how boutcha Tejas?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Re: how boutcha Tejas?

Post by At Large »

He brought all that stuff up. What are you NOT getting.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

War Wagon wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Hey SunCoast,
How's that conference working out for you? You know, the one you said would be just fine losing two of it's best teams and replacing them with nothing. Don't worry, when OU comes crying back to the Pac with its tail between its legs, we'll still give you a home.
You haven't even played a conference game yet and it's "we" already? Too funny.

Say, didn't you just get bitchslapped by Hawaii? That had to smart... but apparently not enough to keep you from running your dicksucker.

CU was one of the 12's best teams? :lol:
Laugh all you want. It doesn't change the truth. Yes, CU was one of the four best teams in the Big XII. Granted, they were the fourth-best, but guess what: Mizzou wasn't one of the three teams above them. Feel free to hang your hat on as many almosts and that closes as you want. It doesn't change the fact that you haven't won an outright conference championship since before man walked on the moon. How does it feel to know that even after CU was saddled with the worst coach in college football for five years, you're still looking up at them? You should just be grateful that Mizzou is even in the SEC expansion conversation. You could very well wind up on the outside looking in after everything shakes out.

I love how one shitty coach somehow erases more than a century of history. In spite of Hawkins, we're still 16th in total wins and 22nd in all-time winning percentage. Where's Mizzou again?
"Keys, woman!"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:You could very well wind up on the outside looking in after everything shakes out.
Sorry, but misery has a significant TV market with a pretty good fanbase. They will have options in the B1G or SEC.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

IndyFrisco wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:You could very well wind up on the outside looking in after everything shakes out.
Sorry, but misery has a significant TV market with a pretty good fanbase. They will have options in the B1G or SEC.
I know. Just trying to ruffle some feathers. Honestly, I'm the most surprised by the way Misery fan has jumped to Tejas' defense throughout the gradual implosion of the Big XII. I can kinda understand SunCoast's Tejas ball-sucking, since there's a rivalry there to preserve, but Misery fan coming to the defense of Tejas and the Big 12-2-1 is sorta baffling. You'd think they'd be happy to get out from under tu's thumb.
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I wasn't defending Texas or Oklahoma, not that they need it. I've been calling NU and now CU fan bitter backbiting bitches.

You left, you thought you were mistreated or that your new boyfriend had a bigger crank. So now while what's left of the conference tries to pick up the pieces, you do drivebyes, gleefully hoping that what's left implodes.

If it had been Mizzou left first, I would've hung my head in shame, or at the very least not gone rubbing salt in an open wound.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Laugh all you want. It doesn't change the truth. Yes, CU was one of the four best teams in the Big XII. Granted, they were the fourth-best, but guess what: Mizzou wasn't one of the three teams above them. Feel free to hang your hat on as many almosts and that closes as you want. It doesn't change the fact that you haven't won an outright conference championship since before man walked on the moon. How does it feel to know that even after CU was saddled with the worst coach in college football for five years, you're still looking up at them? You should just be grateful that Mizzou is even in the SEC expansion conversation. You could very well wind up on the outside looking in after everything shakes out.

I love how one shitty coach somehow erases more than a century of history. In spite of Hawkins, we're still 16th in total wins and 22nd in all-time winning percentage. Where's Mizzou again?
Mikey says whatttttttt? Colorado was one of the best four programs in the Big 12? Were you in a coma during the 12 team Big 12 era or have you smoked so much agent orange riddled Boulder cannibus that you've fried what few brain cells you had to begin with?

Colorado was 9th in total wins and winning percentage during the 12 team era of the conference . . . 9th!!! Colorado should be thanking God in heaven that Iowa State and Baylor were around so they weren't the dregs of the conference with Kansas! Colorado, Kansas, Iowa State, and Baylor were the only programs not able to amass 100 wins during the 15 season run the conference had!!! Lets put things in perspective for you here Mikey . . . as lowly as some of the seasons Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Missouri had during that stretch they all were able to accumulate over 100 wins during the era! Hell Kansas State has 27 more wins during the era than Colorado! Texas Tech had 26 more!!!

There isn't a college football fan in their right mind who would even attempt to make an argument that Colorado was even in the upper half of the conference outside of Boulder, much less the 4th best program period.

