Messier's jersey retirement

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Messier's jersey retirement

Post by Cross Traffic »

Been watching MSG's coverage before Messier's jersey retirement, all of the players from the 94 Cup winner, save for the 5 that are still in the NHL are going to be there. There are also some surprizes in store for the 7pm (est) start.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

My Rangers history is very much lacking. Is there a reason the crowd was booing Beukeboom (sp?) or is the MSG bunch just of crowd of classless tards who could care less about a special ceremony to show a little tact?
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

They are classless.....they're from New York. :P

But seriously Trixie, it was 'boooo' as in "BEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" or "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Think Hakan Loob.

They love Beukeboom in NY.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Sounded like BOOOO to me. They were boos for other people too so I doubt it was BOOOOOM they were saying.

But who knows....they talk funny in New Yahk.
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

Boo - Beukeboom ...loved by all ranger fans , fearless

Noons - Brian Noonan ...grinder , hustler .
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RACK Mess...I was too young to see him with the Oilers. He's always been a Ranger to me. That Rangers-Canucks finals was one of the best I've ever seen. Leetch's #2 should be up in the rafters soon and maybe Graves' #9?

War Mess' guarantee in Game 6 vs. NJ and hat trick
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

rack mess, one of the greatest leaders of our time. although i hate the ranjerks, 94 was the first year i discovered how great hockey was and the 94 playoffs will always have a special meaning for me. in fact, i still have 94 playoffs video on tape, i'll have to bust it out sometime. quality hockey throughout.

god that 94 final had some great shit: mclean's 52 saves and the ranjerks hitting five pipes in game 1, richter stoning bure on the penalty shot in game 4, and of course, game 7.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Leetch's #2 should be up in the rafters soon and maybe Graves' #9?

War Mess' guarantee in Game 6 vs. NJ and hat trick
If Messier's number is up in the rafters, then you can count on Leetch's being there sometime after he retires.

As much as I loved watching Graves player when he was with the Rangers I don't see his number being retired. If they did that, then Ron Greschner's #4 should be up there as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Messier= one of if not the greatest leader of any sports team in history. I have nothing but respect for that guy.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

MuchoBulls wrote: As much as I loved watching Graves player when he was with the Rangers I don't see his number being retired. If they did that, then Ron Greschner's #4 should be up there as well.
What about Ron Duguay's hair?

That is hall of fame hair.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Messier missed out when "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" was on the air.
He would've made a great Cardassian, with a minimal amount of makeup! :lol:

ImageImage
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Funkywhiteboy wrote:Messier missed out when "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" was on the air.
He would've made a great Cardassian, with a minimal amount of makeup! :lol:

ImageImage
Bad smack aside, I dare say that it should be mentioned in the same thread that people are declaring Messier the best leader in the history of sports that Mark Messier DID in fact play for the Vancouver Canucks, as indicated in the above picture.

Mark Messier is probably the worst Canuck of all time, expectations considered. I can't name a Canuck fan (and I know a few) that can actually show a shred of respect for that man.

Good thing the New York media has nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings for him.
Still a FlameFan
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

JD wrote:I can't name a Canuck fan (and I know a few) that can actually show a shred of respect for that man.
That's because most canuck fans come in only slightly above seaweed on the intelligence scale. That and/or they're just jealous byatches.

Mark Messier

6 Stanley Cups
2 Hart Trophies
2 Lester B. Pearson Trophies
1 Conn Smythe Trophy

Vancouver Canucks

Bure won a Calder, Quinn won an Adams. Other than that......Dick Butkis.

Vancouver wouldn't know a winner if it punched them in the back of the head, smashed it's head into the ice and broke its neck.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

al? wrote:Vancouver wouldn't know a winner if it punched them in the back of the head, smashed it's head into the ice and broke its neck.
I agree with you on that, and as much as the Oilers rank #1 on the hatred scale, I have so much more respect for them and their fans than I do for the Canucks and their fans...

However, why does Mess get a free pass for doing jack shit for the last 10 YEARS of his career?

I guess the first 15 are worthy of a Hall of Fame career on their own. Maybe I answered my own question?
Still a FlameFan