Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Bellotti answers Wazzu question with evasive coachspeak

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/11/3 ... rylink=rss

Three possibilities:

1. He's interested in the still not yet vacant WSU position.

2. He's interested in another gig, ie Stanford if Harbaugh leaves, and wants to inflate his demand.

3. He's a college football coach, and that's the only way they know how to communicate.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Re: Bellotti answers Wazzu question with evasive coachspeak

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

When he pulled his name from consideration for the CU job, he said he wasn't interested in coaching in 2011. If he does a 180 and takes the WSU job, I'd be very surprised and incredibly embarrassed. It'll be a sad day when/if CU gets passed over for freakin' Wazzou. Sorry Q.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Here's a link to the story I read. I guess it was a little more coachspeak-y than I remember.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_16674053
"Keys, woman!"
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Just don't see it. I think he coaches again, but very little chance at WSU. He was forced aside at Oregon because the powers that be felt Kelly could take Oregon the next level. He's a good coach though, and he's got an ego. I just can't see him walking into a situation that he knows he will be on the losing end of blowout losses to Kelly to begin with. It would have an effect on his legacy at Oregon, which is still golden. It shouldn't, but it would.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Here's a link to the story I read. I guess it was a little more coachspeak-y than I remember.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_16674053
i read this article as well and my thought was: he waits a year, Erickson hangs himself at ASU with another yawner 4-6 win season and the job opens up.

not based on anything but speculation, i admit. ASU makes a lot more sense than the disaster at Wazzou and I don't see Belotti coming back to coach 1. at lower than a BCS level and 2. Any place that's not "west".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Just speculating like everyone else, but Jay stole my take.

Coach Belittle is a pretty arrogant guy, and I just can't see him taking on another PAC team (especially a PAC12 North team) so he can get jackhammered into the turf by the team he worked for for 20 years.

Although I'll make an exception to that, in the case of Kal booting his old buddy Tedford and offering him the job. That might be too much for his mega-ego to resist.

And he'd take the job at Oregon State without hesitation, except Riley ain't going anywhere any time soon.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The only difference between wazzu and oregon is Phil Knight

Washington State gets the nod on in state talent, both schools have JC admission standards, Oregon just have a billion dollar booster shoveling money in to a program that nobody would care about if he wasnt
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The only difference between wazzu and oregon is Phil Knight

And a real stadium. And a loyal fanbase. And a much, much larger population pool to fill the seats.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dinsdale wrote:

And a real stadium. And a loyal fanbase. And a much, much larger population pool to fill the seats.
a real stadium? are you fucking kidding me? autzen holds what, 45k? build a 90k seat stadium, put down a grass surface and then claim that you have something real or 70k seats at least.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Maybe Bellotti and Moos and team up to get Paul to straighten out his priorities.

Global Animal Health? How 'bout global sub 4.4 speed P?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40474699

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen is giving $26 million to Washington State University for School for Global Animal Health. The gift will be the largest received by the university. It's a million more than his old friend and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates gave the university through his charitable foundation in 2008 to build the School for Global Animal Health. The 57-year-old Allen attended Washington State University for two years before dropping out to take a computer programming job. In 1996, he donated $3.1 million to build a new high-tech fraternity house for his old fraternity, Phi Kappa Theta, at WSU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dinsdale wrote:

I've been to Autzen, it's a cute little cubby hole that people scream in... congrats.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

SoCalTrjn wrote: a real stadium? are you fucking kidding me? autzen holds what, 45k?
60K, since the tweaking... same as an average NFL stadium.

Let's see how many it holds in a few years with a Crystal Football in Eugene.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dinsdale wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote: a real stadium? are you fucking kidding me? autzen holds what, 45k?
60K, since the tweaking... same as an average NFL stadium.

Let's see how many it holds in a few years with a Crystal Football in Eugene.

You think the refs in the BCS bowl game are going to be like the Pac's refs and sprint to reset the ball every play? They're going to walk up, spot the ball, reset the down markers and slow the game down negating the ducks sprint option pace, and if that doesn't work, the other team will just get more cramps than a jr high girls track team