Dinsdale sighting

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Dinsdale sighting

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale, who seems to have disappeared sometime around 7:00 p.m. Duck Standard Time last night, was finally spotted this morning at an unspecified location in Old Town.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Dinsdale sighting

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Somehow, I'm not sure that deviates from a typical Thursday night for Dinsdale.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Gettin' a little worried about Dins.

No posts since Thursday night.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I'm not worried. Dins always has trouble manning up in this kind of situation. He'll eventually come in and explain everything that his team did wrong without ever admitting that the better team won.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Last year it was Kelly. This time I'm pretty sure it was Alioti's fault. Amazing how many really shitty coaches Oregon has been able to carry and still attain a modicum of success.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Marioti with the bum knee is his best bet....

and there might be something to that since he was so reluctant to run
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dins will show. He's just executing his schtick.

Now Blindref on the other hand, that guy is a pussy. Talks all this junk one day a year, and can't come back to face the heat. He is a true bitch.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Still not sure I'm ready to talk about that debaucle.

Absolute shit coaching.

Was there any doubt Stanford was going to show up ready to kick some ass?

But I understand the coaching dilemma - you know Stanford, they never do the same thing. One week, they line up in the spread. The next, they play run and shoot. Maybe some Wing-T the next... impossible to prepare for that.

Oregon (thanks to coaching) didn't play their game. Scratch that -- they didn't play their game for the first 54 minutes... moved the ball at will and had the Furd defense sucking wind at the end... too little, too late.

Mariota grew a vagina.

Stanford executed the Stanford thing to perfection, which was no surprise. Props to them (although I'm still not on board, and want them to drop a league game).

Sorry, been laid up for a few days... sciatica rules. I could write a book about all of Oregon's stupidity, but I'll skip it. Horrible game plan.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ORE...

ZOOOOOOUUUUUUUU
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

No, Oregon played their game. Problem is, their game plays right into the hands of Stanford. At the end of the day it's still football and you gotta line up and punch somebody in the mouth, not swing a European carryall in your sequined outfit.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^^^that's good stuff right there.... :lol:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Dinsdale wrote:ORE...

ZOOOOOOUUUUUUUU
That's col', dawg.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:No, Oregon played their game.

What game were you watching?

You're the first person I've heard express this, including those who watch every game.

No, they didn,'t. They should have been running the Blur from the get-go, not for the last few minutes in desperation (since it was unbelievably effective for those few minutes)... that whole "dance with them who brought you" thing.

Oregon should have been making Stanford play Their game, not the other way around. Bams might be able to hang with Stanford if Stanford dictates the tempo and style, but I don't think anyone else can hang with them under those circumstances -- Oregon sure couldn't. When Stanford tried to open up the passing game (in a trip to high altitude, no less), they lost. In every other game (for the most part), they've played their game, and won. Moral... don't play Stanford's game with them.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It's that whole cause & effect dealio. If you weren't doing what you wanted to do, it's probably because Stanford did things to cause that. Ever notice how when you play a team like Cal you can do your thing, but it's a lot tougher against an actual defense? Gee, I wonder why that is.

This is a delusional take that a lot of fans blind homers express. It's never what the other team did, it's what your team didn't do.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:It's that whole cause & effect dealio. If you weren't doing what you wanted to do, it's probably because Stanford did things to cause that. Ever notice how when you play a team like Cal you can do your thing, but it's a lot tougher against an actual defense? Gee, I wonder why that is.

This is a delusional take that a lot of fans blind homers express. It's never what the other team did, it's what your team didn't do.
Goober McTuber wrote:I'm not worried. Dins always has trouble manning up in this kind of situation. He'll eventually come in and explain everything that his team did wrong without ever admitting that the better team won.
:bode:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

There's no doubt that Oregon got bitch slapped.

Similarly, when Furd is on their A-game, they can play with anyone.

That said, we didn't get to see much of a very vital piece of the Oregon offense, (the qb run).

Mariotta played injured, say what you want, but that definitely limited what they could do. Early on in the game there were several times where he could have ran, but chose not to. He didn't have a significant run until late in the 4th when desperation had set in. At that point, I'm sure he said, "fuck the pain".

Ultimately, Furd recruited better lines, and they emasculated the Ducks.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:No, Oregon played their game. Problem is, their game plays right into the hands of Stanford. At the end of the day it's still football and you gotta line up and punch somebody in the mouth, not swing a European carryall in your sequined outfit.
Gotta rack that one.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Dinsdale wrote:[I don't think anyone else can hang with them under those circumstances -- Oregon sure couldn't. Moral... don't play Stanford's game with them.
Notre Dame played Stanford's game with them last year and held them to 6 offensive points. Notre Dame also had a front 7 on defense that liked to hit people and not play patty cake.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK