Let's Play "Guess The Demographics"

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I'd guess the guy working out all those numbers in the Justice Department was Asian.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Let's Play "Guess The Demographics"

Post by BSmack »

Roach wrote:"Racial disparities among prisoners persist. In the 25-29 age group, 8.1 percent of black men _ about one in 13 _ are incarcerated, compared with 2.6 percent of Hispanic men and 1.1 percent of white men. And it's not much different among women. By the end of 2005, black women were more than twice as likely as Hispanics and over three times as likely as white women to be in prison. "
Did Tawana tell you dat?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Let's Play "Guess The Demographics"

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:I submit that until we investigate Possible Explanation #2, we can never know why there is a statistically significant racial difference among the prison population.

We have investigated it. It's whitey's fault.

Sin,
African Americans

Yeah, it whitey's fault.

Sin,
Moving Sale

I hate it when this subject somes up. As a white dude, it's like someone is trying to get me to explain why it's not my fault that someone I've never met commits a crime.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

It's threads like this that make me wish that Index was around. This bitch would go 10 pages easy.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That's why we needs us somez reperatshuns.

I'z got's cheated out mah mule, and with interest, that 40 acres is now Wyoming.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

White folks get the benefit of the doubt. Black folks do not.

Ergo, white folks commit crime and get away with it more often than black folks.

Case in point. White boy can cut hair and lose the dead stickers adorning his or her rig. White boy gets pulled over less and can more or less ride around with an .oz in his ride without getting pulled over. Risky, of course, but less risky. Cop don't see "HEY I'M A POT SMOKING HIPPY WHO SUBSTITUTES SHOWERS WITH PATCHOULI OIL" all over a car and a persons appearance , cop is less likely to pull said person over.

Black boys can't change the color their skin.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Black boys can't change the color their skin.
That is true to a point. However, black folk who discard the outward manifestations of street culture are also more likely to get the benefit of the doubt. Also, it doesn't hurt to be rich. Just ask Ricky Manning.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Ergo, white folks commit crime and get away with it more often than black folks.

Bullshit.
Driving While Black says you're wrong. You too BSmack.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Murder, assault, armed robbery and rape are prosecuted more vigorously than fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion and stealing office supplies from your employer.

There's your explanation.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Ergo, white folks commit crime and get away with it more often than black folks.

Bullshit.
Driving While Black says you're wrong. You too BSmack.
Chris Rock says you're wrong.

[video width=450 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/v/dxNhefAqyoE[/video]

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote: Chris Rock says you're wrong.
Thanks BSmack. That was funny. However, as anecdotal as it may seem, the people with whom I have been associated were not showing any outward "outward manifestations of street culture".

Lastly, I also think Mikey hit the nail on the head as well.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
mvscal wrote: Bullshit.
Driving While Black says you're wrong.
I'm talking about violent crime, dumbfuck.
The article didn't stipulate that, nor did you, until now.

Interestingly though is how many violent white criminals are caught in routine traffic stops. It's a "dragnet" and DWB yields convictions that for people not fitting the "profile" they are simply not caught.

I know too many white folk that in all honesty, should be locked up for good on drug charges (3 strike rule have impacted blacks more in this regard) save for the simple matter they got away with it and more importantly ..... they STOPPED ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY at some point.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What a pussy fucking country we've become.

Hey, how about as an explaination as to why certain "demographics" commit more crime, instead of making a bunch of fucking bullshit excuses for them, we....are you sitting down?...

How about we actually hold them, and their shitty fucking parents who neither taught or ebforced any sense of right and wrong...

ACCOUNTABLE?

Ya' fucking think that might go farther towards fighting crime than making excuses, and thereby justifying the offenses?

Nahhhh.....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:What a pussy fucking country we've become.

Hey, how about as an explaination as to why certain "demographics" commit more crime, instead of making a bunch of fucking bullshit excuses for them, we....are you sitting down?...

How about we actually hold them, and their shitty fucking parents who neither taught or ebforced any sense of right and wrong...

ACCOUNTABLE?

Ya' fucking think that might go farther towards fighting crime than making excuses, and thereby justifying the offenses?

