Something to help us bridge our political differences

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Something to help us bridge our political differences

Post by Dinsdale »

The Trans Pacific Trade Pact.

I won't even link to any articles about it, lest the "right/left wing media" whining commences. Do your own research -- read a liberal article, read a conservative one, it doesn't matter.

The Overlords have decided that countries like Vietnam now have a say in American law, and will be given power to overturn the laws they don't like.

Since free-trade agreements have worked out so well for the US (thanks, Clinton, for destroying the economy), we should probably expand the policy and expect a different result.

What in the hell is wrong with us Americans? Is it "shoot all the politicians" time yet?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Something to help us bridge our political differences

Post by Wolfman »

If it does not help our economy, we should avoid this like the plague. I guess the current administration is doing it well enough by themselves.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote: What in the hell is wrong with us Americans? Is it "shoot all the politicians" time yet?

Been that time for quite some time....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

How is the trade agreement that Obama wanted with Korea going? Oh yeah, completely opposite of what he told us it would do. Pretty much just like Obamacare. Only he hasn't said he was sorry yet for the Korea deal.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Dinsdale wrote:
Since free-trade agreements have worked out so well for the US (thanks, Clinton, for destroying the economy), we should probably expand the policy and expect a different result.

What in the hell is wrong with us Americans? Is it "shoot all the politicians" time yet?
Mexico was supposed to be the labour, you were the brains and Canada supplied the resources. Didn't happen, a 63 cent Canadian dollar was the result. The idea was keep it low to preserve manufacture, no-one saw that coming
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Why are you pretending to complain, dins?

The TPP, which you pretend to assail, is exactly what you wind-up Tea Bagger assholes have been supporting all along--just by supporting the wind-up right-wing radio hackdom gibberish (which you spew automatically).

And now...what? You're pretending to be anti-corporate?

How utterly false and hollow can you actually be? Well..how about completely.
Before God was, I am
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

schmick wrote:The only thing that will save this country is drawing a line at the 40th parallel and sending all the liberals to live north of it and all the conservatives south of it. Let the two sides form their own governments, collect their own taxes and provide for their own citizens out of what they produce.

What this country needs is a divorce. 238 years was a good run, time to start over
Divorce seems kind of harsh...maybe with counseling we could settle for a civil war every 150 years to blow off steam.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:The only thing that will save this country is drawing a line at the 40th parallel and sending all the liberals to live north of it and all the conservatives south of it. Let the two sides form their own governments, collect their own taxes and provide for their own citizens out of what they produce.

What this country needs is a divorce. 238 years was a good run, time to start over
I bet a bunch, both north and south of that line would take that deal today. Problem on both sides would be Cali. We could just gift it to Mexico under a condition where they continue to farm it and then split the production between the north and south for say the next 100 years.
Last edited by Left Seater on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Mexico was supposed to be the labour, you were the brains and Canada supplied the resources.
The PM should have watched some American TV before signing off on that idea.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:

I bet a bunch, both north and south of that line would take that deal today. Problem on both sides would be Cali. We could just gift it to Mexico under a condition where they continue to farm it and then split the production between the north and south for say the next 100 years.
Are you really this stupid, or just trolling?

I realize this whole thing is facetious but California's GDP (both total and agricultural output) dwarfs Mexico's, with about 1/3 the population.

In reality, California should split off as its own country, with Mexico as a source of labor and names for new streets.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: In reality, California should split off as its own country
In reality, california would have no prayer of paying off its massive debt on its own.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
In reality, california would have no prayer of paying off its massive debt on its own.
Not sure what you're getting at here, but the majority of that debt is owed within the state, so what does it have to do with splitting off?

Also, California ships a boatload more money off to Washington than it gets back in services, so we'd be on the plus side in that regard.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote: Also, California ships a boatload more money off to Washington than it gets back in services, so we'd be on the plus side in that regard.
Dems not looking out for Dems?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Left Seater wrote: Problem on both sides would be Cali. We could just gift it to Mexico under a condition where they continue to farm it and then split the production between the north and south for say the next 100 years.
Been already gifted.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:
Mikey wrote: Also, California ships a boatload more money off to Washington than it gets back in services, so we'd be on the plus side in that regard.
Dems not looking out for Dems?
Nope.

Most of the red states take back a lot more than they ship out, so really a gift from the Dems to the Knuckledraggers.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

How do you Limpdick legionaries get so automatically twisted into this "liberal" versus "conservative" nonsense?

First, is anyone here actually referring to Ted Cruz as a "conservative"? I mean, is this how deformed the issue has become? Because of course he's no conservative, but rather an extreme right-wing radical.

More to the point, are you dittoheads actually familiar with the TPP and what it directly mandates, and whom it directly benefits?

Or are you just on auto-bile mode?
Before God was, I am
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Most of the red states take back a lot more than they ship out, so really a gift from the Dems to the Knuckledraggers.
Good line, but why do the stats show it to be pretty even, especially near the top?

http://247wallst.com/special-report/201 ... ral-money/
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote: Not sure what you're getting at here, but the majority of that debt is owed within the state, so what does it have to do with splitting off?
That is because nobody else is stupid enough to write any paper on the California ponzi scheme. We call those junk bonds/ junk debt. As long as it is only your state that goes down in flames, the rest of us are good with that.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote:Good line, but why do the stats show it to be pretty even, especially near the top?

Why are you Republicans... so fucking stupid ?

It's starting to hurt my head, again.

This from your boys... at "The American Conservative".

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... cent-live/

Oh yeah,

The top 10 Sponges ...

1. New Mexico ... Indian reservations, military bases, federal research labs, farm subsidies, retirement programs

2. Mississippi ... Farm subsidies, military spending, nutrition and anti-poverty aid, retirement programs.

3. Alaska ... Per capita No 1 recipient of federal benefits; infrastructure projects, DOT and pork projects.

4. Louisiana ... Disaster relief, farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, military spending.

5. W. Virginia ... Farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid.

6. N. Dakota ... Farm subsidies, energy subsidies, retirement and anti-poverty programs, Indian reservations.

7. Alabama ... Retirement programs, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, federal space/military spending, farm subsidies.

8. S. Dakota ... Retirement programs, nutrition aid, farm subsidies, military spending, Indian reservations.

9. Virginia ... Civil service pensions, military spending, veterans benefits, retirement, anti-poverty aid.

10. Kentucky ... Retirement programs, nutritional and anti-poverty aid, farm subsidies.

Now consider the 10 states that give more to the federal government in taxes than they get in return.

New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, Colorado.

From the nonpartisan Tax Foundation: http://taxfoundation.org/staff

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
Mikey wrote: Most of the red states take back a lot more than they ship out, so really a gift from the Dems to the Knuckledraggers.
Good line, but why do the stats show it to be pretty even, especially near the top?

You really are that stupid, aren't you. Don't they teach simple arithmetic in Texas schools anymore?

In simple mathematical terms:

(money out) minus (money in) does not equal (money in)
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

schmick wrote:More than 4 million Californians voted for Romney. You would just take all the dims in frisco and move them 70 miles or so north.

schmick wrote:The conservatives in California are the ones who make everything,

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:First, is anyone here actually referring to Ted Cruz as a "conservative"? I mean, is this how deformed the issue has become? Because of course he's no conservative, but rather an extreme right-wing radical.
Please describe, in your own words and in specific detail, what makes Cruz "radical" and "extreme."
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey, my math is fine.

24/7 Wall St. identified the states that get the most money from the federal government by taking the figures for federal expenditures in each state from the 2010 Consolidated Federal Funds report and subtracting from it the taxes retained by the federal government for each state for the same year. The values obtained were then divided by state population figures for 2010 from the census bureau to arrive at a per capita figure for each state.

However, if you just want to look at basic numbers that's fine too. So when the conservatives say we need to cut spending they are cutting spending more in their backyard than yours. Why would you have an issue with that?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Left Seater wrote: my math is fine.

I laughed.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
What's Oregon's debt, per capita, vs. California's?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Less.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Less.
Not by much.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

According to Reuters and The Huffington Post Dins is correct.

The ten states with the highest Debt per capita are:

10. Oregon $2,960
9. Rhode Island $3,000
8. Delaware $3,026
7. Massachusetts $3,040
6. California $3,060
5. New Mexico $3,144
4. North Dakota $3,181
3. New Jersey $4,217
2. Hawaii $4,755
1. Connecticut $5,402
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Like I said, not by much. :meds:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

we almost made it...sincerely Idaho

look, we've got a pretty big state with a lot of roads and not much in the way of population....

naturally we're going to need more help from the Feds for doing things like highway construction, bridge repair, etc.......unless of course you'd prefer to be driving down the road at 65 dodging chunks of flying asphalt.....so many of our roads are in terrible shape and there are a bunch of bridges in this state you'd never catch me driving across.....

http://www.khq.com/story/22417636/idaho ... -deficient
get out, get out while there's still time