definitely no brian kelly at michigan

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M Club
el capitán

definitely no brian kelly at michigan

Post by M Club »

i know we all presume les miles will be coaching michigan, but till he does, right? apparently kelly doesn't fit that michigan man image. a friend of mine used to be bill martin's assistant [you might call this his secretary, but he did turn it into a job as an asst. athletic director at a mac school. plus, i got to hold the m club banner once b/c of his job. whoot.] and still maintains contacts at umich. apparently cmu was glad to be rid of kelly b/c of his ego and shady recruiting issues. so now that that's out there, it'll be fun to talk about him in relation to other jobs. he'll probably win wherever he ends up, though.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Les Miles is hardly the anti-thesis of "ego and shady recruiting issues". see how many of Les' bad actors Gundy kicked off of Okie State when the big "40" first got the poke job....first thing he did. additionally, Lester has that hard to quantify baboon intangible that's getting harder and harder to find these days.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

I'm kind of wondering if UM is going after someone we haven't thought of. I don't read the Michigan boards so maybe this has already been discussed but I never saw Kelly as an option and I don't see Miles being the replacment for Carr. He isn't of the same mold.

Still, not getting Kelly is a good thing for UM, the Big10 and the rivalry.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

mgoblog is basically reporting miles has the job, though dude's "reporting" is to read through lsu mb's where ppl who claim to know players say miles told them he's gone.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I'm sure Kelly turned down the job.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:Les Miles is hardly the anti-thesis of "ego and shady recruiting issues". see how many of Les' bad actors Gundy kicked off of Okie State when the big "40" first got the poke job....first thing he did. additionally, Lester has that hard to quantify baboon intangible that's getting harder and harder to find these days.
it's big time cf, so of course he has an ego. for it to be a deterrent at michigan might speak volumes about his character. as far as gundy kicking players off the team he inherited from miles, are you privy to the exact circumstances? it's very possible it was a pretense to make room on his roster for players he preferred. or he could've kicked off nobodies to give the illusion that he was cleaning up. i don't know other than i wouldn't take the dismissals as proof of anything. and plus, there's a lot more character risk when coaching at osu. the texas, floridas, and ohio states of the world can afford to recruit character players considering they have the pick of the litter. building a winning program at oklahoma state requires a chance here and there.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

WolverineSteve wrote:I'm sure Kelly turned down the job.
I doubt he would if it was offered to him. I know he is pissed about the Bowl Game that Cincinnati is playing in.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

HEY M CLUB!!!
EVER HEAR OF WHAT WE SOMETIMES CALL A 'CAPITOL LETTER'?

just asking
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Yeah Brian Kelly Sucks.

Sin,
Turning GV from 0 playoff wins to a powerhouse.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Les Miles is hardly the anti-thesis of "ego and shady recruiting issues". see how many of Les' bad actors Gundy kicked off of Okie State when the big "40" first got the poke job....first thing he did. additionally, Lester has that hard to quantify baboon intangible that's getting harder and harder to find these days.
it's big time cf, so of course he has an ego. for it to be a deterrent at michigan might speak volumes about his character. as far as gundy kicking players off the team he inherited from miles, are you privy to the exact circumstances? it's very possible it was a pretense to make room on his roster for players he preferred. or he could've kicked off nobodies to give the illusion that he was cleaning up. i don't know other than i wouldn't take the dismissals as proof of anything. and plus, there's a lot more character risk when coaching at osu. the texas, floridas, and ohio states of the world can afford to recruit character players considering they have the pick of the litter. building a winning program at oklahoma state requires a chance here and there.
sure, fine on the "ego" thing but you were the one who first brought that into play with Kelly, no? i grew up around the Switzer staff in Norman and was friends with many of the staffs kids. ego, sure. what right does Kelly have to ego more than Switzer? or shady recruiting for that matter?

some Miles recruits, for instance, Prentiss Eliott and an OL Brad Girtman were bad actors at OSU. they were not nobodies but were highly recruited. Elliot in particular was tolerated by Miles. a great talent, really bad human being. google him and tell me about the "illusion" you mention above.

you have something at stake in this that you want to believe, and i think it colors your critical capacity, to be honest.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

there are different shades of ego, ranging from self-confidence to plain arrogance. [people aren't generally allowed to deal with esteem issues while coaching michigan football.] i imagine the difference here is that while out for dinner during the interview process, miles might react to a steak cooked incorretly with a simple, "could you fix this, please?," while brian kelly would go ape shit on the waiter, "YOU DUMBMOTHERFUCKER I SAID MEDIUM RARE NOT MEDIUM YOU FUCKINGCUNT I'M BRIAN KELLY." at least that's what i gather from context when someone says, while talking about football coaches who earn $1 million plus, that someone's ego is a detterent from consideration for the job.

my interest in the coaching search doesn't affect my ability to reason critically about it. i'm sure miles had recruited some douches to osu and turned a blind eye to some of their antics. i also think that sort of thing happens more often when you're trying to build a perennial loser into a good football team. i don't think the fact a new coach cleaned house necessarily translates as an indictment of the previous coaches.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Herbstreit is reporting that Miles is lining-up Jon Tenuta to be the new Mich-DC.

If Miles can keep Crowton with him and adds Tenuta you have a staff that could get sweatervest sweating. You are looking at a big step-up from the current staff.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Won't feel comfortable until Les is throwing on a white hat with a block M at a presser up in Ann Arbor. It's only speculation until that happens...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
quacker backer wrote:HEY M CLUB!!!

just asking
You mean a capital letter?

Rule #1 of grammar smack.

yer so dillusional its rediculous.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote: i don't think the fact a new coach cleaned house necessarily translates as an indictment of the previous coaches.
Gundy was on Miles' staff at OSU. so he was a "previous coach".

nice try though.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

just asking
It's also too much effort to ask him to spell out all his words. Is it really too much fucking effort to spell out "people" instead of "ppl?"

The value of a scU-M degree.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Danimal wrote:If Miles can keep Crowton with him and adds Tenuta you have a staff that could get sweatervest sweating.
That's two guys right there that could help 'ole Les use his timeouts effectively.

Of course, my response is about two hours premature as it now appears Miles is staying at LSU. I wouldn't be surprised by anything in the next few days.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

just asking
It's also too much effort to ask him to spell out all his words. Is it really too much fucking effort to spell out "people" instead of "ppl?"

The value of a scU-M degree.
yr posts are generally absent capital letters, non? the value of hating, the type of douche who goes on and on about how the guy banging a host of hot chicks is a loser b/c you can't score your own.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

So how much of an arrogant rogue is Kelly now that Miles is out of the picture?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

he's taking a vow of poverty at mass tomorrow morning.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

and he's washing the feet of mac schools afterward.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

LOL MClub
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

TUBERVILLE TO MICHIGAN