So what does the future hold for PSU?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: So what does the future hold for PSU?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Seriously, Van? They're identical posters.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Not in terms of content they aren't. Even assuming they're the same person, which I'm not necessarily prepared to do just yet, this schmick guise is clearly a few cuts above SoCalTrjn's blatantly obnoxious shtick.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Not in terms of content they aren't.
Wha? :?

He's in here boasting about his son, in the exact same humorless, droning fashion he does under his Toejam nick (and yes, they are the same poster), complete with his familiar butchering of punctuation and general sentence structure. There is literally no difference whatsoever between the two "styles."

Seriously, what do you think the chances are of there being two USC fans in this tiny community of ours, both with the need to bore us with all the details of their baseball playing sons, and in the same milquetoast writing style? I mean...really?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van is naive.

M.A.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, we must not be reading the same posts then. This shmick guy is speaking in much less obnoxious terms. He's talking about his wife forbidding their son from playing football. He mentions that he simply sits by the foul pole and lets his kid play. There's none of the General Patton nonsense in this guy's posts that is part and parcel of nearly every ToeJam troll-rant.

Since you're a mod I'll take your word for it that they're the same person, but from what I've read so far this troll is far less juvenile and arrogant than that troll. He may be milquetoast, but he's not coming off as a fucking lunatic. Seems like a major improvement to me.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'd be interested to see the explanation for "schmicks" 7 year interval between posts and in doing a quick search of those, seeing he's a motocross fan.

But now he's back, never missed a beat.

things that make you go hmmm...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Was always curious what the Shmick references were about
My younger son doesn't play baseball at all anymore
My older son plays football and baseball but isn't going to be playing baseball beyond High School if he even goes out for the team next year
My older son is going in to 11th grade
Neither of my sons would go to Stanford, mom and dad will not allow it
We will go to an occasional Supercross but we are not Motocross fans, SX is just a fun thing to go to
Both of my sons surf everyday
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Classic schizophrenic.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SoCalTrjn wrote:Was always curious what the Shmick references were about
My younger son doesn't play baseball at all anymore
My older son plays football and baseball but isn't going to be playing baseball beyond High School if he even goes out for the team next year
My older son is going in to 11th grade
Neither of my sons would go to Stanford, mom and dad will not allow it
We will go to an occasional Supercross but we are not Motocross fans, SX is just a fun thing to go to
Both of my sons surf everyday
So how do you explain your IP address being linked to both nicks? Surely, there must be some logical explanation. Take your time.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

AOL, half of Southern California is on the same IP on AOL.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

SoCalTrjn wrote:AOL, half of Southern California is on the same IP on AOL.
Sincerely
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice try. So which persona is the "real" one, and which is the made up one? Or has everything you typed under both nicks been one big lie?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

Nice try. So which persona is the "real" one, and which is the made up one? Or has everything you typed under both nicks been one big lie?
Are we talking the EXACT same IP address? Or just the first three octets, indicating that they/he/she might be connecting to the same isp server?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

BSmack wrote:

Are we talking the EXACT same IP address? Or just the first three octets, indicating that they/he/she might be connecting to the same isp server?
Sure would be a neat trick since scmick said he was in Vegas.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

BTW...............does anyone want to tell Van that m2 and Blueblood are the same person too?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That was never in question, nor was it ever denied by M2.

Anyway, I'm not even saying schmick and ToeJam aren't run by the same guy. If Mgo says their IP addresses are the same and he's sure they're posting from the same computer, that's good enough for me. My point is simply...who cares? This recent schmick troll has been vastly less obnoxious than the ToeJam troll so I say let's just be thankful for the upgrade.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

R-Jack wrote:
BSmack wrote:Are we talking the EXACT same IP address? Or just the first three octets, indicating that they/he/she might be connecting to the same isp server?
Sure would be a neat trick since scmick said he was in Vegas.
So we are talking about the first 3 octets?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

R-Jack wrote: :doh:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

R-Jack wrote:
R-Jack wrote: :doh:
Just answer the question Claire.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

http://thefreehreportonpsu.com/

If this isn't "Loss of Institutional control", I don't know what is.

I love how Paterno's son keeps sticking up for Pops, just tear down the statue outside Beaver Stadium already.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... ollDisplay

LOL PSU still is trying to cover it up, they turned the TV at the student center from CNN to public access exactly at 9am.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The question was answered, numbuts. I clearly said the same IP address, not server.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What does the future hold for PSU? Probably one fewer statues on campus, and a ringing accusation of LOIC from the NCAA...

Freeh Report assigns blame to Joe Paterno, other Penn State officials for Jerry Sandusky's crimes

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--fre ... usky-.html

In clear, calm, concise and unrelenting words, a report from an independent investigation into Penn State's handling of the Jerry Sandusky sexual molestation case assigned blame in harsh terms to a wide-ranging group of high-ranking officials.

From iconic football coach Joe Paterno, to now fired president Graham Spanier, to a detached Board of Trustees, the failures, lack of concern and ceding of oversight, no one escaped blame in failing to stop Sandusky's 15-year plus reign of terror in central Pennsylvania.

"The most saddening finding by the Special Investigative Counsel is the total and consistent disregard by the most senior leaders at Penn State for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims," the Freeh Commission report, released Thursday morning, reads. "The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized."

Most notably Paterno's failures are profound and clash with his previous portrayals.

The Freeh Report concluded that, as many had assumed, Paterno (as well as other administrators) was aware of a 1998 criminal investigation on allegations that Sandusky abused a boy in Penn State locker room showers. While the local district attorney did not prosecute, the Freeh Group condemned Paterno and the others for not setting up further precautions against Sandusky's behavior.

It concluded that Spanier, vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley also knew and did nothing.

"The evidence shows that Mr. Paterno was made aware of the 1998 investigation of Sandusky, followed it closely, but failed to take any action, even though Sandusky had been a key member of his coaching staff for almost 30 years, and had an office just steps away from Mr. Paterno's," the report's conclusion reads.

"At the very least, Mr. Paterno could have alerted the entire football staff, in order to prevent Sandusky from bringing another child into the Lasch Building. Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley also failed to alert the Board of Trustees about the 1998 investigation or take any further action against Mr. Sandusky. None of them even spoke to Sandusky about his conduct.

"In short, nothing was done and Sandusky was allowed to continue with impunity."

This is particularly important in light of a report by a then graduate assistant football coach, Mike McQueary, in 2001. McQueary told Paterno, and later Schultz and Curley, that he walked in on Sandusky abusing another boy in the showers.

Rather than raise considerable red flags, the administrators and the coach decided against turning Sandusky over to the proper authorities.

The Freeh Group said the administrators were prepared to call child services and report Sandusky until a meeting between Curley and Paterno on Feb. 26, 2001. Curley later sent an email saying he was no longer comfortable with turning Sandusky in.

"Based on the evidence, the only known, intervening factor between the decision made on February 25, 2001 by Messrs. Spanier, Curley and Schulz to report the incident to the Department of Public Welfare, and then agreeing not to do so on February 27th, was Mr. Paterno's February 26th conversation with Mr. Curley," the report wrote.

The Freeh Group believes the interest of avoiding bad publicity allowed Sandusky to remain free, where he would go on to abuse additional boys and maintain near full access to Penn State facilities and the inner workings of the football program.

"It is more reasonable to conclude that, in order to avoid the consequences of bad publicity, the most powerful leaders at Penn State University – Messrs. Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley – repeatedly concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse from the authorities, the Board of Trustees, Penn State community, and the public at large. Although concern to treat the child abuser humanely was expressly stated, no such sentiments were ever expressed by them for Sandusky's victims."

The commission also laid blame on a hands-off Board of Trustees which should have provided additional oversight to the campus.

In the end though, the blame is on three administrators and a once-sainted coach who displayed "a callous and shocking disregard for child victims."

Penn State hired the Freeh Group, run by former FBI director Louis Freeh, in November 2011 after Sandusky was indicted. Sandusky was found guilty of 45 counts of sexual abuse and is in the Centre County Correctional Facility awaiting sentencing.

Curley and Schultz were both charged with perjury and failure to report a crime. They await trail this fall. Spanier and Paterno were not charged but both were fired in the days after the indictment. Paterno passed away in January at age 85.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam wrote:Has anyone fallen further from the pinnacle of respect to the depths of pure, vile loathsomeness than Joe Paterno?
O.J. vs Joe for the title?

You know, even there I'd still go with aiding and abetting a serial child molester as being more loathsome than O.J. cutting his GF's head off in a jealous rage.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:
Sam wrote:Has anyone fallen further from the pinnacle of respect to the depths of pure, vile loathsomeness than Joe Paterno?
O.J. vs Joe for the title?

You know, even there I'd still go with aiding and abetting a serial child molester as being more loathsome than O.J. cutting his GF's head off in a jealous rage.
I'd say Sandusky, and any priest that stands convicted still have Joe beat. But I agree as far as JoePa v OJ goes.

Also, Juice was a convicted wife beater. So he didn't have as far to fall.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Hmmmmm......

My post about this news breaking today from yesterday has been deleted ???

God forbid I stay on the topic of the thread and not run off hijacking the thread with talk about New York public schools and whose IP address is whose. Of course, those posts have never been deleted.

Not cool.

So without further ado, I'll post and article related to the topic of the thread (knowing it will probably get deleted) for staying on topic and not wandering off course and talking about the happenings in Mali.

As much as I despise this writer about 90% of the time... I'll read him because once in a blue moon he writes a perfect editorial like this.

Ray Ratto's piece on csnbayarea:

Paterno put 'the brand' ahead of human decency

http://www.csnbayarea.com/ncaa/news/Pat ... eedID=8349

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

M2 wrote:happenings in Mali.
I'll bet they recruit better than Cal.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

BSmack wrote:
I'll bet they recruit better than Cal.

Everyone recruits better than Cal now. Since we lost our embellisher of the 'brand'.

Looks like another 40 years of obscurity and going back to being a west coast 'Ivy' unless we can get rid of Ted Fraud and/or Maynard finds a way of becoming ineligible. There's a rumor Maynard may miss anywhere from 0-4 games this year to start the season due to academics.

But, Cal being Cal... we'll never get that lucky.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Excellent article by Ratto, M2. This bit, in particular...

So yes, this was Sandusky’s crime, followed by a level of moral and ethical cowardice by his superiors that may result in other convictions. But other than Sandusky, the crime was protecting “the brand,” at a time when “the brand” would have been far better served by a loud, public and aggressive defense of its most defenseless.

Absofuckinglutely. Had Joe Pa and the Penn St administration simply done the right (and painfully obvious) thing the light which would have shone upon the university and the football program would've been so much more forgiving, and all this would have been put to bed fourteen years ago. Only one person would have had to have paid for it; one monster, rather than having this thing spread to where it covered the entire administration and Joe Pa specifically in pure filth.

Earlier in this thread I tried to hammer home to PSUFan the point that the NCAA ought to come down exceptionally hard on the PSU football program for the very reason Ratto stated: Penn St prioritized their main gravy train, the "brand" established and zealously maintained through the facade of their sacrosanct football program, over doing the right thing. Because this was done for the sole purpose of protecting the football program, whose sole purpose in turn is to fill the Penn St University coffers, that selfsame football program ought to be made to pay for the Penn St administration's and coaches' callous dereliction of duty in choosing not to apply any semblance of institutional control.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm going to continue to withhold judgement until all of the facts and circumstances come to light.

-Mace
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:

Mgo and his impeccable memory....

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:Also, Juice was a convicted wife beater. So he didn't have as far to fall.
Plus, OJ wasn't really known for anything more than just a really good football player. Perhaps he was considered a classy guy and generally liked and respected. Paterno, on the other hand, beyond the coaching icon, was supposed to be this great pillar of integrity. He did things the "right way." "Success with Honor" I believe was his program's motto. This shit is why I'm a skeptic of basically...everything.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My thoughts...

I don't really have any, since my brain can't even comprehend someone putting their perceived legacy ahead of some really basic right vs. wrong shit.

Mostly off-topic, regarding the OJ comparison... where have you guys een hiding? OJ didn't do it, and in fact, did what you or I would do in that situation (albeit our methods would likely be different). And with the stuff coming to light recently, how fucking feeble were the investigators for being clueless as to who "the real killer" was?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

BSmack wrote:Also, Juice was a convicted wife beater. So he didn't have as far to fall.
Plus, OJ wasn't really known for anything more than just a really good football player. Perhaps he was considered a classy guy and generally liked and respected. Paterno, on the other hand, beyond the coaching icon, was supposed to be this great pillar of integrity. He did things the "right way." "Success with Honor" I believe was his program's motto. This shit is why I'm a skeptic of basically...everything.
As I have said many times here and elsewhere - it always was wrong to deify Joe Paterno. Nothing good ever comes of a Cult of Personality. While of course there are still new chapters to be written here, specifically the trials of Schultz and Curley and whatever falls out with Spanier, in my book the chapter on paterno can be regarded as complete. There can be no reasonable doubt that he knew of this abuse, did not report upon it, sought to cover it up, and influenced administrators to do the same. i have seen all I need to see - and the paternos that remain can kindly go fuck themselves.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dins, I can't tell whether you're being serious or not and I haven't followed any recent doings in the OJ case, so to what are you referring?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack PUSFAN, not that he really could have said anything different.

Hope it's nice and hot down in hell, joepa. And I hope the devil has a little quality time with you in the shower.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to programs throughout the country. You fukkers aren't anything special. If you do not police your own bad behavior, your day will come. You will experience Karma, with compound interest.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:I never thought I'd hear myself say this - but FUCK Paterno.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

PSUFAN wrote:and the paternos that remain can kindly go fuck themselves.
They're in full-fledged gravy train/cult of personality protection mode right now. They need to just fire the PR flak, take their millions of dollars and go into exile for about 8-10 weeks. If they want to play games over the statue in private, then fine. But stop issuing statements, stop answering questions and just shut the fuck up and disappear for a while.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
But stop issuing statements, stop answering questions and just shut the fuck up and disappear for a while.[/quote] :idea: :idea:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I don't hate this for Dave at all, precisely because he represents everything that Penn St is really supposed to be about. Joe Pa and the Penn ST PR machine preached all that garbage about doing things the right way and winning honorably while Dave and countless others just like him quietly went about their lives doing exactly that.

No one will ever pass judgment on the innocents of Penn St Nation. They are not the problem, insofar as the Cult of Personality issue reflects on the university as a whole.