Peter Queen ranks 'em, 1-32

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Re: Peter Queen ranks 'em, 1-32

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote: Screw your reverse karma Tom. That kind of crap isn't going to work in the regular season and there's certainly no place for it in the off-season.
5 rings to the Skins' 3 ? No reverse karma here, yet. You don't need to worry about Redskins fan voodoo anyway. Were I you, I'd be more concerned with the HBO Jinx and whether or not the team hamming it up for the cameras will distract them.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 4fc57.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last time they were there wasn't good. But then again neither were the Cowboys. But the teams this show has visited haven't fared too well during the season. Ask KC fan.
I hear ya on that Tom. I am not a fan of HBO stalking the fields of Oxnard. However, I will get to see for myself just how the Cowboys are dealing with it. Two years ago I went freakin Dinsdale. This is no BS, but I was one of very very few, who were yelling to put in Tony Romo. People were looking at me like I was freakin nuts. Looks like my talent peepers should land me a gig with an NFL team. 8)

Anyways, I am happy the Boys will be in SoCal, but I certainly could do without the cameras flashing the lights on TO and Pacman. Drama in the making.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

trev wrote:
poptart wrote:
- SD is #5 -- and destined for 8-8, IMO

React
Jealous much?
Not jealous.

I don't regard Norv Turner very highly at all.
He took your team down 3 games last year.
Maybe you didn't notice?

I see the same trend continuing.

8-8
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
I don't regard Norv Turner at all.
ftfy
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:
trev wrote:
poptart wrote:
- SD is #5 -- and destined for 8-8, IMO

React
Jealous much?
Not jealous.

I don't regard Norv Turner very highly at all.
He took your team down 3 games last year.
Maybe you didn't notice?

I see the same trend continuing.

8-8
To be perfectly fair, that's kind of like saying that Bill Cowher took the 2005 Steelers down 4 games from the 2004 team.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Rivers still has to prove that he can come back to full strength from his knee injury.

LT will be fine, but it seems that O-line stuggled some last year in creating open space for him.

I was completely surprised the Dolts did nothing to bolster their WR core. There were a lot of names out there on the market and they did not make the move. I guess their convinced Chambers can be a number 1 guy with Jackson as a 1a guy. IMO, they are still thin at that position.

Their defense should be deece and that division they play in is in a transition period for the most part, so its likely the Dolts finish 11-5 this year.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Tom In VA wrote: I think he has the NFC locked down pretty tight. Dallas and the New York Football Giants will be the top contenders with Phili and Washington floundering behind them.
The Eagles could very likely flounder if McNabb gets hurt again but if he remains healthy throughout the year (and that's a significant "if") then I see them in heavy contention for the NFC East. The Eagles aren't moving Shepherd for anything less than a 1st rounder at this point so if they were to start the season with the current secondary, not many teams will be able to throw against them. Defensively this team will be very strong and the anticipation is for them to force a lot of turnovers. They were last in that area in 07.

Offensively they shit the bed in not getting someone that can make the difference in the red zone. I still think they'll be better than last year as their offensive line is still solid, though getting old. The drafting of Jackson will help the deep game as well as their special teams.

I think 10-6 is likely for this team.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Jim,

I forgot all about the moves the Eagles made. I still think Dallas is going to be the team to beat in the East, but I'd rework my assessment to where Phili might not actually "flounder" all that much - at least not as much as last year.

Even more reason for me to despise Dan Snyder and Vinny. We need a line. With Samuels supplementing the Eagles backfield and Jones down in Dallas, the necessity to run the ball and give Campbell more time is even more critical.

If I see Vinny, I will fight him.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Love me some Kevin on the Kolb.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:It (SD's defense) will be quite a bit better than merely decent. It will be a top 5 defense.
LOL

Based on ... what?

Oh, your wet dream, gotcha.

Last yr they were 14th in yards allowed, 16th in rushing yds allowed and 14th in passing yards allowed.

Norv's taking you down the shitter, sorry.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:Paulie,

You and I have a bet, and I'm feeling so good about my chances that I would like to take this opportunity to double it. If its too much cash for you I understand. No fat jokes needed, but I am going to whoop that ass.
DF, let me put this in terms even YOU can easily understand.

The current Cowboys head coach and QB are a collective OH-FER in playoff games, lifetime. :lol:

Needless to say I like my chances of them continuing to flame out in rather spectacular fashion IF they get there again in '08. Double or nothing it is, my friend.

WAR Xmas in January :hfal:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.