Bacon Causes Cancer

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Bacon Causes Cancer

Post by Mikey »

I wonder if that includes the pre-cooked stuff you can get at Costco?
WHO says hot dogs, bacon cause cancer. Does this
mean we should all become vegetarians?

By Ariana Eunjung Cha October 26 at 2:55 PM

In an announcement that has alarmed bacon lovers and sent the beef industry into a furor, the World Health
Organization's cancer research arm on Monday declared processed meat a carcinogen, like tobacco, and said red
meat is probably one, too.

Here's what experts have to say about what this new warning means for your diet:

What meats are they talking about exactly?

The International Agency for Research on Cancer's definitions of processed meat and red meat are very
wide. Processed meats encompass any meats that have been "transformed through salting, curing, fermentation,
smoking, or other processes to enhance flavor or improve preservation." This would include sausages, corned beef,
hot dogs, beef jerky, canned meat, meat­based preparations and sauces, turkey and chicken cold cuts, as well as
bacon.

Red meat refers to "all types of mammalian muscle meat," such as beef, veal, pork, lamb, mutton, horse — even goat.

What kind of cancers did the scientists look at?

For processed meat, the carcinogen label was given based on studies about colorectal cancer. They also found an
association between processed meat and stomach cancer. For red meat, the data pointed to associations with
colorectal, pancreatic and prostate cancers.

Why do they think these are dangerous to our health?

Scientists think that something bad happens to meat during the process of salting, curing or other treatment that
causes the build up of carcinogenic chemicals such as N­nitroso­compounds (NOC) and polycyclic aromatic
hydrocarbons (PAH) in the food. In red meat, cooking can also produce suspected carcinogens — in this case
heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAA) and PAH. The IARC's report, published in Lancet Oncology, notes that "hightemperature
cooking by pan­frying, grilling or barbecuing generally produces the highest amounts of these
chemicals."

Oh ­oh. I eat a lot of meat. What do I do now?

The IARC's director, Christopher Wild, said that the group's findings support recommendations to "limit" intake of
meat. But Wild also hedged a bit saying that red meat has "nutritional value."

The American Cancer Society's Susan Gapsur recommends that people who do eat meat begin to cut back on the
amount of red meat they consume and "really limit" their intake of processed meat. Gapsur, a vice president for
epidemiology, said people should be moving toward a more plant­based diet and choose fruits, vegetables, and
beans as alternatives to meat.

Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition, food studies and public health at New York University, said her
recommendation on processed meat and red meat the same: Eat less. But Nestle stops short of recommending
everyone should become a vegetarian.

"Some people are interpreting it as don’t eat meat at all. I don’t know if that's reasonable," she said. "The evidence
against processed meat is very strong, but it's very hard to consider giving up. A BLT is really a wonderful thing."
She said that a number of the studies that link meat to risk of cancers involve individuals who eat meat
multiple times a week, if not at every meal, rather than occasional consumers of meat. These people may have other
unhealthy habits like exercising less that elevate their risk of cancer. Nestle emphasized that "you don’t need a
special diet for cancer."

"The same healthy diet that is good for heart disease is also good for cancer: a largely—but not necessarily
exclusively—plant­based diet," she said.

That's helpful, but what I really need to know is the bottom line. What's a safe level of meat
consumption? Is it okay for me to eat a hamburger with bacon twice a week? Once a week? Once a
month?

While scientists have come up with those sorts of general recommendation for alcohol consumption (one drink a
day), none exists for meat. A person's individual biology is complex and a safe level for one person may not be safe
for another. It depends on what the rest of your diet looks like, how often you exercise, your genes and a whole slew
of other factors.

U.S. dietary guidelines recommend that Americans eat diets rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, seafood,
legumes and dairy and stay away from red meat but they don't offer any specific numbers. The World Cancer
Research Fund International comes the closest — suggesting that people who eat red meat consume less than 500
grams (18 oz) a week and very little if any processed meat.
But American Cancer Society's Gapsur emphasized in an interview that "we don’t know if there is any perfectly safe
level."

"The risk increases with the amount consumed," she said. "The best we can recommend is decreasing your
consumption."

The IARC's report that came out this week says that if you eat 50 grams of processed meat (the equivalent of a few
slices of bacon) every day — or a total of 350 grams a week — your risk of colon cancer goes up by 18 percent. That's
a lot.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... egetarian/
Mikey

Re: Bacon Causes Cancer

Post by Mikey »

In the meantime, cheese is like crack.

Fuck I'm in real trouble.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Pure bullshit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Pump enough of anything into your body...
Go Bucs, Gators
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

causes the build up of carcinogenic chemicals such as N­nitroso­compounds (NOC) and polycyclic aromatic
hydrocarbons (PAH) in the food....
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Bucmonkey wrote:Pump enough of anything up your ass...
~swoon~

/s/

AP
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

"I'll be monitoring this thread closely for jokes seeing as I had a great uncle who died from cancer bacon."

-Jay in Phoenix
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

How would you treat "Bacon Cancer"?

Blue Cheese Chemo? Mayonnaise IV?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:How would you treat "Bacon Cancer"?

Blue Cheese Chemo? Mayonnaise IV?
Lettuce and tomato colon irrigation.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

These kinds of "studies" seem endless. I remember around 1958 or so there was a big "scare" about cranberries and cancer about this time of year. The folks at Ocean Spray were not happy as you might expect. My own mother fell prey to the hype and we had a cranberry-less Thanksgiving dinner that year. Later I decided to ignore the bullshit and listen to what my own body was telling me. I stopped smoking (everything) in 1990 and believe it is one reason why I'm still above ground at age 76. Life is good.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

So....if I omit beef, alcohol, dairy, etc. it may allow me to spend a few extra years to hang around & watch the world continue to get ass fucked by 3rd world rodents that are doing most of the world's repopulating...and will get to see regularly scheduled programming which includes a lot of cock sucking....and the U.S. turned into a multi-cultural bus station of grab ass get what you can...

I think I'll pass. And continue to enjoy martinis, steaks, etc. etc......

Yes, I feel sorry for the grandkids that will inherit this ass fuck, but happy that I did get to see & experience life the way it was meant to be lived.

Eating good pussy is on the agenda for tonight - probably induces some form of cancer and who the fuck cares.

8)
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

The Seer wrote:Eating good pussy is on the agenda for tonight - probably induces some form of cancer and who the fuck cares.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Any ingredient outside of pork, water, salt and brown sugar that you can't pronounce is the more likely culprit.

If you buy shit bacon, you deserve cancer.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

http://theoneboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44645

Little cross forum pollination to show a cancer free version
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Speaking of bacon, I've got ten hogs bedded south of the pond in the main pasture about 150 yards from the house. I'm hoping my .243 nets me 2-3 this morning. Those bastards have torn up the yard.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

R-Jack wrote:Any ingredient outside of pork, water, salt and brown sugar that you can't pronounce is the more likely culprit.

If you buy shit bacon, you deserve cancer.
You need still curing salt #1 to do proper bacon. It's 93.75% salt and 6.25% sodium nitrite. You get more nitrites from your saliva and from vegetables than you ever will from cured meats.

Here is another more definitive bacon thread.

http://www.thetrolls.net/phpbb/viewtopi ... acon+month
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:"I'll be monitoring this thread closely for jokes seeing as I had a great uncle who died from cancer bacon."

It wasn't a great uncle, it was great grand cousin. It wasn't cancer bacon, it was cancer roast and it was delightful.

Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

Jay I think you may be a bigger ass than Joe Biden.

Maybe bigger than AP. But in a pseudo-intellectual way.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

KC Scott wrote:rack Seer - spot on
3th

Rack the hell outta.....
multi-cultural bus station of grab ass get what you can
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:"I'll be monitoring this thread closely for jokes seeing as I had a great uncle who died from cancer bacon."

It wasn't a great uncle, it was great grand cousin. It wasn't cancer bacon, it was cancer roast and it was delightful.

That wouldn't be cancer bacon, that would be Cancer Bob.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

4th RACK for Seer-- particularly for the comment about the modern day invasion of the Moors.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Imus wrote:Jay I think you may be a bigger ass than Joe Biden.

Maybe bigger than AP. But in a pseudo-intellectual way.
Ya' see, that's what I was trying to tell Goober. I'll take the back-handed "compliment" however.

Roast cancer Bob was not on my personal plate, but I heard the table gang loved him.

Great grand cousin Theodore now has late stage ass cancer. It's a shitty way to go.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

The Seer wrote:So....if I omit beef, alcohol, dairy, etc. it may allow me to spend a few extra years to hang around & watch the world continue to get ass fucked by 3rd world rodents that are doing most of the world's repopulating...and will get to see regularly scheduled programming which includes a lot of cock sucking....and the U.S. turned into a multi-cultural bus station of grab ass get what you can...

Yes, I feel sorry for the grandkids that will inherit this ass fuck, but happy that I did get to see & experience life the way it was meant to be lived.

Eating good pussy is on the agenda for tonight - probably induces some form of cancer and who the fuck cares.

8)
The faster you stupid racist tards die off the better. Have fun in Hell shit for brains.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Moving Sale wrote:
The Seer wrote:So....if I omit beef, alcohol, dairy, etc. it may allow me to spend a few extra years to hang around & watch the world continue to get ass fucked by 3rd world rodents that are doing most of the world's repopulating...and will get to see regularly scheduled programming which includes a lot of cock sucking....and the U.S. turned into a multi-cultural bus station of grab ass get what you can...

8)
The faster you stupid racist tards die off the better. Have fun in Hell shit for brains.
And finally a representative appears of the naïve enabler class - those dumbfucks that can't or won't see what's in front of them until it runs them over...Strange how they don't typically live among the throngs of the unwashed primitives - (hear Merkel is looking for some backup in case you want to go) - but have no problem with global deterioration as long as it makes THEM feel better about themselves...inject yourself with contaminated African monkey cum while slurping muslim cock while searching for the 2 or 3 English language radio stations that play your NIMBY tunes. If you love & care for muslims so much invite some to live in your house with you...instead of expecting others to do so.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
The Seer wrote:Eating good pussy is on the agenda for tonight - probably induces some form of cancer and who the fuck cares.

Just be sure of the quality of your meal... it should be HPV free!