Hey there, I'm new to this place...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Hey there, I'm new to this place...

Post by the_ouskull »

I'm baaaaaaack!

Not that anybody gives a sh*t, since I've still been firing off the occasional drive-by, but I'm going to start trying to frequent this place a bit more. I'd have come back around more often, but, honestly, the past few years were pretty hectic, personally, and, even though this year slowed down for me a little bit, I haven't really had anything worth a sh*t to say. I'd rather Hungus myself for a while than rattle off a couple dozen posts per week that suck. Then, seeing that I made a list - after all these years - made me realize that I needed to come back home for a while. I just wanted to wait until the end of the season to do it. (That whole, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything," bit, don't ya know?)

So, I saw that Tejas lost. Sad.

Anyway, today starts the new season... How's your team look for next year?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: Hey there, I'm new to this place...

Post by TheJON »

Skull, you still on the 15 year graduation plan or have you given that shit up yet? Maybe you should just give Jason White's old man a call and see if he can't get you a job next to his son laying concrete for 12 bucks an hour. Just kidding, welcome back.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Graduated from OU. Now working. Next year, still working...

...or I'll be back in school. I applied to grad school for the fall. If I get a T.A. position, I'll probably go back to school. The head of the dept. is writing one of my letters of rec, so I'm not hurting there, if I decide to go that route. Teaching's been really cool so far, but I'd like to go back to school and get a little research done, believe it or not. If I really nail my thesis, it'll open up a few doors for adjunctship, seeing as, even at a school as large as OU, there's only one professor that even does, specifically, what I'd like to specialize in when I go back. (Sociology of Education, covering all aspects of the system - race, class, gender, stratification, etc...)

What can I say, man, I got that schoolin' in my blood now. Like family, or the hep.

the_ouskull
Last edited by the_ouskull on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I am sure you know this but............we will see you in September.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Heya Skull!

Nice to have ya back.
What were we just talking about?