Eternal Scobode

Wells out for USC

Post by Adelpiero »

Per Cowherd on espnU
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: Wells out for USC

Post by Adelpiero »

game is off the board on all of the vegas boards. so cowturd hit one finally.

i just looked at the line, and 5 minutes later, a nice line through it, and an "OFF THE BOARD" under it
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yep, ESPN.com reporting he's doubtful. That sucks. I was hoping to see both teams play at full strength.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i've seen games taken off the board for several players out, but never for a RB. Even when Farve was supposed to be out, they had it circled, not off the board. Marino out, game in circle. crazy

Vegas must not of wanted that action, they fear'd a beat down from USC bettors.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll wait until I see tOSU's offense take the field.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Awww shit, now we are only going to beat them by 14 pts
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Sky wrote:Awww shit, now we are only going to beat them by 14 pts
:D Rack!
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Beanie Wells Doubtful

This sucks. This really really sucks.

Not what either team wanted. Hope the kid gets better soon.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

The Buckeyes are deep at RB as most top tier teams are, with or without Wells the outcome is the same.

Fuck the speed arguement. OSU won't get beat by speed, go through the starting lineups. This game is won with depth. SC is so deep throughout the roster, they will keep coming at the vest and Cheatie will not step off the gas.

SC big, but not because of Beanie-weenie and not because of speed. SC is loaded and can score almost at will.

45-10 condoms.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Damnit. Doubtful? I'll believe it when I see that he's not on the field.
FIGHT ON!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Some think that The Vest is pulling the 'ole New England card on this one. I think the opposite. I think Wells' health was doubtful for this game all along, Tressel just wanted to hold it under wraps (until now) so USC would still have to prepare for him. tOSU's backups are solid, but let's face it, a talent like Beanie doesn't come along every recruiting class. If the o-line doesn't show up it won't really matter whether #28 plays or not.

The more truth to this news, the more Ohio State's chances of winning rest on Boeckman's shoulders. Which is kinda scary, yo.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

If he is really out then Ugh. Buckeyes need a difference-maker in there on O. If USC can avoid the turnovers and big plays on ST's that cost Ohio I can't see a Wells-less tOSU winning this one.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

L45B wrote:Some think that The Vest is pulling the 'ole New England card on this one. I think the opposite. I think Wells' health was doubtful for this game all along, Tressel just wanted to hold it under wraps (until now) so USC would still have to prepare for him. tOSU's backups are solid, but let's face it, a talent like Beanie doesn't come along every recruiting class. If the o-line doesn't show up it won't really matter whether #28 plays or not.

The more truth to this news, the more Ohio State's chances of winning rest on Boeckman's shoulders. Which is kinda scary, yo.
I really doubt that this will change the Trojans' preparation for OSU very much, if at all. With or without Wells it has been my belief that the SC defense will be geared to stopping the run first and make their QB's beat them...something I don't think they will be able to do.
FIGHT ON!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Whats the odds that Wells does suit up and play?

I would bet the farm that you see him
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Mr T wrote:Whats the odds that Wells does suit up and play?

I would bet the farm that you see him

I bet you don't even have a farm, cheater.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Danimal wrote:I bet you don't even have a farm, cheater.
Shhhh...dont tell my bookie.

He is going to be pissed when he finds out my farm is just some tomatoes i have growing in the back yard.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

WolverineSteve wrote:45-10 condoms.
you can't believe what a bitchigan fan says............

Woody
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Apparently, the final word.
Beanie won't play against USC, Tressel says
Friday, September 12, 2008 9:15 PM
By Ken Gordon
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

LOS ANGELES -- Tailback Chris "Beanie" Wells will not play Saturday night for No. 5 Ohio State in its game against No. 1 Southern California.

Coach Jim Tressel made the announcement to media this evening after the Buckeyes completed a walkthrough in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, site of the game.

"I'm not sure he'll ever speak to me again (but) I think it's the right thing to do," Tressel said.

Tressel said the decision to not play Wells was his alone after talking the matter over with medical personnel. The coach said he is concerned that letting Wells play might expose him to further risk of injury.

Wells suffered a jammed right forefoot in the season opener against Youngstown State on Aug. 30. He sat out last week against Ohio University.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I just hope OSU can keep it within a couple TDs for my own selfish viewing pleasure.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

it actually sucks

i loved USC -10+. now game is off the board.

i'm no trojan fan, but they have a stud team, i'm not sure i have seen a defense as physical as their is this season. sure, their Corners dont look back for the ball(sup mu corners), but they can stop the run up front, and force you into throwing, then they send the lb and safety, and your picking your QB off the turf.

If tOSU can keep it under 14, they show huge heart, and even with loss, can make claim to not having best player and keeping it close. Media loves that, they run big10, and they have a great shot at title game, pending what big12 teams do and SEC teams do. No one runs the table, and Tosu is playing again for the title
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

USC starting cornerback Shareece Wright faces a felony charge of resisting a police officer after being detained at a party last weekend in Colton, 55 miles east of Los Angeles, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

The newspaper reported Friday that several people were arrested overnight Sunday morning, though Wright wasn't among them.

Charges were later filed against him and three others by the district attorney of San Bernardino.

His arraignment was set for Wednesday, the Times reported.

Wright, an All-American at Colton High School, said earlier this week he had attended a party for a soldier set for deployment to Iraq, according to the paper.

Trojans coach Pete Carroll has said Wright, a junior, wouldn't be punished as a result of the incident.

"We went through the whole thing," Carroll said, according to the Times. "We understand what happened."
Perhaps they'll make him sit out the Washington State game.

Edit to add: Doh! I just realized that Brent Mushmouth is doing the USC-tOSU game. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Wright didnt play much vs OSU, they had Pinkard in the whole game. The rumor was that Wright kicked a Police Dog that the Sherriffs were using to break the party up.