Jesus, I've heard some asinine shit before but this has to rank right up there with Jon and 85 first round draft picks for the Hawkeyes and Mtool gearing up for Kal's 3rd straight national title.

Holy shit, Colorado . . . the fourth best program in the Big 12. . . HOLYYYYYY SHITTTTTTT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

War Wagon wrote:I wasn't defending Texas or Oklahoma, not that they need it. I've been calling NU and now CU fan bitter backbiting bitches.

You left, you thought you were mistreated or that your new boyfriend had a bigger crank. So now while what's left of the conference tries to pick up the pieces, you do drivebyes, gleefully hoping that what's left implodes.

If it had been Mizzou left first, I would've hung my head in shame, or at the very least not gone rubbing salt in an open wound.

I wonder how Mikey feels about everyone pilling on for free to the same conference he had to unload millions of dollars to join? :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

SunCoast,
I based my statement on CU's performance in the CCG. Colorado had four appearances in the Big 12 CCG, more than anyone else besides OU, NU and tu. They only won one, but that's more than Mizzou, Baylor, Iowa St., Kansas, Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech won combined. K-State played in three and aTm played in two. They also each won one. Personally, I judge success by championships, and in that regard, CU is tied for fourth and has more CCG appearances than the two teams they're tied with.

So tell me, as an OU fan, is it not better to have played in a championship game and lost than to have never played in the game at all? I don't really care about overall wins or winning percentage. I'd rather be great for a few years and suck for a few years than be consistently mediocre. But hey, that's just me...
"Keys, woman!"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Cornhusker wrote:Sorry, NU already has a trophy game with Iowa, the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The Battle for the Government Subsidy Cup?

I'm guessing a game against Okies would be preferredto Iowa.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote: If it had been Mizzou left first, I would've hung my head in shame
Why? You never went to class in Columbia.

And as the conference kept gravitating towards south of the red river, the end of the Big 12 crept closer. as the breaks kept going Texas' way, and seeing the equity in other conferences, motherfuckers were going to go to a better conference.

nothing about running away from better competition. all about getting out of a bad relationship. no shame in washing your hands of some ol' bullshit.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

^^^^^
gets it
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:SunCoast,
I based my statement on CU's performance in the CCG. Colorado had four appearances in the Big 12 CCG, more than anyone else besides OU, NU and tu. They only won one, but that's more than Mizzou, Baylor, Iowa St., Kansas, Oklahoma St. and Texas Tech won combined. K-State played in three and aTm played in two. They also each won one. Personally, I judge success by championships, and in that regard, CU is tied for fourth and has more CCG appearances than the two teams they're tied with.

So tell me, as an OU fan, is it not better to have played in a championship game and lost than to have never played in the game at all? I don't really care about overall wins or winning percentage. I'd rather be great for a few years and suck for a few years than be consistently mediocre. But hey, that's just me...
Colorado made it to Conference title games after the decline of Kansas State and Nebraska. Colorado didn't go to the CCG because they were by any means good, they went because the North was just that fucking bad/weak in vast majority of those seasons!!!

The only season Colorado saw the CCG on its own merit was in 2001.

In 2002 Colorado avoided playing three of the top 4 finishers in the south division and the one it did play was Oklahoma who it lost two twice, convincingly, on its way to a five loss season!

In 2004 Colorado won a tie breaker (after a 4-4 conference campaign) where Colorado went 0-4 (including the CCG but 0-3 in the season) against the south and was 8-5 overall. Colorado would have tied for FIFTH place in the south going 4-4 in the conference.

In 2005 Colorado barely finished above .500 (7-6), Got creamed by Texas by more than 3 TDs not once but twice. If not for Nebraska (who beat Colorado by 27 points) having to play three of the top four teams in the south and on the road against Mizzou, Colorado doesn't even sniff the title game.

These weren't BCS debates about who was deserving to go to the National Title game but conference title games, where for the most part Colorado was utterly ran off the field, they slipped into by default or because of gracious scheduling advantages.

Colorado was nowhere close to the fourth best program in the Big 12 during their tenure in the conference. Colorado couldn't even be considered the fourth best program just compared to the South Division during their time in the conference!!! Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Texas A&M all had more successful programs than the Buffs did, and it's not even really comparable.

