Um John?

Post by OUMO »

Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: Um John?

Post by TheJON »

He's a heck of a talent. Great athlete.

You aren't just getting Brandon. You are getting Brandon, his 13 kids, and all of his personal problems (whatever the fuck they are).

If he doesn't quit before ever seeing the field, he will be a fine RB for OU. He wanted to transfer to Nebraska but couldn't since the Huskers are now in the Big-10 (would have had to pay his own way).

I give him a 50/50 shot of ever playing a down for OU.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:He's a heck of a talent. Great athlete.

You aren't just getting Brandon. You are getting Brandon, his 13 kids, and all of his personal problems (whatever the fuck they are).

If he doesn't quit before ever seeing the field, he will be a fine RB for OU. He wanted to transfer to Nebraska but couldn't since the Huskers are now in the Big-10 (would have had to pay his own way).

if he gets on board and talks about Jesus a lot in the media he'll be fine.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

No way he unseats Roy Finch. Not even sure if he can climb over Clay. That's before we even mention Calhoun and Miller. If there is any position on the field that is the last place we need more of a log jam at it's running back; we've signed five top 10 RBs the last three recruiting classes. Basically we are bringing in a guy with a shit ton of problems that without some help from the injury bug will likely never be anything more than a third string mop up duty back. I don't really like the idea of this too much to be honest.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SunCoastSooner wrote:No way he unseats Roy Finch. Not even sure if he can climb over Clay. If there is any position on the field that is the last place we need more of a log jam at it's running back; we've signed five top 10 RBs the last three recruiting classes. Basically we are bringing in a guy with a shit ton of problems that without some help from the injury bug will likely never be anything more than a third string mop up duty back. I don't really like the idea of this too much to be honest.
true. i was hoping the guy was bigger, at least Chris Brown size. We could have used a bigger back at times this year in the RZ (like Chris Brown)....or lineup Millard there. i digress. OU has got a bunch of highly rated but very small backs. great depth, no size. Calhoun is in that mix as well to back up Finch. Jermie is a bit allergic to trying hard in practice, from what i hear.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

we've signed five top 10 RBs the last three recruiting classes.
Wegher was a 4-star recruit that rushed for over 100 yards in a BCS Bowl and had a very good true freshman year behind a mediocre/always injured offensive line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ExXsrNl5E

I'm not sure what Finch or Clay have proven more than Wegher has at the college level. He's definitely got the talent to play anywhere. That's why Oklahoma and Nebraska were recruiting him after he left Iowa, and that's why many big name schools were recruiting him coming out of HS.

That said, I bet he leaves the team before he ever sees the field.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Finch and Clay were both 5 star players by at least one of Rivals/Scout....if he can stay healthy Finch is going to be special.
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:Finch and Clay were both 5 star players by at least one of Rivals/Scout....if he can stay healthy Finch is going to be special.
Yeah, but what have they done in college so far? Mostly garbage time yards, right? 5-star, schmive star. Half the 5-stars end up being busts anyways. Wegher was a co-starter (most talented RB by far on the team) of a team that won a BCS bowl and he was the offensive game MVP. He played well in big games - Orange Bowl and at Penn State.

If Finch and/or Clay have a big year in 2011, I would expect Stoops to move Wegher to a slot receiver position. He is explosive and can catch the ball. There was talk of moving him to WR this year because we were so deep at RB. In fact, it was quite likely before he knocked up 8 chicks on campus and quit the team. He would fit in perfectly in that offense in a slot position.

But you better hope his baby mama drama stays back in Sioux City, Iowa or he won't ever play for you.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Finch and Clay were both 5 star players by at least one of Rivals/Scout....if he can stay healthy Finch is going to be special.
Yeah, but what have they done in college so far? Mostly garbage time yards, right? 5-star, schmive star. Half the 5-stars end up being busts anyways. Wegher was a co-starter (most talented RB by far on the team) of a team that won a BCS bowl and he was the offensive game MVP. He played well in big games - Orange Bowl and at Penn State.

If Finch and/or Clay have a big year in 2011, I would expect Stoops to move Wegher to a slot receiver position. He is explosive and can catch the ball. There was talk of moving him to WR this year because we were so deep at RB. In fact, it was quite likely before he knocked up 8 chicks on campus and quit the team. He would fit in perfectly in that offense in a slot position.

But you better hope his baby mama drama stays back in Sioux City, Iowa or he won't ever play for you.
Finch was the all time leading rusher at one of the most successful and storied high schools in Florida high school football (Niceville), played multiple different positions (TB, Slot, WR, OLB, and SS) and both ways every season of his career there. He was our best rushing runningback for half the season. His entrance on to the team after being injured the first half of the season was so profound that we didn't even bother with a redshirt after he was cleared to play and it caused our offensive coaches to design a whole new offensive set (the diamond) so that we could utilize both him and Murray out of the back field in shotgun situations. He was better at carrying the ball than a senior who had set the all time rushing TD mark at Oklahoma as far as actual rushing production... Call it a hunch but we think he is pretty damn fucking good. Very possible he is the best runningback to put on the Crimson and Cream since Adrian Peterson was on campus. Forgive those of us who are familiar in the situation if we don't think the four star from Iowa is on his level.

Ask Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State fan their opinion of Mr. Finch. I believe it was Wagon who said earlier in the season that once he got in the game he was praying we didn't get him the ball much more (which like idiots we didn't) because the outcome might have been different if we had utilized him more.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Forgive those of us who are familiar in the situation if we don't think the four star from Iowa is on his level.
I'm just saying Brandon has proven more at this level than those guys and can definitely play and START for OU. He would make for a great slot receiver or 3rd down back in that system. He's very explosive and has a great vertical leap. My guess is this is exactly what Stoops will do with him. It was probably the role he was going to play for Iowa this past year.

Watch some gamefilm of him. You will be impressed. He's an athletic back with good field vision. He would have put up much better yards last year if our offensive line wasn't so banged up every week. There just weren't a lot of holes to run through, but he still did a great job for a true freshman playing behind a mediocre offensive line in a predictable play calling system.

I have no doubts he will get immediate PT for Oklahoma if he doesn't quit before getting the opportunity.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
Forgive those of us who are familiar in the situation if we don't think the four star from Iowa is on his level.
I have no doubts he will get immediate PT for Oklahoma if he doesn't quit before getting the opportunity.
More Jonsense. Finch had 398 yards in five games as a back up, getting less than ten carries a game on average, and against the four top teams in the conference not named Oklahoma during that stretch (Missouri, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Nebraska). If the kid was healthy the entire season he would have likely surpassed the 968 yards Wehger had as a starter for Iowa in a back up role for Oklahoma. Keep kicking your own ass please. Oklahoma's coaches have been ranting and raving about how talented Finch was since almost day 1 on campus. I'll be shocked if he is the back up to Finch with our depth at RB in Norman; I'll say it now there is no fucking way he moves up over Roy Finch on the depth chart though, no fucking way.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

What the fuck is your point? I did not diss Finch. I did not say Wegher would beat him out. Learn to read. Geez man, you get so god damn defensive.......

Did you read what I said? I said Stoops will probably switch Wegher to a slot receiver position. Hence the "immediate PT".

Wegher can play at this level. Don't kid yourself. He has the athletic ability and has proven capable of playing BTPCF. And until Finch actually proves everything you have said about him on the field, he's all hype. Nothing more. 397 yards not as a feature back isn't proof of anything more than hype. That doesn't mean he won't be great, but if I had a nickel for every running back like him that was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders.........

Get back to me when he rushes for 120 yards in a BCS Bowl.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:What the fuck is your point? I did not diss Finch. I did not say Wegher would beat him out. Learn to read. Geez man, you get so god damn defensive.......

Did you read what I said? I said Stoops will probably switch Wegher to a slot receiver position. Hence the "immediate PT".

Wegher can play at this level. Don't kid yourself. He has the athletic ability and has proven capable of playing BTPCF. And until Finch actually proves everything you have said about him on the field, he's all hype. Nothing more. 397 yards not as a feature back isn't proof of anything more than hype. That doesn't mean he won't be great, but if I had a nickel for every running back like him that was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders.........

Get back to me when he rushes for 120 yards in a BCS Bowl.

He moves to slot and the chances he he sees the field next year are even less than at Runningback. We already have this kid playing slot, I think his name is like Ryan Broyles or something... I heard a rumor that he led the entire country in receptions last season but I find that hard to believe because he didn't ever play at Iowa and stuff. Behind him some kid named Trey Franks plays and might be the third leading receptions player returning for OU next season... that's before Joe Powell and incoming freshman Metoyer are even mentioned.