Nahhhh.....
Coming from a guy who's done more drugs than your average Metallica roadie, that's pretty damn funny.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote: Ya' fucking think that might go farther towards fighting crime than making excuses, and thereby justifying the offenses?

Nahhhh.....

:lol:

Who is making "excuses" ? Aren't you the guy who touts his ability to hang with druggies, do drugs, cop drug charges, get into Federal Building to clean shit off the walls and all that ?

If you are, then YOU, any time you held a joint, bong, bowl, baggie or "contraband" have broken ..... the law.

Were YOU held accountable for each of those transgressions ?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And I never got in any trouble for it....why?

Maybe because I was never hurting anyone?

And when I engaged in an activity that could potentially hurt someone, I indeed did get in trouble.

I guess if I was just a liiiiiitle bit whiter, I would have gotten a pass, eh?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:any time you held a joint, bong, bowl, baggie or "contraband" have broken ..... the law.

Uhm....I live in Oregon.

Hello?

A joint, bong, bowl, or satchel is a ticket. Which I've gotten all of one of...when I was about 18. $50, back then. I think it costs about the same as jaywalking...ever jaywalk?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:And I never got in any trouble for it....why?

Maybe because I was never hurting anyone?

And when I engaged in an activity that could potentially hurt someone, I indeed did get in trouble.

I guess if I was just a liiiiiitle bit whiter, I would have gotten a pass, eh?
Grow up dude. The article is simply talking about people in jail. Those times you were "holding", you could have gotten into heap big trouble. But you didn't because you got lucky. You got lucky because your skin color didn't automatically make you suspect. It's that fucking simple.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: Who is making "excuses" ?
You are, you fucking pussy. That's all you ever do. Make excuse after excuse.
Where did I say "These people shouldn't be in jail because they didn't break the law" ?

I wasn't making excuses for them, I was proffering an explanation. You don't think it happens, fine, we agree to disagree.

But thanks for your insight into my character. It helps.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

White folks get the benefit of the doubt. Black folks do not.
Sin,

O.J. Simpson.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:You got lucky because your skin color didn't automatically make you suspect. It's that fucking simple.

The only thing here that's fucking simple is you, dumbass.

I grew up and "did my damage" in and around Beaverton Fucking Oregon. Very, very, VERY few black folk in the Beaverton area, and until recently wasn't too long on Hispanics.

And believe me -- the Beaverton Police weren't sitting back eating doughnuts all day and night...they were actually somewhat legendary for going scorched-earth on anybody who had the nerve to operate a vehicle at night(with the massive population increase in the Beaverton area since then, they actually have real crime to fight these days). I could hardly venture out at night in my noisey-exhausted car without getting stopped. My Northern-Euro ass was plenty fair game.

Any other stupid fucking theories rooted in fantasy that you'd like to share?
Last edited by Dinsdale on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Not shocked at all by those figures. Act like savages and you will be treated like one.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:.. Beaverton Fucking Oregon. Very, very, VERY few black folk in the Beaverton area, and until recently wasn't too long on Hispanics.
Thank you. You have NO experience whatsoever to comment.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:I wasn't making excuses for them, I was proffering an explanation.
Your explanation takes the form of an excuse which minimizes or completely ignores the real problem.

If you think whites and blacks commit crimes at the same rate, but whites just get away with more of them, you are a fucking idiot.
Your inability to read and comprehend pretty well shows you as an idiot. Please provide my direct quote where I said or implied ..... "whites and blacks commit crimes at the same rate, but whites just get away with more of them"

Either that or just resort to your "white flag" name calling and such. Really doesn't change the facts, one way or another.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:.. Beaverton Fucking Oregon. Very, very, VERY few black folk in the Beaverton area, and until recently wasn't too long on Hispanics.
Tom In VA wrote:But you didn't because you got lucky. You got lucky because your skin color didn't automatically make you suspect. It's that fucking simple.

You claim I was "lucky" to be white(thanks for that, Marcus), and attributed it as the reason I generally avoided severe legal troubles.

I posted facts that proved you were wrong. Now, you want to use those same facts to claim BODE.

The reason I actually generally avoided severe legal troubles...now see if you can follow along here, Ton in Special Ed class...

