Famous Tower Records store on Sunset....Dying

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Famous Tower Records store on Sunset....Dying

Post by jtr »

Drove by the famous Tower Records store today on Sunset blvd in Hollywood Image and saw the Going out of Business sign. Freaking tragic. The store opened in 1969 and has been a landmark along Sunset Blvd since. The marquee outside the store had a simple message and REM lyrics said it all: "It's the end of the world as we know it. Thanks for your loyalty."
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

It will be gone faster when one of the A's flies into it
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

what ever happened to "Crazy Eddie"

his prices will drive you INSANE !!!

(sorry--I guess that was an east coast thing)
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Dont worry within a week of closing it will be a Starbucks
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
adam-$300
Elwood

Post by adam-$300 »

tough shit

sin,

http://www.allofmp3.com/
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

They made more as head shops than records.

Sin,

Every one under the age of 75 and over 40.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:They made more as head shops than records.
I was a big For What It's Worth guy-fwiw.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

What a trip...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Wolfman wrote:what ever happened to "Crazy Eddie"

his prices will drive you INSANE !!!

(sorry--I guess that was an east coast thing)
Dick Lewis was watching
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Famous Tower Records store on Sunset....Dying

Post by BSmack »

jtr wrote:Drove by the famous Tower Records store today on Sunset blvd in Hollywood and saw the Going out of Business sign. Freaking tragic.
A record store going out of business is "freaking tragic"?

Jess, 5 kids getting capped by a psycho pedophille is "freakin tragic". A record store going out of business is just a sign of the times. Get your fucking priorities straight.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eddie

I remember crazy eddie ......felon now
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote:
Roach wrote:I wonder how the Tower store in San Francisco is doing.
All of them are closing. They've been bought out and their assets are being liquidated.
All as in 100%, right, you clueless fuck. Link? Or don't you feel that it's necessary? God I've had enough of your vast overblown generalisations about subjects whose total knowledge you possess wouldn't fit inside a gnat's ballsack. I would suggest you do some actual research before you post anything further, but instead.....Just fuck off, please
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

The phantorino wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Roach wrote:I wonder how the Tower store in San Francisco is doing.
All of them are closing. They've been bought out and their assets are being liquidated.
All as in 100%, right, you clueless fuck. Link? Or don't you feel that it's necessary? God I've had enough of your vast overblown generalisations about subjects whose total knowledge you possess wouldn't fit inside a gnat's ballsack. I would suggest you do some actual research before you post anything further, but instead.....Just fuck off, please
You can't make this shit up, nice work phantorino epic YHKYOA.

http://www.vibe.com/news/news_headlines ... huts_down/
After 46 years running, the music store franchise Tower Records has been sold to a liquidator that will close all of its branches.

On Oct. 6, a federal bankruptcy judge in Wilmington, Del., approved the sale of Tower to Los Angeles-based liquidator Great American Group for $134.3 million according to the Associated Press.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

Oh yeah? So these don't exist, right/? Mvscal says it's dead, I get a link that says tha ll of these stores a figment of your imagination. Right now, right here, go to a Tower records store and let me know it's a freaking hole in the ground

Tower records
Luther Wrote:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Re: Famous Tower Records store on Sunset....Dying

Post by RadioFan »

BSmack wrote:A record store going out of business is "freaking tragic"?
Why yes. Yes, it is, you ASS.

Sincerely,

The RIAA

Btw, Fagtardino ... Nice job. You've managed to get mvscal to all but RACK TWIS (absolutely unheard of on these boards), and you seem to be in agreement with jtr. All in the same thread! Holy fuck, that's got to be a record for dumbassery around here.

Look, everybody knows it's "tragic" when a record store goes out of business. It's been that way, in the U.S., since about 1983, you fucking tard.

The issue here is why. No, not why you're an absolute moron, nobody cares. You just are. The sooner you accept that fact -- the sooner you read more and post less -- the better.

But I digress. It's because of the RIAA, utimately, that record stores such as this "historic" one, are closing. A corrupt business organization from the start that refused to grasp new technology and incorporate it, instead preferring profits and threats over innovation.

Sucks that this record store is being sold, just like it sucked that the one 10 blocks or so from me had to move because of an expansion of TU. Bottom line, though, is there will always be a nitch for these kinds of stores, no matter where they are located, and no matter which tards who believe Tower Records are a powerhouse in the music industry are shopping there.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

The phantorino wrote:Oh yeah? So these don't exist, right/? Mvscal says it's dead, I get a link that says tha ll of these stores a figment of your imagination. Right now, right here, go to a Tower records store and let me know it's a freaking hole in the ground

Tower records
I just love coming back from the weekend and seeing things like this.

This is a perfect example of "when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." Your post should have been more of a mea culpa, but you went the route of idiocy and attempted some sort of spin (pretty fucking pathetic attempt at that). If you had admitted you were wrong, I (and most others) would have given you an ounce of respect, but you chose plungering instead, thanks for the laugh.

Rack RF and mv for being so far in your dome, that you would risk crawling out so far out on the limb. snap, that's the sound of phantorino going down, down, down ...

RMoG, where are you when we need you most?
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?