Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Hey USC Fan ...

Post by RadioFan »

Still dead-set against a playoff?

Think Pete Carroll wouldn't like one about now? :lol:

Currently, based on how they took ASU to the woodshed last night, USC is arguably playing as good as anyone in the country. And before some of you go all

:dins:

on me ... IF there was a playoff ... does anyone seriously think any team would be favored over USC right now?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dins won't jump your shit for suggesting that but if it was me bringing it up, he'd be start spewing the same 'teams will schedule weaker non-conference opponents'...as if the schedules right now aren't bad enough...and tell me to shut up a half dozen times. It must be a Pavlovian response with him...he sees playoffs in any of my posts and he loses it.

As to your take, RF...I think USC would be a dangerous team in a playoff. Now that Booty is healthy, they look like the team many were expecting them to be early on. Several contending teams have had to deal with injuries to key guys so I can't cry too many tears for the Trojans...especially when they've had so much success recently.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

This SC fan is not dead-set against a playoff but a lot of things would have to be changed before I would completely endorse one.
I would like for the conferences to be somehow evened out. I think these superconferences suck because teams don't/can't play
each other and the conference schedules change every year. At least now in USC's case they play every team in the conference
and that's why there isn't a fucking championship game in the Pac 10. They don't need one.

Secondly, and to me maybe more importantly...balanced schedules. No more of this 8 home game shit.
Thirdly, I don't think there's a way to completely get rid of the cupcake bullshit that we see, but at least schedule teams in the same
damn division. No more of this crap of scheduling teams from the subdivision or D2.

I can't really play the IF game here. There isn't a playoff and SC fucked themselves with the loss to Stanford. Yeah I do think they're
playing good football now and the ass-kicking they laid on ASU was about as good and as complete of a game they've played all year.
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I totally agree with you...balancing the schedules should be a must. I know the BCS conferece teams rarely travel to small conference stadiums and would prefer to get the gate revenue and just scratch a check to the token sacrificial directional school instead. I think every conference should have no more than 8 regular season games, 4 home and 4 away and 4 non-conference games, 2 home and 2 away against only other Division-IA opposition and then have each conference have a championship game all on the same weekend...the first weekend in December. Given the money involved in those extra home dates for the mega-powers, they won't allow that to happen but I'd like to see teams like USC have to travel to Boise State or LSU have to go to Hawaii instead of making all non-BCS teams play 3 of their 4 non-conference games on the road.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Well the non BCS conference thing would be taken care of the moment this thing goes to a playoff or at least it should be.
The schedule thing is my biggest pet peeve. USC this year has 6 home/6 road games, three OOC...two of those on the road.
Their schedule is like that (balanced) the next 3 years as well. Next year for USC?? Their OOC games are @Virginia, tOSU, ND.
They turn around in '09 and play @tOSU, @ND.
FIGHT ON!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That home and home with OSU is going to be awesome...we need more of that among the powers. Those Texas-Ohio State games from a couple years were tremendous as well. I can appreciate a team like USC or OSU that is willing to make the bold move of scheduling those games. When they play next year, it could be #1 vs #2 matchup considering what Ohio State will return and how loaded USC is from year-to-year.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Re: Hey USC Fan ...

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

RadioFan wrote:Still dead-set against a playoff?

Think Pete Carroll wouldn't like one about now? :lol:

Currently, based on how they took ASU to the woodshed last night, USC is arguably playing as good as anyone in the country. And before some of you go all

:dins:

on me ... IF there was a playoff ... does anyone seriously think any team would be favored over USC right now?
Nice of ya to say...but the eTCU win the other night didn't really tell me much about our team. You have to remember that eTCU is one of the most prolific headcase programs of all time. They can show up and drop hammer on you, or get their feelings hurt and lie down for an asskicking. More often than not, they do both during the same goddamnfucking football game. Fortunately for the Trojans, eTCU tends to be overly-sensitive when they play us.

I will never buy into a playoff. Ever. EVER.

The beauty of college football, which sets it apart from all other sports, is the majesty and conflict. College football is for men what All My Children is for women...a sanctioned soap opera. Take the drama and arguments out of the sport, and it suffers. Suffers big. The obvious flaw in the system is what makes the sport the best in the land.

The rest of you will disagree and quote my post ad naseum but that's the way I see it. You will never convince me otherwise.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:College football is for men what All My Children is for women...a sanctioned soap opera.
Rack it. I always enjoy that argument.

Oh yeah, and rack this reset as well...

“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:College football is for men what All My Children is for women...a sanctioned soap opera.
Thanks. \/ \/ \/
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:I will never buy into a playoff. Ever. EVER.
Too bad.

If there was one, you guys would be the favorite, hands down.

Enjoy that really "meaningful" Rose Bowl game.

:lol:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.