Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Those guys must be Bruins.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

"my family isn't rich. We didn't have a lot of money.... think just like any normal average family, you struggle to pay bills sometimes."

If you don't have a lot of money, "renting" a $750K house will do that to you.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

750k is pretty average for a house down here 2 years ago. Every new housing tract had signs that said "from the mid 700's" even in places like Riverside County 800+ was the norm. Thats why everyone moved to Oregon, sell a house here and buy a place up there cash on 15 acres and have a few hundred grand left over.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

those arent her real boobs

just sayin
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Thats why everyone moved to Oregon, sell a house here and buy a place up there cash on 15 acres and have a few hundred grand left over.

I suppose if you want to live in the middle of nowhere in the desert.

Otherwise, you ain't touching anything on 15 acres anywhere near the Willamette Valley, or anywhere else there's a grocery store within 25 miles...

The house I live in is pretty much average white-trash, next to the busy business highway, on a very large half-acre lot... worth a little over $300K. "15 acres" in my neck of the woods is worth... usually a couplefew mil... without housing.

But whatever. You SoCals ain't noted for real estate savy.

The average cost of rent in Beverly Hills is pretty high, from what I uderstand. Call me old fashioned, but people claiming to be "not rich" or to have "not a lot of money" probably shouldn't be shopping for rentals there, either.

Reggie Bush, his family, and USC are just so fucking flagrantly guilty here, it's almost pointless to try and defend them. But the NCAA has the ball rolling pretty well right now, and they don't need a scandal like most other sports bodies are offering up so frequently these days.

So a whole bunch of bluster over something that will never be fully investigated is all we'll see out of it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one