I have recently decided to quit living in fear

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: I have recently decided to quit living in fear

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:So the fundies took "born again" and used it as a catch-phrase to be arrogant idiots?
If it helps you sleep better at night, think of it in terms of YOUR born again moment - when you ditched your real-life name to become... Dinsdale.

Born again, you began to feverishly master Google, dream up creative ways to inform other human beings that they are mentally inferior, and sought to elicite as much weeping and gnashing of teeth as possible.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

poptart wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:So the fundies took "born again" and used it as a catch-phrase to be arrogant idiots?
If it helps you sleep better at night, think of it in terms of YOUR born again moment - when you ditched your real-life name to become... Dinsdale.

Born again, you began to feverishly master Google, dream up creative ways to inform other human beings that they are mentally inferior, and sought to elicite as much weeping and gnashing of teeth as possible.

nigga what
why is my neighborhood on fire
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I'm not much of a Christer, but I do find a good portion of the ten commandments to be pretty much spot on when applying them to living life the correct way. I think there is a lot of good in the bible that helps us keep our nose clean. I'm not saying you have to become a believer, but the message shouldn't go without its due credit.

All I know is I don't think it's right to kill, covet my neighbor's wife or his goods, lie, steal, and commit adultery. I'd like to think most of you on this board live that way, too.

I learned all those things through my parents and through the church, so it's not all bad and doom and gloom.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:I'm not much of a Christer, but I do find a good portion of the ten commandments to be pretty much spot on when applying them to living life the correct way. I think there is a lot of good in the bible that helps us keep our nose clean. I'm not saying you have to become a believer, but the message shouldn't go without its due credit.

All I know is I don't think it's right to kill, covet my neighbor's wife or his goods, lie, steal, and commit adultery. I'd like to think most of you on this board live that way, too.

I learned all those things through my parents and through the church, so it's not all bad and doom and gloom.
Plenty of atheists bring their children up with healthy respect for law and order too. A church is hardly necessary for that purpose. If you want to view it as some kind of social club where you can get together and do something worthwhile, then fine. But you can do that at a Moose lodge or Lions Club or volunteer fire department
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'm always amazed when otherwise sane people credit the Bible for teaching them not to kill, lie, steal, etc, as if they wouldn't have figured that shit out on their own...by the end of third grade.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

BSmack wrote:Plenty of atheists bring their children up with healthy respect for law and order too. A church is hardly necessary for that purpose.
I never said atheists didn't and I also didn't say a church was necessary for that purpose.

But I must ask, where do you think Atheists originally learned these morals and vaules?

I'm not saying Christianity originated all of them, 'cus we all know it's still a pretty young religion. But, I think most atheists learned those set of rules through church before they converted.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Go Coogs' wrote:I'm not much of a Christer, but I do find a good portion of the ten commandments to be pretty much spot on when applying them to living life the correct way.

civilization must have been a series of backstabbing murders until the ten commandments showed up. without them there would be no laws.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Van wrote:I'm always amazed when otherwise sane people credit the Bible for teaching them not to kill, lie, steal, etc, as if they wouldn't have figured that shit out on their own...by the end of third grade.
Yes, yes, I realize this is common sense, but our laws here in the states are pretty much structured around these commandments. There is a lot of other passages in the bible that we can apply to situations of today that can guide us or help us find a solution. Maybe you feel differently, Van, and think you've got it all figured out, but I'd bet my 401k that you were in a state of fear at one point of your adult life and didn't know who or what to turn to for comfort.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

I always believed that "religion" came about as was a way for one, or a group of people, to scare others into believing what THEY wanted them to.

I mean, there are SO many....and they're all pretty much telling their followers how horrendous their lives and "souls" will end up if they don't worship according to the "word" that their denomination deems as true and correct.

I don't need the fear of "God" to be a decent person, and honestly, anyone that does kinda scares me. It's laughable to me that this book....written by MAN and supposedly the word of "God", can be so flawed and full of ridiculousness, yet people eat it up without question because it's damn wonderful to feel as if, awful and alone, you're never unloved or forgotten.

As long as these people aren't in my face about their beliefs, I don't get in theirs about mine.

Oh, and BSmack, friend me on FB.....you decrepit faggot.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Van wrote:I'm always amazed when otherwise sane people credit the Bible for teaching them not to kill, lie, steal, etc, as if they wouldn't have figured that shit out on their own...by the end of third grade.
Yes, yes, I realize this is common sense, but our laws here in the states are pretty much structured around these commandments. There is a lot of other passages in the bible that we can apply to situations of today that can guide us or help us find a solution. Maybe you feel differently, Van, and think you've got it all figured out, but I'd bet my 401k that you were in a state of fear at one point of your adult life and didn't know who or what to turn to for comfort.
:popcorn:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Co'o'ogs, many cultures had already adopted a basic level of societal sanity long before the Bible ever came about, so clearly the Bible was never necessary to teach people the most basic tenets of morality.

As for my being in fear/doubt/crisis/whatever sometime during my life? Sure, and at no point did the Bible or God ever step up and lend a hand. Even when I was young...nope. Nothing. Apparently God's "master plan" was to let my father die, then my wife, and I was just supposed to suffer.

Somehow, all those primitive fairy tales and common sense edicts in the Bible really didn't change a thing. I already knew the moral truths before graduating grade school, and the fairy tales only grew ever more insulting.

Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Interesting that you'd feel "victimized" for believing in "God", Spray.

Can you remember a time when YOUR kids were "uninvited" to birthday parties and such because you believed in "God"?

See, when things like that happen to my family for "not believing", I don't get too upset about it. I find the hypocrisy more amusing, if anything. I also feel just FINE knowing that I'll never have that kind of hypocrisy in my life.

I think that us, as decent human beings, should give OURSELVES a little more credit.

(Although that does look kinda silly making that remark to a screen name such as "shutyomouth") :)
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Go Coogs' wrote:
But I must ask, where do you think Atheists originally learned these morals and vaules?
morals and values aren't "learned" they are intrinsic traits that are not only present human beings, but demonstrated throughout much of the animal kingdom as well....they are traits necessary for survival....the terms "moral and values" are simply words created by humans to describe these inherent traits
Papa Willie wrote:
Why can't I believe in God and just have atheists say "that's okay"?
your belief is completely okay

but atheism is not a "belief"....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:but atheism is not a "belief"....
sure it is.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ana wrote:I always believed that "religion" came about as was a way for one, or a group of people, to scare others into believing what THEY wanted them to.
To be honest, people coming to have a belief in Christ came about almost exactly opposite from that.

When Jesus was crucified and put to rest in his tomb, his apostles were scared shitless and they hid (for fear of being slaughtered themselves), thinking it was game over.
They were MASSIVELY outnumbered and were in NO position at all to try to scare anyone into anything.

But then somehow * this rag-tag group of scared and MASSIVELY outnumbered "societal zeros" did a 180 and were able to begin convincing everyone that this man, Jesus, did in fact rise from the dead and is in fact the promised Christ.

* :wink:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
Felix wrote:but atheism is not a "belief"....
sure it is.
wrong.....it's absense of belief
your (and others) assertion that atheism is a belief is based on the assumption that belief in a supreme being is some sort of default starting position

it's not
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Felix, just like religious faith, atheism is a faith-based belief in the unknowable. You can only believe that there is no such thing as God. You cannot know it. Science has no capacity to prove/disprove it.

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
poptart wrote: If it helps you sleep better at night, think of it in terms of YOUR born again moment - when you ditched your real-life name to become... Dinsdale.

Thus explaining my becoming a Dinsdalian.
Your Google skills will keep you on the outside looking in.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

http://www.ananda.org/

Here you go..this bunch has bought a 55 acre complex out here in a pretty rural area. They are fixing it up for an "educational" center. You give them all the shit you have in life and they take care of you. Mostly young people, but a few older people as well. Probably some drugs and free sex going on too.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:http://www.ananda.org/

Here you go..this bunch has bought a 55 acre complex out here in a pretty rural area. They are fixing it up for an "educational" center. You give them all the shit you have in life and they take care of you. Mostly young people, but a few older people as well. Probably some drugs and free sex going on too.

RACK!

Sin,
The Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:You can only believe that there is no such thing as God.
there is a serious logical flaw here...there's a big difference between disbelief and absense of belief
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:
there is a serious logical flaw here...there's a big difference between disbelief and absense of belief
Results are the same. You're going to hell. Tell Sam I said "Hi".
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
I equate athiesm with the belief that there is no God (G0d or g0D ...maybe).

Agnosticism is closer to not believing one way or the other, but it actually has its own belief system, i.e. that the ultimate truth about the existence or non-existence of God is not just unknown but unknowable.

I guess there needs to be a term for "not sure" or "doesn't give a fuck". Is that Dindsalianism?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey wrote:
Felix wrote:
I equate athiesm with the belief that there is no God (G0d or g0D ...maybe).

Agnosticism is closer to not believing one way or the other, but it actually has its own belief system, i.e. that the ultimate truth about the existence or non-existence of God is not just unknown but unknowable.
Mikey wins the Buick...with one caveat. This agnostic believes in the possibility that God is knowable. If God truly exists, it would be very easy for Him to make himself known. The fact that He doesn't means one of two things: 1. He doesn't exist. 2. He does exist, and just doesn't give a fuck.

Either option leaves an agnostic feeling all agnostic-y.
Last edited by Van on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Results are the same. You're going to hell. Tell Sam I said "Hi".
I reject the notion of hell.

I expect to "retire" in Portland when I croak.
So you're spending eternity in Purgatory. Fabulous.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ensconced within the warm, delirious embrace of Dinsdalianism, every day is a shitfaced Festivus.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
Derron wrote:http://www.ananda.org/

RACK!

Sin,
The Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
Exactly..talk about deja vue ...went out to the Ananda Center to look at some furniture they were donating to a non profit I volunteer for..they bought the old Laurelwood Academy. I was out there a hundred years ago as a firefighter, and delivered heating oil and gas out there then too. Real flash back walking into those buildings after all these years and guess what..

There is large pictures of some hairy looking Indian dude all over the place..vegan menu in the dining hall..a lot of young people working all over the place in this piece of shit 50 year old building.. a few older people and a suitable number of very fuckable women with a starry look in their eye..one of the guys I was with asked them what was up, and he gave the whole recruitment story. Just a real creepy feeling and could not wait to get the fuck out of there.

It was a complete flashback to the Rajneesh days. I delivered truck and trailers of diesel, gas and av gas over there a few times. First time they searched my truck, they took offense to my .357 Magnum in the cab. They paid in cash, and I had to get back to Gresham before I could get to a night deposit or the bank. Local drivers see you turning in there would threaten to burn you out over the CB radio. The Rajneesh's had to get up and look into each tank on the truck and trailer.

Those were some strange people, and they liked their drugs big time, made them more freaky than ever. And to think this shit maybe happening a short 6 miles from my abode.
Derron
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:Hmmm....

Adolf Hitler, in Mein Kampf, wrote:I am doing the Lord's work.
So, is Hitler still responsible for ALL WW2 deaths, Brad, now that we have actual facts in evidence (pretty sure the Japanese weren't taking their inspiration from Hitler-BTW)?

Nice job tarding.
Dinsdale, Felix, YOU ARE BOTH TARDS! This is what crazy nutjobs try in vain to prove, "Im doing the Lord's work" end quote, OH, so a retard like you thinks this proves that Hitler was a christian?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Just because he says he is doing the "lord's" work, OK, Hitler is a christian, THANKS!!!

Felix and Dinsdale just showed why this board knows that you two are retards and idiots alike.

Hitler MOCKED both christianity and Judaism alike. Anyone who remotely knows of the teachings of Jesus Christ, understands that Hitler was in no way shape or form a christian.

YES, Hitler invaded and conquered and murdered without remorse, so YES, He is totally responsible for the some 75 million lives lost.

The mere fact that I had to explain this FACT to you Felix and Dinsdale? Shows your total stupidity.

You guys both showed why you are trolls and laughingstocks.

WOW, "im doing the Lord's work", GEE, that proves without a doubt that im a bona-fide christian.
Thanks felix, thanks dinsdale, now go suck each others dick some more.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:
I expect to "retire" in Portland when I croak.
You are too fucking old. To retire in Portland you have to be under 35. Nice try. Mix in another episode of "Portlandia" for more information.
Derron
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adolf Hitler wrote:My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

Would you like a few hundred more examples, Brad? They're certainly out there -- or have you deemed yourself the judge of who is and isn't a "good christian" which disqualifies you from actually being a "good christian," according to your own Operator's Manual?

Dumbass.

I thought you people were supposed to forgive others of their sins, rather than disassociate with the sinners in order to preserve the percieved "good name" of your religion

You're KYOA up one side and down the other... please continue.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Nobody ever figures that out on their own at any time let alone third grade.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:morals and values aren't "learned" they are intrinsic traits that are not only present human beings,
100% bullshit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:If God truly exists, it would be very easy for Him to make himself known. The fact that He doesn't means one of two things: 1. He doesn't exist. 2. He does exist, and just doesn't give a fuck.
A different consideration might be...

3. God has made Himself known, but it has been in a way in which you think seems incorrect, so you reject Him.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Felix, just like religious faith, atheism is a faith-based belief in the unknowable. You can only believe that there is no such thing as God. You cannot know it. Science has no capacity to prove/disprove it.
This is a bullshit cop out. You can just as easily say the same thing about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:Would you like a few hundred more examples, Brad? They're certainly out there -- or have you deemed yourself the judge of who is and isn't a "good christian" which disqualifies you from actually being a "good christian," according to your own Operator's Manual?

Dumbass.
Hitler was in no way , shape or form a Christian. He used them and certainly knew how to manipulate their beliefs to his advantage but his personal beliefs were a weird mash up of Germanic paganism and Eastern occultism. The long term objective was the eradication of Christianity and its replacement with Hitler's own quasi-religion.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:morals and values aren't "learned" they are intrinsic traits that are not only present human beings,
100% bullshit.
Yep. Social norms are indeed learned through observation and/or it is taught. It is said that a person develops all of their morals and values by the age of seven. Not sure if that is true or not, but I do know that it is not an "intrinsic trait".
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart wrote:
Van wrote:If God truly exists, it would be very easy for Him to make himself known. The fact that He doesn't means one of two things: 1. He doesn't exist. 2. He does exist, and just doesn't give a fuck.
A different consideration might be...

3. God has made Himself known, but it has been in a way in which you think seems incorrect, so you reject Him.
Nonsense. There is no 'correct' or 'incorrect.' There is only 'effective' or 'ineffective.' Since God has failed to convince me of His existence, that means His closing technique sucks. Believe me, I'm a pushover for an effective sales pitch, especially when I already want what the person is selling. So, God is either incompetent or indifferent. I'll let you choose, but I'd tend to go with the latter, giving him credit for not being the former.

In any case, your explanation is simply a perfect example of choice number two. If God truly existed and wanted me to know about it, He could easily make it happen...right? He has that sort of power, doesn't He? Fairy tales written by primitive men do not constitute anything close to sufficient proof of God's existence. Rather than relying on an ancient, poorly written brochure as His sole effort, He could easily provide real proof in the here and now. Instead, by your lights, He stubbornly refuses to get off his lazy ass and do a damn thing more because that stupid book sitting beneath the Little Caesar's pizza flyer in the drawer at Motel 6 ought to be plenty good enough.

Yep, either He doesn't exist or He doesn't give a shit. There are no other options.
Last edited by Van on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

dinsdalianism-opiate of the closing time obese bar skank.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:
Adolf Hitler wrote:My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

Would you like a few hundred more examples, Brad? They're certainly out there -- or have you deemed yourself the judge of who is and isn't a "good christian" which disqualifies you from actually being a "good christian," according to your own Operator's Manual?

Dumbass.

I thought you people were supposed to forgive others of their sins, rather than disassociate with the sinners in order to preserve the percieved "good name" of your religion

You're KYOA up one side and down the other... please continue.
Dinsdale, There have been stupid posters on this forum , BUT YOU ARE NUMBER ONE! Your last post, proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are ONE DUMB CLUELESS FAGGOTT.

FIRST, I am not judging anybody, I dont have to, I use brains and common sense.

As I stated in my post, a christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus, Hitler did not.
Not only did Hitler NOT follow the teachings of Jesus, HE MOCKED THEM. He never even tried to follow what Jesus taught. IN FACT, he did the OPPOSITE all through his life.

Another example is the KU KLUX KLAN. These lunatics ALSO claim to be christians, YET, throughout their history, they go against the teachings of Jesus. This is simple stuff, its all out in the open, ANYONE with half a brain, can look at the teachings of Jesus, and clearly see that Hitler was in no way shape or form, a christian, NOR did he try to be. Throughout his life, he did exactly the opposite of what Jesus taught, and he often mocked and ridiculed both christians and Jews.

I must now laugh and mock you, You are a clown and an idiot for trying to match wits with me. I see you for what you are, a sick lying piece of shit. You thought that if you posted quotes of Hitler professing his christian faith, that somehow it would prove your point?

Ive got news for you son, Im not one of the morons you hang with, who would completely be swayed by your stupidity. I see right through your spin, and I MOCK you for the idiot you are.

Its way too easy to kick your faggott ass up and down this forum. WOW!! Dinsdale says that because Hitler says he is a christian, IT MUST BE TRUE!!! WOW!!! YIPPEEEE!!! GEE dinsdale, I didnt realize how bright you are?

ANOTHER sidenote, Dinsdale? did you think that I didnt know about those quotes you posted?
I bet you patted yourself on the back after you posted them? You thought you had posted something that I had no idea about? Not only did I know about them, BUT, I ALSO KNEW that a simple-minded fool such as yourself would cut and paste them in here, in a vain attempt to prove that Hitler was a christian.

The problem for you? You didnt realize that you arent surrounded by your dimwitted idiot friends.
SO it didnt work. The posters in here can actually think and understand and formulate based on years of education and worldliness. I myself am a sophisticated New Yorker, so when I see a dimwitt like you dinsdale, I salivate.

P s.

You brought up the concept of "forgiveness?" that is a concept that you know nothing about, the person has to want forgiveness, truly want and desire it, be broken about his sin, on bended knee. with a heart open to receive it.

Hitler NEVER in his life came to that point, in fact, he died like a coward, not at any point did he want or ask for forgiveness. He went down in a hail of bulletts, just like a maniac killer, taking as many lives as he can, all the way down to hell.

You are a joke, I kicked your pimply aids infected ass.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Go Coogs' wrote: but I do know that it is not an "intrinsic trait".
it most certainly is....when the first humans developed, they learned pretty quickly that working cooperatively was much more successful for survival than going it alone.....many animals demonstrate the same cooperative behaviors, and demonstrate what we would term to be "moral" behavior....capuchin monkeys cooperatively share food and demonstrate "moralistic" behaviors such as ostracizing group members that treat others among the groups unfairly....other species demonstrate "moral" behaviors such as empathy, reciprocity, altruism etc. and these sorts of behaviors aren't limited to monkey's and apes...these types of "moral" behaviors are demonstrated by wolves, coyotes, elephants, whales, dolphins, hyenas, rats, mice and countless other species that live in cooperatives.....

so do animals have "morals"? they certainly demonstrate behaviors that we would consider to be "moral"? so where do these "morals" come from?
bradhusker wrote:
You brought up the concept of "forgiveness?" that is a concept that you know nothing about, the person has to want forgiveness, truly want and desire it, be broken about his sin, on bended knee. with a heart open to receive it.

Hitler NEVER in his life came to that point
and you know this how? how do you know that right before he died he didn't accept jesus christ as his savior and according to christian mysticism isn't residing at the right hand of god right now, while the millions of jews he killed are all burning in hell because they never accepted christ as their savior....well of course, there's going to have to be some "get out of jail free cards" that can be extracted from the bible...

what about children who starve to death without ever having the chance to "find christ"? christers throw up their hands and say such things as "I don't know what god's plan for them is", yet they can say assuredly that I'm going straight to hell....

yeah, christian mysticism is a pretty fucked up system