Oregon favored over USC??

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

This game troubles me more than any other on the schedule. It helps that the Ducks have two of their better offensive players out...but Eugene is never an easy place to play. If Oregon comes out hot it will be a long day.

The ND game was nice, but after watching those guys in person it's clear to me that they're one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Beating them like that was inevitable.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Eugene a tough place to play...

cough, snort, BWHAAA

Sin,

SEC FAN
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Of course...

After all, those oddsmakers have no idea what they're talking about, right?

Nutshell breakdown --

Defense:

Oregon's defense -- Atrocious. Couple of big playmakers, but weak overall.

USC's defense -- slightly better than Oregon's... but not much

Offense -- Oregon appears to not only have one of the better offenses this year, but possibly one of the most dominant in the history of the game.

USC -- Verey good offense, but inconsistant. But even on their best day, on paper they'll be helpless against the onslaught they're about to see, and nothing they've seen yet this year can prepare them for what is about to happen

One team enjoys what is a massive home-field advantage, which in the big picture would result in maybe a 4-5 point edge. Statistically, on paper, Oregon already had about a 6 point edge... then factor in home field for about 4 more.

And while I thank God, Allah, Buddha, and Zeus that they don't play games on paper, and defer to the field instead, hopefully this at least can partly explain Oregon being the natural favorite. Kind of a no-brainer, actually.

And I haven't seen as much of USC as I'd like this year (not sure how that's worked out, since the West Coast is all aout primetime USC games, every freaking week), I'll go out on a limb and guess that USC's offense relies heavily on making adjustments at the line of scrimmage. And ya'know, Petey is a very, very smart coach, so I'll assume that his game plan doesn't involve any audibles. I doubt I'm revealing any major Oregon strategic secrets when I say that if your offense relies heavily on audibles... you just got blown out of Autzen. You have to be able to hear audibles to execute them, and those rumors are true -- you ain't hearing shit but the "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH" chant at 120+ decibles when you take the line... unless you're wearing green, Lightning Yellow, or some combination thereof (BTW -- the white helmets finally showqed up, better late than never. The all-white getup is cool).

To tell the truth, here in PAC10 Country, most Ducks fans are extremely optimistic, but not myopic. Most seem to think if Oregon doesn'ty make dumb turnovers, which they haven't done much this season, Oregon wins the track meet. If there's a discepency to the minus-turnovers, they lose the track meet. Neither defense is going to hamper the other offense much, but a balls-out scorefest favors Oregon, and that's what makes turnovers even more critical than the average game, if that's possible.

Special teams? Field position? Normally an important factor. But throw it out of this game. Considering the injury-plagued defenses these teams will be facing, neither team is going to be too hampered by field position. Get it on their 10, or get it on the 50, I doubt either team really cares, since a few extra yards isn't going to be a big deal to either of these offenses... just a few more clicks off the clock to get downfield. Barring any stupid plays on special teams by either side, of course.

Again, it's all on paper, which rarely refects what actually happens, but this could turn into a scoring festival, and it could become one of those games that's decided by one huge play, ie a fuckup on defense or special teams.

The winner of this game probably wins the PAC... but there's the pesky little matter of Bellotti's track record of keeping his team together down the stretch after a big win.

Damn... is it Gameday yet?

My normally well-connect3ed ass hasn't had a sniff of tickets yet, either. Might have to see what I can do. Might have to see if Duckman has any, like the second-row seats I scored for Kal... day of the game, for 40 bones.

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

USC - 42

U of O - 55
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Good read, Dins.

This should be the best game of the day, and certainly the best game of the afternoon. What's even better is FSN showing it nationally, instead of this ABC regional bullshit. RACK that. Somebody finally got it right.

