So how did your team do in the draft?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Re: So how did your team do in the draft?

Post by ChargerMike »

Round 1 (27th) Antoine Cason | More CB 6'0" 190 Arizona
Round 2: Chris Chambers acquired via trade with Miami; Pro Bowl after '05
Round 3: Eric Weddle acquired via trade with Chicago '07
Round 3 (69th)# Jacob Hester | More RB 5'11" 230 LSU
Round 4: Paul Oliver acquired via '07 Supplemental Draft
Round 5 (166th)* Marcus Thomas | More RB 6'2" 215; Texas-El Paso
Round 6 (192nd) DeJuan Tribble | More CB 5'9" 190; Boston College
Round 7 (234th) Corey Clark | More OT 6'5" 315 TEXAS A&M

# From Raiders through Patriots * Compensatory Selection

,...uh, nice second round pick-up :D
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote:I was really hoping to get Dorsey...
Tough shit! :hfal:
I'm not that sold on Ryan.
You will be. Dude's a franchise QB, no doubt about it. I would have loved it if he had fell to the 5th spot, though KC would've prolly traded down to Baltimore just to put the final nails in King Carl's coffin.

Atlanta did exactly what most expected them to do.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

mvscal wrote:I like the Cason pick quite a bit and Chambers and Weddle are already solid starters who should only improve in their 2nd season with the team, so the top three picks were put to good use.

I don't know much about Hester. I'm interested to see what they have planned for him after trading up to get him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

War Wagon wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:I was really hoping to get Dorsey...
Tough shit! :hfal:
I'm not that sold on Ryan.
You will be. Dude's a franchise QB, no doubt about it. I would have loved it if he had fell to the 5th spot, though KC would've prolly traded down to Baltimore just to put the final nails in King Carl's coffin.

Atlanta did exactly what most expected them to do.
I like Ryan simply because when he was a kid he pegged my Mother-In-Law in the head with a baseball by accident (or so I hope not).
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

mvscal wrote:I like the Cason pick quite a bit and Chambers and Weddle are already solid starters who should only improve in their 2nd season with the team, so the top three picks were put to good use.

I don't know much about Hester. I'm interested to see what they have planned for him after trading up to get him.

Antoine Cason is a freak. I put him up there with Desean Jackson as the steals of the draft this year.

My other two predictions in the past are well known....

Frank Gore would be the steal of the draft by getting him in the 3rd round.... and that one speaks for itself.

Alex Smith would be a bust, and the Niners would regret not picking Aaron Rodgers.

Hey Pops,

You see the guy at the bottom of the screen in the gif ???.... that's Highway 77 (Kwame Harris) your new tackle that you spent a shitload on.

See that fine ability in pass protection... J Russell is going to die this year.

McFadden will be a bust, and Bush is the best running back the Raiders have.

If you want to know why McFadden will be a bust at the next level, I'll get into detail for you a bit later.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

.m2 wrote:If you want to know why McFadden will be a bust at the next level, I'll get into detail for you a bit later.
Actually you really don't know, so I'll save you the trouble and tell you to STFU right now about it. Dumbshit.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Papa Willie wrote:Falcons - I ain't too sure. Considering we had 500 picks in the first 7 rounds, I was really hoping to get Dorsey and get maybe a QB later on. I'm not that sold on Ryan.
I agree, 'Spray.

In my eyes, Dorsey and McFadden were the best talents in the draft.
Taking an average-armed QB with mediocre mobility over Dorsey doesn't look like the right move to me.
JMO.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote: McFadden will be a bust...
I said that the minute after the 'duhs drafted him, and I'm not just hating on the Raiders here. He'd be a bust with any team.

Most over-rated back since Harvey Williams.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Why?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Because I said so.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He's young, dumb and black?

Gotcha.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

'tart, did you watch the 2008 Cotton Bowl?

No?

McFadden talked all kinda' shit beforehand, and then got his shit talk stuffed right down his throat to the tune of 38-7.

Tony Temple is a better man than he is, and he didn't even get drafted.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Tart, what do you do with Michael Bush?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Just a truly horrible take.

A cocky guy kid ran his hole and got his shit packed.
Hey, we've never seen that before.

