Pre-Tailgating and tailgating PET

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Pre-Tailgating and tailgating PET

Post by Adelpiero »

Ok, were heading to KC for Mizzou-Kansas football game. This time were doing different stuff, my buddy talked us into:

5 lb's shrimp 8-12's
2lbs of Pickled Shrimp
2lbs of Crab Salad(excellent)
2 lb's of Jimmys holiday crab dip(excellent, i get it for every family event now, I'll check where they sell it in Indy, cause i think you'll like this stuff Indyf)

i bought a nice t-bone from the butcher, so i'm set. So he brings the shrimp by, and tells me he thinks he got eazy-peel, which i learn, means their backs r cracked and deveined(usually in the bigger shrimp), and i put them in the freezer, then bring them out this afternoon to get peeled and put into aluminum foil for saturday. We'll they weren't eazy-peel, they were shelled and not deveined. So i spent close to an hour de-shitting the damn things. And these aren't like your normal shrimp, these damn things had huge turd canals, and it took forever it seemed. So now they are done, 1 packet has lemon,garlic salt,butter,garlic , the 2nd one has butter, cajan mix, and lemon. They turned out perfect last time, we'll see.

so, here's what we got so far"

shrimp depoop'd and ready for seasoning

The dips-n-sides Pickled shrimp on left, Jimmys holiday crab dip in back, and Crab salad on right

have more when i return from KC. Anyone bought a half a cow? were the cuts better than from your local butcher???? Less fat or more fat on cuts? Was offered half a cow for basically processing costs, and was curious if it's better or worse. (mo beef)
Last edited by Adelpiero on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Re: Pre-Tailgating PET

Post by Cicatrix »

Find out how long the side has been aged for. If its 14 days take it. Longer....fucking pounce on it now. Anything less then 14 and you are not getting decent enough beef even for just processing cost. My out-laws have a hobby farm and so I get piles of free beef. Trouble is that the processing place is so back up with cows to slaughter that they dont have space to age it long enough...or long enough for me anyway. Its OK, cuz its cheap but could be way better.

Getting in on a side of well aged cow is a sweet deal if you can get it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Adelpiero wrote:So he brings the shrimp by, and tells me he thinks he got eazy-peel, which i learn, means their backs r cracked and deveined(usually in the bigger shrimp), and i put them in the freezer, then bring them out this afternoon to get peeled and put into aluminum foil for saturday. We'll they weren't eazy-peel, they were shelled and not deveined.

Looks to me like that shrimp is not shelled at all.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

it wasn't i had to shell it, and devein it.

they were supposed to be eazy-peels, but he ordered the wrong shit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Adelpiero wrote:it wasn't i had to shell it, and devein it.

they were supposed to be eazy-peels, but he ordered the wrong shit.
Sorry, but you said "they were shelled and not deveined." Just wanted to make sure you didn't eat the shells.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

adel, I like seafood, especially crab legs, but it's not exactly my choice of tailgating grub.
Adelpiero wrote: So i spent close to an hour de-shitting the damn things. And these aren't like your normal shrimp, these damn things had huge turd canals...
I'll now never eat another boiled spiced shrimp w/o envisioning "huge turd canals".

Was offered half a cow for basically processing costs, and was curious if it's better or worse. (mo beef)
Dude, you do realize it's deer season?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

ok, pics from tailgating. started grilling at 8:15am, right as the snow started falling again!

shrimp on grill in foil

t-bone and pork loin on grill

tboner and loins grilling

Tboner done

pork done

shrimp on plate

shrimp in butter,garlic salt, lemon mix

shrimp in cajun,butter mix

dat be it too lazy to downsize the pics for the KU-MU PET
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Pre-Tailgating and tailgating PET

Post by War Wagon »

Good looking grub adel, especially that T-bone. Got any pics from the game?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Damn, Adel, have a little shrimp with your butter. What do you call that dish? Shrimp Angina? I’d skewer those bad boys for the grill and just brush a little seasoned butter on them as they cooked.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

until i bought that $19 gas grill(which works perfect, a must for all tailgaters and hunters), we never had enough room to do shit, with just the 1 grill. And i wasn't sure how the new grill would work, i mean $19 gas grill? i wasn't expecting much at all, i was expecting 1/3 of grill to work, rest no flame, cold-hot spots all over. Instead, it worked perfect, as well as the other grill, a definite great find.

we'll probably do some skewers next time(next season)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:Good looking grub adel, especially that T-bone. Got any pics from the game?
calm the fark down. i have to cut down every pic, and i have close to 200pics. they are like 5meg per picture. so ihave to cut everyone of them down to save.

i'm working on it now.