote:I based my take on the Philly game, what i saw at times was a QB who wasn't all that poised.
Tough to look good when you're running for your life for three quarters. As I addressed above, the O-line is a work in progress. Smith regularly gets whacked on three-step drops. That said, his running ability has kept Chiefs drives alive for four games - and unblemished in the "win" column. To a man, his offensive teammates speak of his poise in the huddle - and on the field. If the Chiefs fall short this year, it won't be because of quarterback play.
Joe in PB wrote:Playing from behind can be an issue for Smith because he can't make all the throws. Meaning he rarely passes 20 yards plus beyond the LOS. Its true other game managers have won it all, but those teams had dominating defense. The Chiefs defense has looked good, but I wouldn't say they were dominate, especially with the Broncos in division.
Smith has done, to this point, what he's been asked to do. Andy Reid's West Coast Offense is, by design, dink-and-dunk. The few throws downfield Smith has been asked to make, by in large, have been spot on. No, he doesn't have a big arm like Phillip Rivers. He doesn't have a Vincent Brown, Eddie Royal, or an Antonio Gates to throw to either. Dwayne Bowe is his only legitimate deep threat, and it's tough to make a living throwing into double coverage off a three step drop under duress. That's why Jamal Charles is gonna catch eight balls a game out of the backfield.

As for the D... We'll see. If the Peyton and his Mules have this thing already sewn up, then the rest of the West might as well just mail it in and save us the keystrokes. Let's see how well Mississippi-born Papa Omaha does in the frost - a bug-a-boo that has plagued him his entire career - before handin' over Lamar Hunt trophies...
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

KC Scott wrote:
poptart wrote: There you have it.
Scott has revised them to 10-6 or 11-5, which = a playoff (good) team.
Heres the Chiefs remaining opponents:

@ Tenn
vs Oak
vs Hou
vs Cle
@ Buf
@ Den
vs SD
vs Den
@ Wash
@ Oak
vs Ind
@ SD

Raiders (2), Cle, Buff & Wash appear NOW to be dregs that I would put in the win column

Thats 9 wins right there

Even if Denver sweeps KC, that would only require 1 win from SD (2) / Tenn / Hou / Ind to hit 10-6
Best case scenario. San Diego's pretty good, Washington is a roadie, and we haven't won in Buffalo in a hundred years. Cleveland is better this year too, but at least we get 'em at home. Last place schedule puts lip gloss on a pig - an improved pig - but one where the locals should content themselves with the idea of a 9-7 finish.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:by in large
A new entry for the T1B lexicon.

I believe that the correct expression is "by and large".

As opposed to "bi and large", which would reference your mom.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Or Spray when they ask him what size combo meal he wants at the drive-thru. I'll "buy a large."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Chiefs 5-0

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nice Dungver defense, shit Western Michigan thinks this defense sucks.

Good day to be a Chefs fan. Where's Puffy Coat boy when you need him?

EDIT--Whoops! Rack Dungver, I guess.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Nice Dungver defense, shit Western Michigan thinks this defense sucks.

EDIT--Whoops! Rack Dungver, I guess.
oh so that's what you call that.....defense......gdamn, romo rolling for over 500 yards of passing?
the broncos may want to rethink that man to man coverage and opt for a zone coverage scheme.....
get out, get out while there's still time
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:OK, I'm officially worried about Paul

If 5-0 doesn't bring him back here nothing will
He probably just can't decide which take he wants to plagiarize. It's information overload...or perhaps a diabetic coma.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:OK, I'm officially worried about Paul

If 5-0 doesn't bring him back here nothing will
He probably just can't decide which take he wants to plagiarize. It's information overload...or perhaps a diabetic coma.
You rang? 8)

Reports of my demise have been slightly exagerrated.

Anyway....6-0 is 6-0, folks. We get to smack Houston around next.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Chiefs 6-0

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:Ugly win today....Not sure why Reid isnt running more tosses amd draws against a good rush

the defense on the other hand continues to look outstanding.
Because he is Andy Reid. Is it any surprise that Andy Reid is winning with a team with a stellar defense? Anyone remember Jim Johnson?
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Loudest stadium in the world!!
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

6-0 brings them out of the wood pile. Sup Joe?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yes, the bandwagon is creaking and groaning into the weigh station.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:just imagine if we let Kaley back in
umm... No.

wouldn't mind seeing rnarn and/or Nixhex drop by though.
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

See some familiar fokls around here, like good o'l times. Not fighting fires anymore, selling fire apparatus now. What happened to the KC board, last I saw it had been hacked then now it's gone.

PS. Chiefs have a really good shot at 9-0 if we can get a little more offense. :paul:
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

joe wrote:Loudest stadium in the world!!
Seen on Twatter...

Jerry McDonald@Jerrymcd 13 Oct
Can't believe KC TV making big deal
out of ``decibel record'' . . . total
fraud. Said the record happened
when half stadium had emptied.

Yes, Arrowhead was loud. Yes it
played a part in Raiders O-line woes.
But decibel nonsense was orchestrated.

There you have it.

Jerry is normally on the money.

:wink:
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Tejans are rolling out Case Keenum to face the nastiest defense in the NFL?

See you tomorrow, Case...sleep well. :twisted:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

A lot of Texan fans are in town for the game. We went down to Jack Stack on the plaza, and then drove by Power and Ripoff on the way home, and those fuckers are EVERYWHERE!
Not sure how many will find their way into the game tomorrow, but the Chief fans that have a ridiculous 5 1/2 hours from the time gates open until the game starts to tailgate, may
be nice and liquored up by kick off.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The Texan's have fans that travel?

In other news, Bum Phillips died.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:The Texan's have fans that travel?

In other news, Bum Phillips died.
An old home town legend has passed away and a new one shall be born. The sign has been given. These people have made the pilgrimage to Narrowhead to witness the birth of the legend of 'Case Keenum.'

The Queefs are walking into a buzzsaw.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Much tougher game than I expected. I fucking hate JJ Watt!
mvscal
Blank

Re: Chiefs 7-0

Post by mvscal »

That was clearly a facetious take, you thick twat.

Your shit team squeaked out a win at home against gutted team starting a third string QB in his first NFL game. I'm sure there were more Gatorade showers and reach arounds in the parking lot after the game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:Chiefs gut out a tough win over a pretty good texan team
I'm not sure the Tejans are a pretty good team.

They started out the season looking pretty sharp but it's gone downhill -- and I'd say they are one of the worst teams in the AFC now.

Their defense has been awful and yet KC could only put up 17 on them... at home.

The NFL has turned into arena league lite, and unless KC can get it cranked up a little bit more on O, Grief fan will once again be sobbing into his beer in January.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I knew it was facetious... but almost profound and certainly close to the truth. Scary close.

The Houston's came ready to play, KC not so much.

RIP Bum.
Last edited by War Wagon on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote: Your shit team squeaked out a win at home against gutted team starting a third string QB in his first NFL game. I'm sure there were more Gatorade showers and reach arounds in the parking lot after the game.
7-0.

ONLY undefeated team in the NFL now.

Still trying to figure out how the Chiefs are somehow a "shit team".

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Oh well....I can't wait until we smack the FUCK out of Phyllis Rivers. TWICE.