Dungver Fan

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Dungver Fan

Post by RumpleForeskin »

We acquired Safety Nick Ferguson and Center Chris Meyers. I know Ferguson isn't really starter material, but he looks like a serviceable backup. Meyers looks to be a legit starting center in the league with Denver's 4.6 ypc average last year. Any more you can share about these guys?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Dungver Fan

Post by Felix »

RumpleForeskin wrote:We acquired Safety Nick Ferguson and Center Chris Meyers. I know Ferguson isn't really starter material, but he looks like a serviceable backup. Meyers looks to be a legit starting center in the league with Denver's 4.6 ypc average last year. Any more you can share about these guys?
Ferguson worked himself into the starting rotation back in 06, but suffered a severe knee injury in the 10th game of the season....in 2007 he was primarily a nickel back....the knee injury probably scares Shannahan......

Meyers has been a rotation and/or injury backup guy, so I'm not that familiar with him......

Kubiack knows them both very well, so I'm guessing he has some kind of plan for them....
get out, get out while there's still time
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:I have never even heard of either of these two slappies, but the simple fact that they were signed as free agents by the Texans means that they are no better than mediocre like every other free agent bust the Texans signed.

They said they wanted to build through the draft. Their offense is one explosive RB and a solid LT away from being one of the better units in the league, so acquiring role players whom Kubiak is familiar with is better than going all out for one big name in the free agent crop. Besides, the free agent crop was pretty weak this year anyways with receivers taking most of the headlines. And that is an area where the Texans are strong.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Don't forget a QB who can finish a season.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Headhunter wrote:Don't forget a QB who can finish a season.
Yeah, he took some serious shots from the Tennessee d-line no doubt. I think Carr was probably tougher physically, but I never once saw Carr take the a shot like the one Haynesworth put on Schaub. That was bad.

Schaub will probably condition himself this season to be a more durable QB. I think being a backup QB, they don't focus on this type of conditioning as much, so we'll see.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I think being a backup QB, they don't focus on this type of conditioning as much, so we'll see.
Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. So you're telling me that since you don't start a game, that you don't condition (lift weights, cardio, etc.) yourself to play in a game? At the NFL level? That might apply to a pimply faced retard playing third string on the JV team, but when you have 250lb linebackers running 4.5 40's, you better condition yourself to be in the best shape of your life.

Try again Frumpy.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote: I think being a backup QB, they don't focus on this type of conditioning as much, so we'll see.
Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. So you're telling me that since you don't start a game, that you don't condition (lift weights, cardio, etc.) yourself to play in a game? At the NFL level? That might apply to a pimply faced retard playing third string on the JV team, but when you have 250lb linebackers running 4.5 40's, you better condition yourself to be in the best shape of your life.

Try again Frumpy.
Agreed- pretty much 100% of ALL NFL backup QBs condition themselves and train as if they're going in on the next play.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

DallasFanatic wrote:Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. So you're telling me that since you don't start a game, that you don't condition (lift weights, cardio, etc.) yourself to play in a game? At the NFL level? That might apply to a pimply faced retard playing third string on the JV team, but when you have 250lb linebackers running 4.5 40's, you better condition yourself to be in the best shape of your life.

Try again Frumpy.

I'm just saying there might be a certain type of conditioning that is predicated on durability and then there is conditioning that focuses on all areas. I'm not saying this IS the case, but I've seen a lot of instances where the backup gets injured soon after he replaces the starter. Not sure if its related to the weightroom or not, but it does raise the question.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I'm just saying there might be a certain type of conditioning that is predicated on durability and then there is conditioning that focuses on all areas. I'm not saying this IS the case, but I've seen a lot of instances where the backup gets injured soon after he replaces the starter. Not sure if its related to the weightroom or not, but it does raise the question.
There is a certain type of conditioning a QB gets in order to absorb repeated shots by the defense.

It's called playing.