FSUs 2009 Season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

FSUs 2009 Season

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Re: FSUs 2009 Season

Post by Danimal »

Bobby needs to announce that this is his last season. He's embarrassing himself and tarnishing his legacy with what has become perennial underachievement. I don't know if Jimbo is the anwer but it's time to find out. Let him bring in his own staff this December and see what happens.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Couldn't happen to a better team or group of pompous asshole fans (*some* of the present company here excluded) . Enjoy the recruit crumbs that are left on the floor after UF, USF and UM feast.
Go Bucs, Gators
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Things are really coming to a head...the football team completely sucks, there is a strong sense of division amongst players and coaches. The program is in shambles, we are losing recruits left and right, we are the 4th or 5th best team in the state.....gee, i wonder if it is time for a coaching change? Next weeks home game should be interesting....GT by 30?
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Bucmonkey wrote:Couldn't happen to a better team or group of pompous asshole fans (*some* of the present company here excluded) . Enjoy the recruit crumbs that are left on the floor after UF, USF and UM feast.
Ok there T Rex
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Can someone explain to me then what the hell happened in Provo?

FSU is among the most maddeningly unpredictable teams out there. They're right there with Oregon St and Clemson. They hate prosperity, and they're a bitch as a dog.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Isn't Bobbah essentially retired now? How much coaching does he really do? It's funny/sad when after the game he is asked why his leading returning rusher got only one carry and he responds with: "You know, I'll have to look into that." From the outside, it sounds like Jimbo and Ammato are a disaster together. How much will actually change when Jimbo takes over? Is he going to clean house?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

The person who runs that site was a real douchebag to our fans before and after we played, so I would only take what he writes with a grain of salt.

I think the problem lies more with Fisher than with Bowden.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Killian wrote: How much will actually change when Jimbo takes over? Is he going to clean house?
You better believe it. New OC and DC for starters....
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

It is going to be ugly. Bowden will not budge. I don't know why they think he will just "accept" a retirement package...he's a 100 yrs old...if he was worried about "retirement" he would have done it 25 years ago.

So sad to see, but I am very happy that the board of trustee's sees the negative impact his unwillingness to move on is having on the entire program and the university. Looks like it will be announced this week that this WILL be his last year. Even if he somehow stays on for next year, FSU is restructuring Fisher's contract so that he will have total control over the defense and authority to fire/hire whom ever he desires. I highly doubt such a scenario will come to pass, but can you imagine the fucking chaotic scene if it did?

One thing is for sure, with all the stones beginning to fall, it has become obvious to FSU fans that Bobby has much more control over the program than we all thought he did....
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Papa Willie wrote:Don't worry. Freakishly bizarre FSU will play freakishly bizarre GT this weekend. They will play to a 120-120 tie through 30 OT's, at which point UFO's will descend from the heavens and abduct both teams and ascend whilst "The Wind Cries Mary" softly plays in the background.
On a side note...bet GT this weekend.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll believe in an ouster when I see it.

Here's what kills me - academic scandal in many flavors over the years at FSU has resulted in absolutely NO RESPONSE from the administration.

Bobby starts a year out with a few losses, and they're ready to pounce on him?

Fukken priorities, anyone?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Actually they have been placating the ole man for years. Now FSU is starting to really hurt in terms of recruiting over this dysfunctional situation.

Bobby, and his "old guard' staff, especially Chuck Amato, are a cancer to the program. Put Fisher in total control at seasons end and just don'rt renew Bobby's contract.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nolesy wrote:Actually they have been placating the ole man for years. Now FSU is starting to really hurt in terms of recruiting over this dysfunctional situation.

Bobby, and his "old guard' staff, especially Chuck Amato, are a cancer to the program. Put Fisher in total control at seasons end and just don'rt renew Bobby's contract.
Rack the ole Chuck Amato video.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

PSUFAN wrote: Here's what kills me - academic scandal in many flavors over the years at FSU has resulted in absolutely NO RESPONSE from the administration.

Bobby starts a year out with a few losses, and they're ready to pounce on him?

Fukken priorities, anyone?
PSUFAN, this couldn't be further from the truth. FSU administration penalized all athletes for the academic scandal in all athletic programs that were involved. We played KY in a bowl game in Nashville with about 22 players not there. That was ALL because of FSU Administration.
Now if you are discussing the various misdemeanor charges that come up all the time with no real penalties because charges are dropped, etc..., that is a different story and is at almost every major D1 school. But to say that FSU Admin does nothing about academic fraud is not correct.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

TheChief wrote: PSUFAN, this couldn't be further from the truth. FSU administration penalized all athletes for the academic scandal in all athletic programs that were involved. We played KY in a bowl game in Nashville with about 22 players not there. That was ALL because of FSU Administration.
Now if you are discussing the various misdemeanor charges that come up all the time with no real penalties because charges are dropped, etc..., that is a different story and is at almost every major D1 school. But to say that FSU Admin does nothing about academic fraud is not correct.
But they didn't put pressure on BOBBY for all those infractions. Now that the program is crumbling does he get heat. That's the effed up priorities PSUfan speaks of and I agree with.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

PSUFAN wrote:Here's what kills me - academic scandal in many flavors over the years at FSU has resulted in absolutely NO RESPONSE from the administration.
If by no response you mean investigate thoroughly, fire TA and Teacher involved, change how online tests are taken on campus, suspend all players involved, make all students take the class again, and report all findings to the NCAA. Then yeah NO RESPONSE.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Ken wrote:But they didn't put pressure on BOBBY for all those infractions. Now that the program is crumbling does he get heat. That's the effed up priorities PSUfan speaks of and I agree with.
I dont think Bobby could play solitare on a computer but if you think he is capable of taking an online Intro to Music course and emailing all the students the answers then rack ole Bobby.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

My view:

I thought Bobby was gone after 2010 anyway. So I dont know why people are calling for his head mid-season of 2009, let him have this year and one more year. It wont kill us and both parties can part gracefully.

Fuck Jim Smith for going public with this. How the fuck did that help the program dumbfuck?

Rack Ron Sellers. He sums up how I feel...

"It's just really sad because he has propelled FSU into a national power and we just haven't been there for really eight years now," Ron Sellers, a record-setting wide receiver from 1966 to '68, told Schlabach. "I really don't know what's compounding the problem. It's just a sad time. I guess that people want Bobby to step down gracefully, and I want what's best for Florida State University. I'm just really saddened by where we are. I'm hurting as much as all the Seminole Nation. It's bad. The last two Saturdays have been bad. Something is amiss, and I'm not sure what it is. But we can't keep going in the direction it's going."
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Bucmonkey wrote:Couldn't happen to a better team or group of pompous asshole fans (*some* of the present company here excluded) . Enjoy the recruit crumbs that are left on the floor after UF, USF and UM feast.
Rack!

Sin,
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Mr T wrote:My view:

I thought Bobby was gone after 2010 anyway. So I dont know why people are calling for his head mid-season of 2009, let him have this year and one more year. It wont kill us and both parties can part gracefully.

Fuck Jim Smith for going public with this. How the fuck did that help the program dumbfuck?

Rack Ron Sellers. He sums up how I feel...

"It's just really sad because he has propelled FSU into a national power and we just haven't been there for really eight years now," Ron Sellers, a record-setting wide receiver from 1966 to '68, told Schlabach. "I really don't know what's compounding the problem. It's just a sad time. I guess that people want Bobby to step down gracefully, and I want what's best for Florida State University. I'm just really saddened by where we are. I'm hurting as much as all the Seminole Nation. It's bad. The last two Saturdays have been bad. Something is amiss, and I'm not sure what it is. But we can't keep going in the direction it's going."
You are willing to watch the same product on the field for another year and a half? Fuck we are very differnt people and fans if that is the case. I love the university more than this football team and I support all the athletic programs, but this is fucking ridiculous. Sometime you got to call a spade a spade. I feel JUST like Sellers. Something is amiss and change is needed, we can't keep going the same direction we are going. Again, rack Jim Smith for finally saying what millions of Seminole fans, players, students, professors, RECRUITS, PLAYERS, etc...have been thinking for at least the last 3 years.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I apologize for going a little heavy here. I was indeed referring to the lack of consequences that Bobby suffers when there are ethical quandaries at FSU - or more exactly, the approach taken where he is concerned by the FSU admin. I think the axiom has proven true - keep winning, and all is good. Start losing, and people get itchy trigger fingers.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheChief wrote:You are willing to watch the same product on the field for another year and a half? Fuck we are very differnt people and fans if that is the case. I love the university more than this football team and I support all the athletic programs, but this is fucking ridiculous. Sometime you got to call a spade a spade.
I have been calling a spade a spade, long before you and nolesy were. Pretty sure you call me a tard for thinking this program was heading to the gutter.

All I am saying is that, if we have been able to let this shit go on for 8 and 1/2 years, what is 1 and 1/2 more?
Again, rack Jim Smith for finally saying what millions of Seminole fans, players, students, professors, RECRUITS, PLAYERS, etc...have been thinking for at least the last 3 years.
He is saying what most fans have been saying longer than 3 years but how is a Board of Trustee taking in house business to the media helping FSU?

Do you actually think Smith running his mouth to the media helped FSU?
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

LOL! You know...I think I remember calling you a tard. I don't think you are a tard though...perhaps that is when I was new around here and you thought I was a troll.

1 1/2 years is too long for me, I have already stated that. It is too long for the BOT also. It helped because finally someone has stepped into the light in a sense and has said "Hey, we see it, yes, we know there is a big gigantic fucking problem here and we know that you have all been very patient. We have too, but now it is time to see some activity" Now boosters, players and recruits see that people on the inside of FSU know there needs to be change. Boosters will hopefully continue to give, players will begin to gain clarity, meaning having just ONE chief, and recruits will understand that the clusterfuck is about to be over.

You know, overall it is just a sad time and I'm just frustrated. I see your point as well, that it just sends another shit storm into FSU's football program, but damn, I have been wondering for so long what the hell has been going on down there....it's relieving to see things finally surface. I mean coaches against coaches in practice???? Amato to be the next DC???? MA afraid to play freshmen over Mangum??? Getting beat by South Florida (no offense Mucho)? 5 and 6 in the last 11 D1 games? Losing 4 of 5 in Doak? How can Jim's comments be worse than any of that? Let's get it over with already.