Georgia - Auburn Thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Georgia - Auburn Thread

Post by Carson »

I'm heading there Saturday without a ticket, still better than staying in The Gump.

Forecast says rain, and nothin' stinks like a wet Dawg.

Malzahn's Marathoners 38
Richt's Pricks 31
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Georgia - Auburn Thread

Post by Dinsdale »

Carson wrote:I'm heading there Saturday without a ticket
I'm guessing it's like an Oregon or ntOSU game -- someone around will let you in their RV and keep you entertained.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Actually, I'm finally allowed back into the fraternity house.

It only took 23 years...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

one of the more incredible last 2 minutes of a game I've ever seen.

I picked Georgia to cover the +4.5 and hate that they lost like that, but what a game.

It almost has me chanting SEC, SEC, SEC... almost.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Just got back, that was Divine Intervention.

So what if we blew a 20 point lead.

Gus Malzahn is the best offensive mind in BTPCFB right now.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

pretty bad D. 3 guys miss the post route WR on a play on 4th and 18. what were they bite on the QB step into the pocket...
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

That was embarrassing...

beating a team that would NEVER win a game in the PAC... on a fluke play

We all remember... Wazzu... ass-stomping Auburn (in their own house) at the start of the year.

So much so, Auburn cancelled the return trip...

Too funny
Last edited by M2 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Georgia got Missouri'ed by proxy.
I would like to apologize to Georgia fans, and really, all SEC fans. That is exactly the type of play that has cursed Missouri for years. Mizzou needed Georgia to win that game last night. They also needed Florida to beat S Car.
Neither happened. Why? Because we are cursed. Whenever the craziest of crazy shit happens, it probably is somehow tied to Missouri. :doh:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

kcdave wrote:Georgia got Missouri'ed by proxy.
I would like to apologize to Georgia fans, and really, all SEC fans. That is exactly the type of play that has cursed Missouri for years. Mizzou needed Georgia to win that game last night. They also needed Florida to beat S Car.
Neither happened. Why? Because we are cursed. Whenever the craziest of crazy shit happens, it probably is somehow tied to Missouri. :doh:

This is why I sold my business... in KC.

Crackheads.

the truth
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Horseshit.

Mizzou controls their own fate and the result of that game and FLA/SCL has nothing to do with it.

It did, however, screw me out of a leg up in the pick'em when most everybody had Allbarn.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:
Horseshit.

Mizzou controls their own fate and the result of that game and FLA/SCL has nothing to do with it.

It did, however, screw me out of a leg up in the pick'em when most everybody had Allbarn.

I was scratching my head over Bandwagon Dave's retardation, too. Uhm, not sure how a team from the other division beating a team in your own division hurts your cause?

Or would Bandwagon Dave actually prefer to play Bama than Auburn in the CCG?

Not sure what angle he's going for here, but they're all fucking stupid.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M2 wrote:

beating a team that would NEVER win a game in the PAC... on a fluke play

Oh, if they played in the PAC North, they'd win at least 1.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Look at the tie breakers. Mizzou needed SC to lose, or Georgia to win. 2 way tie with SC, Mizzou loses. 3 way tie with SC and Georgia, Mizzou wins.
Mizzou still controls its destiny, but must win out. Most folks are of the opinion that Mizzou loses one of it next 2 games. That is why I was wanting Georgia and Fla to win.
For what its worth, if Mizzou does make the SEC championship game, then I do want to see them face Bama. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I am of the opinion
that a 1 loss Mizzou team beating Bama would go to the national championship. A 1 loss Mizzou team beating Auburn gets dick squat.
Lastly, for those that don't know Missouri history, we are cursed with bad luck. That bad luck took its ass all the way to Auburn last night, and snatched away a Georgia victory that would
have been very helpful to Mizzou.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote: Mizzou still controls its destiny, but must win out. Most folks are of the opinion that Mizzou loses one of it next 2 games.
Who cares what most people think? I certainly don't and I say they win out regardless. Been saying that for weeks.
To be the best, you have to beat the best.

trite, but true.
I am of the opinion that a 1 loss Mizzou team beating Bama would go to the national championship.
Agreed.
Lastly, for those that don't know Missouri history, we are cursed with bad luck. That bad luck took its ass all the way to Auburn last night, and snatched away a Georgia victory that would
have been very helpful to Mizzou.
I know Mizzou history but you contradict yourself at every turn. If Mizzou needs other teams to lose so they can somehow back into the SEC title game, then they have no business there in the first place, much less the MNC game.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

kcdave wrote:I am of the opinion
that a 1 loss Mizzou team beating Bama would go to the national championship.
For real?

Give me a moment to stop laughing.

Undefeateds from AQ conferences will go before a one loss SEC team. If there's no undefeateds (unlikely), a one loss SEC team would go, as long as they're named Bama.

If it comes down to a sole undefeated, and the other contenders have one loss apiece, Oregon goes. FSU and Clemson would likely still go with one loss ahead of a one loss Mizzou.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, M2 acts stupid in here on purpose. I have a feeling you actually believe the hilarity you just typed.

Yeah, buddy. A win over Bama vaults you over 3 undefeated AQs. Which hand feels heavier right now?

Bandwagoners are a funny lot.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Because FSU runs it up on phantom defenses? They gave up a bunch to BC, for chrissake.

Bama won't let them run around like a bunch of Pop Warner kids. I don't think FSU's verticle game is any better than ATM's, and neither one is going to run on Bama.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:If it comes down to a sole undefeated, and the other contenders have one loss apiece, Oregon goes.
That's a fanboy take right there.

If Mizzou wins out, that's potentially wins over ranked Ole Miss, top 10ish A&M, and juggernaut Bama on a neutral field for all the marbles. SECSPN would be flogging their cranks for days over such a feat, and pollsters would absolutely jump Mizzou over Oregon, without an ounce of hesitation. Conversely, all Oregon has left is unranked Arizona and unranked Oregon State. Then a ccg vs...ASU? UCLA? Take your pick, a victory over either would not impress the voters (or computers) enough to keep Oregon ahead of Mizzou.

But I agree that a 1-loss Mizzou would not jump ahead of an undefeated AQ team.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
But I agree that a 1-loss Mizzou would not jump ahead of an undefeated AQ team.
That was the gist of my point. And I'm pretty sure there will be an undefeated.

And I'll concede that I didn't factor in the SECSPN influence, which can't be overlooked (sup 2 loss LSU), but there is the money factor. Oregon would get more TVs tuned in than Mizzou. Oregon has been selling well over the last few seasons.

This hypothetical is pretty silly anyway, won't happen.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

A loss like this for Georgia, against a fellow powerhouse SEC team, in such an extraordinary manner, should certainly move them up in the rankings as it further proves the depth and utter indestructabilty of the conference as a whole.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote:Orgeron should have been promoted and Kiffin fired after the notre dame game last year, if that had been the case SC might be 11-0 right now and with less than 55 healthy players on scholarship, that would be a huge "fuck you" to the ncaa
Except for the ND game this year, when Orgeron was already the acting head coach and couldn't manage more than 10 points against an ND team that basically didn't play offense the entire 2nd half and gave USC the ball with half a field or less to work with multiple times.

But yeah, your point totally holds up.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

One Ga player trying to take the interception away from another. Selfish play all around on that. Knock it down and have first and ten inside the Auburn 30. That way if you fumble an exchange or something they still have to go the majority of the field.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

^^ Thanks for enlightening all of us, Sam. All I heard was at least one hillbilly reciting verses 1 thru 3 of the S-E-C Chant. I imagine that's the only channel that that giant tv (or any tv within a three-state radius) gets anyways.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

L45B wrote:A loss like this for Georgia, against a fellow powerhouse SEC team, in such an extraordinary manner, should certainly move them up in the rankings as it further proves the depth and utter indestructabilty of the conference as a whole.
Penis envy is a terrible thing.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carson wrote:
L45B wrote:A loss like this for Georgia, against a fellow powerhouse SEC team, in such an extraordinary manner, should certainly move them up in the rankings as it further proves the depth and utter indestructabilty of the conference as a whole.
Having no understanding of the concept of sarcasm ain't that great either, Cletus.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:I can't imagine what you must have thrown in Google to come up with that photo!

:lol:
What makes you think he used Google? I assumed it came from his personal collection.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Carson wrote:
Having no understanding of the concept of sarcasm ain't that great either, Cletus.
Sarcasm? REALLY????

More like bitter bitchiness.

Die from bratwurst asphyxiation.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Biting, incisively well written sarcasm, which obviously hit the intended mark.

You should try it sometime.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Dinsdale wrote:
kcdave wrote:I am of the opinion
that a 1 loss Mizzou team beating Bama would go to the national championship.
For real?

Give me a moment to stop laughing.

Undefeateds from AQ conferences will go before a one loss SEC team. If there's no undefeateds (unlikely), a one loss SEC team would go, as long as they're named Bama.

If it comes down to a sole undefeated, and the other contenders have one loss apiece, Oregon goes. FSU and Clemson would likely still go with one loss ahead of a one loss Mizzou.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, M2 acts stupid in here on purpose. I have a feeling you actually believe the hilarity you just typed.

Yeah, buddy. A win over Bama vaults you over 3 undefeated AQs. Which hand feels heavier right now?

Bandwagoners are a funny lot.
....and that's why they play the games. Goodbye Oregon, goodbye Baylor. These things always have a way of working themselves out in the end. MIZZOU still has a great shot at this. But the dreaded curse always lingers.