I'm sure the respective lines had nothing to do with the cotton bowl events?
11 on 11.

Lesson learned for young DMac ... one would hope.

I have some concern over his character, honestly, but I think he's gonna make a serious impact ON the field.

I just don't know about Bush, Rumps.
Don't know if he's a legit player.
Don't know if the Raiders think he is.
Just don't know.
Big fucking question mark.

My hope is that he is on the roster and he is a contributor.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote:
Just a truly horrible take.
Why?

Nevermind. I try not to pose horseshit questions like that.

But Tony Temple is the better man.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

<-------takes deep breath

The Texans trading out of the pick when the top OT's were gone was the right move, however, they did not get enough for the pick from Baltimore. They should have held out for a 2nd instead of a 3rd and a 6th. Hell, I would have been happy with a 3rd and a 4th. They didn't get enought for sliding down 8 spots.

1st Round

Duane Brown - OT - Va Tech --- Good pick. Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like a value pick at the 26th spot considering he was ranked in the 50s on most boards, but the Texans didn't have a 2nd rounder and Brown was rated high on their board. He is an athletic and very quick LT who will fit in Alex Gibbs' zpne blocking scheme very well. The only thing I don't like about it is that the kid will not start this year. Its going to take him a year as a student of the game to become good.

3rd Round

Antwaun Molden - CB - Eastern Kentucky --- Who? Evidently he was ranked really low because he is from a small school, but from what I hear, he was ranked high on a lot of GM's boards though because of his height, speed, and aggressive play. I just didn't think he was a third round guy, but word was that he wasn't going to stick around for the 4th round.

Steve Slaton - RB - West Virginia --- I don't know. Yes, he fits the one cut system very well and yes he is quick and compliments Chris Brown's running style, but this guy lacks the toughness of an NFL runner. Slaton tries to avoid contact too much and relies too much on his shiftiness and quickness to avoid getting hit. However, you can;t deny this kid's talent. He's got a lot of it.

4th Round

Xavier Adibi - LB - Va Tech --- Fucking Best Pick of the Texans draft. This kid isn't scared of anything and he is a straight up playmaker. He is an outstanding WLB who has a nose for the ball and a nose for the QB on blitz packages. I think he will have an immediate impact on the Texans special teams unit and I think he will be in on some situational plays that calls for blitzing his rookie year. Morlon Greenwood is on his way out which is good, because I think Adibi's heart and playing style has NFL starter written all over it.

The Rest -

The Texans filled needs with DT Frank Okam and S Dominique Barber. I may be crazy to think this, but Okam is not a guy who gives 100% on every play and is a major underachiever for the ability he had at Texas. I think the Texans ought to try and turn this kid into a guard. Its a project, but you might as well see what he can do for you in that regard.

7th rounder was a QB. Smart move by Kubiak using this pick as a project and he was formerly a quarterbacks coach. Who knows, he might turn Alex Brink into Matt Schaub and someone will want to give us a bunch of picks for him. We'll see.

Overall, I give the Texans a B-
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:You will be. Dude's a franchise QB, no doubt about it..
Besides what you've read or heard, why do you believe that to be true?

I have seen Ryan play in person 3 times and on TV about 20 times. He has the physical tools but never really impressed me as having that "it" quality that all "franchise QB's" seem to have. He might be servicable if his offensive line doesn't get him killed first.

Good luck with that, Atlanta...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:You will be. Dude's a franchise QB, no doubt about it..
Besides what you've read or heard, why do you believe that to be true?
I've seen him play a few times and was very impressed with his ability to stand tall in the pocket under pressure and to roll out and throw on the run, accurately and with some zip on the ball. He just seems to always be in complete control, even when shit is falling apart all around him.

I dunno', just call it a hunch, but this isn't Ryan Leaf reincarnated in my estimation. Granted, there are no sure things when it comes to a college player making the leap to the NFL, but given a decent team around him, I think he's going to be a stud. Don't laugh, but one day he may be compared to Peyton Manning.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:
I dunno', just call it a hunch, but this isn't Ryan Leaf reincarnated in my estimation. Granted, there are no sure things when it comes to a college player making the leap to the NFL, but given a decent team around him, I think he's going to be a stud. Don't laugh, but one day he may be compared to Peyton Manning.

Compared to Manning in that they are both white and play QB.

I saw him play also, and the comeback vs. Va Tech was nice, but necessary only beacuse he hadn't done shit all day.

I can see him being a 2nd level starter in the NFL - maybe a Matt Schaub, Todd Collins type who would do well if surrounded by the right playmekers - But in no way is he all-pro caliber
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

KC Scott wrote:

Compared to Manning in that they are both white and play QB.
I was going to go the "who are two dudes who have never been in my kitchen" route, but I see you working.

As for the Cowboys draft. Looks pretty good on paper. We'll see how it pans out in 5 years.

Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins are solid choices.

A 4th for Pacman jones.

Martellus Bennett is supposed to be a good second TE.
Tashard Choice is supposed to back-up Marion Barber.

We'll see how those shake out.

Overall, I'd say it was a nice draft for some needs. Maybe we can move Anthony Henry to Safety to cover and Roy williams to special teams to replace Keith Davis.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Martellus Bennett will surprise a lot of people. He came from a running college and didn't get a chance to flash his physical and athletic talents. If he can produce at half the level as Witten his rookie season, then the boys don't need to find another receiver.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

If he can perform at half of Witten's level of last year, or half of Witten's level during Witten's rookie year.

I'll take either, btw.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:I saw him play also, and the comeback vs. Va Tech was nice, but necessary only beacuse he hadn't done shit all day.

If my memory serves correctly (doubtful, as per usualm), VT was the #1 ranked defense at the time.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have a fair amount of faith in Ted Thompson’s drafting ability, he has a reasonably good track record. Curious how the last two years his first pick has addressed the deepest area on the team, but I’m very happy he took Brohm to cover his ass when Erin Rodgers hits the IR around week #2.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Matt Ryan will be a good quarterback as long as the staff grooms him for a year or possibly two. No need to throw him out there with the wolves when you have Chris Redman at the helm already.

Besides, Redman can perhaps be this year's Derrick Anderson and turn in a successful year for the Falcons. I'm not saying that is going to happen, but everyone left the Browns season for dead after that showing against Pittsburgh in their opener last year. Redman could be that guy. Who knows.

Let him take the punches and give Ryan a clipboard for a year or two and then bring him in. You never know, Redman might get you a couple of 2nd round picks out of the deal. See Matt Schaub.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Goober McTuber wrote:but I’m very happy he took Brohm to cover his ass when Erin Rodgers hits the IR around week #2.
Yeah, its tough getting used to another QB who gets hurt considering the guy you've had for the past umpteenth years NEVER get hurt. I don't think its fair to label Rodgers as a soft guy until we see him in football shape for a course of a year. I mean, c'mon, you don't think it was branded in the back of his mind that there was no reason to get into conditioning and game shape because the guy ahead of him never missed a game?

I know these guys are professionals and should always prepare for the worse, but I'm sure there were some reps taken off in the locker room or some bending, flex, and stretching drills not done fully because there was no point.

I'm sure Rodgers will be ready and for the most part healthy next year.

I do, however, like the Brohm pick. Gives Rodgers motivation to play his ass off.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:So...would you characterize Redman as an efficient QB, Rumps?
Yeah, I would. The funny thing is this guy put up the numbers last year for the 5 games he played, but it did not translate into Ws. Probably has something to do with that shitty Falcons defense.

You know, I forgot about DJ Shockley's season ending knee inkury last year during the pre-season. Hell, the Falcons have options with him coming back and Redman. Atlanta is in a tough position 'cus you have two possible QBs who can get you draft picks. How do you know which one to play?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:You play the one with the longterm upside which means you play Ryan and see what you've got.

I disagree. And I will tell you why.

See David Carr.

A suspect O-line gets you nowhere in developing a QB. Peyton Manning was probably the exception.

Let Ryan learn the system for a year and use Shockley or Redman as trade bait for the '09 draft. Falcons want to rebuild. And giving Ryan the reps early ain't the way to do it.

So far, it seems to have worked out for Rivers. Just think if that guy had a decent receiver for a full year.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I don't think its fair to label Rodgers as a soft guy until we see him in football shape for a course of a year. I mean, c'mon, you don't think it was branded in the back of his mind that there was no reason to get into conditioning and game shape because the guy ahead of him never missed a game?

I know these guys are professionals and should always prepare for the worse, but I'm sure there were some reps taken off in the locker room or some bending, flex, and stretching drills not done fully because there was no point.
If that’s truly the case, then I hope he hits the IR in week #1. Of the preseason. Oh yeah, you’re only getting paid several million dollars. No reason to keep yourself in the best shape possible.

Not to mention the fact that it’s the National Fucking Football League. Any one can get seriously hurt at any time. You owe it to your teammates to be ready. I think the guy’s just brittle.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

You know who I do like? Chad Henne.

I think that guy is a football player. I think he is tough and has just enough of the intangibles to play in this league for a long time.

I think he can become a great QB for the Fins. Great pick.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:You know who I do like? Chad Henne.

I think that guy is a football player. I think he is tough and has just enough of the intangibles to play in this league for a long time.

I think he can become a great QB for the Fins. Great pick.
No mobility and a long slow delivery. Yeah, he's got Hall of Fame written all over him.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RumpleForeskin wrote:.... and use Shockley or Redman as trade bait for the '09 draft.

:lol:

Yeah... I am sure the rest of the league will be lining up for a 31 year old "never was" with exactly 10 NFL starts to his credit.

As for Shockley... he'll be bagging groceries by the time the 08 season begins.

Trade bait? Fucking rack that shit. That is Sig Worthy stupid...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Okay, moron, look at his numbers from last year in his five starts and try to tell me with a straight face that if he repeats what he did in '08, teams won't come asking for his services.

Minnesota was willing to give up a 3rd for Sage Rosenfels and last I checked, dude is on the wrong side of 30 just like Redman. Yeah, if Redman puts together a decent season of 20 TDs and 12 INTs, teams will call for his services and they will pay for it.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Frank Rizzo wrote:WE FUCKING DOIMIONATED BITCHES LOOKS OUT ALL YOU BITCH BRONDCO AND CHARGER FANS WE FUCKIGN GOT SOME BASDAASS PLAYERS

MCFADDERN BITCHES!!!
fyi.....if there are any NEWBIES looking at this---->this POST will be DELETED.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Qbert wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:WE FUCKING DOIMIONATED BITCHES LOOKS OUT ALL YOU BITCH BRONDCO AND CHARGER FANS WE FUCKIGN GOT SOME BASDAASS PLAYERS

MCFADDERN BITCHES!!!
Fucking Nazi mods.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Qbert wrote:

MCFADDERN BITCHES!!!
Fucking Nazi mods.
Zeig~heil....cheeze~maker.

send me a Keg of Blatz and things might change.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

RumpleForeskin wrote:Okay, moron, look at his numbers from last year in his five starts and try to tell me with a straight face that if he repeats what he did in '08, teams won't come asking for his services.
He won't repeat the performance... that's the whole point.

He's spent most of his "career" not even good enough to be a 3rd string NFL QB... moreover, dumbfuck...his former college coach is no longer coach of Atlanta. I doubt he'll even make the team this year. Maybe the Austin Wranglers will take him back...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I like the Kevin Smith pick in the third round. The Lions passed on Mendenhall twice in the first round and figured they'd get a back in the draft somewhere. Gotta give them some credit for going with a player at position of need rather than going for the flashy choice in the first round. Cherilus will likely step in and start at right tackle right away. I'll the draft a C+...a mediocre mark but a passing grade nonetheless.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:The Lions passed on Mendenhall twice in the first round and figured they'd get a back in the draft somewhere. Gotta give them some credit for going with a player at position of need rather than going for the flashy choice in the first round. Cherilus will likely step in and start at right tackle right away. I'll the draft a C+...a mediocre mark but a passing grade nonetheless.
Thank you Matt Millen. :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Truth be told...I've never heard of any of the guys they picked other than Smith. The C+ is kind of a 'speaking out of my ass grade'. I don't want to call it a failure just because I've not heard of the guys they took. They players at need positions with the exception of corner.