Welcome to the New Reich (Spellcheck courtesy of PSU)

The best of the best
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I certainly wouldn't have recorded his classes and I probably also wouldn't have reported him to the authorities or anything but even back when I was fifteen and sitting in a 10th grade class I would've been all over that teacher right there in the classroom for comparing a U.S. president in any way to Adolph Hitler.

Anybody with half a brain and even a little spine would've ruined him in front of the class for making such an absurd comparison at all, much less to a bunch of kids in a geography class.
Screw_Michigan

Re: Welcome to the New Reich (Spellcheck courtesy of PSU)

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Cicero wrote:That teacher has an agenda and it is Anti-American
the only thing anti-american is your raging fucking idiocy and incestual rooting for duke basketball while being an FSU grad.

guess that's all i have to know about FSU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Rich Fader wrote:The correct answer is "none".
Did you listen to the tape?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Methinks Van doesn't understand the concept of a "comparison". Of course Bush can be compared with Hitler. Nowhere does it say that all comparisons be valid in order to be made.

Perhaps this kid felt that the comparison wasn't valid. So, he might undertake a rebuttal...instead of bleating about the comparison itself to the "authorities".
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I think mvscal would have racked him.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:Methinks Van doesn't understand the concept of a "comparison". Of course Bush can be compared with Hitler. Nowhere does it say that all comparisons be valid in order to be made.
Methinks PSU is engaging in disingenuous spin. Please, enough with the obfuscation bullshit.

An example of your point would be to compare Hitler to a Buick. Sure, a comparison could be made, but it'd be non sequitous and harmless and he therefore didn't make such a comparison.

His comparison wasn't without an agenda. It wasn't non sequitous, or even random. It was very specific and he made the comparison as a means of saying there are similarities.

He not only shouldn't be making statements like that in a 10th grade U.S. geography class but his comparison is dead wrong anyway. There are no similarities whatsoever between the two to draw such a comparison...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:comparing a U.S. president in any way to Adolph Hitler.

Anybody with half a brain and even a little spine
You're wrong, Van, regardless how you feel about the teacher or this circumstance.

Attempting to curtail civil rights (surely you must remember "there should be limits to freedom"), and basically saying "these people are out to get you, so we have to get them first" is a VERY valid comparison to Hitler's rise to power.

Throw all of the other rhetoric aside, and take these concepts at their base level, and you have a strong basis for comparison.

Let he who fogets history's lessons suffer the same fate...or something like that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I guess it wouldn't have been difficult to patch together a rebuttle, eh? Or screeching to the "authorities" is preferable?

The one lesson that the teacher undeniably provided was totally missed by this idiot.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

An example of your point would be to compare Hitler to a Buick.
At least he didn't say a woman is like a McGriddles.

I hate that fukken commercial.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Just finished listening to the tape. I see no problem with a teacher presenting different perspectives. It is his job, as a matter of fact. I know, Rich Fader is agitating for an explanation concerning the inclusion of "differing political perspectives" in geography class. Well, if it's high school its probably a survey course and probably all the different "geographies" are introduced: physical, social, political, historical etc etc. If the whole course over one or two semesters sounded like that tape all the time, then lets see about the teacher's deal.

Perspective is a crucial theme in geography in all of it's branches. As much as Bennish sounded like the consummate "hate amerika first" type, there is no question that there is value in pointing out to students that a better world is out of reach if we (America) act with zero regard for the point of view of other nations (likewise with them).

velocet
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

velocet wrote: probably all the different "geographies" are introduced: physical, social, political, historical etc etc.
Geographical geography might be a novel inclusion in that, don't you teeenk?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

velocet wrote:As much as Bennish sounded like the consummate "hate amerika first" type,

BINGO!

