Who wants to win money?? My LOCKS!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Who wants to win money?? My LOCKS!

Post by TheJON »

Okay, for anyone that bets on college football, here are some picks you can take to the bookie and make a few bucks on. These spreads are per Yahoo.

Alabama -12 1/2 at Ole Miss
Iowa -14 1/2 vs Indiana
Missouri -6 vs Iowa State
UCLA -6 at Wazzou
TCU -23 vs Army
Nebraska -2 1/2 at Baylor
Taco Tech -14 vs K-State
USC -11 1/2 at Notre Dame
Louisville -7 at West Virginia
Auburn -7 1/2 at Arkansas
Cal -16 vs Oregon State

(Disclaimer: I do not encourage gambling on sports, especially college athletics, nor do I gamble myself. However, in the event that you were to place some bets on CFB, these are the ones you should pick. And for anyone that thinks they can beat me against the spread, you have no chance.)
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Who wants to win money?? My LOCKS!

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:(Disclaimer: I do not encourage gambling on sports, especially college athletics, nor do I gamble myself. However, in the event that you were to place some bets on CFB, these are the ones you should pick. And for anyone that thinks they can beat me against the spread, you have no chance.)
Well it looks like you have a nice career ahead of you, JON. If you're so confident, why don't you tell us which side you're playing by entering the pick 'em contest?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Of your list, that looks like the only "lock". The others are just "good picks" at best.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oops, I meant to mention that my winners were in the first column. I hadn't realized that I only picked favorites to cover.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mgo,

Iowa at home is a lock. We almost always cover at home. ISU is really bad against the spread on the road and they are getting really close to just packing it in for the season. Wazzou is terrible and UCLA probably isn't as good as their record, but still more than 6 points better than Washington State is. Baylor just got their first ever Big-12 road win, so that should set them up perfectly for a letdown against Nebraska. Army is terrible. They just lost AT HOME to Central Michigan. TCU is one of the better mid-majors. They should win that by 40 or more. West Virginia is not that good, and Louisville can score points like crazy. Should be a 3 TD win for them.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't think the picks are bad, I just wouldn't label them all as locks. We simply have a difference of opinion when it comes to what defines a "lock". To me, you usually don't have more than 3 games in any given week that are considered locks. To me, a lock is just shy of a guarantee. A "lock" is a pick that you feel is about 90%. Though the actual odds are not that high, that is how the pick feels to you. Now, of those 11 picks, how many do you think you will get right? 7? 8? If you think you're guaranteed to go 11/11 on spread picks, you are an utter fool.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just pick games for fun and try to get over 60% against the spread. I usually pick only the games with teams in major conferences or the top mid majors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you bet against the spread, it pay 110/100 for a win. Is that right? So, 50% = winning. I'm basically a degenerate gamble that doesn't actually place any bets!!!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Over/Unders are where it's at when it comes to betting money. They're much easier to predict and the trends/patterns hold up more consistently with them.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

here is a lock, I make my picks and everyone else pick the opposite. I suck at gambling, thats why I never do it.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Uh, no Jon. You bet $110 to win $100. So because of that you need to be closer to 60% to break even.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. I had it backwards. 50% isn't difficult to do. That sounds more accurate.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Both teams are plagued with injuries, but G. Tech -20 @ Duke is a good money pick. Everyone who has played Duke this year has covered the spread, whether it's been 20 or 45.
Last edited by MgoBlue-LightSpecial on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah tahts not a bad pick. Heck, even Miami covered against Duke and they almost never cover it seems.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

TheJON wrote:Yeah tahts not a bad pick. Heck, even Miami covered against Duke and they almost never cover it seems.
They covered against Colorado. :oops:

My favorite out of your list is probably Mizzou -6 vs ISU.
"Keys, woman!"
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

TheJON wrote:Okay, for anyone that bets on college football, here are some picks you can take to the bookie and make a few bucks on. These spreads are per Yahoo.

Iowa -14 1/2 vs Indiana
UCLA -6 at Wazzou
TCU -23 vs Army
Taco Tech -14 vs K-State
Cal -16 vs Oregon State

(Disclaimer: I do not encourage gambling on sports, especially college athletics, nor do I gamble myself. However, in the event that you were to place some bets on CFB, these are the ones you should pick. And for anyone that thinks they can beat me against the spread, you have no chance.)
LOSS
WIN
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
WIN
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
LOSS

So ummm, yeah. Don't quit your day job.
FIGHT ON!
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

GreginPG wrote:
TheJON wrote:Okay, for anyone that bets on college football, here are some picks you can take to the bookie and make a few bucks on. These spreads are per Yahoo.

Iowa -14 1/2 vs Indiana
UCLA -6 at Wazzou
TCU -23 vs Army
Taco Tech -14 vs K-State
Cal -16 vs Oregon State

LOSS
WIN
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
WIN
LOSS
LOSS
WIN
LOSS

So ummm, yeah. Don't quit your day job.
:lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

My lock for next week, take the JON's pics and go the other way.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

....and if you clean a few of them up, you could have a 100% weekend...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

TheJON wrote:Okay, for anyone that bets on college football, here are some picks you can take to the bookie and (let him) make a few bucks on. These spreads are per Yahoo.

Iowa -14 1/2 vs Indiana
UCLA -6 at Wazzou
TCU -23 vs Army
Taco Tech -14 vs K-State
Cal -16 vs Oregon State

Good job there Einstein, Vegas loves dolts like you.

64% house win (you lose) rate is what keeps the lights on in Sin City.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

'Tis why I do not bet. Because of weeks like this. Shit, it happens. Some weeks are better than others.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I went 2/3 on money games this Saturday, earning a profit. Wins were Georgia Tech -21 over Duke (every team that has played Duke this year has covered) and Auburn -7.5 over Arkansas. UCLA was the team that fucked me. I really thought they would cover that 5.5, regardless of WSU's recent success against them.