The best park in MLB - PET

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: The best park in MLB - PET

Post by Left Seater »

No park can hold a candle to Omaha in June.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

KC Scott wrote:

The Thrill still being represented.

hell ya.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I've never been in a bad MLB park....ever. Sure, some are nicer than others, or the food is better, or the beer is colder, but going to a MLB game is always good. Put me in a major league park with a dog and a beer, and all is good. Hell, for that matter, put me in a minor league park with a hot dog and a beer, and all is good too. I enjoy going to a class A game in Cedar Rapids or a AAA game in Des Moines almost as much as a trip to Wrigley or Kansas City, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper and closer to home. The upgrades to the minor league parks have made them far more fan friendly and makes for an enjoyable night at the ballpark. I'm hoping for a trip to watch an I-Cubs game if it ever quits snowing.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

The only MLB parks I've been to: Yankee Stadium (1968) where I saw Denny McLain lose a game against Steady Mel Stottlemyre, Shea Stadium where I saw Willie Mays (with the Giants) hit his 17th HR in August, an NL record he shares with Sosa, Dodger Stadium in 1998 where I attended two Giants games with a group of Smackchat/Elba clones, and the TROP in 2011(Tropicana Field)with my older Grandson to see the Rays play the Reds. I like the TROP, but it's in a shitty hood in St.Pete with nothing nearby to keep fans interest before or after a game. Bad move for Tampa. Should have been downtown Tampa on the bay near all the commerce.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I guarantee my PET of an A's game will be.....well.....different.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You need to do a video essay thread at an A's game just to see how many felonies you can get on tape.

What is up with that ATT pic from behind home plate with way more empty seats than full ones? Looks like they have the same pricing problems that the yanks used to have before they came to their senses.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Safeco Field has a great skyline view, and some pretty good sunset views as well. Usually do at least 2 games a year there.

Old school stadiums has to be Dodger Stadium. Best maintained and best looking field in MLB in my opinion. Of course with SoCal weather, it should be a crime not to look the best all the time.

http://ballparktour.com
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

smackaholic wrote:What is up with that ATT pic from behind home plate with way more empty seats than full ones? Looks like they have the same pricing problems that the yanks used to have before they came to their senses.
Look at it again. See those guys down the rightfield line?

Light coming on yet?

The place is always packed.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Reading comp a little off today, Van. I said behind home plate. Go look at pic numero dos. I would say that the seat behind the plate are about 75% empty. Down the lines, yeah, it is packed. Of course it is possible that those seats are for the beautiful people who probably don't get there till the 3rd inning and leave by the 7th inning stretch.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

smackaholic wrote:Reading comp a little off today, Van. I said behind home plate. Go look at pic numero dos. I would say that the seat behind the plate are about 75% empty.
Dude, I told you to look down the rightfield line. See those players there? Those multiple players?

Pic numero dos...

What are they doing? Why, it sure looks to me like they're doing pre-game warm-up drills. Meaning, the game is still quite a ways off. Another tip-off is that there are people just standing on the field directly behind home plate, including a chunky lesbian photographer who's probably wishing she could take some tribbing shots of the little brunette with the nice ass to her left.

Once the game starts, the field and the seating area behind home plate look like this...

Notice that now there's no one on the field except the players and umpires, and the seats are all filled?
Down the lines, yeah, it is packed. Of course it is possible that those seats are for the beautiful people who probably don't get there till the 3rd inning and leave by the 7th inning stretch.
Or it's possible that you're still massively hungover from the weekend.

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

smackaholic wrote:You need to do a video essay thread at an A's game just to see how many felonies you can get on tape.
Not a Raider game crowd, but definitely more "blue collar" than a typical crowd across the bay. For not being a destination ballpark, the hot slut ratio is unexpectedly good day or night games.

The real criminal action is on the overpass from the BART station to the coliseum. Fuck the Scared Straight program. Walk those troubled youth down that path twice. They'll stay in school.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Or it's possible that you're still massively hungover from the weekend.
No, he really is just that stupid.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Sudden Sam wrote: Image

Walked for two blocks behind these girls, so I finally broke down and took the pic.

It's like you just snapped out of a coma...

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK, BUDDY!

:bode: :bode: :bode:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Do they really still have Safeway's on the left coast? Haven't seen one in these parts in probably 25 years or more. We used to have one in my 'hood as a kid.