Sugar Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Sugar Bowl

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:TV audience would be huge...not just the southeast, but nationwide

RACK!

Sin,
The 2012 BCS Championship Game

:facepalm:
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

If we're considering bowl predictions, the B1G is assured of some tough matchups.

Assuming the undefeateds stay undefeated, FSU will be favored over tOSU.

MSU and Stanford could be a tossup in the Rose and a hell of a game.

Wisky should get the Allbarn-Misery loser in the Capital One Bowl.

Iowa should get South Carolina in the Outback.

Michigan will get shit-hammered by Georgia in the Gator.

Minnesota might be favored over Texas Tech in the Texas Bowl.

Playing for Pellini's job, Nebraska will lose big to Texass in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.

The B1G goes 2-5.

Fuck the Sugar Bowl.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Food for thought, way hypothetical of course...

Assuming tOSU and Stanford win their CCGs, their respective opponents will likely drop a spot or two or three in the BCS rankings (maybe even Mizzou takes a drop, too). If ASU and MSU drop any, Oregon is back in the top 10.

Since people really seemed to want to see Bama/Oregon through much of the season, and since the local hacks claim Oregon gets good national TV ratings over the last few years (love them or hate them, people seem to enjoy the freakshow).

Could happen. I won't hold my breath, but they're trying to sell TV ads, and that would do it. NIU might throw a wrench in that, though.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:If it were to be in the NCG, yeah, I think that would be too much for the nation to withstand!
Well, it's not like we'd go shooting each other over it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Actually, I'd put the Ducks' chances at a BCS bowl at about 50/50.

Still not holding my breath.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Some more food for thought . . .

I think the B1G CCG knocks out any possibility of this happening. Here's why.

If tOSU wins, they play in the NCG, and the Rose Bowl gets one of the first two picks to replace them. They'd like Sparty, of course, but there's a very real chance that Sparty, with a loss to tOSU, gets knocked out of the Top 14, and therefore ineligible for the BCS. So the Rose Bowl has to take a non-B1G team to replace tOSU in that event. Alabama figures to be the top choice.

Conversely, if Sparty wins, that probably puts Auburn in the NCG, assuming they win the SEC CCG.

Best shot for an Auburn-Alabama rematch would be in the NCG, if both tOSU and Florida State lose. The latter is highly unlikely, though.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Arrogance in defeat.

The bammer mindset continues to astound all but Auburnfan, who hears this shit on a daily basis.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
I think the B1G CCG knocks out any possibility of this happening. Here's why.

If tOSU wins, they play in the NCG, and the Rose Bowl gets one of the first two picks to replace them. They'd like Sparty, of course, but there's a very real chance that Sparty, with a loss to tOSU, gets knocked out of the Top 14, and therefore ineligible for the BCS. So the Rose Bowl has to take a non-B1G team to replace tOSU in that event. Alabama figures to be the top choice.
And if this scenario doesn't play out, and it's Sparty vs Stanford or ASU, the the Orange gets first pick. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb saying they'd take Bama, and pair them with whoever would sell the most tickets, and more importantly, get TVs tuned in. That would likely be Oregon or maybe Clemson. They probably wouldn't take another SEC team, since it was a financial disaster last time. Clemson doesn't have a great reputation for traveling (even though it's not far for them). UCF would be a natural choice, since it's close by, and the biggest school in the country. Catch there, is that does anyone think that UCF would do anything but embarrass themselves against Bama?

All we know for sure right now, is that none of the bowl committees want any part of NIU.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

why not? i wouldn't vote for it but the postseason is sort of silly anyway in the hybrid bowl BCS era anyway.

there is a kind of precedent for this. in 1978 #$ Nebraska beat #1 Oklahoma for the Big 8 title in Lincoln. 17-14. Billy Sims fumbled inside the NU 10 (on an amazing run, otherwise) in the last minutes. the Orange Bowl committee voted to invite Oklahoma for a rematch with the Big 8 champs. OU won 31-24 in Miami. NU scored in the final minute as i recall. game wasn't that close.

but, regular season game saved Dr. Tom's job probably, his first win against his hexmaster Switzer, and cost a very very good OU team the MNC.

i've been to the Sugar Bowl and it's an SEC humpfest and a dump of a stadium anyway....i can live without SEC rematches as a matter of course....but if they want it, do it.

i hope Mizzouri wins against Auburn but i ain't betting anything on MU or Pinkel when it matters. though, i still sort of like Pinkel and the jadedness of MU fan.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"