I listened to the whole thing and I didn't hear any teaching but I did hear a lot of preaching. Did he really need to raise his voice that much? He seemed pretty passionate about what he was saying. People who speak with that much vigor tend to lack the ability to be objective. Teach the facts, dickhead. Its freaking 10th grade geography for crying out loud. There will be more than enought time for them to hear you spew your anti-American nonsense when they get to college.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

There will be more than enought time for them to hear you spew your anti-American nonsense when they get to college.
lemme guess...you're thinking of applying for a college teaching position?
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

PSUFAN wrote:
There will be more than enought time for them to hear you spew your anti-American nonsense when they get to college.
lemme guess...you're thinking of applying for a college teaching position?
What better place to pick up chicks!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Helpful hint, PUS: using I Know You Are, But What Am I? smack on someone else's behalf is pretty fucking gay.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

When we need to know when something is gay, coods, we'll definitely wait on your expert opinion.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Dude filling in for Ed Schulz on Air America is going to address this issue in a few minutes. Fill-in guy is based in Colorado. It will be interesting to hear how much praise this teacher will get: you know its coming from this dude.

TTB, Cudes, as much as I'd like to personally show the fukker the error of his ways in discussion, because you know where he's coming from, the fact that he explicitly said that the whole presentation was food for out of the box thought validates it all.

velocet
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, teaching a 10th grade geography class is not the time to be practicing your freedom of speech rights. You're there to teach geography. You're not there to give political science editorials.

Wrong message, period, and definitely the wrong venue for it.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

velocet wrote:the fact that he explicitly said that the whole presentation was food for out of the box thought validates it all.
Somehow I doubt his students are getting a well balanced diet.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

TenTallBen wrote:
velocet wrote:the fact that he explicitly said that the whole presentation was food for out of the box thought validates it all.
I doubt you would know. 20 minutes hardly defines a year's class content.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

TenTallBen wrote:Somehow I doubt his students are getting a well balanced diet.

Actually, you're right, but not for the reason you typed that. The steady diet is overwhelmingly "America is the center of the world". It is so pervasive that we here don't realize the water we're swimmin' in. A little bit of dissent from that default point of view is a help. A common criticism of the inhabitants of the U.S. is thoroughgoing myopia on many fronts. We can withstand a measure of "you're not the only ones on the planet" talk. We can withstand it because we're the baddest.
:mrgreen:

velocet
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

BSmack wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:
I doubt you would know. 20 minutes hardly defines a year's class content.
You must not be a very good judge of character. People like him would rather cut off their own nutsack than teach anything pro-american. I'd be willing to bet on it. Neither of us will know so I find no reason to argue about it...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Regardless, a high school geography class is not the place to be comparing Bush to Hitler in any way, shape or form...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Regardless, a high school geography class is not the place to be comparing Bush to Hitler in any way, shape or form...
Why not?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

velocet wrote:Just finished listening to the tape. I see no problem with a teacher presenting different perspectives. It is his job, as a matter of fact. I know, Rich Fader is agitating for an explanation concerning the inclusion of "differing political perspectives" in geography class. Well, if it's high school its probably a survey course and probably all the different "geographies" are introduced: physical, social, political, historical etc etc. If the whole course over one or two semesters sounded like that tape all the time, then lets see about the teacher's deal.

Perspective is a crucial theme in geography in all of it's branches. As much as Bennish sounded like the consummate "hate amerika first" type, there is no question that there is value in pointing out to students that a better world is out of reach if we (America) act with zero regard for the point of view of other nations (likewise with them).

velocet
You mean....

you mean....

you mean geography isn't just about lines on a map?
(Oh, wait, there's names that go between the lines, right?)

[shocked] No freaking way[/shocked]

Sin,
Sissy
Cude
Van
TTB
mvscal
and the rest of the poorly educated dolts on this board.

BTW, I wish you all would fucking learn to spell rubuttal.
Every time I see "rebuttle" it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

As a product of the Cherry Creek school system and having been exposed to liberal bias in college, I can't possibly see how you can't side with the kid here. The only debate here should be to what degree does the teacher get punished.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Van wrote:Regardless, a high school geography class is not the place to be comparing Bush to Hitler in any way, shape or form...
Why not?
Other than there being no validity to the comparison?

No wonder these kids suck at geography. They couldn't point to Germany on the map, but they know that Bush is just like Hitler.
Just because you were incapable of understanding the distinction doesn't mean it wasn't made.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:BTW, I wish you all would fucking learn to spell rubuttal.
I wish I had a nickel for every time a tard kicked his own ass trying to run spelling smack.
:lol:

tooshay

Except typos and spelling are not the same thing.

Thnaks for confirming your ignorance.
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
I wish I had a nickel for every time a tard kicked his own ass trying to run spelling smack.

touchay

Asking mv to confirm his ignorance is like asking Old Faithful to spew hot water every 60 minutes.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack wrote:
Why not?
Because it's geography, not political science. Also, because it's an asinine comparison and you can be certain he didn't open up the floor to let kids soapbox their own asinine drivel...

Parents don't pay taxes so that high school geography teachers can take class time to attempt to fill their kids' heads with Bush-Hitler comparisons.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
Parents don't pay taxes so that high school geography teachers can take class time to attempt to fill their kids' heads with Bush-Hitler comparisons.
How do you know?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey wrote:
Van wrote:
How do you know?
How don't you know??
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:

tooshay

I know, the "u" is just so close to the "e"

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Because it's geography, not political science.
Have you ever taken any political science classes? Understanding WHY borders are what they are is as important as understanding WHERE they are.
Also, because it's an asinine comparison and you can be certain he didn't open up the floor to let kids soapbox their own asinine drivel...
Actualy, I can be certain he did. You see, I listened to the whole 20 minute tape, including the portion of the tape where the taper kid directly challenged his teacher's opinion.
No, they pay so that their kids may learn. And the smarter ones do everything they can to encourage their children to think independently. If this guy were to be fired, I would be more than happy to have him teach in my school district and to teach my children.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Van wrote:Because it's geography, not political science.
Have you ever taken any political science classes? Understanding WHY borders are what they are is as important as understanding WHERE they are.
Needless to say, some leftwing moron spewing Bushitler bilge is accomplishing neither of those objectives.
Obviously you didn't listen to the tape. You lose.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote: Have you ever taken any political science classes? Understanding WHY borders are what they are is as important as understanding WHERE they are.
Needless to say, some leftwing moron spewing Bushitler bilge is accomplishing neither of those objectives.
Obviously you didn't listen to the tape. You lose.
I listened to it. Do you deny there is a left wing bias, yes or no? Let's start there.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

WhatsMyName wrote:
Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote: I wish I had a nickel for every time a tard kicked his own ass trying to run spelling smack.

tooshay

I know, the "u" is just so close to the "e"
You really like the taste of my ankle, don't you?
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Bennish's comparison was based on the use of the military in foreign policy. Ok so far. Both leaders have done that. Then we have the notion from Bennish that both leaders sought to impose their respective ideas of how the world should work on the invaded nations. NOT a problem!

But it ends there. Hitler wanted to physically eliminate Judaism from the planet. Kill all of the living ones and even erase the memory of the deceased: they went so far as to remove Jewish headstones from cemetaries for use in sidewalk construction. I wonder how far Bennish would get with his train of thought in Israel. I remember that Israeli public opinion prior to the '04 election favored Bush. How would Hitler do in poll conducted in Israel?

Beyond the Holocaust, there was the policy of obtaining "living space" in the East by driving those subhuman Slavs out or into slavery.

Such was Hitler's vision.

The vision Bush has "imposed" upon Afganistan and Iraq, the one where people choose their government... democracy?

Yeah, similar.

velocet
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Van wrote:
How do you know?
How don't you know??
I didn't say it wasn't true, but how do you know?

Are you a parent?
Do you have kids in high school?
If not than you have no reason to make that statement.

I do have kids in HS and appreciate teachers that actually have an opinion, one way or the other.

Anyway, a comparison does not necessarily imply sameness or similarity. Ever heard the term 'compare and contrast"? A good teacher will sometimes make a comparison that isn't necessarily true, or completely valid, and ask the kids to analyze and compare different aspects. It's called thinking.
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

WhatsMyName wrote:I listened to it. Do you deny there is a left wing bias, yes or no? Let's start there.
Left wing bias? Where? When the teacher was condemning the bombing of the Sudan by Clinton? When he was reading the definition of Capitalism from the dictionary verbatim?

No, please do feel free to offer a holistic analysis of this lecture that shows where the bias is.

And no, disagreeing with the present Administration is not in and of itself "left wing bias".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown