RIP, Ziggy...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

mamamustanger
Elwood

Re: RIP, Ziggy...

Post by mamamustanger »

So long Bowie- You will be missed, such a great talent!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

RIP, and didn't he just release some new work?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote:RIP, and didn't he just release some new work?
Yes.

He apparently kept his illness under wraps very well.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Good riddance to the thin white duke.

I make that statement based on the way he treated SRV. Here is an interview with Stevie where Bowie comes up.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/101 ... ideo/51709

I have seen many interviews with SRV and there is one constant with him. He is the most kind decent modest person you could imagine. And for him to say something bad about someone....well that guy must be a grade A douche.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yea, and John Lennon hit women. So what? We're not saying good bye to a friend so much as we're saying goodbye to the hope for more music.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:Yea, and John Lennon hit women. So what? We're not saying good bye to a friend so much as we're saying goodbye to the hope for more music.
And the rest are heroin addicts, I know. I just have an issue with someone who is supposed to be an artist, going out of his way to cockblock other artists. It seems as though Dave decided he wasn't going to do a tour with an opening act that would blow him off the fukking stage.

So fukk Dave. It's not like he's done anything relevant in over 30 years, or has he? I suppose shlonging Iman for the last quarter century counts for something.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

If you had even the slightest shred of reading comprehension, you would realize that the decision was made by Bowie's management, not Bowie himself.

Here's the setlist from the one time I saw him live:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-bow ... 09c3e.html
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goobs, Bowie was an established star by that point. His management did as it was told. If Bowie wanted DT on the tour, they damn sure would have been there.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So what? Like he's the first performer not wanting to be upstaged by an opening act.

You're bent out of shape because of a perceived slight to your boyhood hero. He, and you, can go fuck yourselves.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Come on, guys. Musicians NEVER have tiffs with other musicians. This is unheard of in the industry, and is a perfectly reasonable thing to celebrate a man's death over. 'Holic is operating on a very high level and the rest of us need to get there.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:And the rest are heroin addicts, I know. I just have an issue with someone who is supposed to be an artist, going out of his way to cockblock other artists. It seems as though Dave decided he wasn't going to do a tour with an opening act that would blow him off the fukking stage.
You do remember hearing the Let's Dance album? Not exactly something that would mesh well with Texas Flood. If I were Bowie's manager I would have wanted SRV off the tour.
So fukk Dave. It's not like he's done anything relevant in over 30 years, or has he? I suppose shlonging Iman for the last quarter century counts for something.
You mean other than make 11 albums that, in a sane world should have gotten more airplay than they did. Don't blame Bowie because so called "classic rock" radio became a nostalgic wankfest.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Like many bands/musicians, it took awhile for me to appreciate Bowie, but that I eventually did. He was truly brilliant and inspired many others, including SRV.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tough to pick a favorite, but reckon you can't go wrong with this.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:Goobs, Bowie was an established star by that point. His management did as it was told. If Bowie wanted DT on the tour, they damn sure would have been there.
Bowie asked him to tour with them. His management put the kibosh on that, and there are rumors out there about a disagreement regarding money as well. Stevie Ray was an excellent musician, but if you compare their contributions to the world of music, SRV wasn't fit to carry Bowie's jockstrap nipple clamps.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:So what? Like he's the first performer not wanting to be upstaged by an opening act.

You're bent out of shape because of a perceived slight to your boyhood hero. He, and you, can go fuck yourselves.
Not a boyhood hero as he didn't get any national coverage until I was about 20.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:And the rest are heroin addicts, I know. I just have an issue with someone who is supposed to be an artist, going out of his way to cockblock other artists. It seems as though Dave decided he wasn't going to do a tour with an opening act that would blow him off the fukking stage.
You do remember hearing the Let's Dance album? Not exactly something that would mesh well with Texas Flood. If I were Bowie's manager I would have wanted SRV off the tour.
You mean other than make 11 albums that, in a sane world should have gotten more airplay than they did. Don't blame Bowie because so called "classic rock" radio became a nostalgic wankfest.
I agree that texas blues and brit glam rock aren't the best combination and maybe Bowie did make an honest offer without thinking about it much, but how the hell does it get to the point where they are about to get on the tour bus before having the rug yanked out from under them.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Come on, guys. Musicians NEVER have tiffs with other musicians. This is unheard of in the industry, and is a perfectly reasonable thing to celebrate a man's death over. 'Holic is operating on a very high level and the rest of us need to get there.
Hurry the fukk up, mgooo. It's lonely up here.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I agree that texas blues and brit glam rock aren't the best combination and maybe Bowie did make an honest offer without thinking about it much, but how the hell does it get to the point where they are about to get on the tour bus before having the rug yanked out from under them.
SRV's manager made the decision for him not to get on the bus.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:SRV's manager made the decision for him not to get on the bus.
I realize that. And I am sure that he was looking out for SRV and DT's best interest. The whole thing just makes Bowie/his management look like world class douchebags which was my original point. So, pardon me if I don't get all teary eyed about him. I figure 69 is a pretty good run for a 70s rock god. Hell, 69 must be like 187 in 70s rock god years.

I just wanna know where that manager was when it was time to say, Stevie, don't get on that fukking helo.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:The whole thing just makes Bowie/his management look like world class douchebags which was my original point.
Or, alternatively, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dick Cavett is a great interviewer. "this is the pic you give to the draft board" :lol:

Wonder how many lines of coke he did prior to that interview?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Speaking of awkward interviews, this one is a always a classic.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

SRV was just a session player. No huge hairy big deal.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I dusted off my greatest hits CD today. I expect Smackie Chan is reading this and will have a proper tribute lined up for Tune Town this Friday. He's sentimental like that. So are most of us.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

We have a ton of experts on all things 70s that post here it would appear.

Man y'all are old.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:SRV was just a session player. No huge hairy big deal.
Stick to military history and insulting people.

Session players are hired guns who don't play their own material or record albums. I guess you could say he was a session player for Bowie, in this instance, but, he was a hell of a lot more than a session player. And yes, he was quite the big hairy deal as he revived Blues in the pop music world.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:I guess you could say he was a session player for Bowie...
Exactly. It wasn't the job of Bowie or his managers to promote one of his sidemen.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I guess you could say he was a session player for Bowie...
Exactly. It wasn't the job of Bowie or his managers to promote one of his sidemen.
No, it wasn't. But pulling the plug on the offer as you are getting on the tour bus is a bush move. It would be understandable if Bowie offered them the gig, then recanted after discussing it with his management. A major tour doesn't just happen the day after it is thought up, especially not a glam rock extravaganza that Bowie would put on.

I am not going to pretend to know exactly what the fukk went down. If this story came from some primadonna rock star a-hole, I wouldn't think much about it, but, everything I have ever read/saw about SRV, painted him as just a down to earth good dude who would go out of his way to not say anything bad about anyone, even if they deserved it.

If I did have to guess what hapened, it was the Bowie wanted him on the tour and he went told him that DT could come and that when they did get dumped, Stevie would just say sorry dudes, and get on the bus himself. I mean, he was just a fukking session guy at the time. He couldn't tell David fukking Bowie to fukk the fukk off, could he?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

mvscal wrote:Speaking of awkward interviews...
"I see everything twice!"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:I guess you could say he was a session player for Bowie,
That's what I said, you brainless dickhead. SRV was pretty much a nobody when Let's Dance was recorded. His management tried to renegotiate his fees for appearing on the tour and the deal fell through. Whoopdee fuckken do. It happens.

You're the only one making a big deal out of it...because you're clueless and stupid. Carry on.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
That's what I said, you brainless dickhead. SRV was pretty much a nobody when Let's Dance was recorded. His management tried to renegotiate his fees for appearing on the tour and the deal fell through. Whoopdee fuckken do. It happens.

You're the only one making a big deal out of it...because you're clueless and stupid. Carry on.
Looking back at your post, I see that you were referring to SRV at that time. Pardon the fukk outta me.

Not making a big deal, just making an observation about his/his management's treatment of someone who, at the time was admittedly a nobody. And how someone treats nobodies is a better measure of their character than how they treat famous people.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Ziggy played guitar.

Nick didn't.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Looking back at your post, I see that you were referring to SRV at that time. Pardon the fukk outta me.

Not making a big deal, just making an observation about his/his management's treatment of someone who, at the time was admittedly a nobody. And how someone treats nobodies is a better measure of their character than how they treat famous people.
So you finally accepted the fact that it was Bowie's management, not Bowie? And that SRV's management might be at fault for trying to renegotiate?

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Ziggy played guitar.

Nick didn't.
Mick did.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:I expect Smackie Chan is reading this and will have a proper tribute lined up for Tune Town this Friday. He's sentimental like that.
I do. And I am.
"I see everything twice!"
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

yada yada...okay, anyone notice that the form of the title tune, Blackstar, is exactly that of his earlier (best) tune, Station To Station, where the respective pieces are ten to twelve minutes long, but each spend the first five minute as a spiraling build up--and then the real solid song emerges?

C'mon, belly up, name yer favorite Bowie song. Mine?..hmm...The Bewley Brothers. It captures everything about his musicality and utterly otherworldly sensibility.

With our backs on the arch...
Before God was, I am
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I see where David Bowie's ashes are going to be scattered over his favorite retreat spot in upstate NY. Ashes to ashes---"My mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom".
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."