All the speculation in Oklahoma is that he is probably going to get a look moving to a position as a defensive back somewhere as a back up in one of the 5 DB sets we run.

I'm not getting defensive, you just keep shoving this kid down our throat like it is some sort of gift from Iowa to little ole Oklahoma... I don't know if it has been mentioned around here or not but we look like we're pretty talented next season.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:There just weren't a lot of holes to run through
Here's one. Image
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Jon rolled out the "4 star" label for the former Hawkeye, and then dismissed the 5 star ranking of Clay and Finch. that's where the Jonsense kicked in....or the KYOA began. you establish a criterion of "prestige" for player X (whether you believe the "services" or not isn't the issue) and then scoff when that same criterion is ramped up....not very bright argumentation.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:Jon rolled out the "4 star" label for the former Hawkeye, and then dismissed the 5 star ranking of Clay and Finch. that's where the Jonsense kicked in....or the KYOA began. you establish a criterion of "prestige" for player X (whether you believe the "services" or not isn't the issue) and then scoff when that same criterion is ramped up....not very bright argumentation.
He also tosses out that Wehger had 968 yards over an entire season as a starter or most of it as a starter and then dismisses Finch's 398 yards over five games as a back up getting fewer carries than Wehger... I'm still waiting for Jonsense to realize that Finch averaged 5.5 more yards a game as a back up than Wehger did as the starter with more carries a game. :lol:
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:Jon rolled out the "4 star" label for the former Hawkeye, and then dismissed the 5 star ranking of Clay and Finch. that's where the Jonsense kicked in....or the KYOA began. you establish a criterion of "prestige" for player X (whether you believe the "services" or not isn't the issue) and then scoff when that same criterion is ramped up....not very bright argumentation.
Reading comprehension classes need to be taught at OU immediately.

I didn't dismiss anyone. Finch/Clay might turn out to be all-pro for all I know. I'm just saying that so far Wegher has proven more at this level than those guys. I only brought up the 4-star bit because you guys seemed fixated on the number of stars associated to a player.

Reading: Learn how to do it.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
He also tosses out that Wehger had 968 yards over an entire season as a starter or most of it as a starter and then dismisses Finch's 398 yards over five games as a back up getting fewer carries than Wehger... I'm still waiting for Jonsense to realize that Finch averaged 5.5 more yards a game as a back up than Wehger did as the starter with more carries a game. :lol:
Wegher was a starter????? Does he know this?????
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

He moves to slot and the chances he he sees the field next year are even less than at Runningback.
Wait..........Wegher is eligible to play next year? Doesn't he have to sit out a year?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:

I didn't dismiss anyone. Finch/Clay might turn out to be all-pro for all I know. I'm just saying that so far Wegher has proven more at this level than those guys. I only brought up the 4-star bit because you guys seemed fixated on the number of stars associated to a player.

wrong. you brought up 4 star before any mention of stars was even in the thread. it was your currency, dog. THEN, you switched to the "experienced, proved it on the field" angle.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:Wegher was a starter????? Does he know this?????
TheJON wrote:
And you were insulting our reading comprehension?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheJON wrote:

He hasn't proven shit more. Finch averaged more yards a game and more yards a carry than Wehger as a total back up and did so playing in a stretch of games against the four toughest teams in the conference other than the one he played on!!!

Jesus you just can't help shoving your size nine's up your own ass can you?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SunCoastSooner,

http://www.daybreakservices.com/

Geez, mang...........chill the fuck out. Get your panties in a bunch over a whole lotta nothing much??? Why are you always so damn angry?

Wegher was a "co-starter" by title. Robinson was technically the starter. They pretty much alternated possessions, but A-Rob got the first possession of each half- for some odd reason.

You are getting offended over nothing. Chill out, bro. I am not saying Finch doesn't have potential to be a star or that Wegher is better than him. I just said he is not some bum off the streets. He did have many big-time programs coming after him out of high school and he proved quite capable as a true freshman.

You can't compare what Finch put up vs what Wegher put up in their 1st year. Finch played behind a cohesive offensive line unit. Wegher played behind an offensive line that was different every week because of injury. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. We did not start the same 5 guys on the line in consecutive games all season.

I think it's funny how some of you can get so offended by me saying absolutely nothing. I said Wegher can hold his own and will get PT at Oklahoma at RB or WR (he will) and that he's a proven commodity. This is offensive? Bro, click on the link above. If that gets you angry, I fear for your wife/girlfriend. Why do i have a feeling you've had more than 1 female call the police on you for beating them?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:SunCoastSooner,

http://www.daybreakservices.com/

Geez, mang...........chill the fuck out. Get your panties in a bunch over a whole lotta nothing much??? Why are you always so damn angry?

Wegher was a "co-starter" by title. Robinson was technically the starter. They pretty much alternated possessions, but A-Rob got the first possession of each half- for some odd reason.

You are getting offended over nothing. Chill out, bro. I am not saying Finch doesn't have potential to be a star or that Wegher is better than him. I just said he is not some bum off the streets. He did have many big-time programs coming after him out of high school and he proved quite capable as a true freshman.

You can't compare what Finch put up vs what Wegher put up in their 1st year. Finch played behind a cohesive offensive line unit. Wegher played behind an offensive line that was different every week because of injury. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. We did not start the same 5 guys on the line in consecutive games all season.

I think it's funny how some of you can get so offended by me saying absolutely nothing. I said Wegher can hold his own and will get PT at Oklahoma at RB or WR (he will) and that he's a proven commodity. This is offensive? Bro, click on the link above. If that gets you angry, I fear for your wife/girlfriend. Why do i have a feeling you've had more than 1 female call the police on you for beating them?
You need help jonsense. Wehger is likely to be a Dback at OU. It was you who was offended the moment the Sooners on the board didn't anoint Iowa boy the next starter. Initially all we said is we are pretty logged at RB and doubted he could see the field.

Has your wife caught you giving yourself your own happy ending to the Iowa football roster yet?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

You need help jonsense. Wehger is likely to be a Dback at OU.
That's certainly a possibility. There was discussion last year about making a switch to either WR or safety. I believe he played safety in HS.
Has your wife caught you giving yourself your own happy ending to the Iowa football roster yet?
I'm not even a Brandon Wegher fan. I hope he tears his ACL. I think he's a little bitch that needs to grow the fuck up. You're pissing me off because I have to defend the guy. I would rather defend Charles Manson than Brandon Wegher.

Just wait until he has a big year for you and then knocks up TWO skanks on campus and quits the team. Enjoy the baby mama drama.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

http://www.fanfeedr.com/ncaa-football/2 ... rrays-heir
Finch gets vote of confidence as Murray's heir
1/19/2011 10:17:43 AM

I'm trying to caution Oklahoma fans that the Sooners are going to miss DeMarco Murray more than they'd like to admit. This won't help:

Rivals college football writer Olin Buchanan has named Roy Finch "next season's breakout offensive player" in the Big 12 Conference.

"The diminutive true freshman demonstrated some flashy moves and rushed for 398 yards in a backup role to DeMarco Murray," Buchanan wrote. "Murray has moved on, so the loaded Sooners need someone to step in and replace his production at running back. Finch should be the guy."

Prediction: Finch will be the lead guy. But he'll get plenty of help.

Trey Millard didn't do much in Josh Heupel's first game as OU play-caller at the Fiesta Bowl. Bet that changes come September.

Brennan Clay, overshadowed by his good friend/classmate Finch last season, will play a more prominent role.

Jonathan Miller, coming off a redshirt year and a knee injury, will get a shot.

And don't sleep on Brandon Williams. The prep All-American from Brookshire, Texas, is already attending classes. That puts him in spring ball in just over a month, which gives him a huge head start on his freshman season.

Remember the impression early enrollee Kenny Stills made last spring when the Sooners were looking to add wide receiver depth? Williams could repeat that feat in the OU backfield.
I wonder if Rivals and the Oklahoma media are aware that we are getting a gift from God in a football player from that vaunted state of Iowa. I bet that would change all their minds. Who needs five stars from Texas, Florida, and California when you can get a four star from Sioux Falls in the backfield. :meds:
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

SunCoastSooner wrote: I wonder if Rivals and the Oklahoma media are aware that we are getting a gift from God in a football player from that vaunted state of Iowa. I bet that would change all their minds. Who needs five stars from Texas, Florida, and California when you can get a four star from Sioux Falls in the backfield. :meds:
TheJON's intial post said:
Were you too fucking stupid to actually read his post? Thought so. :roll:

I'm not in the habit of defending JON but it's obvious that he wasn't dissin' Finch or anyone else at OU, and was simply saying that Wegher is a good athlete, which he is, and he also has one year of experience as a part-time starter for Iowa. No where, despite your efforts to spin his words, did he say that Wegher was better than anyone already at OU. I don't give a shit if Wegher ever plays a down for OU and have no idea whether Bobby Stoops will move him to slot receiver or DB when he becomes eligible to play.....and neither do you. He'll have to learn a new system at the very least, and probably a new position.....and he may have to sit out a year (not sure about that) All that I DO know is that the university needs to pass out birth control pills to all of the pretty coeds at registration.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mace wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: I wonder if Rivals and the Oklahoma media are aware that we are getting a gift from God in a football player from that vaunted state of Iowa. I bet that would change all their minds. Who needs five stars from Texas, Florida, and California when you can get a four star from Sioux Falls in the backfield. :meds:
TheJON's intial post said:
Were you too fucking stupid to actually read his post? Thought so. :roll:

I'm not in the habit of defending JON but it's obvious that he wasn't dissin' Finch or anyone else at OU, and was simply saying that Wegher is a good athlete, which he is, and he also has one year of experience as a part-time starter for Iowa. No where, despite your efforts to spin his words, did he say that Wegher was better than anyone already at OU. I don't give a shit if Wegher ever plays a down for OU and have no idea whether Bobby Stoops will move him to slot receiver or DB when he becomes eligible to play.....and neither do you. He'll have to learn a new system at the very least, and probably a new position.....and he may have to sit out a year (not sure about that) All that I DO know is that the university needs to pass out birth control pills to all of the pretty coeds at registration.

His 50/50 is due to him not remaining on the team because of the personal drama. His claim is that he is the most proven and most talented RB who will be on our team; neither of which is remotely true. Jon keeps ignoring that Finch averaged more yards a game and more yards a carry and the four kids behind him have all either already proven their worth in previous season and coming back off of injuries or are five star top 5 at RB studs coming out of high school with some experience. The two positions that Jon keeps trying to hype him at are two of the three most loaded positions on the field Sooners next season... the third being LB; short of it being some crazy off the wall all american transfer I don't think there many players anywhere who could transfer into those three positions and expect to see playing time next season. If he wants to move to a DB role, especially safety, I think there is a fair chance he could crack the two deep and get some meaningful action, if he were Dlinemen or Olineman it could be reasonably expected for him to get in on the rotation... at RB, slot/WR, QB, or LB the chances are at best slim to none.

I don't understand why that makes Iowa fan so butt hurt. Jon really seems to believe that Iowa high school football is anywhere close to being on par with Texas, Florida, and California which is where our RBs all hail from right now.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

SunCoastSooner wrote:His 50/50 is due to him not remaining on the team because of the personal drama.
That might be what he was referring to, but only JON can answer that one.
His claim is that he is the most proven and most talented RB who will be on our team; neither of which is remotely true.
Most proven? Yes, and, in terms of experience, that's a fucking fact. Most talented? Gee, I must have missed where JON claimed that Wegher was more talented than anyone on the OU roster at the RB position. If he said it, I missed it.
Jon keeps ignoring that Finch averaged more yards a game and more yards a carry and the four kids behind him have all either already proven their worth in previous season and coming back off of injuries......blah, blah, blah.
I don't think he's ignoring anyone's stats....it's more like he had no idea who was returning for OU when he made the comments and responded in the way he did after you were so certain that no one from Iowa could help the Sooners at the positions he mentioned, although he did eventually mention the DB position. Something that you've ignored is the question as to whether he is even eligible to play next season, or if he'll have to sit out for a year.
I don't understand why that makes Iowa fan so butt hurt. Jon really seems to believe that Iowa high school football is anywhere close to being on par with Texas, Florida, and California which is where our RBs all hail from right now.
Search this thread thoroughly and find one sentence where JON said Iowa HS football was close to being on par with those states. Again, if he said it, I didn't see it. That's just you putting words in his mouth, which is your M.O., and very weak...which is also your M.O. And I also don't know how you can legitimately judge Wegher's talents sight unseen. He left Iowa, and I'm no fan of his because of it, but I'll be interested to see how he does as a Sooner. If he can help Stoops, then more power to him.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Let's see here..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Orange_Bowl

2010 Orange Bowl stats

Brandon Wegher 16 carries for 113 yards and a touchdown

Finch has not played in a BCS bowl (I assume he was injured?)

Wegher also had more rushing yards than Finch in his freshman year. Yes, I realize he played more games, but your assertion is that Wegher has NOT proven more than Finch SO FAR at this level. Umm........Wegher has rushed for OVER 100 yards in a BCS BOWL and has more career yards. Would you like to clarify exactly how your statement is correct and mine is false?

Again, as Mace said..........I have not made any claims that Brandon Wegher will beat Finch out or that he has higher upside. I simply said that Wegher is a damn good athlete that has proven capable of playing at this level and he WILL see the field in one capacity or another.

Seriously, SCS..........you need anger management. I don't mean that to be a dick, I think it's quite obvious you have some anger issues that need addressed. If you're getting this irritated over some message board posts that aren't in any way offensive, I can only imagine what happens when your significant other starts bitching at you for the stupid little things every woman bitches at their man about. Overreact much???
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jon really seems to believe that Iowa high school football is anywhere close to being on par with Texas, Florida, and California which is where our RBs all hail from right now.
Wow, are you really going down THIS route? Completely fucking make shit up??? Seriously man???

Iowa high school football is HORRIBLE compared to most states. I used to cover it for a local radio station and it was absolutely BRUTAL to watch. I will give you 11 billion dollars if you can point me to ONE FUCKING POST where I ever said anything remotely close to this fucking bullshit comment you made. How many fucking times on this board do I praise Iowa's player development? About 800 times a fucking year, you stupid fuck. I praise our player development, idiot, because of how difficult it is to recruit at Iowa BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE MUCH IN-STATE TALENT.

Not a god damn argument you EVER make on these boards is based off of a single fucking thing ANYONE ever actually said. Iowa has 1-2 real good prospects every year. Guess what, retard? Wegher happened to be one of those recruits a couple years ago.

I will say this one final thing about Wegher..........I thought more highly of him as a football player in his true freshman year than I did Shonn Greene. I know, I know........Greene went to Iowa so he really wasn't any good since Iowa never has any talented player (sup Bob Sanders/Dallas Clark/etc?), but he did kinda sorta win himself a Doak Walker Award and gets about 15 carries a game for a team that's about to play for a shot to go to the Super Bowl. I know, I know, SCS.......Shonn Greene isn't on Finch's level cuz he wasn't a 5 star and he's not from California. I mean, he hasn't rushed for a whole fucking 397 yards, but he's not too shabby. :meds:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
Jon really seems to believe that Iowa high school football is anywhere close to being on par with Texas, Florida, and California which is where our RBs all hail from right now.
Wow, are you really going down THIS route? Completely fucking make shit up??? Seriously man???

Iowa high school football is HORRIBLE compared to most states. I used to cover it for a local radio station and it was absolutely BRUTAL to watch. I will give you 11 billion dollars if you can point me to ONE FUCKING POST where I ever said anything remotely close to this fucking bullshit comment you made. How many fucking times on this board do I praise Iowa's player development? About 800 times a fucking year, you stupid fuck. I praise our player development, idiot, because of how difficult it is to recruit at Iowa BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE MUCH IN-STATE TALENT.

Not a god damn argument you EVER make on these boards is based off of a single fucking thing ANYONE ever actually said. Iowa has 1-2 real good prospects every year. Guess what, retard? Wegher happened to be one of those recruits a couple years ago.
Yeah, prove my point further, thanks. I see Niceville each year. People were up in arms Niceville was not in the state semi-finals because they choked this last season. I saw Roy play last season destroying the four other top teams in our conference and the season before that destroying a district that puts out as many D1 players as more than half the states in the country each season, and the state tournament.

The fact you even try to imply that a five star from Niceville is inferior to a four star from sioux falls I find laughable. The fact you even try to imply a kind who averaged more yards a carry and more yards a game as freshman back compared to a "co-starter" I find just as laughable.

I really hope Wehger plans on being a SS because otherwise he is a waste of our time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

The number of Iowa high school players signing Division I LOI each year is not "1-2" but closer to 15, which, per capita, is probably comparable to most states. Most of those guys are linemen with a few kids who will be DBs or LBs, but very few that would be considered skill position players....maybe that's where the "1-2" numbers come from. Small school football is not great football, but it's far from "horrible". In fact, one small school has produced four (4) active NFL players from an enrollment of about 250 high school students. You will rarely, if ever, find a small school team loaded with D-I talent in Iowa, but I ssupect that's also true in most states. The town where I live had two Div I players on the same team, along with a 1-AA player and a host of Div III players, but that's rare.

