NHL and PA agree to NEW CBA

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

NHL and PA agree to NEW CBA

Post by Cross Traffic »

Its official!!!! 6 years of peace!!! :D

Bob Goodenow, you just assfucked your union, what are you going to do next?

I'm going to Disneyland!
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

Sweet .

Hockey is my favorite sport . Played it my whole life . I am very happy today . Now get rid of the fucking obstruction and the foolish goalie equipment . Lets see how the tickets come down in price . The Bruins charge big dough ..and if you are sitting in the balcony forget it . far far away ....the bruins also better be near the cap limit ...I can see O'Connell/Jacobs down near the floor .

Rejoice hockey fans Go Rangers
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Re: NHL and PA agree to NEW CBA

Post by Hapday »

Cross Traffic wrote:Its official!!!! 6 years of peace!!! :D

Bob Goodenow, you just assfucked your union, what are you going to do next?

I'm going to Disneyland!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK!
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Our long national nightmare is over.

Let the games begin!
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Anybody who would pay good money to see NHL games after the crap both sides pulled is a fucking masochist.

Canadians, you are excused. Please feel free to spend your Monoply money any way you chose. :wink:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

I'd like to buy Park Place, and renovate.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I give the NHL credit for spending much of the last two weeks working long hours to a deal hammered out. You wish they had this motivation last summer but there's no point in dwelling on the past. They lost a year, the owners won out and the players have been taken down a notch. The sport needed to manage its money better and this new deal will do just that. I'm pumped...I'm eager to see what happens with all of the rosters and how the draft lottery shakes out. I've missed hockey but I survived. Now that it's back, I think we'll actually get a better league and hopefully a better product. You don't stay out this long and not come back with a new identity. It's a great day to be a hockey fan!
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

I'm in, but as a much less enthusiastic fan than I was before.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I'm mixed after hearing todays news.

I'll be very excited to see my Avalanche back on the ice. Sure I had Eagles CHL hockey during the lockout, and they even won the championship, but it just wasn't the same coming home, turning on FSN and not seeing a hockey game on or joining friends at a local sports bar and watching the boys on the big screen while throwing back some brews.

At the same time I'm still pissed that A) it went on this long and B) there were some players, ahem Roenick, who basically told the fans to kiss their ass after the NHL pretty much already did that.

I'm sure I'll get completely over it and be more focused on watching the game on the ice and not the drama behind the closed doors. It worked for me with the baseball lockout, I'm sure it'll work for me here.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

GAME ON! 8)
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Thank the lord. Now I'll have something to do during those fall and winter nights when there's nothing on.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Toddowen wrote:Let's just say that the fact that I've even read a report of that tree falling is more interest into the the NHL than I wish to waste my time on.
And yet you still took the time to come in here and comment on it.

Carry on...
Still a FlameFan
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

7/21/2005 1:28:12 PM

TORONTO (CP) - NHL players began the process of putting labour upheaval behind them Thursday, voting on the league's proposed new labour agreement and looking forward to getting back on the ice.

Sources have told TSN that the NHLPA has accepted the league's proposal for a new collective bargaining agreement. Some 225 players were in Toronto Thursday for the vote, with the other 500 or so casting their ballots electronically.

"Everyone wants to play hockey, that's the bottom line," said Toronto defenceman Bryan McCabe. "Coming out of this a lot of damage has been done and both sides have to start repairing it."

Voting began around 10 a.m. ET and was expected to take several hours. A news conference was scheduled for 4 p.m. with NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. Goodenow was slated to announce results of the player vote at that news conference.
Related Info

The action shifts to New York on Friday, when the league's board of governors has its say at a 1 p.m. meeting. That will be followed by a 3 p.m. Bettman news conference outlining proposed rule changes and then the draft lottery (TSN, 4 p.m.)
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

RACK the reporter who asked Goodenow if he's going to be taking a 24% pay cut like his union.

:lol:

Classic.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Maybe he'll just have to settle for 24% fewer teeth?

-errr, just like the Union membership.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

al? wrote:RACK the reporter who asked Goodenow if he's going to be taking a 24% pay cut like his union.

:lol:

Classic.
What was Goodenow's response?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

not a direct quote, but something like.....

a short silence followed by a little chuckle "I have a contract and when it expires the people whom I made my contract with and I will discuss that "

Hard to tell his reaction, I was listening on the radio. He seemed a little taken back by the question.