If UW fires Willingham this year

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

If UW fires Willingham this year

Post by Killian »

Will Jon Saunders, Michael Wilbon, Jason Whitlock etc., come down hard on UW and cry/imply racisim? Will Ty hang UW out to dry in a public forum?

Will any of you change your stance on ND firing him after 3 years?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Re: If UW fires Willingham this year

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Killian wrote:Will Jon Saunders, Michael Wilbon, Jason Whitlock etc., come down hard on UW and cry/imply racisim? Will Ty hang UW out to dry in a public forum?

Will any of you change your stance on ND firing him after 3 years?
Doba getting canned almost forces UW to drop Willingham. Doba had a winning record against Willingham and a better overall record than Willingham. If Doba wasn't good enoug for WSU, how can Ty be good enough for UW, WSU's cross-state rival and historically superior program. If they don't fire Ty they are admitting they have reached a point where their program's standards are lower than WSU's.

Edit: And when I say Doba was canned, I mean than "will not return as head coach by mutual agreement" is a euphamism for canned.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If Tyrone gets fired, which program will he ruin next?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Believe the Heupel wrote:If UW fires Ty, if Notre Dame doesn't fire Weis are they admitting that they, as a program, have lower expectations than Southern Miss, Washington State, and Washington?
:lol:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

If ty gets shit canned next season, look for Gary Pinkel to be #1 candidate

His seniors that he loves, will be gone from Missouri, he has big ties to the college, and during the coaching search the last time, he was next on the list after TY. Per D.Farr
Killian

Post by Killian »

Believe the Heupel wrote:If UW fires Ty, if Notre Dame doesn't fire Weis are they admitting that they, as a program, have lower expectations than Southern Miss, Washington State, and Washington?
If this was Weis's second bad year, then yes.

As for replacements, Jim Mora Jr wants that job and would probably come cheap.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Washington isn't going to fire Willingham this year.

I said it on this board sometime early this year, it doesn't matter if they go 3-9, Willingham's going to get at least one more year.
Killian

Post by Killian »

If they get blown out by Hawaii, UW may drop the hammer.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

They likely will get blown out by Hawaii, but Willingham's still going to be the coach in '08.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

They likely will get blown out by Hawaii, but Willingham's still going to be the coach in '08.
Let's hope Ty stays.
Sincerely,
Every team on UW's schedule next year.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Laxplayer wrote:
Let's hope Ty stays.
Sincerely,
As a well documented despiser of all things Wahsington, I actually have mixed feelings about this.

Ty is not a horrible coach. He's not nearly as bad as Washington fans want to believe. He's the very definition of mediocrity. And certainly mediocre isn't going to get Washington out of the deep hole that the program is in, in a short period of time. Given time, though, Ty will have the Huskies at a mediocre level. winning 5 to 8 games a year, maybe even one great lightning strike year with a senior QB. Obviously they don't want to settle for that.

But, Ty's very average in every way. He's probably the median coach in all of college football. About half of the coaches out there are better than Ty and about half of them are worse than him. That means that when Washington fires him, they've got a coinflip's chance of replacing him with somebody worse anyway. Given the track record of their Athletic Department over the last 15 years or so (Lambright-Neuheisal-Gilbertson-Willingham), I'm not so sure their odds of hiring worse than Willingham aren't even higher than 50%, really.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Believe the Heupel wrote:On Neuheisel's coaching prowess:

A guy I used to work with played for UW from 1997-2001, Started as a receiver and a safety-Wilbur Hooks.

He said that when they were getting shithammered by Miami in 2001, Neuheisel came in to the locker room and basically told them to go out and try not to get hurt in the second half.

He couldn't believe that his coach just quit on them like that.
You got me curious...so I had to dig this up. From the game:

Code: Select all

Washington  0  0  7  0- 7
Miami       7 30 14 14-65
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That may be UCLA's next coach......
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

JayDuck wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:
Let's hope Ty stays.
Sincerely,
As a well documented despiser of all things Wahsington, I actually have mixed feelings about this.

Ty is not a horrible coach. He's not nearly as bad as Washington fans want to believe. He's the very definition of mediocrity. And certainly mediocre isn't going to get Washington out of the deep hole that the program is in, in a short period of time. Given time, though, Ty will have the Huskies at a mediocre level. winning 5 to 8 games a year, maybe even one great lightning strike year with a senior QB. Obviously they don't want to settle for that.

But, Ty's very average in every way. He's probably the median coach in all of college football. About half of the coaches out there are better than Ty and about half of them are worse than him. That means that when Washington fires him, they've got a coinflip's chance of replacing him with somebody worse anyway. Given the track record of their Athletic Department over the last 15 years or so (Lambright-Neuheisal-Gilbertson-Willingham), I'm not so sure their odds of hiring worse than Willingham aren't even higher than 50%, really.

Good post, Ty is the definition of average and considering their track-record it would be no shock if they screwed-the-pooch on their next hire. I saw Ty's mediocrity a mile away when they hired him, why couldn't they? Unfortunately for Ty he is an average coach that is trying to turn around a bad team while playing a very tough sched. They should've had a solid season last year but Stanback went down. Washington is a good job, don't see why they have such problems making good hires.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?