stuck at o'hare,so.......

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

stuck at o'hare,so.......

Post by TheJON »

.....Might as well give my review of the Orange Bowl, Iowa's season, Iowa's decade, and the future of Hawkeye football. God damn plane delays after having a 6:00am flight! Anywho......fuck the city of Miami. What a mother fucking cesspool. Chrissakes its just a giant ghetto with a couple nice patches mixed in (ie South Beach). Does anyone speak English down there? 2nd time I've been there (3rd time to South Florida) and it's nothing compared to Central Florida. I would seriously rather live in a homeless shelter in Detroit than have a nice pad in Miami. And this weeks weather was fucking cold. I leave the midwest for a week only to have wind chills in the 30's. What the fuck? The game was still a blast, though it was bitter fucking cold out. The temp was in the 40's but the windchills were much colder. We got to the stadium to tailgate about 5 hours prior to kickoff and the lots were packed with Iowa fans and NO Georgia Tech fans in sight. Shot the shit with some FSU fans and talked to a BSing Orange Bowl rep that was so god damn full of shit he made car salesmen seem honest. He tried telling us this was as packed and lively of a pre-game tailgate he had ever seen. No sir, considering the lots were half as full at that time as they were in 2003 when we were in the OB. Tried telling me the buzz was just as high for this game as the title game last year. Uh hu, dude......riiiiiggghhht! I was not worried about this game one bit. Tech had no shot to win and this wasn't as close as the score indicated. Our defense is too disciplined and they're too well coached to be given a month to prepare for some 1950's offense that's one dimensional. The stadium had a lot of empty seats and these BCS Bowls are a bunch of money grubbing whores and this makes the game experience less enjoyable. They blasted COMMERCIALS over the speakers during each timeout. At least at home you could change the channel until the game resumes. That got very irritating. We had a pair of FSU fans behind us that were dumb as shit. They kept crying about Tech running the ball every play. They wanted them to throw. Good god, don't ACC fans know Georgia Tech can't throw the ball?? After the game, when the team came up to the stage the first thing the announcer did was say "and let's congratulate Georgia Tech on a great season". And the Iowa fans booed that. We boo EVERYTHING anymore and its pathetic. We've lost our class and respect for our opponents and I'm embarrassed for it. That was flat out fucking CLASSLESS. As for the season, it was a great year. The haters are shut the fuck up. It's funny how we lose to USC and some tards in the national media continually bring that up when they mention Iowa and yet these same dickheads won't even give Iowa props for winning an OB. Fuck them. Fuck them to hell. But the facts are this.....Iowa beat 3 opponents away from Kinnick that won 10 or more games, and 3 opponents on the road that won bowl games. We've now defeated 4 straight teams from BCS conferences (all bowl teams) by a combined score of 117-57. So to the haters, hate away. Just know you're a god damn fucking idiot and society is better off without you (and yes, THAT was a hint). The decade of Iowa football was outstanding. The best decade we've had. 4 times finishing in the Top 10, a pair of conference titles, 2 BCS bowls, 5 bowl victories, etc. It may not be USC or Florida good, but it's a decade that 90 percent of the schools out there would die to have. Not bad for a decade that started with a 3-9 record following a 1-10 and 3-8 year. Rack Ferentz and his staff for doing things I never thought I would see at Iowa. It's hard to believe that in my 29 years of existence, there have only been 2 football coaches at my school. And both of those guys were "never going to stay at Iowa" according to just about every outsider. Even on this board I've been told this throughout the years- "you better enjoy Ferentz while he's there..". It doesn't matter what the media says, its one of the premiere jobs in America. If it weren't there would have been far more coaches at the helm in my lifetime considering the success we've had. Michigan fan laughed at Ferentz going to UM and jerked off to DickRod. Ferentz is 20-6 since DickRod took over at UM and Dick is 8-16. Who's laughing now? Now onto the future of Hawkeye football. 2010 looks to be setting up for another run at a Top 10 finish and our incoming class is probably the 2nd best class on paper of the Ferentz era, so I don't think you'll see much of a dropoff over the next 4-5 years. After that, who knows? I'm hopeful this level of success can be sustained but I know that when you don't have in-state recruiting talent or have the media recruiting for you, its hard to consistently recruit well enough to win at this level year after year. Well, flight just got delayed another half hour and the lady next to me smells like balls so time to get up and end this post.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: stuck at o'hare,so.......

Post by Killian »

Embrace the enter key.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

You kidding me? He'd start talking about Iowa sports like f*cking Rain Man, and nobody would mess with him, thinking that he was crazier than a sack of goats with mad cow.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jesus Christ these fuckers are programmed like SECBSH. So Bama fan invading O;hare right now. Chatted up a little CFB with Tide fan and go fucking figure- he goes on about SEC speed. Get a fucking life already!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:Jesus Christ these fuckers are programmed like SECBSH. So Bama fan invading O;hare right now. Chatted up a little CFB with Tide fan and go fucking figure- he goes on about SEC speed. Get a fucking life already!
Is all that speed why they had a losing record in OOC games against BCS teams and they went 6-4 in the bowls?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:Jesus Christ these fuckers are programmed like SECBSH. So Bama fan invading O;hare right now. Chatted up a little CFB with Tide fan and go fucking figure- he goes on about SEC speed. Get a fucking life already!
And their first Heisman winner is from Flint, MI.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Jon stuck in an airport taking his frustrations out on us yet he knocks Bama fan and suggests Bama fan get a life. Classic Jonsense.

I used to find you quite the pimple on the boardes ass Jon but now I have come to see the brilliance of you comedy.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

the_ouskull wrote:You kidding me? He'd start talking about Iowa sports like f*cking Rain Man, and nobody would mess with him, thinking that he was crazier than a sack of goats with mad cow.

the_ouskull
Might want to go a bit easier on Jon... I know its been awhile since you appeared in the forum but his posting has made a dramatic upturn since the days of 85 draft picks and Iowa Being the greatest team in the world.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

the_ouskull wrote:You kidding me? He'd start talking about Iowa sports like f*cking Rain Man, and nobody would mess with him, thinking that he was crazier than a sack of goats with mad cow.

the_ouskull
Hell, he'll finish them off by trying to convince them how much better they have it in the Motor City than in a "nice pad in Miami." Hilarity will run amok.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The haters are shut the fuck up.
All the haters are belong to us.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

If my eyes can make it through that thing, I know I'll have a few new sigs.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Don't blame me, blame this website for not being Blackberry friendly. Thanks to Killian I found the Enter button. I lack technology skills required to succeed outside the state of Iowa. Big fuckin deal. Blame my parents.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote:Don't blame me, blame this website for not being Blackberry friendly. Thanks to Killian I found the Enter button. I lack technology skills required to succeed outside the state of Iowa. Big fuckin deal. Blame my parents.
what position did you parents conceive you in, jon? if missionary then i'm making my kids doggystyle.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

M Club wrote:
TheJON wrote:Don't blame me, blame this website for not being Blackberry friendly. Thanks to Killian I found the Enter button. I lack technology skills required to succeed outside the state of Iowa. Big fuckin deal. Blame my parents.
what position did you parents conceive you in, jon? if missionary then i'm making my kids doggystyle.
If I had to guess I'd say 69, his dad butt-fucked his mom in the mouth.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:
You're getting cranky now that Iowa is overtaking Michigan in the Big-10! Sucks doesn't it?

Last 8 years.......

Iowa 70-31
Michigan 64-36

Head-to-head: 3-3

BCS wins-

Iowa 1
UM 0

And you can probably just pencil in an Iowa win in Ann Arbor next year. Just don't be so pissed off about it! You seem bitter!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

last 8 years?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:last 8 years?
Yeah, but I understand how CFB works. The only thing CFB fans care about are what's gone on in the past.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Hell, Minny has overtaken Michigan. Not sure that's much to hang your hat on.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Hell, Minny has overtaken Michigan. Not sure that's much to hang your hat on.
I wouldn't go that far. The last 2 years Minnesota has been 6-7. Over the span of a decent period of time, they're still far behind. 6-7, 5-7.......not really much of a difference though at least Minnesota made a bowl game........sort of (assuming you actually consider the Insight Bowl a bowl game)

Since 2002, there are a lot of so-called elite programs Iowa has more wins than. Tennessee, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska just to name a few. This right here is why I get tired of the national media's love for Notre Dame. It's amazing how they beat Hawaii in whatever bowl game that was last year to finish 7-6 and the national media whacks off to it like it's the start of something, yet Iowa wins a BCS game and nobody in the national media will even mention it. This is why I've become a bigger NFL fan than a college fan and why I just don't understand why Division 1-A (FBS or whatever it is) doesn't switch to 2 divisions. The media division and the rest. Boise State would have a national title shot if that was the case (same with Utah last year, Auburn in 2004, and Boise State in 2005).
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Can't a guy run a little hyperbole in this joint?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote:You're getting cranky now that Iowa is overtaking Michigan in the Big-10! Sucks doesn't it?

