Sen. Clinton is trying to instigate MURDER!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Sen. Clinton is trying to instigate MURDER!

Post by Risa »

My headline is sensational, but frankly the Clintons and their true believer allies have been treading this line in public for several weeks. This is just the most blatant. It's inappropriate to bring this up like this, nevermind that Bobby's brother is dying himself; this is tactless beyond tasteless. I first saw the real headline on yahoo.....I shook my head. I couldn't believe it.... what is Hillary trying to do? But I thought, why pull up yahoo when can go to liberal blogs to see the deal. the following thread has nearly 1500 responses and counting ... those are 'feminazi Hillary supporters spitting on NARAL as sex traitors for endorsing Obama' numbers:

http://www.dailykos.com/hotlist/add/200 ... laystory//" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hillary needs to chill. Bill needs to stop, himself. Whoever is pushing both of them to commit political suicide needs to drop off the face of the earth.
on a short leash, apparently.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Sen. Clinton is trying to instigate MURDER!

Post by Goober McTuber »

Risa wrote:My headline is sensational
I believe idiotic was the word you were searching for.
Risa

Post by Risa »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Risa wrote:My headline is sensational
I believe idiotic was the word you were searching for.
That'll work, too. Anyway, what's this about this being the catalyst for finally knocking The Bitch out of the race?
will it?
Hillary invokes Assassination of RFK (UPDATED) Hotlist
by foxsucks81 [Subscribe]
Fri May 23, 2008 at 12:58:24 PM MST

For any left who still think she'd be "dreamy" as the V.P., this should put it to rest.

From the New York Post via Americablog:
Hillary Clinton today brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.
This is definitely "Worst Person in the World" material.

For those who don't trust the NY Post, the site has video confirming the statement, and having listened it it myself, it is downright disgusting. Jon Chait was right, she is temperamentally unfit to be president.

UPDATE: Drudge is now Headlining it. So this may take off.

MSNBC is now covering it as well....Keith, you watching?

In a strange way, I'm somewhat grateful that Clinton made this remark, because media coverage of this interview will no longer be about her quixotic V.P quest. Now, it should be completely obvious that Obama could not, and would not, chose this monster as his running-mate. This has been apparent to most of us all along, and I don't think even the corporate media is going to be able to swallow this whopper.

UPDATE II: First Read is reporting Clinton's response:

Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithe just said to a group of reporters in South Dakota -- including Memoli -- that this is "one of the more ridiculous" issues that has come up in a long race. The campaign, he said, will soon send out an official comment.

*** UPDATE *** Here is the official statement from Elleithe: "She was simply referencing her husband in 1992 and Bobby kennedy in 1968 as historical expmales of the nominating contest going well into the summer. Any, any reading into it beyond that is inaccurate."

No, Ms. Elleithe, it is not ridiculous to be upset about Clinton's statement. Barack Obama is the first political figure in a long-time to inspire the downtrodden in the same way that RFK, JFK, and MLK did in the 60's. To make wholly unnecessary references to the assassinations of those great men when discussing your own historic race against Senator Obama is the height of cynicism and disregard for the movement that Senator Obama has created and the adoration his supporters feel for him. It is sick and cowardly, and if the super-delegates have any spine, they'll push you and the monster you work for out of this race promptly.

UPDATE III: Hardball is leading with the story. Could this push her out of the race?
Axelrod is playing it down, very graciously.

Of course Obama's campaign plays shit like this down. That's what they do, because, you know, they're gentlemanly instead of ready-to-nuke.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The reality is that political figures are targets. This is why we have a "Secret Service".
The reality is that Obama, unfortunately, will incur double the "trouble" so to speak - not only does he get the inherent danger any political official gets, he gets to assume the risk a President, Vice President, potential candidate gets - add to that the unfortunate reality that there are fringe groups in this country that are racist - you have a triple threat there.

The reality, raised so graciously by the DNC in 1988, is that Americans need to consider such issues when they vote. "Quayle: just a heartbeat away."

Did she just commit political suicide ? Perhaps, the media will make that decision and people will follow suit.

Did she say this to "instigate murder" ? Risa, seriously go get your head examined. She said it because she is aware of reality and it's the only thing she has left to get into the heads of the remaining Super Delegates. Which is, Obama is a high risk nominee, but if you are going to choose Obama - consider who is a heartbeat away.
Risa

Post by Risa »

JSC, not win what? How is he not going to win the Democratic nomination for President of the United States? It's his. He has won it. It is mathematically impossible for Hillary to beat him, and has been for weeks. Hillary has been faking it by including Michigan and Florida -- intact -- in her press releases when she talks about how close things are popular vote wise and delegate vote wise ; she includes them but removes states like Nevada (there are three others I don't immediately remember). Her math is funky.

Obama won this one.

The problem here is that she was giving an excuse for why she continues to run; and others who are far more knowledgeable than I have stated that even her excuse about Bill is a lie because apparently he had the shit wrapped up before June. She fucked up, because people have been waiting for her to give her reasoning for why she appears to be hoping for a Hail Mary.......................... and her Hail Mary is apparently hoping for the assassination of Barack Obama. Now, there are reports that she's lied about Teddy's illness being on her mind being the reason why she brought up assassination as a reason for her to continue to run, because she's mentioned this shit back in MARCH.

There are crazy people out there, crazier than I am. It's unbelieveable that anyone would say that they're going to stay in a race on the off chance that their rival is murdered. Unbelieveable, and sick.