It was because I didn't commit violent crimes. Not because I was white, since as I pointed out, back in the "glory days," I was a white guy amongst white guys...NO ONE was singled out for skin color(and don't be naive and think my travels didn't take me to where there were black people a'plenty...which makes whiteboy MORE LIKELY TO GET STOPPED). They were singled out...follow along now...

BECAUSE THEY COMMITTED A CRIME, OR GAVE PROBABLE CASUE TO BELIEVE THEY DID.

You're really making a fool out of yourself here, Tom. You trying to use the same facts to support two opposite sides of the argument isn't helping.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Right here, you fucking moron.
Tom In VA wrote:White folks get the benefit of the doubt. Black folks do not.

Ergo, white folks commit crime and get away with it more often than black folks.
Why of course you're so right, poor sentence on my part. You derived .....

"White folks commit a higher rate of crime as crime as blacks and get away with it more"

That's not what I meant.

What I meant is that white people get away with committing crime, at whatever rate that might be, more than blacks.

Like I said, we agree to disagree.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:But you didn't because you got lucky. You got lucky because your skin color didn't automatically make you suspect. It's that fucking simple.

You claim I was "lucky" to be white(thanks for that, Marcus), and attributed it as the reason I generally avoided severe legal troubles.

I posted facts that proved you were wrong. Now, you want to use those same facts to claim BODE.

The reason I actually generally avoided severe legal troubles...now see if you can follow along here, Ton in Special Ed class...

It was because I didn't commit violent crimes.
I understand your past is littered with "victimless" crimes. What you have failed to do is indicate where the article made the difference between those jailed for violent crimes vs. those jailed for doing the same things you did but getting caught.

BTW, I didn't claim "BODE", you live in a predominantly white area and have no experience in living in an area where you actually WITNESS, the things I have seen living in a not so white area. No Bode for me Dins. I freely admit you are the bestest mostest extremest poster these parts and others have ever seent. You da bossman. :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote: What I meant is that white people get away with committing crime, at whatever rate that might be, more than blacks.

Uhm....no.

Minorities commit crimes at a greater clip than whites. Therefore, simple mathmatical odds tell us that the minorities are more likely to get away with it.

You can try to paint any picture you like, but it's not true. And you, sir, are part of the problem, not the solution.

If you keep making excuses, criminals that believe in the glamous of committing crimes will use your excuses to justify continuing their behavior.

Demand accountability, rather than making excuses.

The truth will set you free...and spot you one hell of a deal on some schnazzy windchimes.

But it all starts with telling the truth. Let's put the lies and excuses behind us and move on to a brighter day, shall we?

Or, should we just keep making it out to be my fault that some clown in Florida who I've never met committed a violent crime, because I'm white.

Quit blaming me for shit I didn't do.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:

BTW, I didn't claim "BODE", you live in a predominantly white area and have no experience in living in an area where you actually WITNESS, the things I have seen living in a not so white area.

Oh, I've seen plenty, dude. Plenty.

And I've seen plenty of people be "racially profiled."

What's pretty rare to see though, is a completely innocent person being hauled off for a violent crime(or any other crime) they didn't commit. Pretty fucking rare, indeed. Not unheard of, by any means...but rare.

Here's an idea for African Americans to reduce their rate of incarcaration...

You're going to LOVE this one...

They could try...

Oh, say...

Not committing crimes. That would be an out-fucking-standing start. Tackle that one, and we'll deal with the other issues later.

At what point do we actually start holding people accountable for their actions?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Mikey wrote:stealing office supplies from your employer.
That's a crime?

Sin,

Me

Actually, in my case it would be chalked up more to absent-mindedness than anythng else. If a pen finds its way into my hands, I usually walk away with it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:
Ted the Unibomber wrote:THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MODERN LEFTISM

We disavow any use of the numbers 1 through 5
That's some scary shit.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: What I meant is that white people get away with committing crime, at whatever rate that might be, more than blacks.

Uhm....no.

Minorities commit crimes at a greater clip than whites. Therefore, simple mathmatical odds tell us that the minorities are more likely to get away with it.

You can try to paint any picture you like, but it's not true. And you, sir, are part of the problem, not the solution.

If you keep making excuses, criminals that believe in the glamous of committing crimes will use your excuses to justify continuing their behavior.

