Yet ANOTHER Violation By U$C? (LA Times article)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Yet ANOTHER Violation By U$C? (LA Times article)

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote:
Van wrote:'Spray, is USC significantly any more of a cash cow to the NCAA than Bama or OU? Why would USC be off-limits, but OU and Bama aren't? Those two are right there with USC, on the landscape of CF.

2 words, Van - "Television Money". USC has more of a viewing audience than most of the top 10 combined in any average year. Shit - USC is SoCal's pro team as well. Huge, huge, huge viewing audience. In fact - I can't think of a team with a bigger TV viewing audience.
Buttsie, when you get done suckling on Vans grapesack, realize that you wrote some real bullshit there. Sorry, USC doesn't have more of a viewing audience than most of the top 10 combined. Where the fuck did you gleen that nugget from?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Slick Rick will land fUCLA in trouble and recieve sanctions before Carroll and USC do, bank on it.
God, you're an idiot. Before Carroll and USC do? Do you realize you're conceding that SC will inevitably get busted with this take? Who gives a fuck when someone gets busted? It's not a competition.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah but how many are beaners that care nothing about CFB? They'd rather watch the LA Galaxy than $C Football.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Spray -- USC, though dominant on the football field and one of the "faces" of BTPCF, is not the biggest cash cow for the NCAA. Probably not even in the top 5.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

USC is a bit of a cash cow for the west coast tv networks, but they're no more of a cash cow to the NCAA than any number of other programs. The NCAA isn't reaping all that excess tv network money, same as they're not reaping it from ND's deal.

USC was dominant before, and they got penalized by the NCAA. They're not above being penalized now, not if OU, Bama and Florida St aren't.

This argument that USC is somehow "off limits" to the NCAA will never hold water.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Slick Rick will land fUCLA in trouble and recieve sanctions before Carroll and USC do, bank on it.
God, you're an idiot. Before Carroll and USC do? Do you realize you're conceding that SC will inevitably get busted with this take? Who gives a fuck when someone gets busted? It's not a competition.
He is right though. UCLA will get caught before USC there's no doubt about it. Just like USC hoops got caught before UCLA hoops ever will. But the problem is he is forgetting to say the only reason UCLA will be caught before USC.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

I'm pretty sure that locally in So. Cal and in the West $C is the cash cow for the networks. What other marquee program is there out here that ABC can put on TV late in the afternoon? I'm sure an $C game will draw more than any other pac-10 team or west coast, mountain west, team, so in a sense yes they are a cash cow because there really aren't any other teams that will get a big viewing audience.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote: How many people live in SoCal?
Quite a few, but that's not the point. You said they have more of a viewing audience than most of the Top 10 combined.

Granted USC has a huge audience, maybe even the single largest, but it's quite a stretch to say they have more viewership than, let's say, Texas, Florida, and Ohio State combined... much less what might make up the moving target of the remainder of "most of the Top 10".
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Laxplayer wrote:I'm pretty sure that locally in So. Cal and in the West $C is the cash cow for the networks. What other marquee program is there out here that ABC can put on TV late in the afternoon? I'm sure an $C game will draw more than any other pac-10 team or west coast, mountain west, team, so in a sense yes they are a cash cow because there really aren't any other teams that will get a big viewing audience.
No shit. Thanks Captain Obvious.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

No shit. Thanks Captain Obvious.
My pleasure Pvt. Dumbfuck.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Papa Willie wrote: How many people live in SoCal that understand English and don't worship soccer?
Not that many.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

IndyFrisco wrote:Yeah but how many are beaners that care nothing about CFB? They'd rather watch the Chivas USA than $C Football.
Fixed.
Papa Willie wrote:How many people live in SoCal?
36 million in the state in 2008. More than half are in the south. Say 20 million? Most don't give a fuck. Still there's a significant number that do.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.