2008 schedule

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Re: 2008 schedule

Post by Headhunter »

DallasFanatic wrote:Cowboys get screwed with only 1 monday night game.

Screwed? Fuck no. I wish they didn't have any Monday, Sunday, or Thursday games. 3:15 CST ONLY.

I'm getting to old to be up that late drinking on a work night.

The Buffalo game last year almost killed me!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Headhunter wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Cowboys get screwed with only 1 monday night game.

Screwed? Fuck no. I wish they didn't have any Monday, Sunday, or Thursday games. 3:15 CST ONLY.

I'm getting to old to be up that late drinking on a work night.

The Buffalo game last year almost killed me!
Ahhhhh, the luxuries of PST. But no worries. 6 nationally broadcast games this season, throw in a handful of other nationally televeised games for FOX and CBS, and the Boys will be on regular TV about 10 times. I guess no need for the NFL ticket this year.

I have put in my request for Cowboy tickets for the Sept 15th game against the Eagles. This will be my one and only trip to Texas Stadium in my life ( :shock: ) so I am hoping the tickets come through.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

DallasFanatic wrote:This will be my one and only trip to Texas Stadium in my life
As a Cowboy fan, it is awe inspiring.

Texas stadium is a fucking dump. It really is. But the second you walk through the concourse for your first view of the field, the hole in the roof, and the ring of honor, it will send chills down your spine. There's nothing like your first time!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Headhunter wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:This will be my one and only trip to Texas Stadium in my life
As a Cowboy fan, it is awe inspiring.

Texas stadium is a fucking dump. It really is. But the second you walk through the concourse for your first view of the field, the hole in the roof, and the ring of honor, it will send chills down your spine. There's nothing like your first time!
I was down in Dallas on business back in early October of 99 and decided at the last minute to check out the Boys-Cards game that week. I'm obviously not a Cowboys fan. But I have to admit Texas Stadium was a very cool place to watch some football. Even halfway up main seating bowl at the goal line, you can see almost everything. And the fans were something else. Everything from hood rats with jerseys and gold chains to old white dudes with 10 gallon hats and a whole bunch of guys dressed up like Elvis, who I later discovered were part of the halftime show. But it didn't seem to matter who I was talking to, they were all hospitable Grade A people who were there to watch some football and run a little smack. OK, so the hundreds of little girls dressed up in Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader gear might have been a little freaky. But all in all, it was a great atmosphere. And, as a little extra bonus, I was in the same section (for a first half) as the legendary "Crazy Ray" who entertained the crowd with a rubber chicken painted red on the end of a rope.

Of course the Cowboys stomped all over Dio's favorite team 35-7 with Aikman tossing 2 TDs to the Rocket and Irvin and Emmitt Smith running one in. Little did I know at the time I was also witnessing history that day as it would be the last home game for the Triplets. The very next week in Philly Michael Irvin went down. To this day it remains my favorite non Steelers NFL game experience.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Headhunter wrote:But the second you walk through the concourse for your first view of the field, the hole in the roof, and the ring of honor, it will send chills down your spine. There's nothing like your first time!

Fucking Cowboys fans. I can't escape you bastards. As you know, I am a die hard Texans fan, but unlike the other die hards, I don't despise them and wish bad things upon them. I do, however, get tired of hearing about them in the media. Makes me sick.

Oh, how I long for the day when the NFL shows give an impartial performance on their pre-game countdowns.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

My wife is a Cowboy fan and I’m planning to take her to Dallas to see a game this year. Possibly the Bengals October 5. I know a number of people around here who traveled down for the Packer game last year and all reported that Dallas had its fair share of asshole fans. It shouldn’t be too bad for me as I will not be wearing Packer gear to the game.

I also took my wife to Lambeau to see the Cowboys the last time they played there, and we had asshole Packer fans sitting right behind us.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Anyone want to come with me to the Pats Vs Raiders in Oakland??? :)
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

DallasFanatic wrote:I have put in my request for Cowboy tickets for the Sept 15th game against the Eagles. This will be my one and only trip to Texas Stadium in my life ( :shock: ) so I am hoping the tickets come through.
You better hope they come through, because you probably won't be able to afford ducats to the new Cowboys Stadium.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Headhunter wrote:But the second you walk through the concourse for your first view of the field, the hole in the roof, and the ring of honor, it will send chills down your spine. There's nothing like your first time!

Fucking Cowboys fans. I can't escape you bastards. As you know, I am a die hard Texans fan, but unlike the other die hards, I don't despise them and wish bad things upon them. I do, however, get tired of hearing about them in the media. Makes me sick.

Oh, how I long for the day when the NFL shows give an impartial performance on their pre-game countdowns.

You know what's worse than Cowboy fans?

insufferable Texan fans who bitch and moan at the mere mention of the Cowboys. Want some respect? have at least 1, count that, 1 winning season. Try mixing in a playoff run or two. A Lombardi wouldn't hurt.
6 will will get you scoreboard, but you better hurry, because that number may go up soon.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Headhunter wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:

You know what's worse than Cowboy fans?

insufferable Texan fans who bitch and moan at the mere mention of the Cowboys. Want some respect? have at least 1, count that, 1 winning season. Try mixing in a playoff run or two. A Lombardi wouldn't hurt.
6 will will get you scoreboard, but you better hurry, because that number may go up soon.
Not likely, unless Tony Simpson learns how to win a playoff game in the off-season.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland gets it's bye week in week 5.

In 2007 it was in week 5.
In 2006 it was in week 3.
In 2005 it was in week 5.

7 times in the last 10 yrs Oakland has had it's bye week within the first 5 weeks of the season.

:meds:

Get fucked, NFL.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Oakland gets it's bye week in week 5.

7 times in the last 10 yrs Oakland has had it's bye week within the first 5 weeks of the season.

Get fucked, NFL.
Same deal with the Steelers. Obviously it's a conspiracy.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Get fucked, NFL.
HOW DARE THEY DO SUCH A THING!!! Commish Goddell, we want an official inquiry into this situation STAT! From here on out we shall call this "ByeGate"!!!!! :doh: :meds: :lol:
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Get fucked, NFL.
That's due to the fact the Raiders get all those other bye weeks when they play KC every year.
Save me some of that corn for laters...
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Nacho wrote:That's due to the fact the Raiders get all those other bye weeks when they play KC every year.
No shit???? If so, then explain to me why the 'Duhs have only beaten the Chiefs ONCE since 2002? :meds:
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

RevLimiter wrote:
Nacho wrote:That's due to the fact the Raiders get all those other bye weeks when they play KC every year.
No shit???? If so, then explain to me why the 'Duhs have only beaten the Chiefs ONCE since 2002? :meds:
Maybe they didn't get up for them.... Guess it works both ways. It's a bye for KC too...

But it is troubling to see that they can't get up for a bye week enough to show up every now and again....

I am sure they are used to it by now though...

The league should work to put a halt to all these bye weeks. Hell, look at the Cheats and all their bye weeks....
Save me some of that corn for laters...