Fat Charlie feelin' good about himself.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Fat Charlie feelin' good about himself.

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Fat people are unintentionally funny by nature, and Chuck is no different. Apparently he's not hiding his excitement over the fact that he finally gets to play a game where he knows his job isn't going to be on the line late in the fourth quarter, and he's out there taking taking public pot shots at 28 point dog Wazzu:

CHARLIE WEIS APPARENTLY doesn't think much of Washington State's chances to stop his offense. Weis told the Chicago Sun-Times this week that his tight end, Kyle Rudolph, "should get open every time" he's covered one-on-one. Moreover, Weis said, he's putting his lowest-rung O-linemen on the travel squad in anticipation of the score being so lopsided as to put them in the game.

The 6-6, 260-pound Rudolph was a high school All-American who last year became the first tight end in Notre Dame history to start every game as a freshman. He caught 29 passes for 340 yards -- both freshman receiving records at South Bend.

So far this season he has 25 grabs for 287 yards and three TDs. But only four of those catches have come over the last two games.

The Irish are favored by 28. Kickoff is at 4:30 PT and the game will be televised nationally on NBC.

Weis said Notre Dame will be looking for a fast start against the Cougs, who have had lots of difficulties in the first quarter.

"We'd like to get on top of them early and go hard for the whole game and see if we can't put a game together, a full game together on offense, defense and special teams where you can walk out of the game with everyone gaining confidence," said Weis.

Notre Dame's season has been marked by a number of games decided in the final moment. For Washington State, however, Weis said he'll travel a number of their reserve offensive linemen in the hopes of getting them into the game.

"We're going travel a bunch of offensive linemen to the game, and we'd like to have an opportunity to play a bunch of them, but the game has to present itself in such a way where you can do that," said Weis.

Weis said the inclusion of Myron Beck when he comes onto the field holds special significance.

"Now the other linebacker who plays a whole bunch is Myron Beck, and he's really a critical factor in what they do. Because when Myron Beck plays, that signals the change over from a 4 3 defense to more of a 3 4 defense because then they go from their 4 man stuff to their odd pack. So you know he's a critical guy in what they do," said Weis.

One final Q & A from Weis from earlier this week:

Q. A lot of times in neutral sites fans start rooting for the underdog if they stay in the game?

COACH WEIS: I'm not expecting that to happen.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/913922.html

Memo to Chuck. You were hired to beat USC, and compete for national championships. You have yet to do either. So you might want to think about that before you get too excited about rollling up a four touchdown underdog. But I suppose if you want to enjoy the blowout as much as possible, go ahead. It's probably gonna the last time you will be on the winning side of a blowout as coach of the Irish.

This fat fuck really is something else.

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: Fat Charlie feelin' good about himself.

Post by Killian »

So we have some comments by the writer that make his actual quotes sound much worse than they actually are. There's a big shocker. I'm guessing you either got this from a Washington paper or something in one of the Chicago papers? Big fucking deal. He said he would like to get his back-ups time if the situation presented itself. And the "neutral" game is a home game for Notre Dame.

Everything else you said is spot on, with the exception of the blow out line. And rack that first pic. Haven't seen that one before.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Chuck should also remember that Ty beat a good Wazzu team that finished the year in the top 10. Has Chuck beat a team that's finished in the top 10? Top 25?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

If Charlie wasnt so fat Jimmy Clausen wouldnt have sought him out for protection after shoving the Boston College player who was being interviewed and then turning and running away like a girl.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Shut up, pussy.

Q, he beat PSU in 2006. And I wouldn't mention that Ty beat WSU. That's fucking embarassing.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If you don't have Wazzu plus this week in Pick 'Em...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Shoalzie wrote:If you don't have Wazzu plus this week in Pick 'Em...
That's not even a sentence.

:D
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Really? Do you have any idea how terrible Washington St is? I'd say they have the worst BCS program going right now. Despite the fact ND doesn't blow the doors off people, they have an offense that is capable of putting up a lot of points in a hurry. If anything, I'd take ND in this one, but this is a game I'd rather steer clear of altogether.

There's an old saying in picking games...you don't bet against the best teams, and you don't bet for the worst teams.

And by old saying, I mean I just now made that up.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Van wrote:
That's not even a sentence.

:D

It was an open-ended statement...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Meaning what? What does the "plus" refer to there?
Last edited by Van on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Van wrote:Meaning what? What's the "plus" refer to there?

Washington State at Notre Dame (-29.5)

Washington State plus the points...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Fwiw, I took Washington State in the Pick 'Em. Looks almost Marcus Allen-esque to me to say that ND will win, but fail to cover the 29.5 point spread.

As for the article Q quoted, it doesn't surprise me to hear that Weis will look to play some of the reserve OL if he gets that chance. OL play was a huge problem for ND in 2007 and 2008. It's improved considerably this year, but we have four seniors starting on the OL this year. And rightly or wrongly, Weis is looking at next year as his best chance to really make some noise with this problem. It's not surprising, then, that he wants to get his reserves, particularly reserve OL, as much playing time as possible.

OTOH, based on the Stanford and Navy games from last year, one would hope that Weis learned his lesson about what happens when you call the dogs off too early.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

If Notre Dame doesn't get up big in the first quarter....

... Washington State shocks ND Nation to it's core.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Killian

Post by Killian »

Blueblood wrote:If Notre Dame doesn't get up big in the first quarter....

... Washington State shocks ND Nation to it's core.

the truth
No.