Suuuuuuuh!!! has been invited to New York

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Suuuuuuuh!!! has been invited to New York

Post by H4ever »

Don't know if it's glass dick yet, but Mr. Suh is one of the 5 finalists for the Heisman along with the qb he abused (McCoy) last Saturday. I'm not holding my breath, but giving the trophy to the proper player would go a long ways in this prestigious award regaining the credibility it has lost over the last decade.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... -finalists
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Suuuuuuuh!!! has been invited to New York

Post by Van »

It's like the Nobel Peace Prize. It's already been determined that it'll go to their favorite figurehead, and inviting Suh is just their way of paying lip sevice.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:It's like the Nobel Peace Prize. It's already been determined that it'll go to their favorite figurehead, and inviting Suh is just their way of paying lip sevice.

And it's a shame, too. This shit is becoming more and more like the Little Miss pageants. Maybe the Downtown Athletic Club should get some of those pageant coordinators on the payroll. ESPN's voluntary services at manipulating votes only go so far.

We need to see Tebow dressed to the slut-nines with an inch of makeup on his mug singing, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty.....so pretty and witty and gaaaaay!!!!....I think I'll play football...later on todaaaaay!!!!" Followed by thunderous applause from the ESPN hacks. That's all this award has become.

Shoot..AP might even end up on the payroll in wardrobe somewhere.
Last edited by H4ever on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It really should come down to Suh or Gerhart.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Suh doesn't deserve the award unless Eric Crouch shows up to the ceremony in sweatpants to return the Heisman Trophy he never deserved to give it to its rightful owner. If he does that, Suh gets my vote. If not, he's shit out of luck.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

TheJON wrote:Suh doesn't deserve the award unless Eric Crouch shows up to the ceremony in sweatpants to return the Heisman Trophy he never deserved to give it to its rightful owner. If he does that, Suh gets my vote. If not, he's shit out of luck.

You don't have a vote. Now go suck ur Chuck Long, Blow up Dong.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:It's like the Nobel Peace Prize. It's already been determined that it'll go to their favorite figurehead, and inviting Suh is just their way of paying lip sevice.
Van wrote:It really should come down to Suh or Gerhart.
Stiffarm is reporting that of declared votes so far Suh and Gerhart are the leading two early and that they are basically neck and neck. McCoy and Ingram were pretty far off with Teblow closing the rear.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

H4ever wrote:
TheJON wrote:Suh doesn't deserve the award unless Eric Crouch shows up to the ceremony in sweatpants to return the Heisman Trophy he never deserved to give it to its rightful owner. If he does that, Suh gets my vote. If not, he's shit out of luck.

You don't have a vote. Now go suck ur Chuck Long, Blow up Dong.
Lee Corso gave me his ballot. I put down Suh under stipulations.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SCS, I sure hope you're right. I'd love to see it go to either of those two guys, especially Suh, since he's not a 'skill position' player. I'll bet they both could swallow losing it to the other, but to lose it to McCoy would be damn tough to take.

Shit, has a non 'skill position' player - skill position players include punt-kickoff returners/DBs, like Charles Woodsen and Desmond Howard - won a Heisman in my lifetime? Not even Hugh Green won it, and I can't recall a lineman or LB winning it during my lifetime.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I would like to see Suh win, myself.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:C'mon. You think they're really going to give it to a D player? Shit.

They'll give it to Colt. In spite of his weak 7.2 yards per attempt (again showing that all he does is throw short passes). Other than that, he does have decent numbers.

If you're going to go with RB's, I'd probably have to go with Gerhart. His 26 TD's alone were nice. Plus - how funny would it be to see a honky RB win the Heisman? When did that happen last? (looks) Ahhh - John Cappelletti from PSU in 1973. :D 36 years....

Of the RB's:

Gerhart:
1736 yards 5.6 ypc 26 TD's
18 yards passing
10 catches 149 yards
1903 Total yards 26 TD's

Ingram:
1542 yards 6.2 ypc 15 TD's
30 catches 322 yards 3 TD's
1864 Total yards 18 TD's

And this is why I still stick by CJ Spiller:
1145 yards 5.7 ypc 11 TD's
17 yards passing 1 TD
33 catches 445 yards 4 TD's
708 KO return yards 4 TD's
210 Punt return yards 1 TD
2113 Total yards 21 TD's
and the fucker played hurt for the second half of the season.....
As of this morning McCoy is wayyyyyyyy back in forth from declared votes. Ingram is now leading as of this morning. Gerhart and Suh are right behind him in 2nd and 3rd.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

I definitely think Spiller is worthy of the trophy but he obviously won't get it. Suh is probably the most deserving but I don't see him getting it either and I just don't think McCoy is deserving of the trophy this year. Of the guys with a chance I guess I'd have to go with Ingram. He stepped up last week against Florida after a shitty game against Auburn and he's been doing his thing against pretty good defenses most of the year. My first pick would be Suh then Spiller and Ingram if it were my trophy to award. Too bad for Tony Pike that he missed those games this year or he'd have a great chance to win it.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

If Ingram had been involved in the game-winning drive against Auburn, which was the defining moment for their team, then he'd probably have this locked up.

I think Ingram still wins, with Suh and Gerhart splitting too many 1st place votes and not getting enough 2nds.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Suh will look great in Honalulu Blue.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Van wrote:inviting Suh is just their way of paying lip sevice.
That is why Tebow is there.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

WolverineSteve wrote:Suh will look great in Honalulu Blue.

A big hell yeah to that...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Stiffarm is now saying that Gerhart and Ingram are pretty much dead even with Suh right behind them and this one might be too close to call. Might be the first year that the site doesn't "certify" a winner before it is announced on ESPN. Suh actually leads in first place votes by a rather wide margin of the three but also leads in number of ballots he has been completely left off of as well; looks like the lack of 2nd and 3rd (especially 2nd) place votes are going to be what costs him the trophy if things hold together this way. Ingram has the fewest 1st place votes of the three but is on virtually everyones ballot so they have him leading currently due to point accumulation.

They are also saying that McCoy has pretty much dropped down to the point where he isn't a real factor without an onslaught of people falling from the sky saying they voted for him in first place.

Teblow is an official also ran and after thought.

Stiffarm also said that this season has been a lot more difficult to to find out who voted for who and in what place than any other they have ever reported on. People are being a lot more secretive this year for some reason.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Suh has played against two of the candidates.

We all know what Suh and Nebraska did to Colt McCoy recently but don't forget that Suh went against Spiller in last year's Gator Bowl and Spiller was essentially shut down. Suh has THAT kind of impact on any game he steps on the playing field. Double and triple teams schemes against him all year long and he still dominated games.

More evidence that this kid is something very special and embodies what the Heisman Trophy is supposed to represent. Give it to him already.

Suh will have Barry Sanders type immediate impact in the NFL next year. It's ironic he'll probably end up in Detroit. Good God man this kid is good.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

You're a fucking idiot.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.