Jared Allen? WTF?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: Jared Allen? WTF?

Post by RevLimiter »

Interesting read on ESPN.com as to whom the Chiefs should draft with their new picks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/c ... id=3363613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:So then, the Queefs will have to blow one of those first rounders to replace a guy they already had on the roster....and they might even have to put together some kind of package deal to trade up to do it. In other words, they will be no better off than they were last year. They will have accomplished nothing by trading Allen.

That is the epitome of stupidity and asinine management.
IF they take Chris Long at #5, they will be getting a player comparable with Jared Allen for a lot less $$$, AND they pick up an additional #1 (17th overall) which they can burn on either a offensive lineman or a corner. As much as I liked JA and didn't want him to go, at the end of the day he's still a DWI away from a year's suspension from the league and that SCREWS either the Chiefs (if he stayed here) or the Vikes on their investment in him. I'm guessing we won't be seeing mug shots of Chris Long getting picked up for DWI anytime soon.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

This guy fucking NAILED it: http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/JC ... Stink_Rant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I kinda like the move by the Chiefs. Granted they will suck cack for a couple years, this is a step in the right direction for them. I see them picking up Long or Gholston with the #5 pick and then trading up with Buffalo at #11 and picking up Clady. If they are fortunate, they can make a quality pick in the second round and get Flacco or Henne. That has the POTENTIAL for a solid draft.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

It looks to me like they’ve put themselves in a great position to significantly improve their team with this draft. I'm fairly confident they can find a way to fuck it up.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:IF they take Chris Long at #5, they will be getting a player comparable with Jared Allen for a lot less $$$,
Right. I'm sure you're going to get a bargain basement contract for the #5 pick in the draft.

Dumbass.
Even funnier is the article KC Flip Flopper cites in his reply to himself (the one where he said "this guy fucking NAILED it" makes the exact opposite point. I guess we should give him some kind of limited props for citing the thing instead of ripping it without giving credit. But it would have helped had the piece actually supported his argument.

Long story short, the only reason for Chiefs fan to feel happy about Allen's departure is that his next suspension will be on the Vikes' dime.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:IF they take Chris Long at #5, they will be getting a player comparable with Jared Allen for a lot less $$$,
Right. I'm sure you're going to get a bargain basement contract for the #5 pick in the draft.

Dumbass.
It'll be far cheaper than 6 years and $74 million, dipshit. :hfal:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:Even funnier is the article KC Flip Flopper cites in his reply to himself (the one where he said "this guy fucking NAILED it" makes the exact opposite point. I guess we should give him some kind of limited props for citing the thing instead of ripping it without giving credit. But it would have helped had the piece actually supported his argument.

Long story short, the only reason for Chiefs fan to feel happy about Allen's departure is that his next suspension will be on the Vikes' dime.
Even funnier STILL is the fact that you think I'm contradicting myself....all I did was post two links with differing views of how the Chiefs should handle the draft, and I sided with the Fox Sports guy.

Try to keep up, Sport.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Dumbass.
It'll be far cheaper than 6 years and $74 million, dipshit. :hfal:
Last year's #5 pick signed a 6 year, 62 million dollar deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... rown_N.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come again?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:Last year's #5 pick signed a 6 year, 62 million dollar deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... rown_N.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come again?
It's probably a moot point anyway because I really don't see them keeping the #5 pick anyway, especially if McFadden is still on the board and Jerrah Jones gets all horned up to trade up to get him.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

RevLimiter wrote:
BSmack wrote:Last year's #5 pick signed a 6 year, 62 million dollar deal.

Come again?
It's probably a moot point anyway because I really don't see them keeping the #5 pick anyway, especially if McFadden is still on the board and Jerrah Jones gets all horned up to trade up to get him.
Translation: I'm a dipshit and don't know what I'm talkng about
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

The Dallas Cowboys are not interested in trading to the #5 position.

They don't want to spend that kind of cash signing a player.

IF McFadden were to drop to 10, well then Jerry might start getting interested, but that's still doubtful. McFadden is too similar to Barber. I think the staff would rather have Felix Jones at 22 for a dickload less cash and use top 5-10 money on getting Marion Barber signed long term.

Remember, they're replacing Julius Jones. Not Barber.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RevLimiter wrote:I also forgot to add my congratulations to BoltFan and the San Diego Chargers for winning the AFC West in 2008 in advance. :brad:
That happened long before the JA trade.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^ Douchebag ^^
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Headhunter wrote:The Dallas Cowboys are not interested in trading to the #5 position.

They don't want to spend that kind of cash signing a player.

IF McFadden were to drop to 10, well then Jerry might start getting interested, but that's still doubtful. McFadden is too similar to Barber. I think the staff would rather have Felix Jones at 22 for a dickload less cash and use top 5-10 money on getting Marion Barber signed long term.

Remember, they're replacing Julius Jones. Not Barber.
I agree that the Cowboys wouldn’t move way up to get McFadden, but I don’t see him as similar to Barber. Isn’t McFadden more of an upright runner and a “glider”? I agree that they will take Felix Jones if he’s still available.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I'm not saying McFadden and Barber are clones, but it's not a huge change of pace between the two.

Felix Jones and Barber, IMHO, is a better one two for change of pace.

Plus, why would you bring in a guy who goes down the second he's hit to compete against a guy who is one of the toughest runners to get down in the NFL.

You want a bruiser (Barber) and a speed guy (F. Jones) to keep defenses on their toes.

With Barber and McFadden, you could essentially use the same game plan, just different tackling styles.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.