Ok Let's Roll tOSU v USC

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Ok Let's Roll tOSU v USC

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Almost assuredly all week Mark May, Herbstreit, and many in the national media will have a hard time talking with Petey's man junk planted firmly in their grills...hope that between May and Herbstreit they are assured to get enough protein this week...

Anywhoo...many are snickering at OSU for pulling one out against Ohio U...I mean it never happens where said higher ranked team looks ahead or takes an opponent lightly with stuff on the line...for a quick refresher see Michigan v Appy State, USC v Standford (sup 40 point favorite), see Pitt v WVU (sup Dick Rod with a MNC birth on the line at home)...it happens...

Does Buckeye Nation think OSU is done...well most of them do...but I don't...if you think OSU is going to play like that this week against the #1 team in the nation...well then you might be dumber than a 5th grader...

I look for the Buckeyes to have a great, intense week of practice (well I hope they do)...and when they arrive the focus will be back...it's not as if USC is invincible...I mean UVA SQUEEKED by 1-AA Richmond this past weekend...so what does that say about USC? Nothing as of yet...they put a 52 spot up...awesome...

I think if the OSU OL can keep the heat off Todd B, then OSU can move the ball...if Beanie is 80% that is better than a lot of backs at 100%...plus he did not have a boot on this past weekend and was seen jogging to and from the locker room...USC will be facing a very stout OSU D...with outstanding LB's...Freeman is playing WAY better than James L right now...and the DB's are playing some pretty good ball...with all that said...

I look for a pretty quick open with both teams getting on the board early and a little settling...in the end Isay OSU pulls out a very good win with a late time consuming TD drive and wins the game 24-17...

oh and OSU right now is +9.5 hop on that shit...also my seats have been upgraded...2 rows from the field near the tunnel...plus I might be getting into an exclusive ESPN tailgate :bode: me...epoch...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Ok Let's Roll tOSU v USC

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

USC 31
OSU 21
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

USC 35
Ohio State 17
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

you're totally right about espn. they're so busy blowing carroll that it's amazing they find the time to kick dirt on tressel's face. no, they never go out of their way to get a rub on his balls.

todd boeckman is not a very good qb. pryor is 13-years-old. usc should win because this game has nothing to do with the ohio game.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm rooting Bucks, I'm calling for:

USC: 35
tOSU: 14
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Ohio State just can't consistently finish a drive. It's like the go offensively brain dead as soon as they cross the opponents 25 yard line...

I'm pulling for tOSU just for the simple fact that a mutual very good friend of mine and my So's is a Buckeye alumni and she'll make our lives miserable for the entire day while waiting for the other games if they lose and the chances of after Husky victory coitus will severely drop in that case.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

USC speed will butt fuck OSU. Not even close.

USC 42
OSU 13
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

USC defense is too physcial for tOSU

They will have to win by airing it out, they dont have the QB to beat USC by the air. This is the most physical team they will face in all season. They had trouble with LSU and Floridas speed, USC has that speed and is a ton more physical . Maluga is a monster. I just don't see it happening.

If they would of been getting the Running QB ready for this game, it could give them a wrinkle, petey and company struggled to stop Young when he ran with the ball, it could of taken away some of the pressure from an injured Wells. Some coaches just have problems with stopping running qb's, ask Spurrier, he still gets abused by running Qb's.

Let's hope it is a good game, anyone have early line? have to think USC might be a 8-10 pt fav.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

They'll get rolled.

The Big 10 just doesn't have the speed and power to hang with the PAC 10.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

opened up at USC -9 1/2, already up to 10 1/2
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

They have us just where we want them.

-sin
tOSU
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Personally, I give the edge to the home team in this one. If it was at The Shoe, I'd take the Bucks.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bucks are mos def the underdog.

weirder things have happened.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

Like my friend 88 stated, I just don't know where this Ohio State team is........

OSU 42
USC 10

Petey is in the locker room giving the ole bone job to the/a song girl thinking that 10-0 score will hang...Reggie Kardashi runs in and spells petey after he explains he did take the money and that Ohio State has takin the lead 24-10....Petey say's where is Kim, I miss her sweat ass, Reggie takes offense, fists a fly........Dirty Mark San.... is carted into the locker room, like a sailor on leave he says "coach, where's Kim".....35-10 Ohio State, Petey walks out on the field, pants around his ankles and yells.........anyone see that bitch Kim, I still got time.........Ohio State 42-10...................
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:But my brain tells me that Ohio State has played two shitty games in a row. Maybe we're shitty.
uh, joepa, michigan's legitimately shitty. osu has been scrimmaging and trying to work in pryor. osu's too talented on the interior to let this game become ridiculous, though like i said, boeckman's your qb, so usc should win.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

OSU 35
USC 27
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I've went back and forth on this one. Recently I thought tOSU's considerable experience-advantage would carry the day.

The Ohio-debacle has me questioning tOSU. Ohio by no stretch played over their heads, they turned the rock over FIVE times. tOSU should've blown them out.

Now I'd say USC in their home-crib should win a close one.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

everyone falls for this bait every year: some team doesn't beat a cupcake by 400 ergo they're going to lose their next big game. sheeat, usc lost to stanford last year and still won the national championship. i think osu will be fine.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

M Club wrote:everyone falls for this bait every year: some team doesn't beat a cupcake by 400 ergo they're going to lose their next big game. sheeat, usc lost to stanford last year and still won the national championship. i think osu will be fine.
USC won the national championship? Uh OK.

I can relate to your general point though.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i will begin writing SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM whenever i use SARCASM.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

I actually have no idea who's going to win this thing. But if everyone here is pimping the Condoms, the smart money has to be on the Bucks.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:i will begin writing SARCASM SARCASM SARCASM whenever i use SARCASM.
I got it and thought it was funny!

everyone falls for this bait every year: some team doesn't beat a cupcake by 400 ergo they're going to lose their next big game. sheeat, usc lost to stanford last year and still won the national championship. i think osu will be fine.
Yeah, imagine that. A team plays a cupcake before a huge game and plays like crap in college football? NEVER!

This will be a close game. Ohio State has the talent and SPEED to hang with USC. But USC's got the home field advantage. That very well could be the difference. I look for a close game that is decided by a big turnover. The question is.....which team will commit that turnover? Whoever it is will lose. That is my prediction. 27-24 one way or the other.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I still think USC is getting just a tad overhyped based on the shallacking they gave a very bad UVA team. And tOSU is getting quite a lot of disrespect, due to last week's pathetic display and the results in big games during the last two bowl seasons-- deservedly so.

Ohio State's offensive line has received way too much credit in the preseason, they haven't put together a string of good games as long as I can remember. tOSU's d-line should be able to get some push on the Trojans' young o-line, but if Heacock decides to sit back in a soft zone (his M.O.) most of the game, USC will march right down the field all night. And tOSU has to have a healthy Beanie Wells to even have a chance, IMO. If the game resides on Boeckman's shoulders, Buckeyes are in deep shite.

To be honest, the timing for such an ugly win like last week couldn't have been better. I remember the last time tOSU were heavy dogs against a virtually unstoppable team, and things turned out pretty well that night. Nobody is giving them any respect, but it's put-up or shut-up time. This is it. If they lose, they are pretty much irrelevant for the rest of the season on a national scale. No more excuses.

tOSU 18
USC 16
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Are we in for a sig bet? Are the USC fans gonna sack up?

Fuck it.. GO BUCKS!

tOSU - 24
USC - 16

thats what my heart tells me. the osu team bands together and the seniors and upperclassmen stand up and make a statement.

However my head thinks if we keep the game within 30 pts we will be lucky.. we shall see who is right!
GO BUCKS!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Where's Jimmy Meds at? All that back-and-forth shit talking from '02 and now he's a no-show?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Sam...thanks...had a great time in New Orleans as well and things got rough on the field...I am on an impressive streak of games...

2006 Michigan
2008 MNC Game
2008 USC Game
2008 Michigan Game - won the alumni ticket lottery

of course my record stands at 1-1...got to get off that snide...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

tOSU usually has a game like the one they just had against Ohio. Even though they were losing for a while, I never really thought they were in any trouble. There's no doubt that Beanie Wells is their best RB, and they missed him...but I think they're going to play a lot differently this weekend. Still, it looks to me as if USC is executing perfectly right now.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

PSUFAN wrote:tOSU usually has a game like the one they just had against Ohio.
True enough...how soon we forget 2002 where they scabdicked their way to a title and beat a team NOBODY thought would go down...you know, that "southern speed" was supposed to be too much for the Buckeyes.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

I had much more confidence about this game in the off-season, expecting to give a beat down to Southern Cal.

2 things really concerned me about the OU game though:

(1) the offensive line couldn't get a push on the OU d-line. This has been a recurring theme for this team in the past couple years. Unable to make 4th-and-1, shotgun-no back formations on 3rd-and-2. I believe even the vest has lost confidence in the guys up front. The few "long" (10-15 yds) runs Herron, Saine, and M Wells had was when they broke outside into space. Without controlling the line of scrimmage, the Buckeyes are going to have a hard time winning this game.

(2) kicking game. not being able to make short yardage stalls drives. Pretorius still barely gets the ball over the line of scrimmage. I predict at least 1 blocked kick, probably 1 other missed kick, and always the possible missed extra point.

I do expect the defense to play well. They need a good game plan though. Get after Sanchez, he's never seen a rush like the Buckeyes can put on. If they sit back (a la UF), they'll get picked apart. I don't think the d-line alone can put enough pressure on Sanchez to make him uncomfortable. HE MUST NOT GET COMFORTABLE.

Personally, I don't think Wells injury will be that much of a factor if the o-line plays well. The 3 backups will pick up enough yards to keep the defense honest and open things up deep. Boeckman must get the ball downfield. I think the offensive game plan was trimmed back and the long ball purposely eliminated from the OU game so the SC players sitting on their couch couldn't see too much. [That's pretty weak to schedule an off week, BTW] Also, don't forget D Washington and O'Neal will be back to bring a little more speed to the defense

In summary, I'm going
OSU 23
USC 17

.... including the block FG , missed PAT, and USC turning the ball over on downs at the Buckeye 35 with under a minute to go.
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

L45B wrote:Where's Jimmy Meds at? All that back-and-forth shit talking from '02 and now he's a no-show?
Just lurkin' is all. Ironic that in this shitty economy, I have never been busier.

Make no mistake, tOSU is a great program with great coaching and great talent. On any Saturday, they are in a position to win their game.

Anyone who wants to talk about how they stepped on their dick against Ohio is foolish. The Bucks were obviously looking ahead, and the coaching staff wasn't motivated to show Carroll and his staff much, if anything. Bottom line, they won and a W is a W.

Oh and anyone who wants to talk about USC going balls-deep on a shitty...SHITTY Virginia squad can take a seat as well. Butcher-raping that team is like walking up to a drunk fatty at 2am. Tell 'em you have a killer fish tank, and roll the credits. Happy ending: guaranteed.

While the coaches and players won't admit it, both programs have had this game circled since January. And they've been talking to recruits about it since it got singed-up. It's enormous for both programs and nobody can deny it.

I love that about our programs...anytime, anywhere. We lined up Nebraska before they sucked balls. We took on Auburn, Arkansas, Kansas State, Florida State and Colorado. We travelled for VaTech and Penn State to open two seasons. And we signed up tOSU. Similarly, tOSU signs up with Texas, USC, Tennessee, Miami, and Oklahoma.

Nothing would have pissed me off MORE than tOSU losing to Ohio. The game pissed me off until they closed it out. I wanted them to deep-dick Ohio. Still wish they had, but like I said earlier, a W is a W.

So anyway, as Killian would say I'm "JACKED AND PUMPED" for the game. Will probably be 12 beers deep by noon in the parking lot, and by kickoff I'll be a complete and utter trainwreck. Pretty safe to say Jimmy Medalions will not be getting any love from the wife that night, or for the week that follows. Never question my commitment to college football!

What's gonna happen? I hate to sound like an ESPN talking head with Carroll's left-hanger plugged in their cakehole, but I don't see this being a game the Bucks can win. I hate talking points like "speed kills" but in this instance, I have to concede that it is probably the case. Even though Virginia was a shitty test for the team, I think the 2008 Trojan defense will end up being as good, or better, than the 2004 squad we fielded when we won the 2005 BSC title game against the Sooners. The secondary is freakish and the coaching staff will be calling plays differently this year because of it.

Neither offense gives me much to be excited about. I'm not sold on the WR corp we've got this year...not sure they're any better. Tailback is deep but the oLine is unproven. Mark The Beaner Sanchez is a great talent, but hasn't played in a big game like this. Similarly, in watching both tOSU games I didn't come away thinking that their offense was stellar. Could be wrong, just an honest observation. Methodical, conservative, defensible. Good blocking up front, but hard to tell given the talent gap vs. their first two opponents. Same goes for the Trojans.

In the end I think Carroll will be aggressive on defense, and our special teams have been much-improved from a year ago (not a difficult statement to make, in 2007 they sucked badly). I feel good about our ability to manage what The Vest will call against us. Watch #4 Kevin Ellison at safety. Much will be said about Taylor Mays, but watch Ellison. You'll all appreciate what he did against MeSean Jackson from Kal. pwn3d. I like Ellison a lot in this game.

I like the Trojans to cover, because I think the offense will be slightly better than tOSU and the defense will be ready to answer the call. In any event, it's a big game and there will be big plays. That's life, and that's why I see lots of points when it's all said and done.

tOSU 24
USC 38

Safe travels to the Bucks and good luck on Saturday.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

My heart is saying
USC 45
Ohio State 10

but my mind is saying
USC 34
Ohio State 24
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

RACK the triumphant return.

Should be a great game on Saturday. I just wish the OU game wasn't on at the same time. :x
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Oh look who shows up...Petey's man spackle caddy...fucker...

Good analysis...did you rip that right from Mark May's night stand? Fuck you :hfal:

hey bitch...pm some contact information...we'll be rolling up to Gang Central and arriving around 10 am...want to have a mini troll stop with meds...our seats USED to be near you...but now...2 rows from the field bitch...

FUCK YOU and your prediction...I stand by mine...wells is going to treat maluga like a virgin freshman on prom night...

Oh yeah and good luck to your boys...everyone is pretty healthy which is what both schools wanted...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ass

fuck you :hfal: :D

and to think I was in Bama's corner when they played Clemson...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Oh and anyone who wants to talk about USC going balls-deep on a shitty...SHITTY Virginia squad can take a seat as well. Butcher-raping that team is like walking up to a drunk fatty at 2am. Tell 'em you have a killer fish tank, and roll the credits. Happy ending: guaranteed.
RACK!! Precious little of that tidbit going around this week. Welcome back.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Just saw this elsewhere:

:lol:
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Despite the fact that Petey has an extra week to prepare for tOSU, I see the Buckeyes winning in a close one. FAR too much is read into from the Ohio/tOSU and UVA/USC games.
Of course, my primary concern is how Boeckman plays. If he chokes in this game, fans will be screaming for much more Pryor this season.

tOSU 28
USC 24 OT
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Prediction - the next time TB will look "great" will be against PSU.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

USC wins by 14 after a late TD by OSU on USC reserves.

USC is going to win this game with power not speed. Both OSU and USC have speed and a shitty QB.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:I'm rooting Bucks, I'm calling for:

USC: 35
tOSU: 14
:?