The Heisman will go to...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

The Heisman will go to...

Post by Left Seater »

Mark Ingram!

Not my prediction but so say the self described experts at Stiff Arm Trophy. Check them out, 7 out of 7 correct.

http://stiffarmtrophy.com/
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: The Heisman will go to...

Post by SunCoastSooner »

They haven't finalized or "certified" their prediction yet... it's just a tally right now. They won't declare their prediction until at least Friday.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Fantastic, everything is falling into place nicely
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

This is DeJa-Va all over again...I like it.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Except for the fact that Saban is a good technical coach and doesn't rely on his players to just make plays.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And Colt is not VY...and this Texas team isn't as good as that Texas team, especially the O-line...and this Bama D is better than USC's banged up '05 D.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Van wrote:And Colt is not VY...and this Texas team isn't as good as that Texas team, especially the O-line.
and at WR. Shipley does a lot of good things and makes plays, but I'd take Limas Sweed's ability to stretch the D any day of the week. Quan Cosby, and David Thomas at TE. also, at RB you had Selvin Young and Jamal Charles (who i recall had a pretty nice FR year). two guys who have had 100 yard games on Sunday.

D is probably a wash, but the 05 team did have Cedric Griffin and Michel Huff in the D backfield, who were absolute killers.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

KC, to be fair though, this Bama offense is also nowhere near as good as that '05 USC offense...but then again, giving up nearly 600 total yards and 38 points, it's not like that Texas D really did a whole lot that day. Both Ds got absolutely torched.

I don't see a whole lot of similarities for Texas between this year and '05. They're nothing like the '05 Texas team, and Bama bears no resemblance to the '05 USC team.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If this game were played Saturday I think Bama has a huge advantage just as USC would have in '05.

The fact that it is played in about a month reduces that advantage somewhat. Just like USC in '05 Bama will have to deal with all the "experts" putting the favorite label on them and with Ingram likely winning the Heisman. Mack can play up the underdog role again.

Bottom line is this: Will anyone be that surprised if Texas wins? I doubt it. So have at it with the breakdowns at each matchup, but one team is going to win and it won't be an upset.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Will anyone be that surprised if Texas wins?
I wouldn't be, and you're right, I doubt too many others would be either. It's only, what, a 4.5 spread? It's not like Bama is some huge favorite here.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Suh is up by over 20 first place votes on everybody else according to tabulations on declared votes... his issue is that those people who don't vote him first pretty much leave him off the ballot entirely.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Suh is up by over 20 first place votes on everybody else according to tabulations on declared votes... his issue is that those people who don't vote him first pretty much leave him off the ballot entirely.
It's pretty telling. There are those who actually watch cfb, and those who don't and deserve to have their voting privs stripped.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Suh is up by over 20 first place votes on everybody else according to tabulations on declared votes... his issue is that those people who don't vote him first didn't watch him play.
FTFY.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

The whole Heisman deal will be an EPIC FAIL if Ndamukong Suh doesn't win it on Saturday night. Baddest man in CFB and took numerous games over all by himself. Stud.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Papa Willie wrote:
Van wrote:
Will anyone be that surprised if Texas wins?
I wouldn't be, and you're right, I doubt too many others would be either. It's only, what, a 4.5 spread? It's not like Bama is some huge favorite here.
I was surprised to see the spread that low, but getting 'Bama out of their element (SoCal ain't it) might be part of that. I don't think that part of it will affect Texas as much.

Still - 'Bama has got to have a chip on their shoulder after the Utah game last year. They've definitely got something to prove.
I highly doubt they have any chip on their shoulder after the Florida game, remember every has said that that was supposed to be the real BCS championship.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.