I wouldn't be surprised if FSN has higher ratings than ABC --
Nebraska at Texas (plu-eese) or
Clemson at Maryland (who gives a rat's ass), or USF at Connecticut (No offense Mucho, but ditto)

And CBS (Georgia vs. Fla) -- on Saturday afternoon.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

I'm very concerned about this game. Bellotti tends to play far too conservative against big-name opponents and this is one year that we really should be able to win if we just lineup and play our game. Sometimes we get too cute and outsmart ourselves against these types of opponents.

Comparative scores, of course, are usually fairly meaningless but the reason why Oregon's favored this year is:

We've played three of the same teams

USC 27 Washington 24, at Washington
USC 47 Washington State 14, at USC
Stanford 24, USC 23, at USC

Oregon 55 Washington 34, at Wash
Oregon 53 Washington State 7, at Oregon
Oregon 55 Stanford 31, at Stanford

We put up 50 and won by 20+ in each of the common opponent games.

USC only got to 30 once, and didn't even win them all.

You add to that the fact that Autzen is a tough place. We can argue about how it stacks up against SEC schools all we want, but its no question the loudest Pac-10 venue. And, USC is going to either be playing a kid in his 3rd start (and first start against a decent team) or a kid that hasn't played in 3 weeks because of an injury at QB.

Oregon is, rightly, favored. I don't know if that will translate into a win, but it would be a poor bet to take SC.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Well if they replay officals are going to play too, then USC is definitely going to lose.

Screwed
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

USC will definatly win.

Coincidentally, i also said something about USC covering against Stanford. [embarassed face] [/embarassed face]
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Question for USC fans, though. Do any of you know the last time USC was the underdog in a game? I can't remember it happening since Palmer was there.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

The last time we were a dog in the Pac10 was UCLA in 2001. Not sure about Oregon.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Dinsdale wrote:Oregon's defense -- Atrocious. Couple of big playmakers, but weak overall.

USC's defense -- slightly better than Oregon's... but not much.
I definitely don't agree with this at all. When I see USC's defense I don't think to myself 'Gosh, SC's defense is slightly better than atrocious.'
Does SC have areas in their defense that might be considered weak? Sure. Overall though that defense isn't weak.
FIGHT ON!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:The last time we were a dog in the Pac10 was UCLA in 2001. Not sure about Oregon.
wasnt OU favored on the day before the Championship game?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

yes...but OU isn't in the Pac10. :wink:
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Moby Dick wrote:wasnt OU favored on the day before the Championship game?
If so, worst line ever.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

GreginPG wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Oregon's defense -- Atrocious. Couple of big playmakers, but weak overall.

USC's defense -- slightly better than Oregon's... but not much.
I definitely don't agree with this at all. When I see USC's defense I don't think to myself 'Gosh, SC's defense is slightly better than atrocious.

I've been chatting with a certain USC fan lately, whose entire take on the game is "Oregon can't run on USC's defense."

To which, I can't stop laughing.

He also claims "Oregon will have to do its damage on the outside."

Thanks, Marcus(not his real name). You might wanna try actually watching an Oregon game before spouting such silly crap. Most of Oregon's damage has been done on the outside. As teams have adjusted to shut this down(sup KJal), the offense has shifted the focus to destroying the inside D, which softens up the outside... where Oregon wants to be.

Sure, it's too early in the season, still, to use words like "offensive juggernaut," but pretty close. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And sorry, just because USC has compiled respectable defensive stats against the likes of Notre Dame, they have too many holes to keep up. If they wanna try packing the box to slow Stewart down... the inexperienced DBs are going to end up on an island. And while DD may not be the best deep baller (despite him having the all-time best completion % in U of O history, it comes as a result of frequent dumpoffs in the current offense), he's more than adequate to hit guys in one-on-one downfield.

Obvioulsy, I'm three steps beyond biased, but this matchup just doesn't work out well for USC... on paper. Don't get me wrong, USC has plenty of horses to exploit Oregon's halfassed defense, but that halfassedness kind of compliments to offense, in a weird sort of warped way -- being reasonably subpar, it makes the defense more than willing to gamble, looking for that big turnover... kind of like coming full-circle on teh suck. It works because they know that even if they blow it and give up a long score, the opponent is just giving the ball back to the offense in the form of a kickoff. Over the course of a game, Oregon just needs to get a couple of stops, and limit a couple of drives to FGs, and that whole "efficiency" thing comes into play, and the Track Meet is on. It's my understanding that USC has injury problems in the secondary, and if Oregon can force USC to pack the box, there's massive potential for a good old-fashioned woodshedding.

That's my take... which I'm sure will be elobarated on further.

Hell, I'd start picking on Mr Meds, but it's possible he shot his wad in the runup to his big Rivalry Game...

Speaking of... The lack of Fusky fans on here made for a fairly unauspicious Rivalry Game for Oregon last week. You'd think the 100th edition of a very hate-filled rivalry would have drawn more press and big mouths, but it kind of came and went with less pomp and circumstace than any UDub game I can remember. Maybe the fact that of the 22 offensive and defensive starters for UDub(as opposed to 2 for Oregon... nice in-state recruiting, Bellotti and Co) were from Oregon tempered things a little... I dunno. There's two games that Ducksfans circle on the calander every year, and UDub is the big one. There's also that season-ender against the Sheepfuckers, but we don't pimp that one so much -- we just quit talking to our friends, neighbors, and family members who can't figure out the correct colors to wear that week.

Edit: after a very quick skim after this posted, I realized there were so many spelling errors and missed keys, I'm not even going to bother fixing even the ones I saw... sorry. The word "unauspicious" really jumped off the page at me.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Dinsdale wrote:I've been chatting with a certain USC fan lately, whose entire take on the game is "Oregon can't run on USC's defense."
It will be interesting because Dixon gives their ground game a fourth dimension. I'm not as confident as the guy you're talking to. Our LB's do have great speed, though.
This is LOLers material. The underneath/middle of the field is where Oregon will get most of their passing yards.
Thanks, Marcus(not his real name). You might wanna try actually watching an Oregon game before spouting such silly crap. Most of Oregon's damage has been done on the outside. As teams have adjusted to shut this down(sup KJal), the offense has shifted the focus to destroying the inside D, which softens up the outside... where Oregon wants to be.
I think we'll cover the outside from the first snap. Carroll's bend but don't break defense always lets the short stuff underneath be at risk. Oregon has good athletes so YAC will be important.
Sure, it's too early in the season, still, to use words like "offensive juggernaut," but pretty close. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
They are the class of the conference on offense right now. Nothing much more to say about it.
And sorry, just because USC has compiled respectable defensive stats against the likes of Notre Dame, they have too many holes to keep up. If they wanna try packing the box to slow Stewart down... the inexperienced DBs are going to end up on an island. And while DD may not be the best deep baller (despite him having the all-time best completion % in U of O history, it comes as a result of frequent dumpoffs in the current offense), he's more than adequate to hit guys in one-on-one downfield.
The DBs are not inexperienced. I think the outside stuff will be mitigated due to their experience and the very weakness you mention about Dixon. I think this will be the most pressure he'll face all year in terms of the rush, but who knows if it will have enough of an impact. The differnce will be the speed of our LBs, which I'm not sure he's seen yet this year.