Last 8 years.......

Iowa 70-31
Michigan 64-36

Head-to-head: 3-3

BCS wins-

Iowa 1
UM 0

And you can probably just pencil in an Iowa win in Ann Arbor next year. Just don't be so pissed off about it! You seem bitter!
i'm hardly bitter over the fact my football team never seems to win anymore. i reserve bitter for things that actually affect my quality of life, say if my lady left me for a fry cook.

as for the last "eight" years, you failed to mention three of iowa's best years ever vs. michigan's worst five-year stretch ever and still you're averaging less than one win more a year. i'm sure this comparison will work out in michigan's favor as soon as you start tacking on years either before or after your arbitrary eight years.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Eight years, what's the significance og eight years? Eight years since you first started your own unique style of whiny myopic homeristic posting? Why eight yeats? Lets talk all-time. I know it's fun for you to bash UM during it's two year absense from relevence, if I were you I'd enjoy it. But as you may or may not know UM has a long wonderful history....more than eight years even.

All-time

UM-40
Iowa-11
ties-4

Pts for

UM-1355
Iowa-738

That's a difference of 617 points there sporto...but you cling to those magigal eight years.

You beat the Michigan this year, a team with a historically inept defense, by 2 points. Yep you're light years ahead of UM.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Lets talk all-time.
Typical CFB fan and the exact type of response I was baiting. Thanks.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Why eight years?...tasty bait. My claim is the entirety of the programs body of work should count. If you can jerk yourself off over 8 fricken years certainly it makes sense to enjoy longer termed successes. 8 years is arbitrary, all-time is irrefutable.

Iowa=nice year, big bowl victory
UM=historical prowess
Jon=Bitch

Michigan = :bode:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

there are over 30 Starbucks in O'Hare.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

WolverineSteve wrote:Why eight years?...tasty bait. My claim is the entirety of the programs body of work should count. If you can jerk yourself off over 8 fricken years certainly it makes sense to enjoy longer termed successes. 8 years is arbitrary, all-time is irrefutable.

Iowa=nice year, big bowl victory
UM=historical prowess
Jon=Bitch

Michigan = :bode:
exactly my point earlier. why 8? why not 6 or 10 or 14? this is classic OU-UT shit. preferential time-based rhetorical plasticity. since (date i have determined in advance that suits my argument best), OU/UT is...blah blah blah...(or Adrian Peterson is running a crack ring or Jermie Calhoun is a criminal with bad grades).

when i see Iowa fan taking the "8 year" arbitrariness, i'm calling UM the winner out of hat.
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

exactly my point earlier. why 8?
Fine............

The last 2 years Iowa is 20-6 with a Top 20 and a Top 10 finish, a BCS Bowl win, and 2 bowl wins. Michigan is 8-16 with no Top 20 finishes, and no bowl appearances.

Iowa is 1-0 vs Michigan in this stretch.

Is that better?

By the way, I wasn't trying to prove Iowa has a better program than Michigan. I just was pointing out that Iowa deserves some respect because we've got a decent period of time with having more success than quite a few of these so-called elite programs. I knew exactly what Michigan fan would respond with. It's comical when they do that, actually. Penn State fan does the same thing when Iowa fan brings up 7 out of 8.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON wrote:I knew exactly what Michigan fan would respond with. It's comical when they do that, actually.
In fairness, why wouldn't they? All-time success trumps a carefully selected few years of success.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
TheJON wrote:I knew exactly what Michigan fan would respond with. It's comical when they do that, actually.
In fairness, why wouldn't they? All-time success trumps a carefully selected few years of success.
But I just don't get that. I've never understood CFB fans and their constant bragging about how great their teams were back in the day. I belong to the Church of What's Happening Now.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote: But I just don't get that. I've never understood CFB fans and their constant bragging about how great their teams were back in the day. I belong to the Church of What's Happening Now.
you also aren't impressed with Mike Leach (your own words) but he's beat OU the last 3 times in Lubbock and Texas last year. seems like what "you are impressed with" is the time frame when Iowa is pretty good. and then you become the expert.

you think in the last 6 years Iowa would have 3 wins over Oklahoma and at least 1 over Texas?
Last edited by King Crimson on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

