Did you Ever Do Something So Cool That Even Surprised You ?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Did you Ever Do Something So Cool That Even Surprised You ?

Post by Wolfman »

Years ago when I played a decent stick, MrsO and I were in a roadhouse tavern having a couple of adult beverages. There was one of those bar pool tables, you know, 25¢ a play (in those days). Some young guys were playing and for some strange reason I went up and put my quarter in line for a play. When my quarter comes up, I go up and say I'm playing solo, but if they want to shoot partners, it was OK by me. Payer gets break. I do a decent job, putting in a couple balls. I forget if they both were stripes or solids. You know that 8 ball was the common game on those bar tables. Anyway I begin to sink the balls that I have. Much to my surprise they are laid out pretty good. Shit luck! I proceed to run the table, put my cue down and thank them for a good game. They never said anything. Always wondered what they thought. MrsO knew better although she didn't say "shit luck" to me, it was something like that.
If you ever did something like that or better, a once in a lifetime event, share it or shut up.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Did you Ever Do Something So Cool That Even Surprised Yo

Post by War Wagon »

Wolfie is having a moment, not to be deprived.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Back in 2001 I was playing in a golf tournament sponsored by a neighborhood bar. It was one of those deals where someone shows up with booze on every other hole and each group was issued a case of beer at the first tee. Needless to say, all of our games suffered. But, on the 9th hole I teed up my ball, swung my Hogan Medallion 9.5 degree driver and launched the ball into the stratosphere. It was a straight 350 yard part 4. The ball landed on the fringe of the green 340 yards from the tee. I have never come within 30 yards of that effort ever again.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I've played golf less than a handful of times in my life. The last time I played was about 10 years ago, on the South Course at Andrews Air Force Base. My younger son & son-in-law played until we lost all our balls, which lasted about 12 holes. There was a par 3 over water on the front 9. I hit a clean 3-wood, cleared the water, landed it on the green, and rolled it to about 6' from the hole. Putted in for birdie, probably the only one in my life. Felt like Jack Nicklaus.

When I was a teenager, there was a dartboard hanging on the inside of the door of a friend's garage. We were herbally enhanced and decided shooting random objects from a wrist rocket at the board was a good idea. I picked up a nut (a bolt's partner), took aim with the slingshot, and fired. The nut replaced the red cork in the bull's eye. Couldn't duplicate that shot in a hundred years if I tried.
"I see everything twice!"
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

When I was 13 a man broke into my room and crawled in bed with me. He was NAKED, he told be not to scream or he would kill me.....with out hesitating I screamed and he went to run back out the window he came in. He didn't get away before I took the window screen turned it's corner towards his fleshy ass cheek and give a great big stab and twist maneuver. Gave him a very identifiable mark and really pissed him off too. Don't mess with mama!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

30 years ago this summer playing golf on the base Course in milington, tn. I was plYing the best golf of my life, regularly in the 70s. 8th hole, uphill par three. I hit a perfect 6 iron right at the pin. You can't see the green from the tee, so I am thinking to myself, that has to be close. The front of the Green has traps, so you have to walk in from the side. She n we get up there, there's no ball on the green. So, I'm thinking, fuck, I went long. As I am hunting in the rough behind the green, my buddy (a horrific golfer) and wise ass, walks up to the pin, looks in and asks me what I was playing.

So the first and likely last ace of my life, I didn't get to watch it go in. I had planned out my reaction from the tee ahead of time for my ace. And didn't get to do it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:Many moons ago, my neighbors and I were having a fine draft beer in my neighbor's garage. It was a nice summer night. A fucking cat came strutting up the opposite side of the street, and commenced to luxuriate itself on the sidewalk in front of another neighbor's house. We all knew this cat, because it was climbing on top of the cars, leaving footprints and doing other shitty cat-like things. I picked up a football and said I was going to scare it away. The fucking thing had to be 50+ yards away. I reared back and heaved that football. It was in the air for an eternity. Then, like a hellfire missile, it hit that fucking cat right in the goddamned head. Smacked that son of a bitch silly for a second. We nearly pissed ourselves. Never saw that fucker again. Bode.
You're like a cross between Uncle Rico and Toddowen.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

March 25th, 2007 - rolled a perfect 300 game in sanctioned league play. Never got past the first 7 before because I'd always get too nervous and choke. Too many times to count.

We were with relatively new teammates with this sweet gal who didn't know much about bowling etiquette. Just like you don't talk to a pitcher who has a no hitter going, you're not supposed to talk to a bowler who is in the 'zone'.

Anyways, she only bowls to visit and socialize. She couldn't care less if we're winning or losing. After her turn she usually walks away to find somebody to chat with. So in the 2nd game of the series I've got the first 7 and I'm starting to get the familiar old jitters, just knowing I'm going to blow it like always.

She walks up to me as I'm leaning against the counter, looks up at the scoreboard and says "What are you going to do, roll a 300?" My other teammates were like shush woman, you're not supposed to do that. I was taken aback for a second, but I knew she didn't know better and meant well.

The tenseness, the pressure I was feeling just evaporated. I tell her "You know what Cindy? I just might." And I did, got the ring to prove it. But I doubt I would have had it not been for Cindy saying what she said at exactly the right moment.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Mardi Gras in Mobile, AL 1987. They throw moonpies instead of hard candy for safety reasons. After the Saturday night parade, our group was walking down the street when Douchebag drove by in his BMW and honked at us, as if he were afraid we might scratch his car as he ran over us. I lobbed a moonpie into his open moonroof just as he was entering the Bankhead Tunnel, about a 40 yard toss. It was fun to watch the reflection of his headlights jump around off the tunnel walls as he skidded.