Bowden to retire after 34 seasons

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Bowden to retire after 34 seasons

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Bowden to retire after 34 seasons

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Good riddance to bad (and senile) rubbish.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Why is FSU just handing the keys over to Jimbo Fisher? Why not conduct a coaching search and see if they can't bring in a proven head coach? I'm not saying Fisher can't win at FSU...........maybe he can...........but why not see what is out there before just giving him the job? Me thinks FSU could lure a pretty damn coach to Tallyho. It's not like FSU has been very successful since Fisher came there from LSU. Not saying it's all his fault, but I'm not in favor of hiring a coach from the staff of an underachieving program especially when you've got the ability to land a proven major college head coach.

I suppose we'll know if this is the right decision in a couple of years.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I don't think Bobby's let go on this one yet.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

In fact, I'll call my shot - I think Bobby will take the "figurehead" option tomorrow.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Jon,

Fisher has been TRYING to run the team, but Bobby has counteracted many of his decisions, especially during games.

Look, I know what Bobby did...operative word...'did'. He is 80 years old, and college football takes very very quick thinking on the sidelines, and he just can't do it. Time for him to go.....probably 5 years too late.

And Fisher already has the job. Or didn't you get the memo?
What were we just talking about?
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

PSUFAN wrote:In fact, I'll call my shot - I think Bobby will take the "figurehead" option tomorrow.
I doubt it very much. Even ESPN is reporting he will retire today. He stated yesterday that he wasn't interested in the "figurehead" option. Only way he doesn't retire today, is if Ann Bowden changed his mind last night!
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

TheJON wrote:Why is FSU just handing the keys over to Jimbo Fisher? Why not conduct a coaching search and see if they can't bring in a proven head coach? I'm not saying Fisher can't win at FSU...........maybe he can...........but why not see what is out there before just giving him the job? Me thinks FSU could lure a pretty damn coach to Tallyho. It's not like FSU has been very successful since Fisher came there from LSU. Not saying it's all his fault, but I'm not in favor of hiring a coach from the staff of an underachieving program especially when you've got the ability to land a proven major college head coach.

I don't really understand why they thought so highly of Fisher either. However, I cannot deny what he and Rick Trickett have done to the offense. I am going to call my shot and say "We're Back!" LOL! yeah...it'll take at least 2 years. Probably more like 4.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheChief wrote:
TheJON wrote:Why is FSU just handing the keys over to Jimbo Fisher? Why not conduct a coaching search and see if they can't bring in a proven head coach? I'm not saying Fisher can't win at FSU...........maybe he can...........but why not see what is out there before just giving him the job? Me thinks FSU could lure a pretty damn coach to Tallyho. It's not like FSU has been very successful since Fisher came there from LSU. Not saying it's all his fault, but I'm not in favor of hiring a coach from the staff of an underachieving program especially when you've got the ability to land a proven major college head coach.

I don't really understand why they thought so highly of Fisher either. However, I cannot deny what he and Rick Trickett have done to the offense. I am going to call my shot and say "We're Back!" LOL! yeah...it'll take at least 2 years. Probably more like 4.
So you're going to suffer your ass raping in Norman next year like men and be thankful for the national television exposure on a grand early season stage? How big of you folks... 8)
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
TheChief wrote:

So you're going to suffer your ass raping in Norman next year like men and be thankful for the national television exposure on a grand early season stage? How big of you folks... 8)
Can't wait for that game! I think we keep it close and might just beat your ass if the D can get back together, though it really depends on who we get in here as our DC? Our offense if going to give you big trouble. Ponder WILL be one of the best QB's in the land and the OL will be great.

Not sure we are "thankful" to OU for any television exposure...in the last 30 yrs FSU has been hard to beat as far as television exposure goes....on and off the field unfortunately.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheChief wrote:Can't wait for that game! I think we keep it close and might just beat your ass if the D can get back together, though it really depends on who we get in here as our DC? Our offense if going to give you big trouble. Ponder WILL be one of the best QB's in the land and the OL will be great.

Not sure we are "thankful" to OU for any television exposure...in the last 30 yrs FSU has been hard to beat as far as television exposure goes....on and off the field unfortunately.
I don't think we have much to worry about against your offense this year... we have just about the entire defense returning from a team that finished 7th in the country in defense and gave fewer that 2 TDs a game on average this season against some pretty potent offenses. Gerald McCoy may turn pro but I think most of the other underclassmen are pretty well going to stay put.

Having said that... our offense still scares the shit out of me if something doesn't get fixed on the line.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

TheChief wrote:

Prior to Fishers arrival we could not buy a first down 3 years ago. We have led the ACC in O the past year. Hell we had multiple games were FSU hung up nearly 600 yrds of O but the D could not make a stop.
Now Fisher can go out and get like minded coaches ahd " the same philosapy" will be held by all. Chuck Amato and a few othe old guard coaches really tried to undermind Fisher out of spite.

Fisher was named head coach in waiting a few years ago because every one was negativelly recruiting against FSU stating Bowden would not be there even though he recruited you.

I think Fisher will be an excellent head coach. He has high energy, the kids will play thier guts out for him and he can recruit like a mother. It was he who brought in Greg Reid and McDaniels last year.
He will be a far better HC than Feringy, fergusion, or what ever the hell that guy at Iowas name is.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Screw_Michigan wrote:What if Charlie Ward had played pro football?
Google the following:

Smith, Akili
Couch, Tim
McNown, Cade
Klingler, David
Mirer, Rick

You get the picture, I'm sure.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
TheChief wrote:Can't wait for that game! I think we keep it close and might just beat your ass if the D can get back together, though it really depends on who we get in here as our DC? Our offense if going to give you big trouble. Ponder WILL be one of the best QB's in the land and the OL will be great.

I don't think we have much to worry about against your offense this year... we have just about the entire defense returning from a team that finished 7th in the country in defense and gave fewer that 2 TDs a game on average this season against some pretty potent offenses. Gerald McCoy may turn pro but I think most of the other underclassmen are pretty well going to stay put.

Having said that... our offense still scares the shit out of me if something doesn't get fixed on the line.
I think your line will be OK, it was green as hell going into the season and got beat to hell over the course of the season. Your line probably won't be the Great Wall but it about has to be significantly better than this yearr.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?