things that are more boring than the draft?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

you start.

it's hilarious to see NFL zealots and talk-radio morons like "JT the Brick" become "experts" on the college game overnight armed with stats, and shuttle times, and world-historical importance.

you been had.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: things that are more boring than the draft?

Post by King Crimson »

i'll save you this one:

1. posts by King Crimson

2. posts referencing bleeding pussies and AFC West rivals.

3. posts trying to "cleverly" to combine 1 and 2.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

How about, "if it bores you, don't watch it"? That usually works for me if there is something on TV that I am not interested in.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't watch it.
"
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Then don't TALK about it.

Problem solved.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

About 40 million people watch at least some part of the draft, making it the most watched NFL event other than the Super Bowl.

Fans of all 32 teams have a vested interest, so those numbers aren't hard to believe or understand. What's hard to understand is how a bigtime CFB dork would so disdain the main reason why many upper echelon CFB players are working so hard and playing in the first place... the dream of someday getting paid.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I skipped most of the first day of the draft because I watching the Wings and the Tigers. The importance of the draft is not in proportion to how unwatchable the event actually is on TV. It's the one thing in sports which is probably just as good not to watch at all and just read about it later as it is to actually watch and suffer through the minutia on why this lineman won't be good because of one clip of a single play showing he didn't turn his hips properly or has bad footwork. It's the ultimate football nerd event. That being said, I do have the Day 2 coverage on now just because it's something to watch in the morning. If they had started Day 1 at noon like they used to do...I would've watch the first three hours leading in the Wings game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Things more boring than the NFL draft.

- a Wolfman post
- Idaho
- cricket
- Paul v. Goober
- being a cow
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:Things more boring than the NFL draft.

- a Wolfman post
- Idaho
- cricket
- Paul v. Goober
- being a cow
You know you enjoy our playful banter, you TALL fucking RETARD.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Did not watch 1 second of the draft. Did not even see who was drafted until Sunday afternoon.

Glad to see the Titans picked up a dude from Winston Salem that was not even on the NFL's draft board. :meds:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

How about listening to Sooner Nation go on and on about HS recruiting.....

Is that a good enough answer?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Shopping for clothes with the OL is about the only thing I can come up with right now.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:Shopping for clothes with the OL is about the only thing I can come up with right now.
Try a baby shower.

Fortunately I came prepared with beer and promptly retired to the living room with the rest of the men and watched the NFL Draft. Pretty fucking exciting stuff compared to baby name games.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

My God Man, you attended a baby shower? Go and reclaim your balls and dignity before you submit another post here again.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

atomicdad wrote:My God Man, you attended a baby shower? Go and reclaim your balls and dignity before you submit another post here again.
Maybe you missed the jist of my post. The GUYS walked our asses to the living room and watched the fucking draft.

I've already told my wife that if she does any couples baby showers I will fight her.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

BSmack wrote:
atomicdad wrote:My God Man, you attended a baby shower? Go and reclaim your balls and dignity before you submit another post here again.
Maybe you missed the jist of my post. The GUYS (very generous use of the word) walked our asses to the living room and watched the fucking draft.

I've already told my wife that if she does any couples baby showers I will fight her.
Your post was very clear, you were in a house when a baby shower was occuring, why? I'm suggesting that your wife has your shriveled manhood locked in a box in her purse.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: Men don't go to baby showers.
Apparently, there was an entire room full of these nancy boys. At least it was Bri's baby being showered, so his presence is somewhat excusable, (not really) but I wonder what the rest of those "guys" were doing there?

And with that group, why bother watching the draft? Shoulda' just flipped over to the Soap network where I'm sure there had to be an All My Children marathon going.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:Men don't go to baby showers.
Apparently, there was an entire room full of these nancy boys. At least it was Bri's baby being showered, so his presence is somewhat excusable, (not really) but I wonder what the rest of those "guys" were doing there?
This one was for a family friend. My boy's showers will be next month. And I won't be attending any of those. My wife knew better than to even try flying a "couples shower" up the flagpole. This affair was billed as a "baby shower/barbeque". Us guys availed ourselves of the barbeque, but politely passed on the "baby name games" and whatever other crap the ladies were intending on doing after the eats had been consumed in favor of beer drinking and draft watching.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

While I've never been to a baby shower, I'm pretty sure it is more exciting than the NFL Draft.

About the only thing I can think of more boring than the NFL Draft is reading a Risa post at church.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
mvscal wrote:Men don't go to baby showers.
This one was for a family friend. My boy's showers will be next month. And I won't be attending any of those. My wife knew better than to even try flying a "couples shower" up the flagpole. This affair was billed as a "baby shower/barbeque". Us guys availed ourselves of the barbeque, but politely passed on the "baby name games" and whatever other crap the ladies were intending on doing after the eats had been consumed in favor of beer drinking and draft watching.

So what you do is box up some sausages and some rocks and have your wife drop them on the coffee table in front of the "men" as prosthetic replacements.

"Men". sheesh. Now I've heard it all!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Living in Kansas City. :hfal:
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

PISC wrote:Living in Kansas City. :hfal:
Your point, dipshit? :meds:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.