You are right, the dumpoff stuff will work for you given our base tampa 2 defense. I expect Carroll to blitz a LOT in this game. That's a risk/reward decision we'll have to make.
Obvioulsy, I'm three steps beyond biased, but this matchup just doesn't work out well for USC... on paper. Don't get me wrong, USC has plenty of horses to exploit Oregon's halfassed defense, but that halfassedness kind of compliments to offense, in a weird sort of warped way -- being reasonably subpar, it makes the defense more than willing to gamble, looking for that big turnover... kind of like coming full-circle on teh suck.
I think the offense will be better than UO expects. We've been bringing on a lot of young kids, who are finally coming into their own and gaining confidence. I've been seeing this since the Arizona game (not a great game in terms of scoring, but you could see the changes starting to happen. We are also getting 6 of our injurred guys back this week, including some of the o line. That is not good for UO.
It works because they know that even if they blow it and give up a long score, the opponent is just giving the ball back to the offense in the form of a kickoff. Over the course of a game, Oregon just needs to get a couple of stops, and limit a couple of drives to FGs, and that whole "efficiency" thing comes into play, and the Track Meet is on.
Setting a gameplan to win by just outscoring someone else, at the expense of defense, is usually not a good idea. I think UO will be up against the best athletes they'll see all year.
It's my understanding that USC has injury problems in the secondary, and if Oregon can force USC to pack the box, there's massive potential for a good old-fashioned woodshedding.
Not so much. Secondary should be fine.
That's my take... which I'm sure will be elobarated on further.
Your take is a complete pile of shit. :lol:
Hell, I'd start picking on Mr Meds, but it's possible he shot his wad in the runup to his big Rivalry Game...
True enough...I don't have the energy to run a second person in only two weeks :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
This is LOLers material. The underneath/middle of the field is where Oregon will get most of their passing yards.

I was thinking more along the lines of smashmouth. As of yet, Oregon hasn't been too terribly dependent on the underneath stuff, but certainly exploits it. But in terms of up-the-gut, Oregon brings some bruisers to the table... and USC has bruisers to counter them, which even if I was a neutral party, would be the intrigue of this game for me. The PAC gets crap for not playing BIG TIME POWER COLLEGE FOOTBALL, but this game has potential to have alittle bit of that going on.
I think we'll cover the outside from the first snap. Carroll's bend but don't break defense always lets the short stuff underneath be at risk. Oregon has good athletes so YAC will be important.
I don't think that will be nearly as much a factor as yards-after-Stewart-sees-the-whites-of-a-DB's-eyes. If you leave the underneath at risk, you will lose... period... bet the rent on it. Seriously. But I don't think Petey is that dumb, since he's proven to me time and time again he's a very smart coach(sup Haloti Ngata handing USC their freaking ass for a forst half, only to be taken out of the equation at halftime). I'd have a serious hard time believing that Petey isn't doing his homework, and I doubt he'll want to employ a defense that gives Oregon the best possible chance to win, which would be employing "bend but don't break underneath." That would soooo be playing into Oregon's hands, it won't happen.

Stewart averages 7.2 per freaking carry -- mostly as a result of overcovering the outside... again, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

They are the class of the conference on offense right now. Nothing much more to say about it.
USC Fan putting up locker-room-material?

Oregon;s offense is the class of D1A. And save your thoughts on shit-teams that play cupcakes in the Who? Conference.

The DBs are not inexperienced. I think the outside stuff will be mitigated due to their experience and the very weakness you mention about Dixon.
Thanks, actually. I seem to be hearing a lot of conflicting reports about the state of USC's secondary. From "starting two redshirts at CB" to "dominant experience." I figured the truth lay in between the two.

You are right, the dumpoff stuff will work for you given our base tampa 2 defense. I expect Carroll to blitz a LOT in this game. That's a risk/reward decision we'll have to make.

Which I'm sure you're well aware, will be in-game adjustments by Carroll, rather than a full-scle commitment before the game. That's the beauty of this new incarnation of the "West Coast Spread Option" thingy going on -- it gives "options" to deal with a blitz. With that much spacing of the bodies, an all-out blitz can sometimes be countered with a dumpoff, and a halfass blitz can be dealt with by Jonny Franchise running over the top of the blitz, out of the backfield. Another "let's get it on" aspect of this game... who brought the Stuff this afternoon.
I think the offense will be better than UO expects.
I'm not really sure that's accurate. I won't pretend to spoeak for all Ducksfans, but I'd say on average, people are expecting that USC offensive onslaught that we've come to know and hate in recent years.
We are also getting 6 of our injurred guys back this week, including some of the o line. That is not good for UO.
If I really want to warp the definition of "not good," I could make a case that USC getting some healthy bodies back will make U of O rabidly jealous, since they're pulling off redshirts like they're going out of style, maybe providing a little inspiration.

Hey, I said "warp." Give me a break.

I think UO will be up against the best athletes they'll see all year.

Werd.

Sin,
Mike Hart, Chad Henne, Anthony Aldridge, DeSean Jackson, Justin Forsett, and BWAHAHAHAHA

Earth to USC Fan... your guy who started the season as the leading Heisman cadidate is picking pine. Please adjust your perception of reality accordingly. Have a nice day.

Not so much. Secondary should be fine.
I'm not sure if the fact I'm taking your word over all the other bullshit I've heard is a good thing or a bad thing... but it's something.

Your take is a complete pile of shit.
Laugh it up. Come Saturday night, if I'm feeling particularly drunk and generous, I'll occasionally allow you to refer to me as Nostradamus.

True enough...I don't have the energy to run a second person in only two weeks

Yet we have the energy to run 22 more people in only two weeks.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I don't understand this comment.
Dinsdale wrote:USC -- Very good offense, but inconsistant. But even on their best day, on paper they'll be helpless against the onslaught they're about to see, and nothing they've seen yet this year can prepare them for what is about to happen.
What onslaught? The onslaught from that atrocious defense you spoke of or am I just reading this wrong or what?
FIGHT ON!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Just checked the extended forecast...

Too bad. Should be* beautiful. A good old fashion dose or "Oregon Sunshine" would have turned the tables more in favor of the short dumpoff team.

* -- Grain of salt, since U&L weather forecasters are world-famous for being idiots. OK, maybe more an issue of geography/topography than idiocy, but the net result is the same. Forecasting more than two days out during fall involves a crystal ball.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Dinsdale wrote:
Jimmy Medalions wrote:They are the class of the conference on offense right now. Nothing much more to say about it.
USC Fan putting up locker-room-material?

Oregon;s offense is the class of D1A. And save your thoughts on shit-teams that play cupcakes in the Who? Conference.
Easy tiger. I'm agreeing with you.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

maybe the Trojans should just knock Dixon out of the game and thake their chances vs Leaf
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ahhh, poor young Mr Leaf.

I kinda feel bad for the guy.

He's spent about the last ten years trying to become the antithesis to his (much) older brother.

Dude has worked harder than anyone else on the team for the last 4 years.

He was said to be by far the best "team leader" on the roster while Dixon went... on vacation. It's said he really kept the team together and focused all summer.

Dude is freaking deadly with the deep ball.

And at this time next year, he'll be drinking brews on the couch while watching NFL games, while trying to get the world to forget he's "that guy's" brother.

But... them's the breaks. Should have gone to a different school that doesn't stack the QB deck so deeply.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

well if Im a coach at USC and Im looking at this jugernaut of a Oregon offense, Im going to do what it takes to give my team the best chance to win and thats knock Dixon out of the game. Leaf may be a great passer but the pass rush is going to know where he will be, Dixon is all over the place. Course I would have tried to blow up Vince Young too and hurt him, hopefully they learned from that game.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

We don't condone cheap shots and trying to hurt people here at Auburn.

/s/ Tubby
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's just fucking wrong.

Go Ducks......
sup meds....
Hey greg, thanks for the call last night.....
I posted a couple of pics of the fire in this thread.....

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=25524

Check out page #3.
Last edited by Laxplayer on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I, for one, must say that I'm absolutely shocked that SpikesUpTrojan would advocate intentionally injuring an opponent.

Of course, if I knew for fact my team did that, I'd petition the NCAA to have my team disqualified after-the-fact, and I'd want the coaches' head on a platter.

Then again, I'm not a walking talking piece of shit, so to each their own.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

yeah cause LSU has never taken a cheap shot on anyone.... ever

I didnt say take Dixons knees out, but he isnt so big of a guy that a few good shots doesnt take him out of his game or maybe the game, last year USC hit him hard, and often, he didnt finish the game, I dont see why they wouldnt try to do the same again this year
I dont condone playing outside of the rules, but theres no reason to not him every chance you get and as hard you possibly can within the rules.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BIGSHOCKER you got called out for being a POS, so now you're trying to LIE your way out of it.

Save it, dude. I won't speak for anyone else here, but I will go on record as having much doubt that one person on this entire board doesn't think you're an absolute waste of oxygen, and the planet should party when you suck your last beath of the air that is better used on decent human beings.

Some piece of shit scumbag wrote:Course I would have tried to blow up Vince Young too and hurt him

Of course, NOW you're trying to put a positive spin on the shit you said. And by "spin," I mean "LYING."

Since anyone with a brain realizes that you weren't suggesting Petey try to get into the backfield against VY, since everyone on the planet knew that was pretty fundamental to basic football strategy.

You are a piece of shit. Bad enough you said it in the first place (and maybe you were trying to jest, but your sense of humor really is that dysfunctional), but now you're trying to lie your way out of it?

Grow some stones, faggot. Either suck up and apologize for making such callous statements and wishing ill on a 20 year old KID, or at least own up to what you said... pick one or the other, you worthless bottom-dwelling pussy.

Wait... you're the guy that teaches little leaguers to spike opposing players and run up the score against poorer kids who can't afford special baseball camps...

Tell you what, ignore my previous comments. Instead, enjoy your remaining days here on Earth to the fullest -- but as you do, do it with the realization that anybody whose life you've ever "touched" is going to dance on your fucking grave when you die...

So you've got THAT going for you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Woah!

On that count Dins, you speak for me as well.

Fucking RACK!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Well, except for the faggot part. I can't think of a single self-respecting homo who'd let that dude anywhere near his cock.
You sir, are correct, sir.

I will practice what I preach, and I'll own up to my statements --

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apoligize to any faggots that might be reading. My lumping Toejam into your social group was unfair, and I now realize how faggots could be offended by my comments.

So again, allow me to apologize to any fucking faggots who may have taken exception to my statements. I have learned from this episode, and I'd appreciate being given a second chance to redeem myself within the fucking faggot community for the hurtful words I wrote.

-Dinsdale
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

fuck auburn

worst rivalry going

bama-aunburn fans hate each other for one week, then sockle each others nuts till next year! its no KU-MU game

oh yeah, why hasnt bill quantrill been honored as a great missourian?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

so the only way to hurt a player in football is to play dirty? If he is a running QB he puts himself in harms way, Im just saying that every chance they get they should harm him, no back pedal, just stating that Im not saying to break the rules.

as for the Pony team, they won the title, the kids got the big trophy and they accomplished their goals through dedication and total effort. Now they are scattered over several TBS teams. Do I give a fuck about the kids not on my team? no, why should I, I wasnt coaching them, if their sensitive little feelings were hurt by getting mercied, they should have tried harder at practice or in the game. All the teams were able to afford the same equipment and training. They were taught to tag hard, not slide spikes up. Other than 1 kid, they will all be back next year to see if they can win every game
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:If he is a running QB he puts himself in harms way, Im just saying that every chance they get they should harm him
Which pretty much makes you a fucking douche of the highest order.

RACK Dinsdale.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Do I give a fuck about the kids not on my team? no, why should I, I wasnt coaching them, if their sensitive little feelings were hurt by getting mercied, they should have tried harder at practice or in the game.

Ya'know, I have all the paternal instincts of a male spider that's just become his mate's post-coital meal, and prefer to not have children present when I'm doing anything outside of playing with children. That said, I also like to think that deep within my ice-cold heart of stone, I actually give a fuck about all children...

Particularly the ones with sensitive feelings.

What sort of animal takes delight in humiliating children for his own personal gratification, under the guise of "coaching"?

I guess you've explained how you could advocate trying to cap a guy with one professional sports contract under his belt, with a good chance at another.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Schmick the Dick regales us with a tale in which he annoints himself a "great innovator" for figuring out a clever way to go headhunting and beaning some whiney 4-eyed brat in a pickup game of tee-ball. And he'll pat himself on the back for helping that kid "build character" by standing over him afterwards as he lay bleeding, screaming "yeah, go cry to your mommy, you nerdy little shit!!! Cryyyyyyyy, you little pussy!"

Dude must make a killing extorting lunch money from his little leaguers.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I seem to recall Carson Palmer having his clavicle broke in Eugene a few years back and not recalling Duck fans being sympathetic about it, rightfully so, they wanted to and won. I want USC to win, Dixon is an amazing player and I think the best chance the team I want to win has at winning is to hit Dixon every play, legally. All the fake handoffs and mis-direction.... every single play I want a D Lineman or LB driving him to that carpet as hard as they can. Every time he tucks the ball and runs I want him hit as hard as possible, near the head or shoulders, just like they hit Carson. Id rather USC take their chances with Brady Leaf, if you can think of a better way to stop Oregons Offense than knocking Dixon off his game, let me know.

If I send some sensitive kid to the Emo ranks of liberal cocksuckerdom early... sensies were headed there anyway, and make him not want to play vs a team I was coaching, so be it. Im not going to ask my team to try less hard so that kid will feel better about themself
The first year I was an assistant coach the head coach told me how to draft a team, he said "look at the players parents, if the kids mom is at try outs and dad isnt around, dont draft him... if the kids parents are not paying attention to how their kid is doing, dont draft him, what you want is dedicated players with dedicated parents." If two kids are goofing off and not paying attention at practice, you want to make them do 2 laps holding hands and not have their mommy nag you on how you hurt her kids feelings (theyre boys they shouldnt have feelings) you want dad telling the kid, "pay attention to coach"
I take pride in my sons having a great time, I played sports and winning was better than losing, both will tell you that they had a great time last season in Pony
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Next year before the ND/USC game, I hope Carroll has a fucking brain aneurysm and shits himself while he is fucking his mistress. Then, I hope he has to have a meatal plate put in his head and every time his wife starts the microwave, he pisses himself and forgets who he is for a half an hour. And two days before the game, I hope every scholarship QB and TB are in the same meeting room when an earthquake hits, trapping them all and snapping all of their fucking legs.

You know, because I want to win and all of that isn't against the rules.

Fuck you schmick, you're the kind of guy that would want Carroll to leave for the NFL if you were an ND or UCLA fan. Me, I want him there because I like to beat teams when they are at their strongest, not their weakest.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

SoCalTrjn wrote:If I send some sensitive kid to the Emo ranks of liberal cocksuckerdom early... sensies were headed there anyway, and make him not want to play vs a team I was coaching, so be it. Im not going to ask my team to try less hard so that kid will feel better about themself
The first year I was an assistant coach the head coach told me how to draft a team, he said "look at the players parents, if the kids mom is at try outs and dad isnt around, dont draft him... if the kids parents are not paying attention to how their kid is doing, dont draft him, what you want is dedicated players with dedicated parents." If two kids are goofing off and not paying attention at practice, you want to make them do 2 laps holding hands and not have their mommy nag you on how you hurt her kids feelings (theyre boys they shouldnt have feelings) you want dad telling the kid, "pay attention to coach"
I take pride in my sons having a great time, I played sports and winning was better than losing, both will tell you that they had a great time last season in Pony
You are a poor excuse for a coach...even a poorer one as a parent. There's being tough and there's being an ass. You, mamn, are an ass.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
If you are going to treat kids like that, I'm betting he told you not to draft kids with large fathers either.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I take pride in my sons having a great time

Yes, I'm sure Eric and Lyle are all the better off for the abuse character-building.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

This makes me some what sick to my tummy but...

rack Dins!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.