Colorado benefited from being in a very, very, very weak division almost every season they made an appearance. Even in 2001 Colorado finishes 3rd in the south with its conference record; in every other season they made it to the CCG they finish no better than tied for 4th in the south just based on their record alone and that was while getting to play six games against the much weaker division.

Colorado was 9th in total wins and 9th in winning percentage during their Big 12 era but they were the fourth best program . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Look man, we could go back and forth like this forever: me typing a couple brief paragraphs in CU's defense and you going on another long-winded, smiley-mashing, multi-font-sized rant, but it's starting to get tiresome. The main basis of the argument is what, if anything, did the Big 12 lose when Colorado left, no? I think we'd both agree that a school's value to a conference is based on more than wins and losses, right? CU is a fairly highly regarded learning institution with a long history of success in football. They were also located in the largest media market of any of the Big 12 schools. Yes, when CU left, their football program was at an all-time low and was no better than the 9th-best team in the conference. But in the big picture, CU has -- and always will have -- more intrinsic value to a conference based on their history, tradition and location than Mizzou, Taco Tech, Iowa St., Baylor, Kansas, K-State or Okie Light ever will. Why do you think the Pac coveted them for 20 years?

Tell you what, I'll even concede that CU was probably the fifth most valuable school in the conference. I think you could make a reasonable argument that aTm brings more to the table, but guess what? They're leaving you too, and for pretty much the same reasons. But if you continue to insist that somehow K-State and Taco Tech are worth more to the conference simply based on recent football success, I'll have to assume you're either trolling or just plain ignorant. Either way, it's not really worth my time to respond further...
"Keys, woman!"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:They were also located in the largest media market of any of the Big 12 schools.
I'm not trying to pile on or anything, but Colorado media market is dwarfed by Texas. Tell me you knew.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

IndyFrisco wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:They were also located in the largest media market of any of the Big 12 schools.
I'm not trying to pile on or anything, but Colorado media market is dwarfed by Texas. Tell me you knew.
I think it takes more than two for a pile-on, and media markets are metropolitan areas, not entire states. Tell me you knew.

Yeah, yeah, Texas draws viewers in Houston and Dallas. We've been down that road, and I've already conceded that they're more valuable to the conference. But in terms of markets where the schools are actually located, Denver/Boulder is a bigger media market than Austin, Lubbock, Waco or College Station. None of those cities are included in the Dallas or Houston media markets, as Boulder is with Denver. You can always resort to the old "Denver is a pro sports town/nobody cares about CU there" argument, but when the main ABC game in Denver is a Pac 12 game instead of a Big 12 game, it still affects the Big 12's bottom line.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
I think it takes more than two for a pile-on, and media markets are metropolitan areas, not entire states. Tell me you knew.

Yeah, yeah, Texas draws viewers in Houston and Dallas. We've been down that road, and I've already conceded that they're more valuable to the conference. But in terms of markets where the schools are actually located, Denver/Boulder is a bigger media market than Austin, Lubbock, Waco or College Station. None of those cities are included in the Dallas or Houston media markets, as Boulder is with Denver. You can always resort to the old "Denver is a pro sports town/nobody cares about CU there" argument, but when the main ABC game in Denver is a Pac 12 game instead of a Big 12 game, it still affects the Big 12's bottom line.
You have never been to Austin or San Antonio before have you? They are listed as separate media markets but the Austin/San Antonio Metro area is one contiguous Metropolitan area with San Marcos separating them. Austin/San Antonio dwarfs Denver as well.

Besides I have spent enough time in Denver to know that the city doesn't give two shits and half a fuck about University of Colorado athletics. Oklahoma and Nebraska both have as much media exposure in Denver as their own flagship University.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:You can always resort to the old "Denver is a pro sports town/nobody cares about CU there" argument
SunCoastSooner wrote:Besides I have spent enough time in Denver to know that the city doesn't give two shits and half a fuck about University of Colorado athletics.
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mike, here's the thing though. you guys may be in the Pac now and out of the XII shit-storm....but, most of the people i know here are pretty much white-knuckling it that CU doesn't *in essence* replace ATM in a new-style Big XII South with OU, UT, Tech and OSU....minus Baylor.

