Had an epic dinner last night

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Had an epic dinner last night

Post by trev »

We celebrated the hubby's birthday at a Brazilian steakhouse. Definitely not a place you would go to for a typical non special occasion. Good Lord was it amazing. First they have a salad bar for the ages. I didn't really want to schlep thru the restaurant to get a salad, but it was worth it. I pulled an M2 for the pics, since I didn't take any.

I got a very small salad because then they bring the best polenta on earth to your table, along with plantains and mashed potatoes.

And then the meat starts coming. It sounds savage having meats delivered and cut at your table but it was incredible. Filet mignon, parmesan pork, bacon wrapped chicken, sirloin, sausage, lamb chops.

Can you eat 50 bucks worth of meat, salads and sides? No way. But it was worth every penny.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: Had an epic dinner last night

Post by Diego in Seattle »

trev wrote:Image
Bob!
Can you eat 50 bucks worth of meat
I can if I'm able to find the corner he's working.

Sin,
m2
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Diego, you are making me laugh in several threads now.

:!: :!: :!:

Nice yob.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

We have a Brazilian steakhouse here. I believe ours is around $36. Must be a rule that they have to have a truly extravagant salad bar. You can pay $15 and just do the salad bar. Pretty good eats. They genearlly have 7 or 8 meats available such as parmesan crusted pork, sirloin steak, beef tenderloin, flank steak, chicken, lamb, and a little spicy sausage. Only sauce they offer for meats is chimichurri, so mvscal should approve. Good eats.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Do they have the same sides I mentioned? It's probably the same place. I think it's a chain.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

The only salad bar place we do is Sweet Tomatoes. Load up on the salad bar, six kinds of soups (the Big Chunk Chicken Noodle is a good way to get some meat), baked potatoes, flatbreads, 3 kinds of pasta dishes, desserts including the ubiquitous ice cream sundae machine. If you go away hungry its your own fault. Cost about $20 for two old folks. I leave a couple bucks on the table for the cleaning lady.

"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:Do they have the same sides I mentioned? It's probably the same place. I think it's a chain.
Ours is not part of a chain. It's a local operation called Samba, started by a couple that owns the biggest liquor store on campus. They don't have polenta, but they bring these wonderful little parmesan popovers to your table. The pork sausage is called Linguiça.

We went to a Brazilian steakhouse in Aruba a number of years back, and it was a pretty similar deal.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I wish we had one of those places up here.

My B-day is next Friday, but the gaslamp is too far to go on a Friday night.

We'll probably go to Fresco, which has great Italian, a nice wine list, and is five minutes from my house.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey, try it for lunch when you are in the gaslamp sometime. The price is a lot less for the same food.

We hit up Ghiradellis after. Today I will eat a boiled egg and a couple crackers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

We have a Fogo de Chao here.

Never eaten there.

Sounds awesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

We hava Foca De Chao here as well. Smackie took me there for my birthday a couple years ago. It was delicious. Don't eat anything before you go. The salad bar is huge and the meats are so good. I loved it