The thing about Iowa and other sparcely populated states is that there are Div I players but you have to look for them at the small school level. I have contacted Iowa about a couple of kids in the past 30 years who ended up playing for them and being quite successful. One ended up being recruited by a few D-I schools but the other wasn't getting offers from any D-I schools and ended up being a two year starter as a DL for Iowa and was the MVP of the Peach Bowl his senior year. We have those kind of players in Iowa but you have to look for them.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
TheJON wrote:

Yeah, prove my point further, thanks. I see Niceville each year. People were up in arms Niceville was not in the state semi-finals because they choked this last season. I saw Roy play last season destroying the four other top teams in our conference and the season before that destroying a district that puts out as many D1 players as more than half the states in the country each season, and the state tournament.

The fact you even try to imply that a five star from Niceville is inferior to a four star from sioux falls I find laughable. The fact you even try to imply a kind who averaged more yards a carry and more yards a game as freshman back compared to a "co-starter" I find just as laughable.

I really hope Wehger plans on being a SS because otherwise he is a waste of our time.
And I really hope you really aren't this dumb, but only play a retard on a message board. For the sake of society, if nothing else.

But seriously, you're just fucking around, right? You're not really this dumb? I mean, you really don't want me to list where guys like Dallas Clark are from, do you? I mean, I can shoot your entire argument about how now way a kid from Sioux City could be better than some kid from Niceville (where the fuck is that???) by listing players that are SUPERSTARS in the NFL from towns 1/20th the size of Sioux City. You don't want me to do that, do you? You make yourself look dumb enough on your own, so I don't think you want me to make you look even dumber (if that's possible).

Just say "I know nothing about Wegher and I'm only making assumptions" and I will refrain from posting Finch's game-by-game stats (wow, 92 of 350 yards against Iowa State.....in mop-up duty......oooooohhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee!!).
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

The sky is not blue in SCS's world. He calls it like he sees it.

Carry on.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

H4ever wrote:The sky is not blue in SCS's world. He calls it like he sees it.

Carry on.

Yup the area the size of of about 30 square miles in the last 20 years has produced a Heisman trophy (Danny Wuerffel) and more all SEC all conference players than the entire state of Iowa has combined Big Televen all conference players. Ignore that the guy who coached Emmit Smith in high school even said Roy Finch is the best back he has ever seen. Hell even ignore that Roy Finch averaged more yards a game and more yards a carry as a back up that Wehger. Wehger is going to come to Norman and be the starter from day one; he's better than Finch, he's better than Broyles at the slot, he's an Iowa Boy, he's destined to be an NFL hall of famer just like the other 85 guys.

Good luck selling that, tell me about your bridge in Arizona next please.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Good luck selling that, tell me about your bridge in Arizona next please.

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

ImageImageImage

-mJew
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Carry on.

Yup the area the size of of about 30 square miles in the last 20 years has produced a Heisman trophy (Danny Wuerffel) and more all SEC all conference players than the entire state of Iowa has combined Big Televen all conference players. Ignore that the guy who coached Emmit Smith in high school even said Roy Finch is the best back he has ever seen. Hell even ignore that Roy Finch averaged more yards a game and more yards a carry as a back up that Wehger. Wehger is going to come to Norman and be the starter from day one; he's better than Finch, he's better than Broyles at the slot, he's an Iowa Boy, he's destined to be an NFL hall of famer just like the other 85 guys.

Can you just one time on these boards make a post where you don't completely make up what someone says? Just once.

I am curious to know where I said Wegher will start from day 1 or be an NFL hall of famer? Could you point me to where I said that?

Actually, I said I doubt he EVER plays for OU.

The "he averaged more YPC as a backup" is hilarious. Dude, you realize BACKUPS PLAY AGAINST INFERIOR OPPONENTS MORE OFTEN THAN STARTERS, RIGHT??? Oh, and you realize Wegher played behind a shitty offensive line that was probably about the most injured line any team has ever had, right? Let's see here..........we didn't have the same 5 starters in back-to-back games all regular season.

Ok, that's it.....you forced me to post Finch's stats.....

398 yards rushing........

-92 came........in mop-up duty.........against Iowa State
-He had 9 carries for 59 yards against Mizzou's shitty run defense. Marcus Coker (Iowa's true freshman RB run for over 200 yards against them, and Helu rushed for over 300). Whoopty-fucking-doo.
-10 carries 59 yards against..........Colorado. Woweee!
-12 carries for 67 yards against Taco Tech. Amazing!
-I won't post the stats he put up against the other teams so as to not embarrass you.

