OU/MU Big12 Title Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

OU/MU Big12 Title Game

Post by Adelpiero »

Wags,Dunce, and KCPaul, fire away!

in for a Sig bet, wasn't in for KU game, why take from the poor, and i didn't honestly think KU was almost 30 points better than the asskicking they took in Columbia, when they whored out to KC, they lost their shot. Poor coaching and Poor soft prevent defense made the game closer than it was.

i expected a big season, and Pinkel has finally stepped up. I would of been happy with a Holliday Bowl bid this year.(start the season) Now they have a big chance to play ? in bcs title game if they can win in San Antonio. Now people realize why Big10 and Pac10 fans are happy with no Title games, they get to sit at home and watch others take themselves out of it.(pac10 does play later in season, unlike big10)

I have no opinion of game yet. To say Mu doesn't have a shot is laughable, will they win, that's a huge stepping stone that i'm not sure this team is ready for. I have always said, "Show ME" . They had to prove they could win @CU,@KST, and beat OU. They took 2 of the 3 big steps, they get another chance to Play OU. Regardless of the outcome, there is nothing that can take anything away from MU and this season results.

PS I won't buy the,"we'll, they had a letdown after the KU game". shit, this team either steps up or they lost to a better team. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

This is for Bace, this will change the mojo for big12 title game

GO Mizzou

edit
Last edited by Adelpiero on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Re: OU/MU Big12 Title Game

Post by RadioFan »

Adelpiero wrote:Not in for a Sig bet
Yeah, because those are so meaningful. :meds:

Lot of faith you have in your team, Adel.

Agree somewhat about the conference championship game, though. Think the Big XII honks in Dallas want OU winning so that a conference team won't be in the MNC game? Hell, if I were a fan of any other team in the conference (other than KU, perhaps), I'd want Mizzou to win, just so that the Big XII can represent.

Should be a great game in SA on Saturday night.

I don't relish taking on the role of Spoiler Fan since I don't hate Mizzou and am happy to see them having such a phenomenal season. Plus, the idea of tOSU backing their way into the MNC isn't exactly what I'm hoping for ... the Sooner Schooner is about to collapse, btw, with the weight of tOSU fan jumping on.

It's been funny listening to the local radio honks debate the BCS rankings and this game today ... ah, what a week to be off.

The topic today started with morons in the stadium in Norman chanting to "fire Venables" on Saturday, during the OSU game. One guy actually called in to say that Venables blows as a DC, which about put the hosts in an absolute tizzy. Funny shit.

Good luck, Mizzou Fan. Boomer Fucking Sooner.

p.s. IN on a sig bet, until the first bowl game, fuckers.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Btw, I'd really love to see tOSU play USC in the Rose Bowl. That would be a game for the ages.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Code: Select all

Adelpiero wrote:
Not in for a Sig bet

Yeah, because those are so meaningful. Rolling Eyes

fuck you, i'm in
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Adelpiero wrote:

Code: Select all

Adelpiero wrote:
Not in for a Sig bet

Yeah, because those are so meaningful. Rolling Eyes

fuck you, i'm in
:lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote:the Sooner Schooner is about to collapse, btw, with the weight of tOSU fan jumping on.
That gets a hearty bwa-haha from this sector.
ah, what a week to be off.
You too, eh? Yes, it is a great week to be off. I'm going to call in to the (KU biased) local radio shows just to taunt Jayhawk fans until they get red in the face and melt the fuck down all over the KC airwaves. Gawd, but I hate those arrogant assholes.

They were running their mouths like a stuck terlet before the game how they were gonna' kick ass, and now are trying to justify and rationalize getting beat by a far superior team because, get this, the game was played at Arrowhead. Seriously, there's a loud contingent of them that want Lew Perkins fired for allowing just that.

And the radio hacks are clucking their toungues at Mizzou fan for wanting to rub it in, when you can damn sure bet that's what they'd do if they had won. Fuck That Noise. It's still The Border War, and last I checked, to the victor go the spoils.

Eternal SCOREBOARD, jaybitches. We're NEVER going to let you forget 11/24/07.

err...sorry for getting OT, couldn't help myself.
Good luck, Mizzou Fan. Boomer Fucking Sooner.
While I appreciate those sentiments RF, you and I both know that no matter what we think or say, luck has nothing to do with it. This game comes down to the players on the field, the coaches preparation, and hopefully some competent, unbiased officiating.

I read another take from an OU fan somewhere, KC I believe, who said that if Mizzou is happy just to be there, they'll get rolled. I agree with that, but certainly don't think that'll be the case.

I think they're still incredibly hungry, and scrawny little jayhawk was just an appetizer for the main course. No, they want something that's going to stick to their ribs and be far more satisfying. They want some Sooner flesh, and they also want revenge. Can they get it? Now that's another question.

Honestly, I believe these two teams are fairly equal across the board. The fact that OU is actually favored by 3 is another slap in the face, but oh well. KU was favored also, and we saw how that worked out. I'm not sure that you want to be the favorite in a game like this.

Yeah, you guys won the 1st match-up in convincing fashion, but there's two big differences in this game.

1. The games in San Antonio. Sorry, but OU isn't the same away from Norman.

2. Tony Temple is 100% and running like an uncaged animal now. He didn't even travel with the team to Norman.

Anyways, I'm rambling here, so I'll just end this post saying that this game will come down to execution (how trite, but how true).

Mizzou - 38
Oklahoma - 34
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

RadioFan wrote:Btw, I'd really love to see tOSU play USC in the Rose Bowl. That would be a game for the ages.
The downside is that we already have a home-and-home with them for 2008/2009. That would be three asskickings of the Buckeyes in a two year span. Kinda boring if you ask me. :)
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Gameday confirmed for Big12 title game

fuck herbie and lee

atleast chris will get off of KU's nutz now
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

RadioFan wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:Hell, if I were a fan of any other team in the conference (other than KU, perhaps), I'd want Mizzou to win, just so that the Big XII can represent.
You'd think so, however....
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:The downside is that we already have a home-and-home with them for 2008/2009. That would be three asskickings of the Buckeyes in a two year span. Kinda boring if you ask me.
Damn. I didn't realize Carson Palmer had some eligibility left. Oh... oh, he doesn't? Oh... okay. :lol:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:Hell, if I were a fan of any other team in the conference (other than KU, perhaps), I'd want Mizzou to win, just so that the Big XII can represent.
You'd think so, however....
errr, what?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
RadioFan wrote: You'd think so, however....
errr, what?
he fucked up his quote. that had nothing to do with me

he quoted radiofan

then said he would root against MU, even though it would knock out a chance for a big12 team to win the national title.

typical nub
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It does suck that OU doesn't have the same stakes riding on this game as Mizzou does. Not that the game is gonna' mean any less to the Sooners or that they won't prepare just as thoroughly. A Big XII Title would be stakes enough.

But I just don't relish playing them quite as much when there's even the slightest hint that they're simply playing the spoilers role.

I know that's not the case, they know that's not the case, but sure enough some pud puller is going to discount a Mizzou win (if it happens) by saying that they laid down or that the conference fix was in.

Likewise, if OU wins, it'll be no shame on Mizzou, but still sad to me that you guys won't have a chance to represent at the MNC.

Why'd you guys have to go and freaking lose to Taco Tech?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

e wrote:at least we won't be subjected to musburger calling one of the teams "the manginos." if i hear "the pinkels" or "young daniel" even one time, i may be in the market for a new tv.
That's why you need to listen to the game on the Tiger Network (980am)- I could only take about a half of Cuntberger's ramblings before going MUTE on the TV and firing up the radio to hear Mike Kelly's brilliant play-by-play.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yeah, but you'd also have to listen to John Kadlec, so pick your poison.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:Yeah, but you'd also have to listen to John Kadlec, so pick your poison.
True, but he sounds like a rocket scientist compared to Cuntsberger.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Wags wrote:Why'd you guys have to go and freaking lose to Taco Tech?
I know, right! I still can't believe my pass happy game plan with a greener-than-Al-Gore backup QB didn't work against one of the worst run defenses in the country. I mean, it's not like I had three great running backs at my disposal.

Sincerely,

Kevin Wilson

So true, Kevin. I likewise was stunned when my decision to stop blitzing and start playing a soft zone backfired. I mean, it's not like the defense needed to step up and make big plays because our offense was in shambles.

Sincerely,

Brent Venables
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Tough one to call

Mizzou's O has brought it every game. Having Temple rolling this time will make a difference. Hopefully Coffman can play, read that he retweaked his ankle. Mizzou's D is going to have to make some big plays and force Bradford to make some freshman mistakes.

OU has the better D and they have a lot of big-game experience. I was impressed with the way OU dominated Saturday. I though OSU would play them tight in the bedlam-game.

I'll give OU a slight edge. It will likely be a shoot-out. Hopefully Mizzou has one more bullet at the end of it all so they can play for all the marbles.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: errr, what?
he fucked up his quote. that had nothing to do with me

he quoted radiofan

then said he would root against MU, even though it would knock out a chance for a big12 team to win the national title.

typical nub
I did fuck up the quote, but I've pretty much pulled for OU after the Corn all my life. Just the way it is I guess. Wilkenson, (not so much) Fairbanks, and my personnal favorite Barra and all those great games and players.
Does Missouri winning the NC mean jack shit to anyone in the conference come next August..? Probbly not considering you'll be #5 to start next season and we're all back to square 1. You won't get any respect to start '08 and it will piss you off. Hey, I've always believed if you finish #1 you stay there till you get beat, I've seen it from NU's perspective that that's not the way it works.
Hey...if you win the NC this year, I'm all good with it! Honestly. I'll pull for you in the NC game , but what I don't get is Missouri fan hated Pinkel one short year ago...errr...4 months ago..and now not a peep.
Seems Missouri fans come and go pertaining to success, not saying that defines our fine Tiger posters on our favorite message board, but if the Cardinals, Rams, Royals, or Blues are contenders, the MU Tigers are an after thought at 8-4.

Sad but true, it's a point of discussion in Nebraska concerning the 3 deep depth chart from Omaha to Chadron even in May.

I was a Roger Werhlie, Bobby Lane, Dan Devine fan to be sure. Hell Devine coached my Packers. Games with Missouri were the toughest outside of OU when I was a kid.
Fond memories. Bitchin' team colors to boot.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

This OU/Mizzou game is a complete mystery to me. It's one of those games that could be very close or could be a blowout in either team's favor. If Oklahoma keeps the edge it developed in the week of practice following the loss to Tech, they have a good chance. If they revert to the deer-in-the-headlights team we've seen in recent "big" games, Mizzou will light them up.

I'll make a homer pick and assume that the good OU team shows up.

Oklahoma 42
Missouri 35

IN for a sig bet. If Oklahoma wins, Wags, Adel, et. al. wear the following sig:

"Chase Daniel is fat, Jeremy Maclin is slow, and Gary Pinkel is clueless. Mizzou and the Big 12 North are still OU's bitch."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Stoops wrote: IN for a sig bet. If Oklahoma wins, Wags, Adel, et. al. wear the following sig:

"Chase Daniel is fat, Jeremy Maclin is slow, and Gary Pinkel is clueless. Mizzou and the Big 12 North are still OU's bitch."
Hey!

No fair getting in a cheap shot sig before the bell has even rung for Round 1.

But I see how you roll, and won't be pulling any punches if/when it comes to time to fashion YOUR sig.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

War Stoops wrote:Mizzou and the Big 12 North are still OU's bitch."
Make him amend this Mizzou fan!
Sincerely,
The Colorado Buffaloes
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Cornhusker wrote:Make him amend this Mizzou fan!
Sincerely,
The Colorado Buffaloes
I'd say 28-4 in Stoops' nine years qualifies for bitch status.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker wrote:...but what I don't get is Missouri fan hated Pinkel one short year ago...errr...4 months ago..and now not a peep.
<---- Guilty as charged, and I'll make no apologies for it.

Hell, I was enraged after the Illinois game when he stupidly went for two early in the game and then we had to hold on for dear life to a six point lead and got saved by a Pig INT at the goal line in the final minute. This after blowing a 37-13 lead when he once again turtled up.

This after blowing a big lead against Oregon State last year in the Sun Bowl.

And yes, we even let the Jaysquawks back in that game Sat. nite. That beatdown should have been much more complete.

Look, I want to like the guy, but it's tough when you blow big leads repeatedly. What is it with this team that no lead ever seems safe? Is it the players, or is it the coaching? I think it's the coaching, and until I see them consistently put teams away when they have the opportunity, the jury is going to be out.

The good news is, I think he's still learning and improving, but Coach Pinkel... could you pretty please not almost cause me heart failure during this process? That would be swell.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

e wrote:"young daniel"
You mean young John David Booty isn't playing?

Sin,

Cuntsburger.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Zoo Wins -

The new dynasty is destiny

And all other Zen like shit

In for all sig bets with the Okie faithful
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:While I appreciate those sentiments RF, you and I both know that no matter what we think or say, luck has nothing to do with it. This game comes down to the players on the field, the coaches preparation, and hopefully some competent, unbiased officiating.
Like I said, good luck Wags. :wink:

Btw, RACK you having this week off as well.

Having lived in Lawrence for 10 years, I seriously can't imagine any legitimate, longtime Jayhawk Fan talking shit on local radio about football, but then again there are morons everywhere.

Move on, bro. "Football Jayhawk Fan" is an oxymoron, to begin with. 'sayin.

I heard Pinkle on Rome today. Good stuff.

He needs to tell his team to stfu, however. This "we should have beat them the first time," is big-time BB material.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: I heard Pinkle on Rome today. Good stuff.

He needs to tell his team to stfu, however. This "we should have beat them the first time," is big-time BB material.
Doh!

I didn't hear any player say that. Who said that?

If I heard anybody say that, I'd tell 'em to STFU even if it were true, which it's not.

Yeah, I caught Romey's interview with Pinkel today also. He hem-hawed around about how turnovers and a botched play call cost us the game, which it did, but you don't use that as an excuse. That's as much a part of the game as blocking and tackling.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:Doh!

I think I heard it on the Dan Patrick show, yesterday (Monday) morning, yet there was no followup on the "Sports Animal," the OKC-based OU-dicksucking regional radio "local" network with an affiliate in Tulsa. If true, it will be on ESPN or the Star by Wednesday, for sure. If it's in the Tulsa World, I'll post it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

bulletin board material?

Every media paper and pundit is claiming OU will beat MU, and some say easy.

If anyone has incentive more than just the BCS title game, it's MU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Wagon wrote:

If I heard anybody say that, I'd tell 'em to STFU even if it were true, which it's not.
Chase Daniel Live on ESPN...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Believe the Heupel wrote:In for a sig bet.
SQUEEEEE!

Might as well go ahead and take Adel and Wags' avaturrs while we're at it, too.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

so, because Daniel said, that he felt Missouri had a chance to win that game and turnovers cost them, that is bulletin board material? yikes, really stretching there. If you have the lead on the road late in 3rd, then lose, you should feel you havea good chance to win. why?

1. its on neutral field
2. your starting rb is back
3. defense has stepped up in big games
4. qb is on a roll

Why wouldn't they feel they have a good shot to win? Regardless of if they win or not, they shouldn't go in thinking they should lose.

bulletin board material is for coaches, the players don't run .2 secs faster because a player said he's slow. Don;t believe the Bulletin board hype

i've seen teams with supposed bulletin board material lose by 50.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote:
bulletin board material is for coaches
Yep, and I see in the Star this morning OU coaches trying to play it for all it's worth.

"Hopefully, we can get in their way (again)," Sooners defensive coordinator Brent Venables told The Daily Oklahoman. "Hopefully, we can luck out again".
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

What passes for bulletin-board material nowadays is pretty fucking lame. But when you are dealing with freaking kids and their "keeping it real" attitude it doesn't take much to get them going and coaches will milk it for all it's worth. Sorry but I fail to see how Chase's comments are so incendiary. Maybe I'm just getting old but I remember when you had to really talk some shit for it be considered bulletin-board stuff.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
bulletin board material is for coaches
Yep, and I see in the Star this morning OU coaches trying to play it for all it's worth.

"Hopefully, we can get in their way (again)," Sooners defensive coordinator Brent Venables told The Daily Oklahoman. "Hopefully, we can luck out again".
That ol' Brent's such a FUNNY guy!
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I have very mixed feelings about this game. I do want Missouri to win for the sake of the Big 12 North, but frankly, I think a lot of your players, like Pig, are complete assholes. The fans aren't that much better... ;)

I have a feeling that Missouri has a good chance. They've been on fire lately and seem to really want it more.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ok, this from Tigerboard is kinda' silly, but still cute.

Por favor, any you Soonerfans got a good link or two to one of your message boards that might be interesting?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors are flying these days in South Texas about an aggressor who is preparing to march on San Antonio in order to eliminate all resistance to his rule...

The Oklahoma Sooners, the best that the Big XII South can muster, have reportedly taken refuge in the San Antonio de Valero mission in Bejar county and have announced their independence from the Big XII North. They are brave and strong, and are led by Sam "Davey" Bradford and Allen "Jim" Patrick. However, as brave and as strong as they are, they stand no chance against the forces that are coming...

The forces of Gary "Generalissimo Santa Anna" Pinkel are even now descending upon San Antonio and are pacifying the area around the Alamodome in preparation for looming battle. Pinkel's offensive forces continue to arrive from all corners of the Big XII North, and seem numberless and inexhaustible to the few Sooners watching the procession from behind the mission walls. In fact, the defenders have already sent out a desperate plea for a LOT more men, but no more will be coming; the meager armies of the Big XII South are mired in confusion, some having lost their generals, others being unable or unwilling to fight...

Generalissimo Pinkel, ever the chivalrous gentleman, will allow women and children to leave the makeshift fort before the battle begins. But once the anthem is played, hostilities will commence, and he will take no prisoners.

Missouri running backs will attack from the south; Missouri wideouts will attack from the North; Missouri tight ends will attack from the east and west; Missouri quarterbacks will attack from above. They will encircle the beleaguered Oklahoma defenders inside the Alamodome, and eventually will come over the walls in such numbers that the Sooner defenders will be overrun and eliminated. There can be no other conclusion; resistance is futile.

Unless Oklahoma submits, the carnage will begin at exactly 7:00pm on Saturday the 1st of December, in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Seven. Be warned that, once the anthem is played, no mercy will be given, and the destruction will be terrible to behold.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

...and though Missouri may win the battle, Oklahoma will win the war and Generalissimo's decendants will eventually end up sneaking into Oklahoma territory to take jobs mowing lawns and cleaning houses for OU grads...

Figuratively speaking, of course.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

War Stoops wrote:...and though Missouri may win the battle, Oklahoma will win the war and Generalissimo's decendants will eventually end up sneaking into Oklahoma territory to take jobs mowing lawns and cleaning houses for OU grads...

Figuratively speaking, of course.
I was wondering if the Misery brain child who wrote that up was familiar enough with history to know the outcome of that little war...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.