TheJON wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
But I just don't get that. I've never understood CFB fans and their constant bragging about how great their teams were back in the day. I belong to the Church of What's Happening Now.
Which is typical of the MTV-ESPN-24hr-convieience-microwave-instant gratification generation. Michigan was playing in New Years Day bowls when there were only 4,8, and 16 bowls in existence. When there's a CMU/Troy matchup a week into the new calendar, playing after New Years aint what it used to be. Then again Iowa didn't used to play in them, yet it's your go-to example of Iowa's "surge" to its lofty status.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:
TheJON wrote: But I just don't get that. I've never understood CFB fans and their constant bragging about how great their teams were back in the day. I belong to the Church of What's Happening Now.
you also aren't impressed with Mike Leach (your own words) but he's beat OU the last 3 times in Lubbock and Texas last year. seems like what "you are impressed with" is the time frame when Iowa is pretty good. and then you become the expert.

you think in the last 6 years Iowa would have 3 wins over Oklahoma and at least 1 over Texas?
2 of those OU wins were against OU's 2 worst teams of the decade.

He has no BCS bowl appearances, no conference titles, and his best bowl win was a Holiday Bowl I believe.

You really wanna compare Iowa vs Taco Tech???
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Which is typical of the MTV-ESPN-24hr-convieience-microwave-instant gratification generation. Michigan was playing in New Years Day bowls when there were only 4,8, and 16 bowls in existence. When there's a CMU/Troy matchup a week into the new calendar, playing after New Years aint what it used to be. Then again Iowa didn't used to play in them, yet it's your go-to example of Iowa's "surge" to its lofty status.
Instant gratification? Ummm...........no. That's not me, one bit. My favorite sport is baseball, genius. And I root for the Kansas City Royals. I don't watch MTV unless the wife forces me. And I hate ESPN with a passion. Nice try.

Times have changed. Michigan's Big-10 dominance is behind them because teams like Iowa are catching up with them. You can continue living in the past. I will live in the now. And right now Iowa is not inferior to programs like Michigan and Penn State. And on top of that, our future is brighter than Michigan's.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

heh, living in the past. why are you still living in 2002 then? probably because consistency doesn't suit you. like...

jonbefore = iowa is a mid-level program that can expect to contend for a big ten title every four years or so.
jonnow = IOWA, BITCHES!! I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT THIS ONE BCS WIN FOR THE NEXT 17 YEARS

michigan's dominance is behind them right now for reasons well documented on here. their mobility within the conference standings has everything to do with a horrible coaching transition and nothing with anything iowa could possibly influence. you should catch up to wisconsin before you think about catching up to michigan save your occasional flash-in-the-pan season.

consistency:

jontake1: iowa is overtaking michigan because we have a better record over a eight-year period in which michigan's fielded it's only two losing teams of my lifetime.
jontake2: mike leech's resume doesn't count because he beat good teams that weren't their programs' best ever.

anyhow, homie, props on a good season. i hope you enjoyed it even though you were whining at the beginning of the year about how you just can't get all rah-rah about hawkeye football anymore. i think people will look at your impressive final ranking and think it was well-earned. and maybe, maybe, if iowa actually strings a few of these seasons together rather than slipping into irrelevance like they always do people will start giving them the respect you think they deserve.

as for your boo-fucking-hoo about why everyone always references history, it's because it's part of the cfb landscape. dickrod's gone 8-16 and is still in the midst of putting together a top ten recruiting class. explain that, svp. short of the program being chronically mismanaged a la notre dame, is there anyone who really thinks michigan's going to start leasing the bottom of the big ten standings?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

M Club wrote:short of the program being chronically mismanaged a la notre dame, is there anyone who really thinks michigan's going to start leasing the bottom of the big ten standings?
No doubt that ND's program has been chronically mismanaged for the last 15 seasons or so now (the last three coaching regimes plus the last three seasons of the Holtz era). Even against that standard, though, ND's only fallen below the 5-win mark for a season once in that entire period. That's a far cry from being a regular at the bottom of the Big Ten standings.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

all i read in that is you agree with me. okay.
Killian

Post by Killian »

During their cronic mismanagement, ND has never had back to back losing seasons, nor had a coach compile a 8-16 record in two years.

JON, no one is giving Iowa the respect you want because their year, while good, was hardly the kind that makes other fans take notice. Outside of beating GaTech, how was their year any different? No one gives GaTech that much respect because people recognize them for what they are: a second tier team from their league who is enjoying the big boys being down. Very similar to Iowa.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, but let's not forget, Ferentz is doing it with 1 star scrubs who signed with Iowa as their back up school since UNI and Iowa City CC weren't interested.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Killian wrote:During their cronic mismanagement, ND has never had back to back losing seasons, nor had a coach compile a 8-16 record in two years.
so you, like terry, agree 100% with what i said. noted.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Iowa catch up to Wisconsin? Ahahahahaha! I laughed.