Prez Benson commented about it yesterday in the D Post. and he doesn't say much in the media.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

King Crimson wrote:Mike, here's the thing though. you guys may be in the Pac now and out of the XII shit-storm....but, most of the people i know here are pretty much white-knuckling it that CU doesn't *in essence* replace ATM in a new-style Big XII South with OU, UT, Tech and OSU....minus Baylor.

Prez Benson commented about it yesterday in the D Post. and he doesn't say much in the media.
Most predictions I've seen would put CU in a Pac 16 East/Mountain division with OU, OSU, UT, TT, UU, ASU and UA. I've got no problem with that, and I'm not sure why other CU fans would. From a personal standpoint, I'm happy as long as they play a game in AZ every year. It'd be kind of a bummer if they didn't play in LA every year, both from a personal standpoint (only a 6-hour roadie) and a recruiting standpoint, but CU has historically recruited well in both LA and Texas, so I think it'd ultimately be a wash.

Overall, I'd be stoked if the Pac became the first of the oft predicted "superconferences," especially since CU technically set this whole thing in motion when they beat Nebraska to the punch by one day. Sure, I've got my reservations about being in a conference with Texas again, but I have confidence that Larry Scott will keep them in line. Assuming OU is set on going to the Pac and bringing OSU and TT along for the ride, Tejas' choices at this point are to either play fair or go indie. Faced with that decision, I think they'll fall in line. If not, I'm sure we all can find another school that'd be more than happy to play by the rules.

Honestly, one of my only regrets when CU left the Big 12 was that I never got to go see a game in Austin. By all accounts, it's a pretty great town. I've never been to game in Norman either, and I'd like to do that at some point. I have no problem whatsoever with OU or the majority of their fans, I just find SCS's insistence that losing CU was no big deal to be completely laughable, as most rational, knowledgable CFB fans would agree, especially considering the current state of the Big 12.
"Keys, woman!"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Amazing how Texas is the bad guy for everything. :meds:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Harvdog wrote:Amazing how Texas is the bad guy for everything. :meds:
Nobody blames Texas for trying to hoard as much wealth as they can (well, maybe Huskerfan does) but you can't really blame us for choosing to not play along...
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: CU has -- and always will have -- more intrinsic value to a conference based on their history, tradition and location than Mizzou.
You are an intrinsic fool.

And from another breathtakingly ignorant comment that I'm not going to bother quoting... The StL-KC media market dwarfs that of Denver-Boulder as well. And the Tigers are the only major college team in a state that's half again more populous than Colorado.... while you're lucky if CU is more popular than CSU.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

but KC has a lot of Jayhawk fans, as well.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

War Wagon wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: CU has -- and always will have -- more intrinsic value to a conference based on their history, tradition and location than Mizzou.
You are an intrinsic fool.

And from another breathtakingly ignorant comment that I'm not going to bother quoting... The StL-KC media market dwarfs that of Denver-Boulder as well. And the Tigers are the only major college team in a state that's half again more populous than Colorado.... while you're lucky if CU is more popular than CSU.
Wow. You really don't know shit about media markets (or much of anything else for that matter) do you?
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:but KC has a lot of Jayhawk fans, as well.
it's preferred to keep that in the closet, so to speak.

tolerate them we must, but not gladly.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Wow. You really don't know shit about media markets (or much of anything else for that matter) do you?
Wow?

I know that 1.5 > 1.

Any other integers you'd like to discuss?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It is if I say it is.

kindly fuck off.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

War Wagon wrote:It is if I say it is.

kindly fuck off.
I'd ask you to explain how two cities on opposite sides of a state could possibly comprise a single media market, but I'm guessing this'd be your response to that question as well, so I'll just let your dipshittery stand on its own.
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I'd ask you to explain how two cities on opposite sides of a state could possibly comprise a single media market...
Fox sports midwest thinks it is and since they're paying the bills I guess it must be.

Are you always this obtuse?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I'd ask you to explain how two cities on opposite sides of a state could possibly comprise a single media market...
Fox sports midwest thinks it is and since they're paying the bills I guess it must be.

Are you always this obtuse?
Just because they cover sports in more than one media market, doesn’t mean Fox Sports Midwest believes their target audience comprises a single media market. If that were the case, NBC must believe that the US is a single media market.

Are you always this stupid?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim