Ball st backs out of Humanitarian Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Ball st backs out of Humanitarian Bowl

Post by Adelpiero »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

agree on disagree that Ball st officials have good excuse.

a Ball st-Boise matchup would be a great matchup, and for Ball st, a proving ground for them. They go into Boise and win, they can be next years BCS darling.

over-under would have to be in the 80's.
Screw_Michigan

Re: Ball st backs out of Humanitarian Bowl

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fuck that "next year's BCS darling" shit. Ball state wants a BCS opponent and I don't blame them. The BCS and bowl suits want a Boise-Ball matchup so that neither team knocks off one of their overrated big-time programs on national TV. This is the same shit the NCAA basketball tournament does by pitting mid-majors against each other in the first round and also magically end up with an OJ Mayo-Michael Beasley matchup in the first round.

Playing Boise is a lose-lose proposition for Ball State: They win, they just beat another non-BCS school and still haven't played anyone. They lose, they are frauds and didn't deserve to play a BCS school. Not a huge surprise the establishment wants this game to happen so bad.

And ratings for that game would have been horrible, just like a typical Adel post where he seems to lower the bar on dumbfuckery, the english language and modern day keyboarding.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

the commentary in that article is straight out of the ministry of truth. ball state cowered in the face of a challenge by passing on boise state?
Instead, the best season in Ball State’s history will always be marked with an asterisk. As fondly as they’ll remember the games the Cardinals played, fans will also lament the one they didn’t.
ja, especially if they get to beat up on notre dame. :meds:
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

M Club wrote: the ministry of truth.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

oh good, a picture, though i was hoping it was black and white so i could pass the time coloring.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

M Club wrote:oh good, a picture, though i was hoping it was black and white so i could pass the time coloring.

"Alrighty El Capitan! When you get up this morning, I want you to put on your bluest of clothes with yellow gold accessories as needed. I will be wearing my favorite blue cape with gold lining!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i had hoped prop 8 wouldn't pass so you could waste your time getting married.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Fuck that "next year's BCS darling" shit. Ball state wants a BCS opponent and I don't blame them. The BCS and bowl suits want a Boise-Ball matchup so that neither team knocks off one of their overrated big-time programs on national TV. This is the same shit the NCAA basketball tournament does by pitting mid-majors against each other in the first round and also magically end up with an OJ Mayo-Michael Beasley matchup in the first round.

Playing Boise is a lose-lose proposition for Ball State: They win, they just beat another non-BCS school and still haven't played anyone. They lose, they are frauds and didn't deserve to play a BCS school. Not a huge surprise the establishment wants this game to happen so bad.

And ratings for that game would have been horrible, just like a typical Adel post where he seems to lower the bar on dumbfuckery, the english language and modern day keyboarding.
And you know all about lose-lose. It’s your job history.

Boise State is not just another non-BCS school. It’s a school that beat Oklahoma two years ago in the Fiesta Bowl. Ball State loses and they lost to a quality program that had a legitimate resume for a BCS bowl again. You’re totally fucked up (big shocker there) about the TV ratings as well. That’s the one matchup that might get me to watch the Humanitarian Bowl.

The article is right on. They gain nothing by playing in Detroit, but really, that’s where the best team in the MAC belongs. Win or lose, they’re frauds. Chicken shit team from a second rate league.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Oh, Boise beat OU two years ago? Nobody gives a fuck. I'm sure you'll be talking up Madison Culinary Institute and GED Training Academy's recent Rose Bowl victories as MCI "not being just another team." Go fuck yourself, cunt. Boise and Ball State are both in the running for BCS bowls (Boise more so than Ball), so neither team is going to jump at the first bowl opportunity, and we could see this game happen anyway.
DETROIT -- Motor City Bowl Executive Director Ken Hoffman will be working hard this week to get the matchup for the Dec. 26 game.

"It's about as clear as mud right now," Hoffman said Monday. "We're considering Ball State, Western Michigan and Central Michigan for the MAC teams. We're on hold with the other side since we won't know until the BCS bowls are announced (Sunday), and then there's the trickle-down effect.

"We won't have a Big Ten team if Ohio State's in a BCS bowl since there's only seven bowl eligible (in Big Ten) this year. Then, we have to look at an at-large team. If there's no Big Ten team we'll be looking at a team from the Big East, WAC or Sun Belt."

Hoffman said he is still holding hope of trying to get a matchup between unbeatens No. 9 Boise State and No. 12 Ball State.

"I'd love to have that game here," Hoffman said. "I wouldn't rule it out, but it's not easy to put it together because Boise State would look at it as a home game for Ball State and if they'd play the game at Boise State (Humanitarian Bowl Dec. 30 in Boise State) it truly would be a home game."

Purdue defeated Central Michigan, 51-48, in last year's Motor City Bowl before a record crowd of 60,624.
Oh, Boise, what chicken shits!!!!! They won't come to Detroit, even though it's five hours from Munice! Fucking pussies! (Who have they beaten, anyway, tard?) As usual, you're just another dumbfuck old fart who was too stupid to get out of Wisconsin, but screams "BODE" at every possible opportunity. And you have no idea what the fuck your talking about, as usual.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ball State signing any contract before the BCS bowls were given out would be like Goober marrying the first woman to suck his dick when he was 29 years old, and we all know that's par for the course for Wisconsin programming losers.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nice fucking meltdown, Screwball.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, fuck-knuckle, Boise State has beaten a ranked BCS team. How about Ball-less State?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

The non-BCS conferences should be working deals to get their champs into more high profile bowls:

Mountain West Champ: Holiday Bowl v. Pac-10

WAC Champ: Cotton Bowl v. Big 12

MAC Champ: Capital One v. Big 11 or SEC
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Ball St ain't going to a BCS bowl game not with all the 1 loss teams lining up to take them all.

Alabama Florida Texas Oklahoma Utah Cincinnati USC Missouri (if they beat OU)Penn State Ohio State and whoever takes the ACC will be going bowling in the BCS. There is no way Ball State or Boise state gets a shot unless they are picked over Ohio State.

Maybe what the system needs is for the non-bcs schools to have inter conf championships to see who gets BCS slots. WAC vs MWC and MAC vs CUSA.

All I know is there are two open bowl slots

Fiesta will be Texas/Missouri vs ???
Sugar will be Florida/Alabama loser vs ???

You don't want either of those bowl games unless you really want to be embarrassed.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i read a couple of articles that think Utah will get the Fiesta bid.

So Tejas vs Utah??
tOSU vs bama?? pending title games. personally, i see nothing wrong with those matchups
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:(Who have they beaten, anyway, tard?)
A BCS conference team (who finished #2 in their conference) that's currently ranked #14 in the USAToday poll (19 in the BCS standings), on the road.

Thanks for reminding me-btw. Witnessed it in person.

How about Ball St?

Illinois?

Bigtime quality win, there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adelpiero wrote:i read a couple of articles that think Utah will get the Fiesta bid.

That's some ballsy prognosticating... since Utah has the highest non-BCS conference ranking.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:a typical Adel post where he seems to lower the bar on dumbfuckery, the english language and modern day keyboarding.
Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote:extra thick dickwads
That's how they breed 'em in "God's CUNTry," and not below the waste, either.
I think everyone's quite aware of the fact that your waste is from the neck up.

Maybe time to back off a bit, ya'think?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Vito Corleone wrote:Ball St ain't going to a BCS bowl game not with all the 1 loss teams lining up to take them all.

Alabama Florida Texas Oklahoma Utah Cincinnati USC Missouri (if they beat OU)Penn State Ohio State and whoever takes the ACC will be going bowling in the BCS. There is no way Ball State or Boise state gets a shot unless they are picked over Ohio State.

Maybe what the system needs is for the non-bcs schools to have inter conf championships to see who gets BCS slots. WAC vs MWC and MAC vs CUSA.

All I know is there are two open bowl slots

Fiesta will be Texas/Missouri vs ???
Sugar will be Florida/Alabama loser vs ???

You don't want either of those bowl games unless you really want to be embarrassed.
I'm pretty sure, privately, Ball State isn't counting on a BCS game. What they want, obviously, is a BCS opponent. Including Notre Lame, if possible.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:(Who have they beaten, anyway, tard?)
A BCS conference team (who finished #2 in their conference) that's currently ranked #14 in the USAToday poll (19 in the BCS standings), on the road.

Thanks for reminding me-btw. Witnessed it in person.

How about Ball St?

Illinois?

Bigtime quality win, there.
Ball st never beat Illanoy

Western Michigan beat Illanoy. Ball st beat Navy OOC, that's it. And Navy is mediocre at best.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Adelpiero wrote:i read a couple of articles that think Utah will get the Fiesta bid.
I personally hope not. I just bought a few extra tickets to the Fiesta Bowl today and hope to make a nice profit. For that to happen, I need a solid customer base of people wearing either burnt orange or scarlet & gray.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adelpiero wrote:Ball st never beat Illanoy

Western Michigan beat Illanoy. Ball st beat Navy OOC, that's it. And Navy is mediocre at best.

My bad -- I typed "Illinois," meant Indiana as their lone BSC game.... the worst team in the B11.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

L45B wrote:
I personally hope not. I just bought a few extra tickets to the Fiesta Bowl today and hope to make a nice profit. For that to happen, I need a solid customer base of people wearing either burnt orange or scarlet & gray.

tOsu/utah vs tejas

If God plays Safety for Mizzou and intercepts 6 passes, then I could see tOsu being moved to Sugar. Cluster fark!

Holiday Bowl will be a track meet no matter who goes from Big12.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adelpiero wrote: tOsu/utah vs tejas

Which makes me wonder...

How long will this odd deal tOSU has with getting a free fucking pass to BCS games they don't deserve last?

Is America going to ever tire of this bullshit?

tOSU played two very good teams... and dropped both. Beat two good teams, a couple other halfway decent teams. But mostly feasted on cupcakes, and underachieved mightily.

They have no fucking business in a BCS bowl.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Dinsdale wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: tOsu/utah vs tejas

Which makes me wonder...

How long will this odd deal tOSU has with getting a free fucking pass to BCS games they don't deserve last?

Is America going to ever tire of this bullshit?

tOSU played two very good teams... and dropped both. Beat two good teams, a couple other halfway decent teams. But mostly feasted on cupcakes, and underachieved mightily.

Till they get rid of the rule that states only 2 teams from each conference can get into BCS.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adelpiero wrote:Till they get rid of the rule that states only 2 teams from each conference can get into BCS.

For sure... then, tOSU can finish 4th in the B11 and still get their BCS berth.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Dinsdale wrote:tOSU played two very good teams... and dropped both. Beat two good teams, a couple other halfway decent teams. But mostly feasted on cupcakes, and underachieved mightily.

Hard to disagree with that, even for a Buckeye fan. The high school offense we've been running all season will be hard pressed to score many, if any, points against a seasoned Big 12 or SEC team. tOSU should be playing in the CapOne Bowl, but these BCS honks need to make their money. And so do I.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Ball State is wetting the bed right now.

2 70+ yard fumble returns for Buffalo TD's in about 4 minutes.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Turner Gill would have been the best hire Nebraska could have made.

Oh well, let Nebraska continue to be a bottom feeder in an average BCS conference.

Ball State is a mess.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

.m2 wrote:Turner Gill would have been the best hire Nebraska could have made.

Oh well, let Nebraska continue to be a bottom feeder in an average BCS conference.

Ball State is a mess.
You might wanna check yerself sista...you need to beat an 0-11 team to be 8-4 just like us bottom feeders.

RACK Turner and Jimmy on a damn great job!

And David Letterman can kiss my Big Red Cornhusker Ass!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Looks like Ball-less State made a smart move ducking Boise State. Seeing as they couldn't even handle Buffalo. What a retarded fucking league. No shocker that Screwball earned his "degree" there. :lol:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rack turner Gill

whoever hires the guy is going to get a very good coach. Can he recruit for a top BCS program thats struggling? we'll see, can he coach up talent? certainly. i'll give the fatman(mangino) one thing, the guy can flat out coach up talent. He has no where near the talent Mu,NU,etc have, yet he wins games.

Buwahahahaha on Ball st.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rack taking buffalo in pool
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote:rack taking buffalo in pool
L45B, you and me...that's all.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Correction: Humanitarian Bowl backs out on Ball St.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

L45B wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:tOSU played two very good teams... and dropped both. Beat two good teams, a couple other halfway decent teams. But mostly feasted on cupcakes, and underachieved mightily.

Hard to disagree with that, even for a Buckeye fan. The high school offense we've been running all season will be hard pressed to score many, if any, points against a seasoned Big 12 or SEC team. tOSU should be playing in the CapOne Bowl, but these BCS honks need to make their money. And so do I.
yep, absolutely.

RACK the HELL out of BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never NEVER have been to a Bowl Game.

1958--->ONLY INVITE----->u can come to the Tangerine Bowl....but your African~American Teammates CAN'T PLAY.

UNANIMOUS TEAM VOTE--->we won't go

50 Years Later.....Buffalo is going to a Bowl Game as a Conference Champion

Huge UPS to Turner Gill and the Program he has developed.

don't crap on Ball St. either....they'll WIN the 50th Place Bowl and cover the spread. (wherever they land)
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cornhusker wrote:Correction: Humanitarian Bowl backs out on Ball St.
absolutely right....even though Ball State said no to the H-Bowl earlier in the week, the invite would have never been made after Ball State shit the bed against Buffalo

Boise isn't going to get a BCS nod over tOSU...they travel too well....good thing too, BSU isn't ready for any of the top tier BCS schools....too many problems (and Fr's and Soph's) on the offensive line....next year and the year after, it will be a different story

Papa Willie wrote:I saw one projection that had Boise playing TCU? God damn - that would be fun!
Boise State is headed to San Diego to play TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl (they're already selling game travel packages here)....and yes, it will be a very fun game to watch....
get out, get out while there's still time
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

WAR GILL. Dude can flat-out coach. I love seeing a great guy like him succeed.

Unwar Washington for not giving Gill a sniff. Sarkisian? USC's O really isn't that special when you consider they have the most talent in the country, plenty of USC fans like seeing him gone. Hopefully for Washington he isn't their Chuck Long.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

So Tejas vs Utah??
tOSU vs bama?? pending title games. personally, i see nothing wrong with those matchups
I would prefer the fiesta to be Missouri vs Utah but that's up to ya'll.

From what I've read the Fiesta picks before the Sugar and might choose tOSU because they do travel so well but you never know it is 50/50 at this point.

The only, and I do mean only good thing that comes out of playing Utah is that I get to rub it in a lot of peoples faces when Texas applies their foot to the throat of the Utes. This game will not be pretty, I'm talking 52 to 10 ish
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:I've heard Gill's name is in the Auburn pool.
Syracuse should be all over trying to hire Gill. RACK Buffalo!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:too many problems (and Fr's and Soph's) on the offensive line....next year and the year after, it will be a different story
Isn't your QB a freshman?

If that's the case, you gotta be excited about getting good QB play as the season progressed from a Fr., behind a young line. Could be a very potent offense in 2 years.