Tom, I don't know what to believe; or rather, I don't know what I want to believe. I don't like what the Clintons have pulled this election, but wishing for the death of a rival, using the death of a rival like some folks use powerball as a '(racial epithet against whites deleted) retirement plan'... my jaw is still on the floor. That's just wrong.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Risa wrote:There are crazy people out there, crazier than I am.
Bullshit.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Risa, baby. Turn the computer off and come back to bed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Hillary is a competitor.
A fighter.
A warrior.

What do we teach our children?

Killer instinct.
Sometimes say die.

Our youth can learn a lot.

RACK the little lady!
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Bobby42 wrote:Risa, baby. Turn the computer off and come back to bed.
Oh bloody hell.

I din't see THAT one coming.

prolly won't visualize it until 4am when I wake up screaming from some nightmare where a moving quivery choco-pudding humanesque mountain of flesh that smells like a sack of uncooked chickens left out in the sun for 3 days waddles over and flops on top of an old wrinkled fudgicle shaped like a parrot, and they proceed to make sounds that I don't ever wanna hear again. Ever.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It was a classic Freudian Slip, Sam.

For at least a couple of weeks there has been no reason for Clintoon to continue.
She can't win.

The only reason to stay at it is in hopes that there will be some kind of MAJOR Obama meltdown that will drastically shift the dynamics.
Some previously unknown Obama revelation made public.
B.O. stepping on his dick very badly somehow.
Basically something very bad or ... tragic happening to the man.

When she made the very lame (and irrelevant) Kennedy reference, it was right after telling the complete untruth that her husband had not wrapped up the '92 nomination until he won California in June.
Total bullshit, that is.
Yes, technically that was the case, but the fundamental REALITY is that Bubba had long since wrapped it up.
She lied and she knows it, just like the Bosnia bullsheet ... and much other bullsheet she sells.
Her life is bullsheet.
It's her thang.

The RFK assassination in June???

And this means ... what?

She fugged up MAJORLY.

Cue Don Meredith.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Sudden Sam wrote:We've obviously come to the point where no candidate will be able to say anything without immediately issuing an apology.

Clinton' comment is the biggest non-issue quote in the history of politics.

Leave it to the conspiracy-theorists/alarmists/Obamaists to try to make something out of nothing.
99% of the time I completely agree with what you're saying, but I don't in this case. I'm not saying that it was a calculated move on her part, becuase if it was, she's patently retarded. But what her comments inferred was that "I might as well stay in because he might die/get shot". No, I don't think she was advocating such a thing, as I'm sure others of a certain...*ahem*...skin tone might, but it was a stupid, stupid thing to say.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Post by MadRussian »

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i'm going to print this thread, shred it, and fertilize my lawn with it, and watch the grass grow
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Clinton' comment is the biggest non-issue quote in the history of politics.

Leave it to the conspiracy-theorists/alarmists/Obamaists to try to make something out of nothing.
There is some truth to that, but it was still a fuck-up. Today's Washington Post does a fairly good job of explaining why:
Smart candidates don't invoke the possibility of their opponents being killed. This seems so obvious it shouldn't need to be said, but apparently, it needs to be said.

The nation's political science students, our future strategists and campaign managers, would do well to pay attention to this moment. There are taboos in presidential politics, and this is one of the biggest. To raise the specter of a rival's assassination, even unintentionally, is to make a truly terrible thing real. It sounds like one might be waiting for a terrible thing to happen, even if one isn't. It sounds almost like wishful thinking.
"I see everything twice!"
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Well, if the only way to ward off assassination is to pretend it desn't exist, we probably ought to stop all this talk about vice- presidential candidates too- after all, there's only one real need for a vice-president, isn't there? That "president of the senate" thing is just to keep the VP reasonably sober during working hours.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Risa

Post by Risa »

Jsc, what is your opinion on this youtube clip from Fox News (referenced by ObamAtomic at HuffPo)?

"While commenting on Hillary's RFK gaffe, Liz Trotta on Fox News Channel first referred to Barack Obama as "Osama" and then laughed that they should both be killed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYpkvcmog0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This stuff matters. What doesn't matter is whether or not he will win or not -- but it matters that people really believe this. Why? What has Obama done to warrant this type of thing? Is it really about his liberal record? And what will happen to this woman for going here? I know what should happen; but I fear it will not happen. As for Hillary, she has made repeated reference to the reason why she's staying in the race as being that she was 'waiting'. Waiting for what? well, apparently she's waiting for someone to cap Obama. The same goes for all the times anyone associated with her campaign used the words 'catastrophic event' to describe why she continued to stay in the race.

It's disgusting for a candidate to stay in a race holding out hope, not that their rival will fuck up royally, but that they will be killed.

Bobby, you're very kind. I know what you're doing, and I appreciate it. It's cool, though.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

She should not of said that publicly but she said something many may be thinking.

I think Obama is a prime target and not just from Racists either but from the establishment in the same way JFK was knocked off because people that run things did not like JFK's vision and RFK was was going to be the same so they got to him early.

Obama is the same, he is the man of change and many people that have lots to lose (money,power you know the ones that 'really run the country), will not put up with him, he scares the living beejeezus out of them.

I do not want him dead but i think realistically there is a better than usual chance someone will try to take him out either before or after he wins.

I am sure there would be riots, public disobedience if he was assassinated, the aftermath would not be nice and would be felt for generations to come.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Obama is NOT a man of change, Canadian.
It's a total crock.

Our country is headed down the crapper primarily because of a federal government gone ape shit.
B.O. wants more of the same ... and much more.

He wants to leave Iraq, and yeah, that is a change of the moment in foreign policy.
But that's about it.