Dinsdale, Jayduck

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

The Seer
Just the Facts

Dinsdale, Jayduck

Post by The Seer »

The only thing worse than having Dorrell "coach" your team is to lose to a Dorrell "coached" team.

What's the chatter around Eugene been like since your debacle Saturday?

Any heat on your coach?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I have a feeling that there were a few injuries that should be considered as a factor here.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

That performance doesn't bode well for the ducks in '08. This year was their big shot and Dixon going down killed it.

Dorrall is capable of losing to anyone but he does seem to scabdick wins out just in time to save his ass. Does he have one more life left? Can he beat USC twice in a row? I really doubt it but with this guy you never quite know.

So if you are UCLA-fan who do you root for? Can you still fire him if he 'bodes USC again?
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Most of the ucLabia people I know want to lose to USC this weekend. :meds:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote:I have a feeling that there were a few injuries that should be considered as a factor here.

Certainly NOT to defend Dorrell, but UCLA leads the conference in starters lost due to injuries
this season....4th string QB, 4th string RB, 2nd TE, 2nd FB, 2nd WR, etc. etc. etc... as our starters....

Mikey, a little homework next time, k?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Most of the ucLabia people I know want to lose to USC this weekend. :meds:

I would be willing to endure another season of putrid coaching for the opportunity to once again
derail SuC plans for an elite bowl appearance....

That said, Lloyds of London turned down Ben Olson's request for insurance for Saturday....

If you somehow lose next week, my pleasure would approach orgasmic levels...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Mikey wrote:I have a feeling that there were a few injuries that should be considered as a factor here.

Certainly NOT to defend Dorrell, but UCLA leads the conference in starters lost due to injuries
this season....4th string QB, 4th string RB, 2nd TE, 2nd FB, 2nd WR, etc. etc. etc... as our starters....

Why?

UCLA never crossed the threshold of being even reasonably interesting.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I don't want to hear about injuries, we've had more than our fair share as well. Every program has to deal with them and whining about it is a waste of peoples' time.

Seer, we'll do our best to help you end the Dorrell years. Pete needs some strange again...
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:I don't want to hear about injuries, we've had more than our fair share as well. Every program has to deal with them and whining about it is a waste of peoples' time.
Injuries are a big factor and can't be discounted, but...

... if you use those injuries as an excuse for why you got rolled and shut the fuck out by a bottom feeder, then you didn't have much of a team to begin with.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote:
The Seer wrote:

Why?

Then why intrude on the discussion?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

UCLA is a freaking MASH-unit. Every team has injuries but they have been swamped this season. Of course those injuries don't excuse turning the freaking ball over seven times a losing to ND or getting smacked by Wazzou.

Dorrall got himself a temporary reprieve last week, it will be interesting to see if he can somehow drag his MASH-unit to victory and another year on the hotseat. This has been a funky year, one more upset could still be in the bag.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

michigan had its share of injuries to contend with: chad henne's shoulder, mike hart's ankle, a judge's malfeasance [carson butler should've been locked up for sake of his 23,438 missed blocks/holding calls], and the entire coaching staffs' brain damage.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Me, as ever being the half-full kind of guy, 8) , sees this game as win-win.

Win, you fukked SCum again.

Lose, you get a new coaching staff.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Mikey wrote:
The Seer wrote:

Why?

Then why intrude on the discussion?
'Cause I'm an asshole.

Tell me you knew.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Dinsdale, Jayduck

Post by Dinsdale »

The Seer wrote: What's the chatter around Eugene been like since your debacle Saturday?

Pretty much angry outcries for Bellotti's head on a platter.

And who can blame the fans? Brady Leaf ain't all that bad -- there might be a reason he's been on scholarship for 5 years. So, your duck-and0chuck Heisman favorite tears an ACL... do you go through some plays better suited to your more-traditional style QB?

Of course not.

Draw up some play your 5th-stringer can run, maybe some that utilize your borderline-All-American RB?

Why would anyone do that?

Kind of begs the question -- what, exactly, has Brady Leaf been doing in practice the last 3 years since the spread-option came along? He obviously wasn't taking any snaps, or working with the OC on plays better suited to his abilities.

Why even bother having him in practice? Just put his name on the roster, and have him go to the library and study for his classes, if that's the case.

The struggles against Zona and UCLA were as bad an example of incompetant coaching as you'll ever see. And Chip Kelley looked like such a genius... with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Ain't looking too bright right about now.

Sure, injuries were a huge opart... welcome to Big Time Football. But hell, they were still getting it done after putting a waterboy at WR (who also went down to injury shortly thereafter), but they had no contingency for a QB injury/injuries. Sure, they got into the 5th string against UCLA, but with DD out and Brady on a bum wheel, the 5th stringer should have gotten plenty of reps.

But it gets worse -- Brady still has two bum wheels, and is very doubtful for the Civil War.

With the dropback, immobile stiffs they've been recruiting at QB for the spread, it looks like OS can get its first win in Eugene in a long time... which will hurt. Sheepfuckers are kinda like Mizzou/KU fans -- invisible and silent, until they win a few games, and then they become intolerable.

Fuck... anyone know of any super-quick option QBs whose fathers need managerial jobs at Nike? If so, pass along their phone number, TIA.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Re: Dinsdale, Jayduck

Post by Danimal »

Dinsdale wrote:
The Seer wrote: What's the chatter around Eugene been like since your debacle Saturday?

Pretty much angry outcries for Bellotti's head on a platter.

And who can blame the fans? Brady Leaf ain't all that bad -- there might be a reason he's been on scholarship for 5 years. So, your duck-and0chuck Heisman favorite tears an ACL... do you go through some plays better suited to your more-traditional style QB?

Of course not.

Draw up some play your 5th-stringer can run, maybe some that utilize your borderline-All-American RB?

Why would anyone do that?

Kind of begs the question -- what, exactly, has Brady Leaf been doing in practice the last 3 years since the spread-option came along? He obviously wasn't taking any snaps, or working with the OC on plays better suited to his abilities.

Why even bother having him in practice? Just put his name on the roster, and have him go to the library and study for his classes, if that's the case.

The struggles against Zona and UCLA were as bad an example of incompetant coaching as you'll ever see. And Chip Kelley looked like such a genius... with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Ain't looking too bright right about now.

Sure, injuries were a huge opart... welcome to Big Time Football. But hell, they were still getting it done after putting a waterboy at WR (who also went down to injury shortly thereafter), but they had no contingency for a QB injury/injuries. Sure, they got into the 5th string against UCLA, but with DD out and Brady on a bum wheel, the 5th stringer should have gotten plenty of reps.

But it gets worse -- Brady still has two bum wheels, and is very doubtful for the Civil War.

With the dropback, immobile stiffs they've been recruiting at QB for the spread, it looks like OS can get its first win in Eugene in a long time... which will hurt. Sheepfuckers are kinda like Mizzou/KU fans -- invisible and silent, until they win a few games, and then they become intolerable.

Fuck... anyone know of any super-quick option QBs whose fathers need managerial jobs at Nike? If so, pass along their phone number, TIA.
Good coaches adjust. I remember back in '94 when Frazier and Berringer were down we beat a good KSU with a walk-on qb. We did what Oregon should've, ran the piss out of our stud-rb. UCLA should've gotten steady-doses of Stewart and Johnson with some play-action and screen-passes to keep the D honest. Instead Bellotti and Co. did what KSU did in '03, El Roberson went down and they had some slow walk-on type in, they tried to so run the same plays they did with El and they lost to freaking Marshall. All they had to to was run the hell out of Sproles and they win that game.

Oregon had way too many weapons outside the qb-position to not put-up some points on UCLA. Oregon isn't going to win a shoot-out without Dixon but they should've been able to get the necessary 17pts for the W.