Demand accountability, rather than making excuses.

The truth will set you free...and spot you one hell of a deal on some schnazzy windchimes.

But it all starts with telling the truth. Let's put the lies and excuses behind us and move on to a brighter day, shall we?

Or, should we just keep making it out to be my fault that some clown in Florida who I've never met committed a violent crime, because I'm white.

Quit blaming me for shit I didn't do.
Wow Dins, you've really indicated how poor my English is, thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Here's the deal, I'm not offering excuses and nor am I justifying behavior. I'm stating what I believe, based on my firsthand and second hand knowledge of how things work in DC metro area, is the case. That's it. I too have a "mispent" youth and I also have several close people who are on the enforcement side of the law. Ever gotten high with the son of a G-Man or a cop ? :lol:

Typically in this area here's the deal .....

RICH people get away with crimes moreso than anyone else.
RICH white people get away with crimes moreso than anyone else. (More than blacks, hispanics, asians, hippies, punkers, rockers, mods and soc's :lol: )
PEOPLE who have CONNECTIONS, get away with crimes moreso than anyone else.

I'm not talking about, nor did the the article stipulate, VIOLENT CRIME. It said people in JAIL. There are people in JAIL who have committed non violent transgressions against the law.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Disparity in drug sentencing laws out front should have explained part of the reason blacks spend more time in jail than whites.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

They give different sentences for vlacks and whites for the same offense?

I thought there was a Constitutional Amendment against that, or something?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

tom is on fucking drugs

or should he taking them

what a stupid arguement. take a gander at the top murder and crime ridden cities, 1 thing is the common factor, whitey left, and the bruthers are running amuck. but try to spin it any way your derelict mind tells ya too
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

The law has an a la carte menu for drug sentencing. Check it out:

SENTENCING POLICY FOR DRUG OFFENDERS

White: stern warning (2nd offense community service)
Mexican: Overnight (2nd offense 30 days in county jail)
Black: Ten years at San Quentin (2nd offense "unfortunate incident at San Quentin")

- Dumbfuck in Seattle
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Poor people commit crimes, and are put in jail, at a higher rate than rich people. There aren't many rich whites or rich blacks in prison.

Obviously, the truth isn't an "either/or" proposition. Its a combination of things.

Blacks do commit more crimes than whites, percentage-wise. They are also caught, and convicted, more often. Both factors are true.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

88 wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Disparity in drug sentencing laws out front should have explained part of the reason blacks spend more time in jail than whites.
You must be a racist. You are saying that blacks are more predisposed to commit the crime of drug sales or possession than other races.
You of all people should know better.

It's a boils down to which drugs whites are likely to use versus the choice of blacks. Possessing or selling of any drugs should be treated the same, but it's not.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:They give different sentences for vlacks and whites for the same offense?

I thought there was a Constitutional Amendment against that, or something?
I didn't say that. I said that blacks are more inclined to be CAUGHT, mostly because of profiling .... i.e. DWB.

Routine traffic stops have been known to yield great benefits in capturing criminals from the lowly drug user TO Ted Bundy and Tim McVeigh.

Cop on patrol along Route 1 in Arlington, VA. Sees two vehicles, one with a majority of blacks in it and the other with a majority of white in it. In truth, both vehicles are carrying "weed". In this area, black youth's are more suspect ... profiling .... who does the cop pull over ? The black dudes. They get locked up and possibly sent away.

Who got away with the crime ? The white dudes.

I meant nothing sinister, no attempt at justification or rationalization, both sets were breaking the law. One got caught. One got caught because their skin color. That might be because their skin color is indicative of a larger population that COMMITS the crime, it might not be ... I don't know.

But what I do know is that there are a hell of a lot former druggies who aren't laid up in prison because they're white. They broke the same laws on the same streets. Right here in VA, near DC.

You don't want to know what's happened to brothers in other areas of Virginia.

Who brought up OJ ? That was great.

One black guy gets away with murder and all of a sudden this country forgets about the countless times whites, don't piss your pants you intellectually dishonest cunt flaps, got away with murder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

Sleep tight girls.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Possessing or selling of any drugs should be treated the same, but it's not.
Agreed. They should all be legal.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown