My first interaction with the ACA

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: My first interaction with the ACA

Post by Atomic Punk »

Ask schmick about his experience with giving out his SSN# to them already. Not good.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Give them your private info or they won't let you hear about pricing?

rotf...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:A health care professional in Texas told me that info is being acquired for Homeland Defense, NSA, etc. Ridiculous questions about gun ownership, political leanings, etc being asked.
They can't properly launch a website for the biggest government initiative since medicare and you think they have some kind of interdepartmental program for information gathering?

Ponderous.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

This is exactly the reason the exchange web site is failing so badly. You have to provide personal and income info so they can do an initial verification.

The WH doesn't want potential purchasers to see pricing without the subsidies subtracted. The web site will do an initial income check and contact one of the credit bureaus as part of the check. This way the site can then show reduced prices to potential purchasers. The worry was most people who currently do not have insurance would bail if they saw the non adjusted pricing.

So the web exchange has to do all the heavy lifting prior to showing a price. This is counter to the way every other site that has something for sale works. Is it any wonder then that the web site is struggling?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius has agreed to testify before Congress next week in part of to explain a website that has baffled even experts.

“My overall sense, right from day one, was it was created by people who had never created a commercial database application before," said FMS Software developer Luke Chung.

Chung looked over the site and was stunned by the code and the cost - by some estimates, perhaps $200 million.

Chung continued, “At $200 an hour, that would be a million man hours, 5,000 man years. I don't think they had time to use 5,000 man years. So I don't know where the money went. I don't know what these people were doing. There're not that many web pages. I don't get it! Where'd the money go?"

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23754228/e ... z2iYwnzzV9
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook
Well?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius has agreed to testify before Congress next week in part of to explain a website that has baffled even experts.

“My overall sense, right from day one, was it was created by people who had never created a commercial database application before," said FMS Software developer Luke Chung.

Chung looked over the site and was stunned by the code and the cost - by some estimates, perhaps $200 million.

Chung continued, “At $200 an hour, that would be a million man hours, 5,000 man years. I don't think they had time to use 5,000 man years. So I don't know where the money went. I don't know what these people were doing. There're not that many web pages. I don't get it! Where'd the money go?"

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23754228/e ... z2iYwnzzV9
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook
Well?
Might have been some kind of stimulus plan.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What were they attempting to stimulate? The taxpayer's prostate?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Pics of Samantha?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Pics of Samantha?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Now the democrats want to delay the individual mandate.

Uhm, wasn't that a big source of "NO!!!! WE WON'T COMPROMISE," accompanied by some rather childish foot-stomping just last week?

Even the Party of ACA is jumping off this sinking ship.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:Now the democrats want to delay the individual mandate.

Uhm, wasn't that a big source of "NO!!!! WE WON'T COMPROMISE," accompanied by some rather childish foot-stomping just last week?
bwaaaa...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Let's not forget that House Dems broke ranks and voted to delay the individual mandate as far back as July.

Now with the Senate Dems, DNC, and even potentially the WH willing to discuss a delay on the individual mandate, it is likely to happen. But according to the Dems own words, delaying the individual mandate would start a "death spiral" that would make ACA unsustainable. The elderly and sick would still seek coverage, but the young healthy would not causing a collapse of the system.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:The elderly... would still seek coverage
Medicare, anyone?

Are these people abiding by the mantra "if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth"?

So, they want the healthy people to pay for the unhealthy people. What a great vision of "freedom" they have.

Hey, here's a novel idea -- since the government got involved in "healthcare," and started telling private companies what to do, costs have skyrocketed, and you can track the rise to the date the forst government meddling went into effect (FACT). Since we have decades of indesputable imperical evidence, why don't we get government THE FUCK OUT of it, rather than controlling over half of it (the government is involved in ~half of all medical transactions -- think paying pencil-pushers has anything to do with it?).

In the Old Days, insurance was... "insurance." It "insured" you against majpor problems, and it was cheap, and deductables were generally high (up to the consumer). There was this crazy concept -- when you went to the family doctor, the nurse/receptionist gave you a bill, and you handed her a check/cash. But then the government knew better, and started mandating what went down between you and your employer/insurance company/doctor... and prices skyrocketed.

So see if I got this right -- once the government got involved, prices skyrocketed. They got involved to the point that they control half of the industry, and things got really out of control. The solution? Since 66% involvement resulted in skyrocketing prices, the obvious answer is to go to 100% involvement.

What the hell is wrong with you?

They mandated that birth control must be covered. Uhm, that's not "insurance," it's a "monthly expense." So, for the sake of discussion, let's say a month's worth of pills is $10. But you don't pay for them - your "health care provider" does. The pharmacy has to pay someone $5 to do the paperwork to get reimbursed. The insurance company pays someone $5 to process the claim. The send it to Payable, and pay someone $5 to get the payment out. The pharmacy pays someone $5 to recieve and process the payment. What's our total up to for $10 worth of pills?

Stay THE FUCK out of my business, is that too much to ask? Sure doesn't feel like the government is working for me anymore -- quite the opposite. I'm quite capable of negotiating a transaction in my better interest, and Big Brother has more than proven he isn't.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote: since the government started telling private companies what to do
How'd that work out for the housing market, anyway?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dinsdale wrote:So, they want the healthy people to pay for the unhealthy people.
Dopus...when a poor person shows up to the ER, who do you think pays for it anyways?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Dopus...when a poor person shows up to the ER, who do you think pays for it anyways?

Yet another issue that needs addressing, eh?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:So, they want the healthy people to pay for the unhealthy people.

So you are saying poor people are unhealthy and healthy people have money to pay?

Nice class warfare take!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

No one is stopping anyone from starting a charity to open hospitals for the uninsured.

Oh... you wanted me to pay for your moral decree... I see.

Pretty easy to be a philanthropist with other people's money.

BTW -- the ACA is going down very quickly. Lawsuits flowing like wine, and the suits are pretty much cut-and-dried. The IRS doesn't get to make their own rules.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I'm still waiting for an answer...
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I gave you an answer, before you even asked.

Get the government the fuck out of people's business.

Problem solved.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Diego wrote:when a poor person shows up to the ER, who do you think pays for it anyways?
If the poor person has any assets, the hospital can place a lien on them.
But mostly, the cost of providing service for this poor person goes to... us, so to speak.

Shells can be shuffled around, but Barrycare would not change this dynamic.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

poptart wrote:
Diego wrote:when a poor person shows up to the ER, who do you think pays for it anyways?
If the poor person has any assets, the hospital can place a lien on them.
But mostly, the cost of providing service for this poor person goes to... us, so to speak.
Ding ding ding....winner.

Now....Are you happy paying for the cost of someone who's had a heart attack, or would you rather pay for just the cost of a few office visits & some heart meds?
Shells can be shuffled around, but Barrycare would not change this dynamic.
It's not a matter of shuffling who pays. It's a matter of paying for small stuff before they become big, expensive stuff.

And keeping more people alive.

What would Jesus say about that?
9/27/22
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm afraid you've made some faulty assumptions and then placed a false choice in front of me.

What Dins said is true.
That the meaning and intention of health insurance has been perverted over the past few decades.

There is no reason why just about anyone (or their family) should not be able to pay for office visits and basic medicine -- out of pocket.
But unfortunately, the gov (and insurance companies) have gotten inbetween the patient and the doctor and fugged everything up, except for themselves.
They (a relative minority of people) have profited ---> at our expense.

There are almost no doctors who are pleased with Barrycare.
Also the public is decidedly against it -- and that will only increase as a little more time goes by.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adding a great deal more pencil pushers to the mix will lower costs?

It's worked pretty swimmingly for the last 40 years, right, so might as well continue the (clearly failed) policy.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:I gave you an answer, before you even asked.

Get the government the fuck out of people's business.

Problem solved.
To what extent are you willing to take this argument? You do realize it's not 1850 anymore right?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Paying for prescriptions is not an option, much less paying for doctor visits or hospitalizations.
Total bullshit. These fucking derelicts don't seem to have any trouble finding money for booze or smokes or illegal drugs. No money for your prescription meds? Suck a fucking trucker's dick like every other shitbag on the streets and keeping your fucking hands out of my pocket.

Your medical issues are a personal problem not a national crisis.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Says the guy who could only get a job as a government potato peeler during the 90's economic boom. Go fuck a black cock you vile racist fuckpedel.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote:
poptart wrote:There is no reason why just about anyone (or their family) should not be able to pay for office visits and basic medicine -- out of pocket.
Obviously, you have no understanding of poverty or of medical expenses.

On a personal level, I am grateful for that. I truly hope you never experience it.

For millions of others, however, abject poverty is reality. Paying for prescriptions is not an option, much less paying for doctor visits or hospitalizations.

Jsc is correct in that most people including many in the middle class couldn't afford to pay out of pocket for office visits and prescriptions. It isn't because Drs are making money hand over fist. Rather it is because of government intervention into what it costs to bring new drugs or procedures to market. The FDA is out of control.

See also trial lawyers and those who abuse the judicial system. Malpractice insurance is far and away the largest cost center for Drs. Their staffs are artificially bloated as well to keep up with all the federal requirements and additional paper pushing that requires. Then to top that off the Feds put limits on what they will pay to a Dr for treating a Medicare patient.

So Jsc, while you are in fact correct, it is your party and their supporters, ie trial lawyers, that are to blame.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

A) Link?
B) And we all know that life would be so much better if Drs were all just left alone and that they never fuck shit up because they are like all perfect and shit. Good gawd you are dumb.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Nice argument you stupid potato peeling fuckwheel.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:Nice argument you stupid potato peeling fuckwheel.
Outstanding blast. Take the word "fuck" and start plugging in other words on the backside to try and impress the T1B crowd. You have now used; fuckwad, fucktard, fuckwheel now, and your all time killer blast...."fuckpop".

The potato peeling blast is pretty epic too.

The I hit another thread, and you have progressed farther down the alphabet to
fuckbucket.
Fuck off now.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How about "fuckdwarf"?

Fuckstump

Fucklilliputian
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Or in your case
Fuckshitshoveler

Or fuckdunce
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Or perhaps, fuckstool.

Fuckmunchkin.

Fuckmidget.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Or in your case fucknoimagination

Or Fuckstupid
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Pot and kettle is no way to go through life Tiny Tyke. You're just selling yourself short. Don't let the big picture dwarf your limited imagination. Pull up your poopie pants, suckle your num num, and come back to play with the adults when your are all grown up.

Oh wait...guess that ain't happening any time soon.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:A) Link?
B) And we all know that life would be so much better if Drs were all just left alone and that they never fuck shit up because they are like all perfect and shit. Good gawd you are dumb.
Says a lawyer. :meds:

I don't need a link. I worked back in the day for a company that helped drug companies handle their clinical trials. Japan, Europe, Canada, etc all signed off years before the FDA did. The more hoops the FDA puts out there the more job security they have.

But since you really want a link here is one. Doctors end their specialty surgical practice due to the skyrocketing malpractice costs. http://www.calahouston.org/malpractice.html

Just as an FYI, I now picture you as the lawyer bringing a case against a state wide grocery chain here in Texas. I sat on the jury while in college. A man was suing the grocery chain because his client who broke into the Wharehouse facility, fell thru the roof while trying to break into the main Wharehouse. Dude fell thru a part of the roof under construction to the cement floor below. He broke both legs. His midget lawyer tried to sell the jury on the fact that the construction on the roof should have been better blockaded and the grocery chain should have followed their own security schedules better. He claimed that his client suffered extra because of these failings by the grocery chain. We laughed at him while it took us all of about 10 minutes to completely dismiss the case. It's too bad the grocery chain did counter sue for court and lawyer costs cause we would have awarded that in a heart beat.

One way to end these crazy lawsuits is to have the lawyers who bring such cases to court pay the fees and defendants costs when these cases are tossed out on their ass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:Or in your case fucknoimagination

Or Fuckstupid
Now you have used two more up. You cannot use these again, because we will laugh at you if you do. ...Oh we are laughing at you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:
One way to end these crazy lawsuits is to have the lawyers who bring such cases to court pay the fees and defendants costs when these cases are tossed out on their ass.
Not a bad idea.

Derron