Fine, you don't wanna believe Wegher outdid Finch as a true freshman........

What about Marcus Coker of Iowa this year?

You wanna tell me Finch was more impressive than Coker, retard?

Here you go, retard. A 3-4 star fucking recruit that went to Iowa did this as a true freshman........

vs Ohio State (started the game). 9 carries for 70 yards
at Indiana 22 carries for 129 in his first career start
at Minnesota 21 carries 93 yards (started)
bowl vs Missouri 33 carries 219 yards

Come on, retard, tell me how much more Finch has proven at this level than Coker.....

You can have Wegher.........and Finch. Neither of them have shit on Coker. They may have more stars by their name coming out of high school, but that don't mean shit. Shonn Greene had 3-stars by his name......yeah, he sucked, right? I don't give a fuck what Finch's high school coach said. Terrelle Pryor's said he was going to be the greatest college QB of all-time. High school coaches know about as much about college football as...........well, you.

Raise the IQ of society by running your car off a cliff.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Carry on.

Can you just one time on these boards make a post where you don't completely make up what someone says? Just once.

I am curious to know where I said Wegher will start from day 1 or be an NFL hall of famer? Could you point me to where I said that?

Actually, I said I doubt he EVER plays for OU.

The "he averaged more YPC as a backup" is hilarious. Dude, you realize BACKUPS PLAY AGAINST INFERIOR OPPONENTS MORE OFTEN THAN STARTERS, RIGHT??? Oh, and you realize Wegher played behind a shitty offensive line that was probably about the most injured line any team has ever had, right? Let's see here..........we didn't have the same 5 starters in back-to-back games all regular season.

Ok, that's it.....you forced me to post Finch's stats.....

398 yards rushing........

-92 came........in mop-up duty.........against Iowa State
-He had 9 carries for 59 yards against Mizzou's shitty run defense. Marcus Coker (Iowa's true freshman RB run for over 200 yards against them, and Helu rushed for over 300). Whoopty-fucking-doo.
-10 carries 59 yards against..........Colorado. Woweee!
-12 carries for 67 yards against Taco Tech. Amazing!
-I won't post the stats he put up against the other teams so as to not embarrass you.

Fine, you don't wanna believe Wegher outdid Finch as a true freshman........

What about Marcus Coker of Iowa this year?

You wanna tell me Finch was more impressive than Coker, retard?

Here you go, retard. A 3-4 star fucking recruit that went to Iowa did this as a true freshman........

vs Ohio State (started the game). 9 carries for 70 yards
at Indiana 22 carries for 129 in his first career start
at Minnesota 21 carries 93 yards (started)
bowl vs Missouri 33 carries 219 yards

Come on, retard, tell me how much more Finch has proven at this level than Coker.....

You can have Wegher.........and Finch. Neither of them have shit on Coker. They may have more stars by their name coming out of high school, but that don't mean shit. Shonn Greene had 3-stars by his name......yeah, he sucked, right? I don't give a fuck what Finch's high school coach said. Terrelle Pryor's said he was going to be the greatest college QB of all-time. High school coaches know about as much about college football as...........well, you.

Raise the IQ of society by running your car off a cliff.
You just can't resist running your foot into your own ass can you. You said he wouldn't play due to off the field issues and have done nothing but imply he is our best back afterward.

Your claim about Wegher having having 968 yards rushing his freshman season is complete and utter bullshit. He had 641 yards in 12 games rushing and 112 yards receiving per Hawkeyesports.com. Not even fucking close in total offense to what you claim he had rushing. Wegher had 4.0 yards a carry; Roy Finch had 4.7 yards a carry. A Rich Rod Michigan defense completely shut Wehger down. 19 carries for 63 yards against Northwestern... Northwestern? :lol:

Finch didn't come in in mop up duty against Iowa State, he played as the #1 from midway through the second quarter because Murray got hurt.

And you're damn right I will take Finch over Coker or any other freshman runningbacks last season short of maybe Laittimore or Dyer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwM0i7psJ1Q[/youtube]

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-f ... don00.html
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

SunCoastSooner wrote:And you're damn right I will take Finch over Coker or any other freshman runningbacks last season short of maybe Laittimore or Dyer.
Sudden Sam wrote:Over a healthy Trent Richardson?
:facepalm: