When the NHL Returns...

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

When the NHL Returns...

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

I don't know, I may be out.....not completely, but I was a season ticket holder two years ago and I don't really know if I would attend a single game next season, assuming they played. I'm not really mad about it, it's just that it has really lost a lot of importance or interest for me. We'll see.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Captain Haddock
Elwood

Post by Captain Haddock »

I'm in like Flynn.

Both the owners and the players...are going to pull out all the stops in order to lure us back.

Add in the new rules, which I very much support, it's a new age of hockey.

I'm getting pumped up.
Lily-livered bandicoots!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Considering I'm not in an NHL market anymore, I'll be glued to Center Ice and watching the Kings hopefully make the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

When the NHL comes back, I'll be back.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

You bet your ass I'll be back.

This lockout was all about making teams like the Flames viable again. If anything, the new NHL should be MORE appealing to fans of teams like the Calgary Flames.

Tough luck for fans of teams that may have to dump some of their better players to get under the cap though. May be a tough sell in places like Denver and Dallas.
Still a FlameFan
Captain Haddock
Elwood

Post by Captain Haddock »

I'd like too know where this leaves Sidney Crosby?

Let's say the NHL/NHLPA have a deal signed by Mid-July. Crosby still has to sign, do the combine, rookie camps, media runs. I just don't know if there's time.
Lily-livered bandicoots!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Bygones won't be bygones but I'll certainly return to being one of the biggest WingFans on the planet. It hurts not having the game and I'm aggrevated that the two sides aren't showing more urgency but I'll be there waiting for the NHL to return. I've been able to pass the time without hockey but obviously I certainly would've rather had it this year than not. I've said all along that if they're going to be out for a long time, they better sign one hell of a deal to make this worth the wait. The league is taking a beating but they better be thankful they still have fans like us.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I will get my season tickets again when they go on sale. I will not be a supporter of the shootout, but I will return to the arena.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I don't live in an NHL community any longer but even if I did I doubt I would be purchasing Penns tickets this year.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Work stoppages in major sports have always been around and they always will. Is there big $$$ involved? Damn right....and as long as there is, there will always be haggling over it. If anything, this whole embroglio is a blessing in disguise and will hopefully make for a stronger league overall, with more teams being able to compete on a level playing field....er.....ice surface, like JD is talking about. But I'm not going to be one of those old farts who give it that, (fx: old geezer voice) ".....ever since they went on strike, I'm not giving one more dime to those overpaid bastards or watching on tv...it's Lawrence Welk for me now!..." crap. See 'ya, gramps. Enjoy the polkas. Labor strife notwithstanding, it's still hockey, baseball, football, whatever and I'm a fan of all of them and I'm already stoked for football AND the possibility of hockey in the fall!
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

I am still pissed off at both sides and don't plan on paying a dime to watch an NHL game for a looooooooong time. The NHL AND the NHLPA are seriously going to have to kiss my ass before I do that.

I will probably watch the games on TV, but even if someone offers me free tickets to a game I will refuse.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

AcidQueen wrote:When the NHL comes back, I'll be back.
Same here AQ.....
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

out

I'm on strike.....for at least a year, maybe two.

When I do decide to go to another game, best believe I'll be cheering on the Stanley Cup champs as hard as ever.

lets go red wings.......... clap clap clap clap clap
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The NHL work stoppage still hasnt addressed the major concern for my team..... bad ownership. The Kings still have that carpetbagging cocksucker Phil Anschultz at the helm, this guy is an admitted Avalanche fan who has box seats at Avs games and his companies name on the ice in Denver. He only bought the Kings as a way in to the LA market where he has whored himself a new arena, and arena football team and a new Soccer facility that nobody goes to. His only reason for buying the Kings was to put himself in the top spot for an NFL franchise should one be awarded to Los Angeles.
During his time with the Kings he has awarded AEG employees for mediocrity, he has given a contract extension to the losingist coach in franchise history, job security to a boob of a GM who has only made teams he makes trades with better as his team has gotten worse. the uniforms have more glitter and purple than something Rudy Galinda would wear on the ice and the team president flat out lies to the fan base every chance he gets......"Adam Deadmarsh and Jason Allison will be back by the start of the 03-04 season I guarantee it".
Until the Kings get new, local ownership, Im prepared for this lockout to continue.

Anaheim got new, local owners, they dump the team name the silly ties to Disney and all those little kids running around the arena and Ill make the shorter drive up there rather than the one in to LA
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

al? wrote:When I do decide to go to another game, best believe I'll be cheering on the Stanley Cup champs as hard as ever.
What, you're going to finally complete the transition back to cheering for the Flames? :wink:
Still a FlameFan
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Let's go Lightning!!!!! It will be fun to see the REAL defending Champs on the ice.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

T REX wrote:Let's go Lightning!!!!! It will be fun to see the REAL defending Champs on the ice.
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That St. Louis goal in Game 6 still stings me when I see it. :x

It will be nice when my last memory of watching the Flames isn't seeing them lost Game 7.
Still a FlameFan
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JD wrote:
al? wrote:When I do decide to go to another game, best believe I'll be cheering on the Stanley Cup champs as hard as ever.
What, you're going to finally complete the transition back to cheering for the Flames? :wink:
When they win another Stanley Cup of course.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Hapday wrote:
JD wrote:
When they win another Stanley Cup of course.
Well, that is the implication!! 8)
Still a FlameFan
James Dean Bradfield
Elwood

Post by James Dean Bradfield »

can't wait to see my first 2-line pass .
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

JD wrote: What, you're going to finally complete the transition back to cheering for the Flames? :wink:

Never started the transition, just don't hate them like I used to. I'm quite comfortable in red and white, thankyou.

8)